TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
C Dubya 04

Star Wars DVD's

Guest Askewniverse

The Digital Bits has put up the cover art for each DVD.

swepisode4coverdvd.jpgswepisode5coverdvd.jpgswepisode6coverdvd.jpg

Not too bad, in my opinion. My only real complaint is that the platinum motif doesn't match with the gold motif of the Episode I and Episode II covers. Not that it matters though, because it's the actual DVDs that count.

Guest Vitamin X

You know since this seems like an official Star Wars thread, I'm just going to mention today after KOTOR has dominated my Xbox for the past two weeks, that they need to make a movie out of the games. With Kate Beckinsale as Bastila Shan.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Luke's scream in Cloud City? Huh?

When he jumps off the platform after the fight with Vader. It isn't there in the original, and it makes no sense since he let go willingly.

I'd scream my ass off if I was plummeting into what appeared certain death, even if I did let go

You know since this seems like an official Star Wars thread, I'm just going to mention today after KOTOR has dominated my Xbox for the past two weeks, that they need to make a movie out of the games. With Kate Beckinsale as Bastila Shan.

There's lots of stuff in the Expanded Universe they could've made a movie out of. The Thrawn Trilogy, Tales of the Jedi, X-Wing, etc. Too bad it'll never happen...

Guest MikeSC

There's lots of stuff in the Expanded Universe they could've made a movie out of. The Thrawn Trilogy, Tales of the Jedi, X-Wing, etc. Too bad it'll never happen...

What if we threw in Jar Jar AND Ewoks?

Could Lucas POSSIBLY say no to that double team?

-=Mike

What if we threw in Jar Jar AND Ewoks?

Could Lucas POSSIBLY say no to that double team?

-=Mike

Now THAT is positively frightening...

Look fine to me, though my only minor complaint would be Luke posing with the saber on IV, since he could barely handle the thing, plus it had yet to become a major part of his character (as it would in V and VI). I think Obi with the saber would have been better

I wonder if we'll see a "super-duper" box set be released next year, or whenever, with all six of the Star Wars movies released.

Speaking of which, what's the newest word on III?

Well, beyond just the release date, like film progress, rumor mill and the like

Also, when the subtitle will be released... I wonder if they're actually planning this one so that they don't get the collective groan that accompanied the announcement of "Attack of the Clones"

You don't need to know any rumors. It'll be a film with high expectations by most, and almost all of those guys will be pissed off after they see it. :D

I just wish that Lucas wasn't directing it.

I wonder if we'll see a "super-duper" box set be released next year, or whenever, with all six of the Star Wars movies released.

I wouldn't be surprised. Not one bit.

You don't need to know any rumors. It'll be a film with high expectations by most, and almost all of those guys will be pissed off after they see it. :D

I just wish that Lucas wasn't directing it.

About those high expectations, of course most die-hard fans have them. I wouldn't say that the public in general does. Lucas has been quoted way before EpII that this third installment, being as dark as he envisions it, would surely be the least succesful in the box-office, 'cause mostly the SW fans would love it but maybe not general audiences. He predicted just $300 million for EpII and he was right on the money, so who knows.

I was watching that "Access Hollywood" show just yesterday and they reported on the lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin. Both actors were shown rehearsing the fight, which looked pretty cool, although there's nothing much to tell, being just a rehearsal.

Regarding the movie title, Lucas has already gone on record saying that the fans have guessed the title already. I'm sure he's referring to the SW boards, so we can just especulate.

That was one of the rumored titles, along with "Birth of the Empire" and others, but Lucasfilms quickly dismissed them, just saying that fans (likely on the SW boards) have already guessed the Title.

God damn it, well here's another confirmation of the OMGits2004LetsfuckwiththeoriginalfootagenowLOL!!!:

Don't click here if you don't want to be spoiled

God damn you, Lucas! That's fucked up of you to fuck over Sebastian Shaw like that. He's rolling over in his grave right now.

I fear my never-failing weeping at the end of Return of the Jedi will come to a crashing end now. It's just not the same, and even though they are supposed to be parts of the same story, injecting CGI and the prequel characters into the original trilogy feels extremely forced, as if they're totally different works.

I don't think these pics have been posted, but here is the actual DVD artwork. Sorry, but you can't just post the DVDs without the DVD cover too.

starwarsrallothcovpic1.jpg

starwarsrallothcovpic2.jpg

starwarsrallothcovpic3.jpg