TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

The OAO Raw Thread - 2/2/2004

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Maybe so, but if you are really over you get your reaction the moment that you are shown on screen, regardless of how long you are on TV.

I guess people complaining that the midcarders suck needs to realize they are rarely seen on T.V., and even more rarely get interview time.

When was the last time Rico got qa chance to draw heat with a promo? The YEar 2002? Or maybe when he "left" 3MW sometime last year.

Decent Raw with the Benoit/HHH build-up tying in with the Foley/Orton build-up. However, I still hope WWE isn't planning on having a Triple Threat Ladder match for the World Heavyweight title at Wrestlemania with Benoit possibly injuring his neck even more.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Decent Raw with the Benoit/HHH build-up tying in with the Foley/Orton build-up. However, I still hope WWE isn't planning on having a Triple Threat Ladder match for the World Heavyweight title at Wrestlemania with Benoit possibly injuring his neck even more.

HHH Can't climb a ladder. LOL Sure, he did at Armageddon 2002, but his knees got fucked up last year, and it would be like saying Austin should be in ladder matches post 1997 (never had one anyway)

So.....crowd silent for Spike Dudley? Check.

Crowd silent for Rico? Check.

Crowd silent for Rene Dupree? Check.

Crowd silent for Test? Check.

Crowd silent for Randy Orton? Check.

Van Dam ENTIRELY left off the show.....why, of course.

Who needs those damned useless, OVER wrestlers?! We had a Rico/Dupree match!! But I can't complain. I must take whatever WWE gives me to enjoy. Baa baa. Spike/HHH?! AWESOME!

Spike/La Rez/Test/Rico were ALL on T.V. for a max of 10 minutes. Way to make an ass out of yourself.

:lol: :lol:

Good one.

......wait, you can't POSSIBLY be talking to me. Because, if you are, you ENTIRELY missed the point.

They put out all these unover wrestlers that had pretty much NO reaction (I guess I can understand Orton, but Rico? Dupree? SPIKE?!?!), but decided to leave one of their most over wrestlers on Raw, one Rob Van Dam, off tonight's card....probably sticking him on Heat.

Why?

And what was the result of this idiotic booking?

A relatively dead crowd.

Nice.

Just got back from seeing the show live... hated it. Like, I seriously was bored out of my mind. The assholes behind me screaming stupid shit like "VAGINA!" every ten seconds didn't help, but still, it was just a boring show. The crowd was totally dead, although I can't exactly blame them since nothing happened to get them excited. No fun promos, no good matches, meh total waste of time. I'm usually marking out for these things live no matter how bad they are too, so this was really spectacularly awful.

Indeed, RVD was on Heat, in a heatless match against some guy I hadn't heard of (not a jobber, he had an intro, Jon something? Not sure). Wasting him on Heat was stupid.

Pop of the night went to the Taker tease, which was the only thing I really marked out for. Pretty damn cool. Only other big pop really was for Austin. Even Foley and Shawn got pretty subdued reactions, but I think by then we all just wanted to go home.

I admit the show did a good job building for WM20, but in terms of actually being fun to watch, it didn't deliver at all.

Decent Raw with the Benoit/HHH build-up tying in with the Foley/Orton build-up.  However, I still hope WWE isn't planning on having a Triple Threat Ladder match for the World Heavyweight title at Wrestlemania with Benoit possibly injuring his neck even more.

HHH Can't climb a ladder. LOL Sure, he did at Armageddon 2002, but his knees got fucked up last year, and it would be like saying Austin should be in ladder matches post 1997 (never had one anyway)

What about KOTR 1999?

I remember his Storm match on Heat...what I remember most was that he worked both Heat and RAW that week.

It possibly is the Jerry Lynn Heat match WAYYY back in 2001.

I know he hasn't missed a show due to injury...but I wonder if he was kept off to sell one...possibly during the Kane feud? I seem to think there was a show he was kept off to sell injuries. That is the only way to get him to sell it, right? :P

It might have been John Heidenreich. It sounded like "Waterman" but I knew that didn't make sense. Same number of syllables, so maybe. Yeah, RVD won.

It might have been John Heidenreich. It sounded like "Waterman" but I knew that didn't make sense. Same number of syllables, so maybe. Yeah, RVD won.

It wasn't Ron Waterman was it?

Rico only has a future if they repackage him.

I'm looking forward to Van Dam hitting the indies later this year, I want to see if he can hang with the new kids.

HA! You actually think WWE will let him go? Come on now, they need a back-up plan to get the people they are pushing over. And to make sure he signs again, they'll give him a little push around signing time, but after a couple monthes, he'll be back where he is now. He'll be to go-to guy. Need an up-and-comer to win a high-profile feud? Have him feud with RVD. As long as the fans react strongly to him, he'll always be 'high profile' in their eyes.