TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The WWE Folder

As for those wanting to know what people actually say about the folder, I'll be blunt, but the general opinion I've gathered is that you have a folder full of people who blindly bash everything WWE does because it's something that's criticized by Dave Meltzer or Scott Keith, and that you're left with a group of posters who are unable to think for themselves.

Not true.

There's a severe lack of knowledge of wrestling history and too many short posts with nothing of substance.

Semi-true.

They are unwilling to give new angles and new storylines a chance to develop and constantly come up with the stupidest conspiracy theories.

And 99% of the time, we're so right.

On the other side, you have the diehard apologists who will defend everything WWE does until the death that fail to see any flaws in the product at any time, and use "you're just a bitter smark" to solve all of their arguments.

Semi-true. I would direct the apologists remark (who I now call Spin-Doctors :) ) more towards PPVs and how they can't seemingly get a bad one - despite it being more-than-likely a bad one.

There are few posters who do step in and make good points, even some who post regularly and make great points, but they are ignored or not grasped by the majority of the other people in the threads.

And that can be said of just about every board on the net.

There are also too many post whores who have nothing to say who won't shut up and that the folder stays too busy, despite there being maybe 5-10 posts of substance on a day that probably has thousands of posts.

True.

The perception is that a new thread is started anytime even an inkling of a rumor is going around and that those things aren't always worth discussing, yet they always get discussed.

Nothing wrong with that; infact, we're better for it. What some people can't understand is that we're debating the concept of it, not whether it will happen or not.

Discussions turn into flaming too often, and the same topics are discussed ad nauseum.

I agree with the ad nauseum, the flaming thing isn't that true.

So what we have here is some truths and misconceptions. Saying this board blindly follows Meltzer and Keith is ridiculous. Saying all we do is hate the WWE or all we do is blindly follow the WWE doesn't really make sense; which are we? And is it wrong to be "balanced"?? We do have too many people throwing in worthless posts and too many similar topics get started BUT with a board this big with so many people that's inevitable; but it can be fixed which is why I am for the rules, but the reasoning that "other boards say bad things about us!" is pure crap. I still like to know who says it.

I still can't believe that I agree with Anglesalt and RRR 100%.

I'm shocked.

The only "problems", if you want to call it that, that I see are the one word replies and the responses where people go "he sucks", and refuses to explain why.

To be honest, now that I've thought about it and have checked out other boards, I really don't think anything is wrong with the WWE folder now, not to the extent that these mods are making it out to be. Each board has sheep, each board has morons, each board has people who try to stay positive, each board have those who don't trust WWE (with good reason), and each board blah blah blah.

Guest Loss
If you are putting an end to, what many call, the "fun threads", then you are banning that humor and it will tick quite a few people off. It isn't like those very few threads that pop up from time to time hurt anything at all.

I have yet to stop a "fun thread". In fact, I was one who strongly supported continuing the OAO RAW thread, despite the feelings of most that it should be in a chatroom instead of on a message board. So I don't understand your point.

Oh, so now since I am sitting here trying to help, since all of you aren't even on the same page as of yet seeing how the rules aren't even decided on, I'm the one who is slowing things down by taking away your time?

This is a work in progress. The rules are binding right now, and they will continue to change as the board continues to change and we continue to get feedback. Speaking out and making suggestions is something I hope to see in the long haul, not just in the first few weeks.

And, to explain what I was trying to say, I have four hours of time per day I can devote to this board. That's a lot of time. It's 28 hours a week, which is a high-end part time job. I find that I don't even have time to read most of the posts in the WWE folder right now (when my goal is to read all of them) because I'm spending more time in here than I am there. That said, I probably said that unfairly to you and I apologize. I anticipate that once things really get going, I'll be able to devote more time to that folder and we'll be in here less.

To blame you or imply that your suggestions are not wanted was wrong, and I'm sorry. I'm glad you're being so vocal, and I hope you continue to do so.

If you don't have time to respond to those of us who ask questions, those of us who care, then you might as well not be a mod. I haven't put down everything you have done, just these little details, that really matter a great deal. If someone doesn't point them out, then it will eventually get out of hand. All I want is for you to listen, make the rules actually solid and set them in stone, but do so in a way where you don't make the posters that are already here, feel unwelcomed any longer.

Noted.

That explains nothing at all. If the thread is there, people could see it and believe it. Since it's nothing more than a flat out lie and old news from years ago, why didn't you just delete it to dispose of it, to clear up the board?

Because I didn't want it coming up again. If some newbie drops in here and posts "d00d i heard bret's comin back, r0xx0rs", then we've repeated ourselves. Keeping the thread visible shows that we acknowledged the original rumor and the retraction instead of pretending it never happened.

I'm not going to say everything that I've said before, I'm sure you read it if you care about what I have to say.

I did and I do.

But that topic...come on now. There wasn't anything in it, at all, that would even SUGGEST that it should have been closed. Sure, it wasn't talking about Eddy anymore, but the conversation (as I say), evolved into another situation, which began by comparing the two. In no way was it some sort of huge mess of "Orton hate" or "smark vs. anti-smark" bullshit.

Many others saw it differently, myself included.

"orton=fire him" was the beginning of the end.

As for the quote thing, well, I wasn't aware that we even had a rule on that.

We don't. I expect posters in the WWE folder to show some common sense and not let it get that far. I try not to insult anyone's intelligence by spelling out every little nook and cranny of How To Post On A Message Board. I was surprised it got that far quite honestly.

Like I said, if you closed THAT thread, then you might as well just go down through the board and close every other topic, seeing how almost all of the conversations evolve from the original topic. Nothing at all wrong with that.

When there's no middle ground, a new thread needs to be started. No one was "comparing", people just started talking about something else.

But the issue is that we didn't even HAVE any of that stuff going on like Dam said. You ended the thread in the middle of a simple conversation, one where people were actually making good points, and not fighting.

Because it had nothing to do with Eddy Guerrero.

So what rules have you in place combat such as that? The thread you closed was a bunch of people actually having a smart discussion about something, not blind sheep.

It was two discussions in one thread. I even said to start a new thread to discuss the Jindrak/Orton prank. I would have probably merged it with an old topic if someone did. Again, no one was comparing the two incidents. They were just both mentioned.

So what, do you want people do past a "wrestling history" test before they are allowed to post in the folder?

If I thought I could get away with it, you bet your ass, but I know better than that and such an idea would be stupid at this time.

I agree with the short posts thing, but all that needs to be done about something like that is to just tell people to not make one word replies, that isn't very hard to stop at all. It's basicly just the spam rule.

Noted.

What exactly is wrong with that?

EVERYTHING is wrong with that.

I don't think anyone cares about that sort of thing as long as they present what they believe with something other than "OMG WWE SUCKS IT'S GOING TO DIE, FUCK WWE~!". There is nothing at all wrong with people believing what they want though, you just need to stop the flaming.

There is nothing wrong with anyone believing whatever they choose to believe. It's how they choose to argue it. Arguing that Eddy Guerrero has a right to yell at fans because Randy Orton once played a prank on them is a bad argument, I'm sorry.

See my above reply. This is getting out of hand, it's like you guys want to limit what people believe and think when you say stuff like this. What people believe isn't the problem, you just need to stop the flaming and bull like that.

No, it's not a case of limiting what people believe, but rather encouraging them to use their brains when they make their points. Nothing wrong with that. You can think WWE should resign Lex Luger to teach ballet lessons to the wrestlers for all I care, as long as you can back it up with logical explanation.

I look on the bright side of things, but I back up what I believe. On the other end of things, RRR doesn't think too highly of certain things, but he also always backs up what he says. You just need to do away with the guys who do NOT do that, the guys who ONLY say what you just said, ""you're just a bitter smark", and crap like that.

With time, that will happen.

I see great points made by people all of time, you are making it sound like all of us who post on that board are total morons for the most part.

I'm telling you how it's perceived. Right or wrong, that's the perception.

Points will be made at times, and will not be noticed, that's how things are.

True.

Now this is insanely laughable. So you are saying that for every thousands of posts, only 5-10 of them have any substance at all?

Yes.

Do you even read some of the conversations that go on in there?

Yes. For the most part.

Who exactly are the "post whores"?

Everyone has a clean slate, just as you suggested. I'm not about to name names.

It's just all about doing away with the flaming, that's the key. Just by doing that one thing would be a great help.

Agreed.

On my God, please...no. Don't tell me that a thread is started, and it's *gasp*, discussed! What is the WWE folder coming to?

It's not that, it's that you think EVERYTHING is worth a thread. Some things are just not that important, like Ernest Miller having locker room heat. Who the hell cares?

Who are you to determine what is "worth discussing" and what isn't?

I'm telling you perceptions. Rumors, unless they're Observer/Torch/1Bob rumors, are not worth discussing.

Sure, threads like "Orton SUXORSomg~!!!!" shouldn't be there, and should be deleted as soon as a mod sees it, but everything else...what's wrong with it? I just looked up and down the the WWE board and I didn't see a single topic that shouldn't be there, other than the Bret Hart topic. Would you mind pointing out topics that aren't worth discussing?

As they happen, I'll be glad to. The folder looks pretty good at the moment.

Isn't that the point of this entire place?

"Disco!" - Uma Thurman, Pulp Fiction

So because some idiots start flaming people, we should just stop discussions because they lead to flaming? I don't think so. Just make it known, loud and clear, that you will NOT tolerate flaming in ANY folder other than HD, and just put your foot down. I don't see why you should limit what in the world we decide to talk about though, just because certain things lead to flaming.

You don't get it. I'm not limiting what you can talk about. I'm limiting *the way* you can talk about certain things. That's what a mod does. I'm just tired of this board getting made fun of, because it's the offspring of the original Smarks EZBoard, which was great. It's been going downhill for a long time.

A topic like "Benoit isn't over enough to be champion" is a valid topic of discussion, and just because some morons will flame someone else over it isn't an exucse to keep that topic off of the table. You need to focus on the idiots who do these things instead in my opinion.

Plan on it.

Well thank you for taking the time to respond to everything, I'm sure all of us appriciate it. I don't agree with most of what you said, but I do appriciate you giving your side of the issue in more depth.

Why don't the mods of the WWE folder make a list of all of the posters who have a history of flaming other posters, causing trouble, and the such, and work from that?

Because we have a clean slate, as you suggested.

Perhaps make a post asking everyone to give names of people who do so, and write them all down. Say that you are going to start the WWE folder totally fresh, and everyone has a clean record. Then keep a special eye on everyone on your list for a while, since there are specific people that usually start the flaming wars.

You're contradicting yourself. A clean slate means the past is forgotten.

You can spot who the moron is instantly in any of the threads where the crap goes on, we need to deal with those people instead of coming up with a big list of brand new rules.

We don't want to ban people. I hope to never have to do so. The goal is to educate people, and get them thinking before they're posting.

Guest Loss
And is it wrong to be "balanced"??

Two harsh opposites do not create balance. Balance would be more posters who can see both the good and the bad in the product, and the praise is as strong as the criticism and vice versa. Very few meet that description.

People who have said these things:

WDI board (since the beginning)

SNKT

Air Raid Crash

Other folders on this board

Quite a few, actually.

I have yet to stop a "fun thread". In fact, I was one who strongly supported continuing the OAO RAW thread, despite the feelings of most that it should be in a chatroom instead of on a message board. So I don't understand your point.

But the mods have said that the goal is to stop them. You haven't done so YET, simply because one of those sort of threads hasn't come up yet. If you actually take up for closing the thread that you did close, then I have no doubt in my mind that you'll do the same to one of the others that eventually come up.

This is a work in progress. The rules are binding right now, and they will continue to change as the board continues to change and we continue to get feedback. Speaking out and making suggestions is something I hope to see in the long haul, not just in the first few weeks.

You basicly said I was wasting your time, it doesn't sound to me like you want me to continue doing this. If you are sorry for saying that, then I accept, and thank you for being man enough to do so. I was hoping you didn't really mean it, lol.

Because I didn't want it coming up again. If some newbie drops in here and posts "d00d i heard bret's comin back, r0xx0rs", then we've repeated ourselves. Keeping the thread visible shows that we acknowledged the original rumor and the retraction instead of pretending it never happened.

I higly doubt anyone else is going to mention it by now, I still look at it as possibly getting others to believe it since it's still on the board, and still taking up room, but whatever. I just don't think a board looks very good when you have closed threads listed, I've always looked at that as just "trash" taking up space, not just here, but anywhere.

Many others saw it differently, myself included.

"orton=fire him" was the beginning of the end.

I'm so glad you just said that. What should be done in instances like that is to warn that ONE person personally through PM or something, not close down the entire thread because of one jackass. That is the absolutely only thing in the entire thread that was even CLOSE to being warnable or anything, everything else was an actual conversation, and a good one at that.

We don't. I expect posters in the WWE folder to show some common sense and not let it get that far. I try not to insult anyone's intelligence by spelling out every little nook and cranny of How To Post On A Message Board. I was surprised it got that far quite honestly.

That happens in threads all over the board, and it's never been a problem before. When it goes far the normal posters usually just go "hey dude, stop quoting so much". What you saw there...it was NOTHING compared to how it can be sometimes, and like I said, it's never been a problem before.

When there's no middle ground, a new thread needs to be started. No one was "comparing", people just started talking about something else.

The conversation "evolved", it happens in just about every thread, it happens every day in real life, that's how things work. You can't expect everyone to keep EVERY single thread to ONLY talk about what was brought up in the original post, that's just insane. I'm serious, you should just lock all of the threads if this is your stance. It most certainly was comparing the two, that's why people started talking about it in the first place.

Because it had nothing to do with Eddy Guerrero.

See above. You can't just go and close down topics, conversations, because the topic involved, that's just a type of censorship at it's best. What do you want exactly? Conversation evolves, it's how it works, and it's like that not only in the WWE folder, not only at TSM, not only on other boards, not only on the internet, but EVERYWHERE. You go where the conversation takes you (as long as it doesn't become a flame war).

It was two discussions in one thread. I even said to start a new thread to discuss the Jindrak/Orton prank. I would have probably merged it with an old topic if someone did. Again, no one was comparing the two incidents. They were just both mentioned.

Just read the above again and again and again.

If I thought I could get away with it, you bet your ass, but I know better than that and such an idea would be stupid at this time.

No, the idea is just stupid period. Some people just started watching wrestling, some just started watching it in the past year, the past two years, the past two years, the past five years. Not everyone has been watching it as long as myself and many others here, you can't expect everyone to know so much about history as many of us here do.

When a new fan posts something which makes it obvious that they don't know what they are talking about or they just aren't familier with the past, it's the job of all of us who DO know what the truth is, etc... to let them know by discussing it with them. That's how I look at it.

EVERYTHING is wrong with that.

I'm not sure which part you are talking about with that one.

There is nothing wrong with anyone believing whatever they choose to believe. It's how they choose to argue it. Arguing that Eddy Guerrero has a right to yell at fans because Randy Orton once played a prank on them is a bad argument, I'm sorry.

Bad argument or not, who cares? Let people believe whatever they believe, and let everyone else sort everything else and to counter it. As long as they aren't flaming (and they most certainly were not), then what's the big deal? People believe what they believe, that's perfectly fine, however stupid it might be at times, heh.

No, it's not a case of limiting what people believe, but rather encouraging them to use their brains when they make their points. Nothing wrong with that. You can think WWE should resign Lex Luger to teach ballet lessons to the wrestlers for all I care, as long as you can back it up with logical explanation.

That isn't what you said before, you should've made that clear. You are coming off like people can't actually express their opinions on certain things. EVERY opinion should be able to be expressed, no matter how insane, as long as they don't flame it up for whatever reason.

I'm telling you how it's perceived. Right or wrong, that's the perception.

Very well, you are wrong then, lol. This isn't as big of a deal as you all are making it out to be, you have a good bunch of people that post here for the most part, this is a great place to spend time on the net.

Yes.

Then my God, are you blind. You are acting like almost every single post that is EVER made in the WWE folder is nothing but trash and should be deleted or the people just shouldn't post. That is an insane posistion, and I hope you don't seriously believe that. You aren't going to get some sort of major in depth discussion every single time out, the MAIN point about this place is to have fun and to talk about wrestling, this isn't school.

Yes. For the most part.

No way that is true if you actually believe that only 5 posts a day are worth anything at all. Either you are lying, or you simply have your expectations set way too f'n high.

It's not that, it's that you think EVERYTHING is worth a thread. Some things are just not that important, like Ernest Miller having locker room heat. Who the hell cares?

Who the hell cares? Well how about the guys who make the topics, and the guys who respond and talk about it over and over and over again. People should be allowed to talk about whatever the hell they want, as long as it's on topic. The mods should dictate what can and can not be talked about as long as it's about WWE and it's not a flame.

I'm telling you perceptions. Rumors, unless they're Observer/Torch/1Bob rumors, are not worth discussing.

That's your opinion, your personal opinion shouldn't get in the way of what other people want to talk about as long as it's not against the rules. "OMG ORTON SUCKS WHO AGREES" shouldn't be a thread, but "I really don't think Orton will ever make it big." is just fine to me. Everything having to do with WWE, rumor/perception/whatever the hell you want to call it should and has ALWAYS been fair game to be discussed.

It's the...you know...the point of a message board. Keep the flames out, and there isn't a thing wrong with it.

As they happen, I'll be glad to. The folder looks pretty good at the moment.

So you can't even name a thread that shouldn't be there? I thought there was a huge problem with the WWE folder. The only thing that's locked and has been dealt with (besides the Bret thread), is one that shouldn't have been locked in the first place. It doesn't sound like there's that big of a problem to me.

You don't get it. I'm not limiting what you can talk about. I'm limiting *the way* you can talk about certain things. That's what a mod does. I'm just tired of this board getting made fun of, because it's the offspring of the original Smarks EZBoard, which was great. It's been going downhill for a long time.

You most certainly are limiting what we can and can not talk about. You just said that certain things, in your opinion, aren't worth discussing. That's your opinion, not a rule or anything. A mod doesn't do stuff like that, they just make sure things are on topic and in order, that's basicly what a mod does. I want to know who makes fun of it also, seeing how this place is one of the best boards out there period, not just wrestling related.

To be quite honest, I've heard more widespread "making fun" of this board since the staff here all of a sudden decided to change things with new "rules" and the such than I EVER heard before all of this started. It's laughable to many people now actually.

You're contradicting yourself. A clean slate means the past is forgotten.

Trust me, I'm not contradicting myself at all. Let me explain what I meant by that. You see, over the past few years there are those who never cause trouble, are good posters, and all of the like. On the other hand, you have people who are known for starting shit, known for being an out right moron, and the rest of all of that, you get the idea. By clean slate I simply mean that you should keep things going as they have been, make it so that any warnings we had in the past are void (other than bans, those stay), but at the same time, keep a "special" eye on the known troublemakers. Focus more on those who have a history of stupidity, rather than on the "good" posters, if that makes sense.

Yes, allow everyone a clean slate, but keep your eyes open and on those who you KNOW have caused trouble in the past.

We don't want to ban people. I hope to never have to do so. The goal is to educate people, and get them thinking before they're posting.

Your goal as a mod shouldn't be to educate people about wrestling (if that's what you are talking about). You should do so as a posters, just as everyone else will do. We all learn stuff here, we all learn. You can't get all insane and start thinking that every topic should be this big thought provoking wrestling chat.

I mean, it's wrestling afterall, it's just entertainment not some sort of political college class or something. The goal is to just talk about wrestling and what happens, any aspect of it that we want, and to do so without being a total moron in terms of resorting to flat out flaming and all of that crap.

Educated threads will happen, they DO happen, but all of us having fun happens as well.

Guest FrigidSoul

I would just like to know why people are going out of their way to impress other boards via changes. I mean Dames isn't running for Board Emperor last I checked so he doesn't need to impress people. I say fuck what other boards have to say, only thing that should matter is the people who are members here.

Guest OnlyMe

My personal problem with thread hijacks is not the "evolution" of conversation (as one person above put it), but the irrelevant comments. People who feel the need to bring Randy Orton into the conversation when there's only a tenuous at-best link to the topic. This always cues a multi-page discussion of Randy Orton, or Triple H or whatever. These topics have been rehashed to death, and there's no need to bring them up in an unrelated discussion.

"Ah!" you say, "but what about when we talk about Chris Benoit's (lack of?) reaction, and want to compare it to Randy Orton? What then, eh?" Simple. Bring him up, but only in the context of "but Benoit gets a much bigger pop than Randy Orton." It gets your point across, remains on-topic and all that jazz. What we see far too often is, "Randy Orton hardly gets any pop and he's been pushed for a year, and he's beaten HBK." Excessiveness that adds nothing to the discussion.

Second, re Loss4Words being able to close threads on a whim. Good, he should be able to. For every list of rules, there's always some idiot who manages to find a loophole and try to exploit it. This gives Loss the freedom to get rid of the idiots. You might think that this means he can do what he wants, when he wants (and it will be the very worst day of your life), but do you think these things will go unchecked? If he, or any other mod makes a bad decision, then call them on it. Make them justify their decisions.

Nik

Guest Goodear

Fun fun silly willy. Personally, I really don't give a damn what SNK and Air Raid Crash and whatever have to say about the WWE board. What I do give a damn about is getting a forum together where most topics are rational and stay on topic without 100 posts that say nothing. That's all I ask.

I'm not going to say everything that I've said before, I'm sure you read it if you care about what I have to say. But that topic...come on now. There wasn't anything in it, at all, that would even SUGGEST that it should have been closed.

Personally, I think it was pretty close when people started talking about Eddie being back on drugs again because he reportedly yelled at one guy. To be frank, I would have deleted the first post myself if I had that sort of ability since the whole thing was based on a second hand account of a incident with no verification. The guy might as well have posted 'Billy Gunn shot my dog'.

So what rules have you in place combat such as that? The thread you closed was a bunch of people actually having a smart discussion about something, not blind sheep.

When people are trying to point out that Randy and Jindrak got into a real fight and tried to cover it up afterwards and that police should have something better to do... blah blah blah... its wildly off topic from the topic that was extremely weak to begin with.

When people are trying to point out that Randy and Jindrak got into a real fight and tried to cover it up afterwards and that police should have something better to do... blah blah blah... its wildly off topic from the topic that was extremely weak to begin with.

So people can't express their opinion on something like that? I don't see what the big deal was, all everyone was doing was talking about the possibility of Eddy doing something, have it be true or not. It was a valid discussion going on, and it was a pretty good one at that. To lock one thread like this, and not any number of the other ones, just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Again, what exactly is wrong with the topic changing it's tune? It happens on every other board, at every other message board, and in every aspect of life. The WWE folder isn't some sort of strict ass school or something, it's where people just talking about wrestling. Don't turn it into some sort of tightassed forum where you have to actually watch whatever it is that you say not, in fear that you might guide the conversation into a different dirrection

The only deal with the WWE folder is the flames/one word posts that take place here and there, that's the only thing that I see even close to being wrong with it.

Guest Goodear

EDIT: I just saw a thread where Goodear addressed Besus's flame-baiting presence and I found it to be a sort of 'non-threatening warning' which Besus no-sold since nothing was... you know... actually done about it. If we're going to have three new mods they need to shit or get off the pot. Take some action.

It was my first day and I decided to make a point regarding people actually taking flame bait since it is a major reason that topics get dragged away into the nether reaches. I also wanted to make the point that loving Triple H is not a flamebait in of itself regardless of the prevailing opinion. Plus, at the time, suspension was not an option I knew about and I felt that an outright request for a ban wasn't suitable.

WDI board (since the beginning)

SNKT

Other folders on this board

You can lump these all together as they have the same people saying the same things. These are former TSM posters (or current TSM posters). I won't go far in commenting as I like SNKT and the majority of the posters there; I will, however, say that I don't put too much stock in what they say about the WWE Folder.

Airraidcrash

This is predominantly aimed at the Puro folder... and they generally hate everyone. Godblessum.

Two harsh opposites do not create balance. Balance would be more posters who can see both the good and the bad in the product, and the praise is as strong as the criticism and vice versa. Very few meet that description.

Sure it does, you just happen to have one group of people strongly praising and another group strongly criticising. If you had everyone open minded then it wouldn't be that interesting.

Guest Goodear

So people can't express their opinion on something like that? I don't see what the big deal was, all everyone was doing was talking about the possibility of Eddy doing something, have it be true or not. It was a valid discussion going on, and it was a pretty good one at that. To lock one thread like this, and not any number of the other ones, just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Because you might very well be discussing something that isn't true or accurate. You might as well discuss why George Bush eats babies. What do you mean he doesn't eat babies? It's possible! I would much rather have the folder discuss things that are true or at least reported by a reputable news site then the idea that so-and-so is a big jerk because he might not have signed something for your third cousin. Evidentally, Brock Lesner has gotten a 'rep' for being a jerk from all these rumors despite any actual evidence and I am extremely wary of the same thing happening to anyone else because someone here repeated the same thing over and over again until it became 'true'.

Again, what exactly is wrong with the topic changing it's tune?

Because all topics seem to funnel into the same tune time and again. We are not turning the WWE folder into the Randy Orton folder despite what it looks like and taking a thread about Eddie... transmuting it to Orton ... and following the same course that has been followed a million times. I don't want there to be this huge overwhelming topic in the WWE folder that covers every other post in the place. It promotes group think and then counter group think.

Jesus man, how can one man talk this much? Downhome face it, it was a very crappy and stupid thread. Bottom line. The thread has no real connection to being facts. And Randy Orton talk is just done to death. Let it go man, let it go. It was a crappy thread, let it go.

ARC is a good board (some excellent match reviews and thoughts) but has the distinction of having its most popular thread being related to "dumb quotes". Some of which come from this board.

"Rumors, unless they're Observer/Torch/1Bob rumors, are not worth discussing."

Disagreed 100%. Rumours have underlying, fundamental, concepts attached to it that can pertain to anything WWE-related. As for "everything getting a topic" that's what I LIKE about this board; everything is covered. If you care about it or want to throw your 2 cents in, you can. If you don't, you can ignore it.

Because you might very well be discussing something that isn't true or accurate. You might as well discuss why George Bush eats babies. What do you mean he doesn't eat babies? It's possible! I would much rather have the folder discuss things that are true or at least reported by a reputable news site then the idea that so-and-so is a big jerk because he might not have signed something for your third cousin. Evidentally, Brock Lesner has gotten a 'rep' for being a jerk from all these rumors despite any actual evidence and I am extremely wary of the same thing happening to anyone else because someone here repeated the same thing over and over again until it became 'true'.

Ok, so we can only talk about 100% confirmed happenings then? There you go, limiting what in the world that we can say.

Are you going to ban us from posting "rumors" that come from Torch/1wrestling/Meltzer and all of the rest now, seeing how they are wrong every now and then also?

The Eddy thread wasn't so much talking about that one incident, it was a topic discussing incidents like it, where wrestlers get out of line. Not a thing in the world wrong with that. The posters in the thread already made points about it possibly not being true, that's when the topic evolved into a more general conversation about incidents like what was rumored. Again, nothing wrong with such as that.

Because all topics seem to funnel into the same tune time and again.  We are not turning the WWE folder into the Randy Orton folder despite what it looks like and taking a thread about Eddie... transmuting it to Orton ... and following the same course that has been followed a million times.  I don't want there to be this huge overwhelming topic in the WWE folder that covers every other post in the place.  It promotes group think and then counter group think.

Once again, you are limiting what we are "allowed" to post about. Go ahead, follow that line, and I promise you that slowly and surely, you'll have much larger problems on your hands to deal with. Like, I dunno, getting people to ever post there period.

What is wrong with talking about whatever we want to, as long as it's not brainless flaming? Can anyone give me an answer to that?

Orton is the hot topic of this current period in WWE history, we'd all be insane not to talk about it so much, have it be in a good or a bad way. He's on a lot of people's mind, he's one of the current certerpieces of WWE TV. It will pass, and it'll move on to the next hot topic, whoever/whatever that might be.

Jesus man, how can one man talk this much? Downhome face it, it was a very crappy and stupid thread. Bottom line. The thread has no real connection to being facts. And Randy Orton talk is just done to death. Let it go man, let it go. It was a crappy thread, let it go.

It wasn't a crappy thread, and there wasn't a single reason why it should have been locked. People were just talking about a certain incident, who cares? I just don't like the idea of threads being shut down for no reason at all.

If that one was locked, then why not any number of any of the other ones that are in the same setup?

Guest OnlyMe
Once again, you are limiting what we are "allowed" to post about. Go ahead, follow that line, and I promise you that slowly and surely, you'll have much larger problems on your hands to deal with. Like, I dunno, getting people to ever post there period.

Go post a thread in the WWE called "fuck all niggers". I bet it won't last. I bet that if you'd done it this time last month, it would be deleted too. You have never been "allowed" to post what you want.

On to a more real point - you must have noticed that a significant percentage of threads fall into discussing Randy Orton / Kevin Nash / HHH / Goldberg. And not in a good way. I don't see the problem with guiding people away from these topics if they aren't strictly relevant.

Go post a thread in the WWE called "fuck all niggers".  I bet it won't last.  I bet that if you'd done it this time last month, it would be deleted too.  You have never been "allowed" to post what you want.

On to a more real point - you must have noticed that a significant percentage of threads fall into discussing Randy Orton / Kevin Nash / HHH / Goldberg.  And not in a good way.  I don't see the problem with guiding people away from these topics if they aren't strictly relevant.

What in the world is your problem all of a sudden and where do you get off saying something as insane as that?

I've said over and over again that I mean people should post whatever they want IN TERMS OF THE WWE, or whatever said folder's topic is as long as it's not a flame, or just something flat out obviously stupid. Of course something stupid like that should be deleted...good God.

I just don't see the big deal in allowing people to talk about whatever the hell they want to, and I don't see why people can't guide the topics in whatever direction that they want to. AS LONG AS, they do not do so by using flames, and by being an outright moron.

It's the beauty of talking about stuff, you never know where it'll take you.

Guest OnlyMe

What in the world is your problem all of a sudden and where do you get off saying something as insane as that?

No problem.

I've said over and over again that I mean people should post whatever they want IN TERMS OF THE WWE, or whatever said folder's topic is as long as it's not a flame, or just something flat out obviously stupid. Of course something stupid like that should be deleted...good God.

So wait, you want to disallow people from posting things that are "stupid" or "flaming"? Just after you criticized the mods for disallowing certain things.

I just don't see the big deal in allowing people to talk about whatever the hell they want to, and I don't see why people can't guide the topics in whatever direction that they want to. AS LONG AS, they do not do so by using flames, and by being an outright moron.

And it's the "outright moron" thing that becomes a problem. You must see how easily threads are de-railled or hijacked into a discussion about something unrelated? If you want to talk about how much Randy Orton sucked on Raw, start a thread. If the discussion in one thread moves towards something else that warrants it's own thread, make one.

There's few things as irritating as seeing a topic that interests me, with a lot of replies, only for a handful to be on-topic, and the rest moving away into some other rubbish.

No problem.

There's few things as irritating as seeing a topic that interests me, with a lot of replies, only for a handful to be on-topic, and the rest moving away into some other rubbish.

If you actually thought I meant someone could post such bullshit in the WWE folder of all places, then you most certainly have a problem.

So wait, you want to disallow people from posting things that are "stupid" or "flaming"?  Just after you criticized the mods for disallowing certain things.

What in the world are you talking about? I didn't criticize anyone for disallowing flaming or flat out stupidity, that's all that I think SHOULD change about the WWE folder.

A topic entitled "I don't think Benoit will ever be over." is perfectly fine, as is something like "Randy Orton simply doesn't deserve this push.", both can lead to very nice conversation as long as you keep the flames out.

By saying "stupid" topics, I mean the perfectly obvious bullshit that everyone else would deem as stupid. I don't even think something like that NEEDS an example, anyone with common sense knows what is truly a stupid thread.

And it's the "outright moron" thing that becomes a problem.  You must see how easily threads are de-railled or hijacked into a discussion about something unrelated?  If you want to talk about how much Randy Orton sucked on Raw, start a thread.  If the discussion in one thread moves towards something else that warrants it's own thread, make one.

Why make a million threads when a single one is perfectly fine? It's been that way forever, it should still be that way. Just deal with the morons personally, don't punish everyone in a thread because of one or two idiots. When the mods get in the way of allowing conversation to go where it will, then THAT'S an actual problem.

This is not a big deal, it's just a bunch of wrestling fans having fun. Everyone is making too big of a deal over the WWE folder being "full of trash". Go look at any wrestling board on the net. This one is by far one of the best ones out there.

Then be the guy who provides some interesting insight that steers the topic of discussion back to the original topic. I've seen threads where the topic went back and forth, and some very thought provoking topics at that. When you post something that provides insight, perhaps other will notice it and start talking about what you just said.

It's a conversation, it's how it works, it goes both ways.

Guest Anglesault
And as for the Eddy thread being closed, it was closed because I was getting PMs complaining about it going off topic .

And by the time you closed it, they were talking about the blow up again.

and the quote/quote/quote/quote/quote/quote/quote nature it was taking was making it impossible to read.

You're kidding me, right?

I mean seriously, the quoting system isn't so damn complex that it warrants a complaint, does it?

Here's a hint.

The newest post is on the bottom. If you want to follow a coversation, start with the post dead in the middle of the boxes and work down.

If you want to just see the latest post, just go to the bottom.

. They are unwilling to give new angles and new storylines a chance to develop and constantly come up with the stupidest conspiracy theories.

Do they mention how often we're right? Like 95 % of the time?

Can you name one angle that we launched a premptive bitch on that turned out well?

Do they mention how often we're right? Like 95 % of the time?

Can you name one angle that we launched a premptive bitch on that turned out well?

I will even admit that as much as I try to remain positive, most of what I have had any hope for at all has ended up blowing up and failing horribly.

You're kidding me, right?

I mean seriously, the quoting system isn't so damn complex that it warrants a complaint, does it?

Here's a hint.

The newest post is on the bottom. If you want to follow a coversation, start with the post dead in the middle of the boxes and work down.

If you want to just see the latest post, just go to the bottom.

Yeah, but there's usually no need to quote the last 5 posts (or however many) when you're just replying to the last post. It's especially not necessary when the post you're replying to you is the one right above yours. It's not hard to just quote 1 post.

This is NIMBY syndrome.

People: "We need more jails!"

Government: "Ok. We'll build them here."

People: "Noooooo! Not here! Not In My Back Yard! We need more jails! Just... not here."

The parallel:

Posters: "We need to do something about the WWE folder."

Staff: "Ok. Here are some changes we think will improve everyone's experiences with the folder."

Posters: "Noooo! We don't want those changes!"

This is a work in progress, folks. We're going to look at things, listen to feedback, and iron out the kinks. But taking up three fucking pages about one worthless thread being closed IS a waste of everyone's time. I don't care if other people are too nice to say it; I'm not and I will. If you have a gripe or a question, feel free to mention it, but there's no need to spend hours and hours going round and round with a staff member who has better things to do than listen to you repeat yourself. If you want to see things happen, then staff members have to actually BE in the WWE folder, not wasting their time listening to people in love with their own words prattle on and on.

It's simple: agree to disagree, and move on with life. Drama queens do not improve things.

Guest FrigidSoul

My question on why we're trying to impress people on other boards who don't even care about this place has still yet to be answered. Its like a random person in Zimbaubway(sp?) finding my name in an international telephone book and saying "He's a faggot for living in the US". I don't know this person so I don't care first off, and I like being here just the way it is and hopefully the President wouldn't change everything to make that one person happy at the expense of making everybody here unhappy in one form or another.

Yeah, but there's usually no need to quote the last 5 posts (or however many) when you're just replying to the last post.

Exactly. I'm glad other people get this. I've seen some multiple-quotes where the original post was about five characters wide because so many other quotes followed it. It's not hard just to click "Add Reply" if you're responding to the post above yours. You can even cut and paste the passage you're replying to and stick it in Quote tags.

Maybe we should just delete any post that multi-quotes like that. Idiocy is what everyone wants us to get rid of, and you can't be much more idiotic than to blindly hit Quote everytime you want to make a reply.