TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Tom

Jumping the Gun, re: WWE Folder

Apparently, I misinterpreted what I'd been told and thought that everything was in place regarding the planned changes to the WWE folder. Since I was in a proactive mood last night, I made the posts that many of you saw and some of you repled to. A little while ago, I found out that everything was not in place. It seems I jumped the gun, and that is my bad, which I'll take the heat for. So if you want to give me shit about it, do it here.

So whos dumb idea was it to lock the threads too? Surely the point of Site Feedback is for others to critique an idea.

Personally, I t hink folder mods are a good idea, but the choices seem a little strange. Almost as if thy were picked from a hat.

I propose that we install mods for General Chat and Hardcore Discussion next. Nothing against the mods we have now, but they seem to be around rarely whenever shit happens.

Guest Ghettoman

Was there some problem that couldn't be seen? Sure the WWE forum has it's problems, but those are mostly with smark-like trends and specific posters.

In terms of organization and discussion this forum is the best I've been to, I figure if somethings not broke, don't fix it.

I liked most of the rules you set except for the one thread for news. That is an awful idea and hopefully you forget it.

I liked most of the rules you set except for the one thread for news. That is an awful idea and hopefully you forget it.

It'd work if someone was in charge of it and could add to the first post every time new news was added. Otherwise it's gonna be even harder to find news.

The news/rumors posts aren't the problem on the page. It's all the copy cat threads. Someone starts a Who's the least over thread then someone plays off that and makes a Who's the most over then Who's over but not getting pushed then Who's not over but should be pushed and all those threads become Fuck Randy Orton!

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I like how most of it came from me, but I didn't get a single credit for it.

I like how Nevermortal grouped me in the same class as Besus in the "A New Era Begins" thread. Apparently, we're both "luminaries", which is truly quite an honor.

As for the rules, I have to agree with Fear Havoc. None of them bother me except for the designated daily news thread. It's best to keep the important news items in different threads so people can comment on them clearly. You put them all in one thread and everyone's comments are going to be all jumbled, making it an unpleasant mess to read. Personally,I feel the folder works right now with the news items being separate. The only thing that needs to be done is if there are multiple threads on a particular news item, delete the extra threads, making sure there is only one. This is where the extra mods would become useful.

Again, I don't mind the new rules except for the designated news idea. I really hope that particular thought will be taken off the list.

The two problems with the WWE folder is:

1- that half of the threads should be in general wrestling. All the who was the most over, who is the best, why Benoit rules/doesn't rule.

2- too many damn threads of the same shit. On a good monday night, three or four threads on RAW. PPV have on avrage of 4 or 5. Any news item has four or 5 people posting it. And worse of all SD spoiler threads being about anything but spoilers. So you end up having like 3 of them cause everyone is sick of wading through the bullshit.

I apologize folks, I was the one who gave Tom the bad intel last night. Tom, I apologize to you for last night's premature launch for the WWE folder change.

Sorry everyone, my bad.

Guest cosbywasmurdered
1. We will have a daily news thread. Any of the backstage gossip, rumors and other

news items that are released over the course of the day can be posted in this

thread. Any comments on the news would also be made in this thread. The purpose

of this is to avoid multiple threads discussing subjects such as Faarooq going to Pep

Boys or Kevin Nash showing up backstage at Wrestlemania. Also, use some

common sense when starting "OAO wrestler x sucks" threads and be prepared to

back up your opinion.

I think this is an excellent idea...for a board like SKNT.

In fact I've been considering on trying this out at WDI

(where I mod the wrestling folder) but for a forum with as many posters as TSM

I really don't see this working. I get that the idea is to cut down on threads that serve no purpose but instead of eliminating

threads that are about news perhaps it'd be better to cut down on " X worker sucks", "X worker's helddown", etc.

There's going to be so many people posting in this OAONews thread that the news will get buried. and really the problem with

the wrestling folder is the lack of good conversation not how many different threads there are. It'll be a little confusing

to have all the news in one thread. you'll have discussions about 10 different things going on in one thread.

Other than that I like the rules. Loss4words is an excellent choice for mod. Goodear's a good poster as well. and CC is...well I dom't really pay attention to edge fans.

If things work well I might actually start posting in the WWE folder again *Old timers groan at thought of CWM pimping bret hart as god again*

Guest Loss

By all means, we don't want anyone to feel like they're being "forced" into anything. If anyone has any feedback, he or she is more than welcome to share it, which I see a lot of you are doing.

The one rule that seems to be getting the most criticism is the daily news thread. If we can work out a compromise that most can agree on, we can proceed from there. The point is to cut down on a lot of the posts that aren't really saying anything. If there are less one-line posts in the daily news threads, it will be much easier to find the news for those of you who are concerned about having to scroll through countless pages just to find out what's going on.

Perhaps the compromise that can be worked out is that the copycat threads, as previously mentioned, and the excessive number of repeated topics can be handled on a case-by-case basis. But considering that the only really busy news days are Tuesdays and PPV weekends, the proposed rule wouldn't present as much of a problem as many of you think, simply because we have another rule trying to limit the number of one-liners.

Maybe we'll give this some time and follow the board patterns and see what the best steps to take would be. I don't think these rules should actually officially go into effect until we've gotten input from those who post regularly in the forum.

WWE.com stories, interviews and such are fine in their own threads. The problem lies when there are multiple threads discussing things like the way Benoit is being handled on RAW when all of that could take place in one discussion instead of how many ever are currently taking place.

Those who were asked to be mods were asked because the goal is to "balance the ticket", as is often said in politics. Goodear is the most level-headed poster in the WWE folder. I've never seen him react to anything with anger and he is capable of looking at both sides of practically everything. Canadian Chick contributes a lot to the folder, and is also capable of looking at the big picture. She's not intimidating or elitist, which I sometimes give the vibe of being whether or not it's intentional. Then, there's Sass, who has a wealth of knowledge that he is never hesitant to explain in detail, as he has proven many times.

Bottom line, as Dames mentioned, what's written here is far from etched in stone, so please continue with the feedback here in this thread or PM me if you like.

Here is an idea off the top of my head. Spilt the WWE folder into two folders.

1 - News, Interviews, recaps, OAO RAW threads, and the like.

2- WWE general chat. Where all the opinions on wrestlers and all poll like questions go.

It would split all the shit up. So all the problems people have with the folder are adressed rather quickly. But some of the rules will still work for both folders. And to add it up, add the wrestling polls folder since it was built to kind of wade this problem.

Guest Loss

You are right. In the original thread in Hardcore Discussion, Zsasz was the one who suggested that changes be made in the WWE folder and volunteered his services to help make those changes.

It wasn't anyone's intent to steal your thunder or not credit you, so if you were offended, please accept an apology from the mods.

1 - News, Interviews, recaps, OAO RAW threads, and the like

This is pretty much what the WWE folder actually IS.

2- WWE general chat. Where all the opinions on wrestlers and all poll like questions go.

Well. technically, I think this is what the General Wrestling folder should actually be. Except people prefer not to use it because they're less likely to get the volume of responses that they would get in the WWE folder. If the General Wrestling folder was promoted more, there would certainly be less nonsense threads in the WWE Folder.

My not move the General Wrestling folder to the top? then split WWE into the normal functional folder but a second or maybe just a sub folder with OAO: Fuck Orton and OAO:HHH is holding down...... type threads

Guest Askewniverse
The one rule that seems to be getting the most criticism is the daily news thread. If we can work out a compromise that most can agree on, we can proceed from there. The point is to cut down on a lot of the posts that aren't really saying anything. If there are less one-line posts in the daily news threads, it will be much easier to find the news for those of you who are concerned about having to scroll through countless pages just to find out what's going on.

Perhaps the compromise that can be worked out is that the copycat threads, as previously mentioned, and the excessive number of repeated topics can be handled on a case-by-case basis. But considering that the only really busy news days are Tuesdays and PPV weekends, the proposed rule wouldn't present as much of a problem as many of you think, simply because we have another rule trying to limit the number of one-liners.

Is there a way to merge threads? If there is, you could cut down some of the excess baggage without instituting a daily news thread.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

While You did suggest there be changes made lately. People have been begging for most of these changes for almost a year and a half now.

Alot of these rules have been suggested before

Is there a way to merge threads? If there is, you could cut down some of the excess baggage without instituting a daily news thread.

I admin a few invision boards and it is definitely possible to merge topics. Its just a pain though, people shouldn't need telling.

Personally, I find the changes a welcome. Some of them, like the OAO News Thread A Day needs to be a little bit better thought out. I can't really add any advice to that would be of any use, but having a News Thread A Day would NEVER work. Just because someone with insta news would HAVE to post up a thread about it.

It'll take a period of time to adjust. You can't just go "these are the new rules, these are the suspensions if not followed" directly on day one. Because we are so admantly set in the old ways. There should be at least a period of forgiveness for at least maybe a week or so.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

While You did suggest there be changes made lately. People have been begging for most of these changes for almost a year and a half now.

Alot of these rules have been suggested before

Yes, but my suggestion was the one that directly led to these changes being made.

I appreciate the apology by Loss and Sass, they're two really great guys. I just wish Sass would post more in the WWE Folder here.

Guest hunger4unger

There is nothing wrong with the current set up.

Compiling everything into one thread (and having one person dictate the subjects) won't work.

We will end up with one long complicated thread.

Things are fine as they are.

I appreciate the apology by Loss and Sass, they're two really great guys. I just wish Sass would post more in the WWE Folder here.

Once things settle down and everything is in place, I'll start to post more in the folder.

Guest FrigidSoul

DrTom and Sass suffer from "Premature Moderating" thus their forums are never pleased hehehe