TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

When the smoke has cleared...

After WrestleMania XX, what do you think is in store? I mean...

Possible minor *Spoiler* (if you're not going to read it, you may as well not read the post. :P):

I won't bother going into where I found this out, but appears that, as Chris Benoit is more than likely going over at WrestleMania, his first World Heavyweight Championship defense at WWE Backlash, in Edmonton, Alberta, appears to be against Booker T.

It will be a travesty if that belt is taken from around his waist that early in the game, and a challenger in Booker T and neither Shawn Michaels nor Triple H is interesting.

If this rumour is true.

End possible minor *Spoiler*

Edited by Loss4Words

What's your source for this rumor?

I'm guessing the selling of the current card in Edmonton.

Yup...

Guest Artist(s): Featuring: BookerT & Chris Benoit - other wrestlers TBA

On Sale: Saturday, February 21, 2004

Show Date: Sunday, April 18th, 2004

Time:

Doors 6:00 PM - Show 7:00 PM

Rexall Place

Northlands Park maps 

Tickets: $20 to $50.00 + plus agency fees

Availability: www.ticketmaster.ca

Parking Charged Parking in Effect

Promoter: www.wwe.com

Of course, this doesn't mean much, but why would they slap BookerT on there for no apparent reason? I mean, I understand Chris Benoit, but for both to be together is kinda silly. I would assume Triple H.

Who convinced Micheals or HHH they should do the job to Benoit at WM?

Didn't have to.

Think about it. What's the most successful way to get Benoit's title reign ruined?

By having it be foreshadowed by the bitter rivalry of former D-X members. HHH will be so involved with Shawn, that he'll not request a rematch against Benoit.

...if it is a ladder match, I bet Shawn cost Triple H his chance of winning the title, but allows Benoit to win it.

Why would BookerT be the #1 contender? He becomes Teddy Long's new black guy. It's the only thing that would make sense (even remotely at best).

Guest Ray

I don't buy this...

I'm thinking Michaels wins at WM, then it's heel Michaels vs face Benoit *in Edmonton Canada* with Benoit winning the title there.

The Main Reason for the WrestleMania Main Event being made a Triple-Threat affair is because Triple H doesn't want to be the one to give Benoit the direct pinfall.

It also makes sense to have Michaels in there anyway, if it wasn't WrestleMania build-up all along, so it's two birds with one stone.

Michaels' Sweet Chin Music and contract signing on Raw to Benoit doesn't warrant a heel turn, it just gives him more reason to be involved in the match anyway.

Come on, Triple H! It's WrestleFuckingMania, and Chris fucking Benoit!

If rumors are true Edge will be going to Raw soon to face HHH, so I don't even think he's jobbing the title at WM. Or maybe the Edge thing is their way of working him back in a major program, but not necessarily with a title involved. I dunno.

Seriously, as much as I like Triple H (but not what he's done for the World Heavyweight Championship), if he goes over at WrestleMania, the insides of my television will meet my foot.

Guest Choken One

Another reason I think they really should have gone with the HBK/ROCK and Benoit/HHH Route.

I dunno, I could care less at this point.

I dont even want to know how they plan to introduce a fucking ladder to this match

Guest Anglesault
I don't buy this...

I'm thinking Michaels wins at WM, then it's heel Michaels vs face Benoit *in Edmonton Canada* with Benoit winning the title there.

That would suck

Guest Mulatto Heat

Then there's the rumors of it being a ladder match.

They've already dicked around with the World Title situation enough to make it clear that they have no confidence in a match without ten million booking quirks; they might as well go all the way and make a scenario where no man gets pinned.

My only concern is the possible bumping. None of these men are 25 years old anymore.

I don't see a program that would warrant a match between The Rock and Shawn Michaels...

But I'm sure that the match would be great.

If a Ladder Match is booked for the Main Event at WWE Backlash in Edmonton, Alberta, then I can live with that.

But not at WrestleFuckingMania!

Guest JumpinJackFlash
Rexall Place

Northlands Park maps 

Tickets: $20 to $50.00 + plus agency fees

Is this in Canadian dollars? If so, then couldn't I get a ticket to a PPV for only $15-$17?

Guest hunger4unger

Too much is being read into that WWE.com live events calender info. I think that Benoit will still be chasing the title after Mania.

After all of the build-up that Chris Benoit has received, winning the Royal Rumble going in at No. 1, the ultimate compliment for him, kicking ass on SmackDown! and now kicking ass on Raw (I had made a great observation on Benoit, but now can't remember it), if he doesn't go over at WrestleMania, it would become the ultimate insult.

The only excuse for it being a ladder match is because this way no one gets pins or submits, even through if someone submitted in the crossface, it would get such a huge pop and celebration would cross over the U.S. and Canada and then everyone will feel so happy and sing and rejoice and American and Canadians will like family...then we all wake up because HHH hates America and Canada wrestling fans!

Making the Main Event at WrestleMania A Ladder Match woukd be great to keep it one-on-one - but it still is Triple H doing the direct job, isn't it?

If we have ourselves a Triple-Threat match, then noone is doing the job, which is great for Triple H, at least.

If it's a Ladder Match at Backlash, as I said, I can deal with that.

As long as we see some good, solid wrestling, and the match doesn't revolve around the Ladder gimmick, which is put into the match with good cause, then go with it.

I think its kinda neat that the main event of the biggest Wrestlemania is so unpredictable (even if it is because two of the guys often refuse to job). Any other time someone wins a Rumble, and coming in from #1 no less, it would seem a foregone conclusion but right now, we have no idea who will win.

Guest Ray
I don't buy this...

That would suck

Mind telling me why?

Guest wildpegasus

In normal circumstances, winning a triple threat match means nothing and winning a triple threat ladder match means less than nothing.

In a heavyweight title match it means even less.

For someone's "first" heavyweight title after 18-19 years a scale doesn't even exist that tells us how much lower than nothing winning the title in the rumoured manner is. Negative infinity doesn't even come close to measuring it.

Guest Mulatto Heat

Which is why WWE can fuck themselves if they think that I'm going to be spending a dime on crap like that.

The praise/blame for the XX buyrate is going to fall in the lap of Goldberg/Lesnar or Taker/Kane anyway. So what's the point?

I don't buy this...

That would suck

Mind telling me why?

Because they have built up Benoit as the man striving for his dream so he can achieve it at WRESTLEMANIA. NOT Backlash. HBK did not win the Rumble. He has no right to be in the World Heavyweight match for Wrestlemania. If he wants the gold so bad, they should've held off to build up for Backlash. But this should be built up as Benoit's night.

Guest Ray
Because they have built up Benoit as the man striving for his dream so he can achieve it at WRESTLEMANIA. NOT Backlash.

When did they do this? I must have missed it. I saw Benoit standing there while Triple H blabbed about his title being the best (wink wink I'm better than Brock Lesnar wink wink).

HBK did not win the Rumble. He has no right to be in the World Heavyweight match for Wrestlemania. If he wants the gold so bad, they should've held off to build up for Backlash.

So you want Benoit win the title at Mania and lose it to Michaels at Backlash?

But this should be built up as Benoit's night.

It won't be. HHHe won't allow it. There's a storyline here that could be done. Benoit wins the Rumble, earning a title shot. Michaels doesn't care, and is willing to screw Benoit because he wants to beat Triple H so much. Michaels wins at Mania, then Benoit chases him for being screwed. Benoit who is from Edmonton Canada wins the title from Michaels in Edmonton Canada.

They've already set up part of this with Michaels kicking Benoit and signing his contract. Michaels, being a face, normally wouldn't screw a fellow face, but since he hates HHH so much, he is willing to do it.

I don't see why this wouldn't work. You get the title off HHH, HHH doesn't have to job so he might allow it this way, and Benoit gets his title win in his hometown.

Ray, I sure as fuck hope that the WrestleMania Main Event is a Triple-Threat Match if you're plan is going ahead.

Guest Ray
Ray, I sure as fuck hope that the WrestleMania Main Event is a Triple-Threat Match if you're plan is going ahead.

Duh...

I'd have Benoit almost win the match, then Shawn steals his win or something.

Benoit hits the flying headbut on Triple H, Shawn comes in with a chair, nails Benoit, and pins Triple H for the win. It was Benoit's win to have, and Shawn basically stole it. I hate the scenario, but if they want Benoit to win in his home town, that's a way to set it up.

Benoit hits the flying headbut on Triple H, Shawn comes in with a chair, nails Benoit, and pins Triple H for the win. It was Benoit's win to have, and Shawn basically stole it. I hate the scenario, but if they want Benoit to win in his home town, that's a way to set it up.

Okay, I guess I could see that. But after that, HBK had better turn heel. Otherwise the whole angle goes down in flames.

I think that that would turn Michaels heel, anyway - or at least it should - because if anyone wants him to win more than Benoit, then they suck more than Goldberg's wrestling 'ability'.

The second half of March and the first half of April will see more Michaels turning more, which is the only way to go - because if they were to turn Benoit with what's happened with Shawn, and going into Backlash - then they can burn in hell.