TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
C Dubya 04

Star Wars DVD's

i guess im the only one that doesn't have a huge problem with the changes Lucas made or with the newer trilogy...oh well...plus I still have my old tapes if i REALLY need to refer to them that bad...the Star Wars universe in general is cool enough to where I can deal with change...

Thank you BL. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person left who still loves the Star Wars series.

Edited by Grand Slam

We still love it, we just don't want Lucas to start tinkering around with the movies we grew up on.

It'd be akin to going back and digitally putting hair on Hogan, taking out blood every time Flair bladed, and re-shooting George "The Animal" Steele footage with "Eugene's dad".

But Spiff, here's the thing. Sure graphics have changed and yeah, it might be Hayden in place of Sebastian and Greedo shoots first and, I'll agree, Jar-Jar is a little annoying. But to me none of this blunts the impact of the story or the rise, fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker. Personally, until he changes something that changes the essential story of the 6 movies, then I really could care less.

Should the original versions be preserved? Well, sure. That's history. Does it cheese me off to the extent that I had to think about buying the trilogy? Heck no.

We still love it, we just don't want Lucas to start tinkering around with the movies we grew up on.

It'd be akin to going back and digitally putting hair on Hogan, taking out blood every time Flair bladed, and re-shooting George "The Animal" Steele footage with "Eugene's dad".

Survivor Series 97 Special Edition - Bret taps out.

This stuff doesn't make me re-think buying the trilogy's DVD set by any means. I'm just upset that my personal favorite moment of the entire trilogy has been altered, and it's just not the same.

EDIT: In fact, it didn't even become my favorite moment of the trilogy until they re-did it with the new ending music, so that shows that I'm very open to well-done alterations.

Credit for this goes to starwars.com:

Clone Wars Micro-series on DVD -- The Emmy-nominated series one and two of Clone Wars will be coming to DVD from Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox Home Video in spring 2005, around the same time as the debut of the third season of Star Wars: Clone Wars on Cartoon Network.

Ewoks and Droids on DVD -- At the end of 2004, Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox Home Video will release the 1980s Saturday morning animated adventures of Ewoks and Droids, as well as the live-action television movies The Ewok Adventure and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor.

So I guess I was wrong with the Clone Wars DVDs coming out this year. And a third season next year? Hell Yeah!

So I guess I was wrong with the Clone Wars DVDs coming out this year. And a third season next year? Hell Yeah!

Yeah, what he said. Although if you're really impatient, you can probably find DVD bootlegs at a local comicon, or downloads from BitTorrent et al. Not that I would advocate illegal downloading or anything. I'm just saying.

I've never actively liked or disliked the Ewoks.

I re-watched Episodes I and II this week, and that so much more could have been done had Lucas allowed someone else to work with him on the writing and directing irks the hell out of me. Then again, it's an incomplete story thus far. Episode I was much more enjoyable after Episode II came out.