TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kahran Ramsus

OAO Super Tuesday Thread

Edwards would be a great Vice-Presidential candidate, but I don't see him winning this. He is easily Kerry's biggest contender though. Clark still has a shot. Dean is dead. Lieberman, Kucinich & Sharpton should have dropped out a long time ago.

And I think many of us can start saying "Ding Dong, Dean is dead". I actually wanted him to take the nomination, sadly. Oh well...

Well, that was before Dean started showing his ANGRY~! side in Iowa. And watching Dean's speech right now, he's SO doomed. It's like Patrick Roy getting plastered in the 7th game of the Detroit/Colorado series: It's hilarious, but you have to feel kinda sad that it happened. I just wanted to see how insane he went on Bush during the debates. If Bush can get GORE angry with him and keep his own composure, Dean might throw a chair.

:( Joe was very gracious in defeat going out of his way to give props to the other candidates. A great guy, you can disagree with his positions but you can't help but love him as a person. It's really too bad the Democratic party decided to go in a more liberal and less moderate direction. Perhaps in 2008 things will be different. Well, I guess I won't be voting in the MD primary, and that likely ends my support of a Democratic candidate...

Guest MikeSC
John Edwards wins South Carolina.

One thing needs to be kept in mind:

The Dem primary had their highest turnout ever.

It was roughly 1/3 of the GOP turnout in 2000.

I was glad to see Edwards win (though I voted for Dean personally).

-=Mike

Joe was the most terrifying candiate of them all. His views on the entertainment and video game industry made me want to hit him with a chair.

Kerry looks to have it wrapped up.

THE BORG IS COMING BUSH!

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

I can't believe Dean did so poorly in New Mexico (not that it would've helped him much even if he hadn't, but Jesus). If ever I've seen a campaign coming off the rails, this campaign is that campaign. And the now-expected reaction of a man so deep in denial it'd take ECT to shake him:

"This is all about who gets the most delegates in Boston in July, and it's going to be us!"

Boston? July?! You want to actually WIN something somewhere, anywhere in the country first, Governor?

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood
"This is all about who gets the most delegates in Boston in July, and it's going to be us!"

Boston? July?! You want to actually WIN something somewhere, anywhere in the country first, Governor?

Pardon my ignorance, but this is the first time I'll be voting in a primary. Massachusetts doesn't have theirs until July?

Guest MikeSC
I can't believe Dean did so poorly in New Mexico (not that it would've helped him much even if he hadn't, but Jesus). If ever I've seen a campaign coming off the rails, this campaign is that campaign. And the now-expected reaction of a man so deep in denial it'd take ECT to shake him:

Well, the Dems might want to make a note of this:

As Rush pointed out, the voters in this primaries are absolutely NOT moderates. When the war on terror is LOW on the importance level and hatred of Bush is high, you don't have a moderate group.

-=Mike

Pardon my ignorance, but this is the first time I'll be voting in a primary. Massachusetts doesn't have theirs until July?

MA is on March 2nd along with nine other states. The Democrats' national convention is in July.

...this campaign is that campaign.

gertrude stein line of the week. this just struck me as funny in an "antisocial dorky college kid" way.

about the moderates thing: i spent most nights that week calling SC polls, and all but maybe 2 of the respondents considered themselves "moderate." not that that's any real statistical evidence, so take it for what it's worth.

edwards WILL be on the democratic ticket, i have no doubt. even if he doesn't win, he's the easiest lock for VP in the world: a southern democrat, with more charm than all the other nominees put together. perfect foil for the standoffishness of...well, of everybody else who's running.