Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patorick

Happy Birthday Big Show

Guest Patorick

Just in case you hadn't read about this:

Arena Reports

2/8 WWE Smackdown in Saskatoon, Sask.

Feb 11, 2004, 12:33 am

(7) The Big Show beat Bradshaw to retain the WWE United States Championship. Actually, this was pretty great. Show started by shoving Bradshaw around and making Hogan poses, so Bradshaw grabbed a beer from a ringside fan and drank it for SUPER POWERS. Now he could shove Show around and make Hogan poses! Show tries to retaliate by getting a beer of his own, but after he drank it, he fell on his ass and then burped into the house mic. He tried fighting, but was all wobbly. Then Bradshaw called a time out, announced that it was Big Show's "45th birthday," and led the crowd in a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday. Then Lamont made his second appearance of the evening, carrying a present for the Big Show: four pizzas! Bradshaw offers them to Show as a present. Show, meanwhile, just had this smirk. I don't think he knew this was gonna happen. So Big Show eats some pizza, but then Bradshaw is all like "maybe you shouldn't eat that pizza, 'cause you're... uh... fat" and Big Show is all like "AAAAAAAH THE CHOKESLAM" on Bradshaw who's holding pizza in one hand and the mic in the other. 1, 2, 3, best Big Show match and best Bradshaw match ever. Afterwards, Show takes another beer from a fan, revives Bradshaw, and the two cautiously trade the beer for the pizza. Bradshaw bolts for the back with the beer, while Show stuffs the pizza into his mouth and walks off. Five stars.

Wow. Just, wow...

I think they should both be fired for breaking kayfabe and exposing the business. :D

Serious, I always enjoy hearing about when the guys goof off and have fun. I miss Owen Hart.

Guest Fook

If Big Show had the pizza in one hand and the mic in the other, how did he chokeslam Bradshaw?

Guest NCJ

Either they totally lied about Big Shows age in WCW, which is possible, or someone is wrong. How is he 45. The guy was supposed to still be in his 20's when he signed his first WWF contract.

I think they should both be fired for breaking kayfabe and exposing the business. :D

Serious, I always enjoy hearing about when the guys goof off and have fun. I miss Owen Hart.

That kinda stuff makes me miss Owen too. Does anyone still have fun in this business, or has politics sucked the life out of it?

Either they totally lied about Big Shows age in WCW, which is possible, or someone is wrong.  How is he 45.  The guy was supposed to still be in his 20's when he signed his first WWF contract.

OR, Bradshaw saying Big Show is 45 is a joke? Ha ha, he's 32 but I'll tell everyone he's 45...

I think they should both be fired for breaking kayfabe and exposing the business.  :D

That kinda stuff makes me miss Owen too. Does anyone still have fun in this business, or has politics sucked the life out of it?

The Rock still seems to have fun.

Oh wait, he's gone.

I was actually there for this, and it was pretty funny live. They were doing the Hogan poses and stuff, and after Big Show got shoved (actually out of the ring) he stood there for a minute, looked into the crowd and said "What the hell was that?'" Watching Bradshaw scurry to the back like he had the secret rocket formula with that beer was pretty funny too.

It was also Ernest Miller's last working appearance; I'll always miss his theme music.

And to confirm, Bradshaw did say it was his 45th birthday.

And I'll never forget Tajiri stealing and wearing Lamont's afro wig.

Guest wrestlingbs

This is the kind of stuff I miss on live tv. Wrestlers just having fun, without either burying the other guy or turning it into some stupid skit.

Good God, TBS isn't even close to being 45 years old. I worked with someone last year who actually went to school with the guy, and she was only a few years older than me (I'm 23), and in turn TBS was only a few years older than her. I'd say TBS is about 33 or 34 years old now based on what I know to be a fact.

I'm too lazy to look up his age anywhere.

I think I need to go to a house show again when it comes around here, because they seem to have stuff like this happen every so offten. The only WWE house show that I went to didn't have anything like what we hear of today, but then again that was back in the middle of the Kane/Vader feud, so it's been a while ago.

Guest Loss

Big Show is 32 years old. I only remember this because a big deal was made of him winning the WCW World title at 24, which was in April of 1996.

Someone who has a PWI Almanac handy should be able to verify as well.

I think we're all missing the big story here....

Show's 2nd US Title defense~!

To be fair...he has defended the U.S. title many times at house shows...just once on tv...I can say I was there for a Big Show U.S. title defense (vs. Bradshaw in Montreal last November)

House shows are always fun people...so unless you're broke as hell...just go!