TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kahran Ramsus

The one and only emulation thread

And Flik, you say you had an enlish copy of tactics ogre for the snes? Well that one is news to me...

*goes on the search*

Yes. Don't ask me where I picked it up, I didn't have a certain site I downloaded it from.

Oh, and I'm pissed off because that site I used to go to apparently had a Romancing Saga 3 English Copy...

I'm SO fucking pissed I didn't pick that up. As everyone praises that game as a great one.

I actually had that romancing saga english rom, but it was deleted long ago. Although its not biggie as RS3 is a VERY average RPG.

And Flik, you say you had an enlish copy of tactics ogre for the snes? Well that one is news to me...

*goes on the search*

Yes. Don't ask me where I picked it up, I didn't have a certain site I downloaded it from.

Oh, and I'm pissed off because that site I used to go to apparently had a Romancing Saga 3 English Copy...

I'm SO fucking pissed I didn't pick that up. As everyone praises that game as a great one.

I actually had that romancing saga english rom, but it was deleted long ago. Although its not biggie as RS3 is a VERY average RPG.

:huh: Average?

Then WHY the fuck does it get the praise it does? Seriously now. I don't get it. I hear love that it gets from all the people who like the Saga series.

*goes on the search*

:huh: Average?

Then WHY the fuck does it get the praise it does? Seriously now. I don't get it. I hear love that it gets from all the people who like the Saga series.

The game is too non-linear. There is very little story or character development and a battle system that will eventually get on your nerves (learning special attacks at random, I mean what the hell is that about?)

In the games defense it looks and sounds very good, complete with many characters, but thats about it.

The game is too non-linear. There is very little story or character development and a battle system that will eventually get on your nerves (learning special attacks at random, I mean what the hell is that about?)

In the games defense it looks and sounds very good, complete with many characters, but thats about it.

Oh... Then I best not play it as it's probably just the same as Unlimited Saga *shudders*.

I wish that ol' site that I used to go to still worked. Cause I bet it had my Tactics Orge English Version on it. I bet it did.

God I want it in english...

I found a partially translated rom of it, tell me if you want it.

Also is there any good forums where I could request for roms? I cant find anywhere on the net that has sega CD roms besides emuasylum and I dont want to pay around 30 bucks + for a rom.

I found a partially translated rom of it, tell me if you want it.

Also is there any good forums where I could request for roms? I cant find anywhere on the net that has sega CD roms besides emuasylum and I dont want to pay around 30 bucks + for a rom.

:huh: Partially... Eh... I'd prefer a full one... Not one half done...

And I understand your dilema with the $30 part.

Just curious but how partial is that TO ROM on EMU?

Like a lot, a little or what?

And does it have N64 ROMs? I'd like to grab a ROM of Ogre Battle 64.

Not enough for you to actually play it properly.

Cant help you with N64 roms, I dont do any 64 emulation.

Maybe someone can help me out:

I downloaded Visualboy Advance (Mac OS X) for my Apple iBook, but don't know how to open it. Am i supposed to add .zip or anything like that to the end of the name? It's just sitting on my desktop and whenever I try to open it, it asks me to choose an application.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Flik, you might be in luck...in about a day I will hopefully have a fully translated snes TO rom.

Watch this space.

:o

OMFG~!

YOU ARE MY HERO~!!!

Choko Says: Slashy... :wub:

...ew, Choko... That's just... EW~!

Choko Says: Heheheheheh.... :lol:

Ok, well some bad news. The rom I was given is actually Ogre battle (enix's game before tactics ogre) and I have searched and asked around many places. There is no full translation of Tactics ogre. There is only one proper translation in the works and thats only 5% complete. I really have no clue how you managed to obtain a translated rom nor do I know who on earth patched it, but to my best knowledge there is no complete translation of tactics ogre.

On my Jnes, I can save screenshots and record music and sounds. Is there an SNES emulator I can do that with, and if so, could someone lead me to it? I'd appreciate it.

On my Jnes, I can save screenshots and record music and sounds. Is there an SNES emulator I can do that with, and if so, could someone lead me to it? I'd appreciate it.

The znes should be able to capture screenshots (even though it is harder to work with than a snes9x) but as far as recording music I've never tried.

I currently have Snes9x and I'm not seeing a way to do either. I was originally using Zsnes and it didn't even *have* sound, which is why I switched to Snes9x.

Guest I'm That Damn Zzzzz

ZSNES can rip music files, press F1 when playing and choose "Save SPC Data."

To play it you need a SPC Player, get one at Zophar's Domain.

Is there any way to do it on SNES9X, does anyone know?

I'd hate to get Zsnes back and have it not have any sound again.

*sighs* I get no luck... I so wanted Tactics Orge in all it's glory...

Better start learning some Japanese then, no translation coming out soon.

Both of the emulators have been updated about a month ago.

Could you post a link for me?

Also, does anyone know anything about level editors?

Mainly for:

Super Mario 3

Super Mario World

Mega Man NES Games

Right now I'm running on Jnes and Snes9x.