Michrome

ROH Tournament Brackets

(1) AJ Styles vs. (8) Jimmy Rave

vs.

(3) Matt Stryker vs. (6) Josh Daniels

(2) John Walters vs. (7) Bobby Heenan's Representative

vs.

(4) Doug Williams vs. (5) Chris Sabin

I think this is pretty much the best way to set it up. Lots of potentially interesting matches here, like Williams-Walters, Stryker-Styles, Styles-Williams, Styles-Walters, etc...The bottom half is very hard to predict, but I feel pretty safe going with Styles on top, unless Gabe decides to give Rave or Stryker the big upset, which is possible.

Depending on who the mystery guy is (all signs point to Punk), this could be one of the best wrestling tournaments ever. If I was booking, I'd have:

AJ over Rave

Stryker over Daniels

Walters over Punk

Doug over Sabin

AJ over Stryker

Williams over Walters

Williams over Styles

Guest JustinCredible2k

AJ Over Rave (Although I would love to see Rave win.)

Daniels Over Stryker

Punk Over Walters

Sabin Over Williams

AJ Over Daniels

Punk Over Sabin

Punk Over AJ

Winner: CM Punk (And its not because I mark out for him.)

Guest Dynamite Kido

Since I didn't mention it here yet I think I may have figured out who the mystery guy is. I read on site's that they wanted Lynn to come in and be a main player in the Pure Wrestling Division. Now with Heenan bringing him in (they are both from Minnesota) it would make sense. But I guess we will see.

No way they fly Williams out only to job him first round...gotta get your money's worth :) Plus, there's no way Punk will be the first chance given the soap opera feud with the prophecy, the pure belt is intended to have none of that stuff involved. Lynn is possible, but realize that they had this mystery man thing going before MLW was cancelled.

No way they fly Williams out only to job him first round...gotta get your money's worth :) Plus, there's no way Punk will be the first chance given the soap opera feud with the prophecy, the pure belt is intended to have none of that stuff involved. Lynn is possible, but realize that they had this mystery man thing going before MLW was cancelled.

If it's Chad Collyer, watch out for a big guy in a skullcap jumping the guardrail going to shank Gabe.

That'll be me.

Collyer was also on MLW prior to it being cancelled. It's going to be Punk, Lynn, or McGinniss.

While I wouldn't mind in being Nigel, in fact, his ringwork is tremendous....I think it'd be a huge letdown.

Lynn....I'd feel the same way.

Punk...I wouldn't necessarily mind it, but again, it'd be a letdown, though not as big as Lynn or McGuiness, IMO.

Perhaps we as ROH fans are expecting too much.

Guest OSIcon

That's the one bad thing about doing a "mystery" person these days. People expect someone huge and it isn't, they are disappointed. In some cases, a mystery man is kept a mystery because he is a huge surprise. In this case, the last entrant is kept a mystery just as a tool to help out the 'Heenan in ROH' storyline. The only reason the wrestler isn't announced seems to be so that when he comes through the curtain, everyone can go: "That's who Heenan is managing!" and begin speculating on why. I don't think this mystery man is meant to get the reaction of "I never thought I would see this guy in ROH!" and if you are expecting that, you will probably be disappointed.

The tournament looks really good. Michrome's predictions seem to be the conventional ones and probably what I would go with, although I wouldn't be surprised to see a few upsets along the way. Although it would make sense storyline wise for Rave to beat Styles, hopegully they keep Styles in there as the fans would shit on the fan favorite losing in the first round.

Oh yah....my predictions for the entire show:

(1) AJ Styles vs. (8) Jimmy Rave

Winner: Styles

vs.

Winner: Stryker

(2) John Walters vs. (7) Bobby Heenan's Representative

Winner: Walters

vs.

(4) Doug Williams vs. (5) Chris Sabin

Winner: Williams

Styles/Stryker = Styles

Walters/Williams = Walters

Styles/Walters = Walters

ROH World Title: Samoa Joe/Low Ki/Whitmer/Maff

Winner: Low Ki (pins Maff)

ROH Tag Team Titles: The Briscoes v. The Backseat Boyz

Winners: The Briscoes

Special K v. The Carnage Crew (Country Whipping Match)

Winners: Carnage Crew

Guest OSIcon

NO! WHY GOD, WHY!?!!?

What's the problem with this match?

Every match I have seen of Daniels, he has been really solid in. He is ultra crisp and has a decent moveset (basically a slight variation of Benoit's moveset back when he was doing more than just german suplexes). Stryker's best matches are with opponents just like Daniels. He gels well with wrestlers who can work the mat but also bring good offense off the mat to keep the match from becoming one dimensional. Add in the fact that Daniels apparently tore it up at World-1 in Philly, and this is a actually one of the matches I am most interested in seeing.

NO! WHY GOD, WHY!?!!?

What's the problem with this match?

Every match I have seen of Daniels, he has been really solid in. He is ultra crisp and has a decent moveset (basically a slight variation of Benoit's moveset back when he was doing more than just german suplexes). Stryker's best matches are with opponents just like Daniels. He gels well with wrestlers who can work the mat but also bring good offense off the mat to keep the match from becoming one dimensional. Add in the fact that Daniels apparently tore it up at World-1 in Philly, and this is a actually one of the matches I am most interested in seeing.

The one match I saw of Daniels (Puma/Daniels @ 12/27 convention) was very boring.

I don't like Stryker very much.

Thus, I don't want to see this match.

Guest ToddRoyal
I think that AJ would actually put Jimmy over. They're friends in real life, and I could see AJ willing to help him out.

I'm SURE AJ is willing to put Rave over, but I'm almost as sure it won't happen Sat. night. They've been building the issue between Rave and Styles for a few months now, so I can see them having a fairly lengthy feud.

I bet AJ goes over here, frustrating Rave. Then they face off a few times more, with AJ coming out on top everytime. Finally Rave "snaps" and takes out his mentor, finally getting the win and starting a push.

Incidentally, I pick AJ to be in the finals against Walters, who goes over big in his hometown to start a sizeable push.

My predictions for the Pure Wrestling tournament.

-A.J. Styles over Jimmy Rave

-Matt Stryker over Josh Daniels

-Heenan's Representative over John Walters

-Doug Williams over Chris Sabin

-Matt Stryker over A.J. Styles

-Doug Williams over Heenan's Representative

-Doug Williams over Matt Stryker

My predictions for the rest of the show.

-Low Ki over B.J. Whitmer, Danny Maff, and Samoa Joe (I think he'll pin either Maff or Whitmer, building to a rematch between Joe and Ki from their Glory By Honor match)

-Briscoe Brothers over Backseat Boyz

-Special K over Carnage Crew (They have to continue this feud until March 13 for Scramble Cage II, so anything other than Special K winning would ruin it)

And my guess for Bobby Heenan's Representative is Jerry Lynn, because they were already talking about bringing him in for the Pure Wrestling tournament a while ago, and I could definitely see him and Bobby Heenan working together.

ROH will need their new champion to be around alot, something Doug Williams cant be. It pretty much rules him out as winning.

Ring of Honor gave Donovan Morgan a run as one-half of the Tag Team Champions, and in their seven month reign he was there to defend it only two or three times. However, it wouldn't surprise me if Ring of Honor put the title on their golden boy Matt Stryker.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Honestly, I am hoping Walters wins the tournament though. I have only seen him a handful of times, but I was impressed. He is good technically and can plain out and out wrestle. I think that makes him a shoe in for this division, and I see no reason why he couldn't defend it more often than not.