TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

The OAO Raw Thread - 2/2/2004

WHAT'S NEXT FOR FOLEY?

Feb. 2, 2004

If the last two events in Pennsylvania involving RAW are a sign of things to come, expect nothing less than the unexpected this week on RAW! After last week’s Royal Rumble and RAW – from Philadelphia and Hershey, respectively – led to events that shook the very foundation of RAW, when it comes to you from Penn State University, look for the same on RAW!

In the ring, Chris Jericho & Christian will team to challenge to be the No. 1 Contenders for the World Tag Team Championship. Who will they meet? Find out on RAW!

Also, last week, Mick Foley made a stunning return to defend his honor as Hardcore Legend at the Royal Rumble, and then the next night on RAW he made it clear that he would not tolerate Randy Orton’s repeated claims of cowardice on Foley’s part. After unleashing an assault on Orton, Batista and Ric Flair, it was clear that Foley is back … but exactly what does that mean? Tune into RAW to find out!

RAW also revealed last week that SmackDown! Superstar Chris Benoit will challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania XX. However, the decision is not necessarily a good thing for RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff, who will have to overcome threats of legal action by SmackDown! GM Paul Heyman if Benoit is to compete for a Championship held by a RAW Superstar. Does Bischoff have a plan? Watch RAW to find out at 9/8 CT on Spike TV!

-

I hope it's at least as good as last week's Raw.

Guest hhheld_down

damn i think you had this up like a minute or so before i did.. meh oh well they can delete mine and keep yours.

RAW also revealed last week that SmackDown! Superstar Chris Benoit will challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania XX. However, the decision is not necessarily a good thing for RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff, who will have to overcome threats of legal action by SmackDown! GM Paul Heyman if Benoit is to compete for a Championship held by a RAW Superstar. Does Bischoff have a plan? Watch RAW to find out at 9/8 CT on Spike TV!

OMG~!!!! WWEE IS GONA TAKE BENOITS TITLE WIN AWAY. SCREW YOU WWE@! FUK U VINCE HHH AND RANDY ORTON! DAMN YOU ALL FOR HOLDIN DOWN CHRIS BENOIT!!!!!

...wait. So is Benoit being used for a catalyst to further the "seperation" between Raw and Smackdown?

That's kinda interesting.

As far as Benoit wrestling, I doubt it. Unless it is Mark Henry.

Guest Choken One

Benoit shouldn't wrestle, since why would Bischoff let him if he is facing potential legal action...

You know, now I understand why it becomes a Triple Threat.

Because Bischoff can't be certain that Benoit will be able to compete against HHH. Thus, Bischoff inserts Shawn (after Benoit is thought to not be able to compete), then Benoit is cleared and since Bischoff can't take back the written contract of Shawn facing off against HHH, it must be made into a three way.

Guest Ghettoman

Lightning that makes enough sense to make me sick. I think you just predicted the future.

Lightning that makes enough sense to make me sick. I think you just predicted the future.

Which probably means one of two scenarios.

Benoit pins Shawn.

HHH pins Shawn.

Why not Benoit pinning HHH or HHH pinning Benoit? Because that'll have to happen at Backlash as they can build off of it as neither man pinned the other and because a third guy was in the match, and hence they need to go one on one at Backlash.

...shall be interesting.

Shawn isn't pinning either man. He's been put in there as a foil for a storyline. A decently made sense storyline.

Until I hear it become ladder, I'm sticking with the pins, but I'm leaning slightly towards HHH pinning Michaels to set up the fact that Michaels and HHH is over.

As for the predicting the future, it is only because I've gotten into my promoter mode via my own fantasy federation (for a link, it's in my sig) and so I kinda am getting into realizing how things are happening.

What would scare me, is if I was right about the whole Edge scenario. THAT would be freaky and downright make me cry. Not as much as CanadianChick though.

Guest Fook
After last week’s Royal Rumble and RAW – from Philadelphia and Hershey, respectively – led to events that shook the very foundation of RAW, when it comes to you from Penn State University, look for the same on RAW!

Am I the only one who's absolutely sick of this phrase?

I mean, it doesn't even make sense! What does it mean?!?

Guest Ghettoman

Um, the fans were scared at what happened? They are the foundation of any company, and there's a lot of scary things on Raw.

After last week’s Royal Rumble and RAW – from Philadelphia and Hershey, respectively – led to events that shook the very foundation of RAW, when it comes to you from Penn State University, look for the same on RAW!

Am I the only one who's absolutely sick of this phrase?

I mean, it doesn't even make sense! What does it mean?!?

Meh... It's stupid writers trying to sound "cliche".

Except they just sound awful.

Guest Repo Man Reborn
Why not Benoit pinning HHH or HHH pinning Benoit? Because that'll have to happen at Backlash as they can build off of it as neither man pinned the other and because a third guy was in the match, and hence they need to go one on one at Backlash.

The WWE is the only organization that uses it's main event to build foir other smaller events.

It's like the NFL using the Super Bowl to hype the NFC championship game.

Triple H beats Shawn, Benoit is a non-factor. Rinse and repeat.

The WWE is the only organization that uses it's main event to build foir other smaller events.

Triple H beats Shawn, Benoit is a non-factor. Rinse and repeat.

Actually, since Evos supposed to be whom Benoit is supposed to be making look good, it is only natural that I can foresee them getting involved and making Benoit that non-factor (God, is this sentence fucked up, I'm not fixing it).

Which probably means one of two scenarios.

Benoit pins Shawn.

HHH pins Shawn.

...shall be interesting.

Shawn isn't pinning either man. He's been put in there as a foil for a storyline. A decently made sense storyline.

Until I hear it become ladder, I'm sticking with the pins, but I'm leaning slightly towards HHH pinning Michaels to set up the fact that Michaels and HHH is over.

Eh, I disagree with you. I think they're going for something different with this.

Shawn Michaels pins Triple H at WrestleMania.

Since Benoit didn't technically lose at Mania, Bischoff decides to put him against HBK at Backlash.

In front of a crowd of HBK-Hating, Benoit-loving, Canadians - Benoit finally wins the title.

In the month of May, Benoit defends the title on a couple of Raws. Randy Orton (I know, I know) stands up to Benoit and says he's bringing the gold to Evolution. They start a feud over the title. Meanwhile, the feud between HBK and HHH continues, with the both of them arguing over who should get the next title shot. Bischoff finally says that this thing MUST END, so he sets up a HBK/HHH #1 Contender's Match at Bad Blood to finally end the feud. Meanwhile, Hunter gets pissed over Orton seemingly stealing the first PPV title shot from underneath him.

At Bad Blood, HHH beats Michaels. And in the Main Event, Benoit beats Orton. After the Benoit/Orton match, HHH stands on the top of the ramp and looks happy. Is he happy over Benoit winning or Orton losing?

HHH and Benoit feud for two months.

At SummerSlam, they fight with Triple H winning the title back.

The next night, Orton attacks Hunter screaming that he finally wants the title and is bitter over HHH actually being HAPPY that Orton lost at Bad Blood.

HHH/Orton at Unforgiven for the title.

Benoit left off the card.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Not saying this is what I WANT to happen - but I could certainly see it happening. Sure, it's not incredibly creative......but it's WWE realism.

No kidding!

Superstar Chris Benoit will challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania XX. However, the decision is not necessarily a good thing for RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff, who will have to overcome threats of legal action by SmackDown! GM Paul Heyman if Benoit is to compete for a Championship held by a RAW Superstar. Does Bischoff have a plan?

Does BISCHOFF have a plan? You mean they'd rather build the fucking storyline around "legal action" between two GMs than a championship match between two wrestlers?

Seriously, scrap all the belts. WWE doesn't give a fuck about them. The real spots that matter are the GM and announcing positions. People feud over them so much more than those shitty old belts.

Sorry if I sound bitter. Bad day.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Um, the fans were scared at what happened? They are the foundation of any company, and there's a lot of scary things on Raw.

For Example: Lack of Talented and/or over wrestlers. Which is pretty much 80% of the roster.

Guest Repo Man Reborn
Not saying this is what I WANT to happen - but I could certainly see it happening. Sure, it's not incredibly creative......but it's WWE realism.

Just like WWE logic......

WWE Realism: The worst imaginable smart mark's nightmare

Or why not just have Benoit pin Shawn at 'Mania. HHH is pissed and does the "you didn't beat me" spiel. So they have a match at Backlash where Benoit beats HHH, laying rest to that.

OR, they could just do HHH vs Benoit w/ Benoit winning like they should.

Guest wrestlingbs

Let's see, whoare C and C going to face?

Cade and Jindrak?

The Superheroes?

La Resistance?

No! What's the only other tag team on Raw?

The Dudleys!

Guest ManKinnd
Do you think they'll ever explain why Charles Robinson was a referee for Velocity and is now on the Smackdown brand?

Are you serious?

Do you think they'll ever explain why Charles Robinson was a referee for Velocity and is now on the Smackdown brand?

Are you serious?

:lol:

Let's see, whoare C and C going to face?

Cade and Jindrak?

The Superheroes?

La Resistance?

No! What's the only other tag team on Raw?

The Dudleys!

:P Fertig & Tomko...

You can't forget them can you?

For the second consecutive week...I plan to watch Raw.

I genuinely enjoyed last week. The opener was solid, I marked for the first time since Flair's wwe re-debut when Benoit came out, the Foley promo was primo classic, and i laughed my ass off at orton's fuckup and jr's 'what a powerbomb bah gawd!' call for Batista's spinebuster on Jericho.

If the last two events in Pennsylvania involving RAW are a sign of things to come, expect nothing less than the unexpected this week on RAW! After last week’s Royal Rumble and RAW – from Philadelphia and Hershey, respectively – led to events that shook the very foundation of RAW, when it comes to you from Penn State University, look for the same on RAW!

WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN: Well, since there was one good match at the PPV, and a dead crowd on RAW, expect over the top storylines, MAYBE a decent match, and LOTS of ORTON and HHH, all in front of a drunken frat boy crowd. It will shake the very foundation of being a decent fan!

In the ring, Chris Jericho & Christian will team to challenge to be the No. 1 Contenders for the World Tag Team Championship. Who will they meet? Find out on RAW!

WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN:Who cares if the tag team division blows and sucks at the same time? We will tease even more of splitting Jericho/Christian, and will drag it out so long, that you won't care by the time we actually do split them. Oh, and there will be a match somewhere, too.

Also, last week, Mick Foley made a stunning return to defend his honor as Hardcore Legend at the Royal Rumble, and then the next night on RAW he made it clear that he would not tolerate Randy Orton’s repeated claims of cowardice on Foley’s part. After unleashing an assault on Orton, Batista and Ric Flair, it was clear that Foley is back … but exactly what does that mean? Tune into RAW to find out!

WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN: What exactly does this mean? How the Hell should WE know? We do know that you can't and won't get enough of ORTON ORTON ORTON, and we'll do EVERYTHING to get his ass over, no matter how long it takes, or who else is more deserving of taking up so much TV time, with nothing to show for it. Sure he has NO talent, Charisma, or physical abilities. Hey, he's a third generation STAR, he HAS to be the biggest thing since Bret Hart. And he has a nice physique, dammnit.

Oh, and Foley will be there, to ALSO put his worthless ass over...

WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN: So, are we finally going to trade Goldberg for Benoit? Naw, we'll have to include Vince. So, of course there will be plenty of talking, and bitching, be ready for the INTENSITY of another Vince promo! And, maybe sometime we'll throw ol' what's his name out there...Benoit, isn't it?