TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is God

John Cena DVD cover art

Guest Anglesault
and really, really bright. That means it'll get a second look from someone who happens to walk by

So does the fat woman in the day-glow orange muu-muu.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I'll be buying it just to spite all workrate freaks here.

Seriously though, every mark I know loves Cena. This will sell.

Guest Anglesault

That's your motivation for doing everything.

Except, of course, that there is litterally nothing on it.

Cena has had no major moments. He has won no big matches.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

That's one too many "t" in literally.

Oh, and if there's ANYONE on this website with too much spite, it's you.

Guest Anglesault

That's one too many "t" in literally.

Damnit.

Oh, and if there's ANYONE on this website with too much spite, it's you.

Excuse me?

"And here's the match he lost to Lesnar...And the match he lost to Taker...And the match he lost to Angle....BUT JUST LOOK at how many ways he can call someone gay!"

:lol:

That pretty much sums up my opinion on it as well.

So, when's the Orton DVD coming out?

I'm trying to figure out how WWE managed to have such a slow news day that we got two pages over whether a DVD cover will sell the DVD or not.

alright I got a question, why does Cena get a dvd when he's only been in the WWE for a little over a year or less when others don't? Booker T, RVD (I feel bashing coming on), and a few others. I mean to be honest I know that Cena is hot, but he really hasn't done anything to memerable you know.

Its a new guy thing. You're new in the WWF/E, you hit it big, you get a video / DVD with your name on hit. They did with Jericho shortly after he came in.

Yeah but they really didn't do that with everyone who was new and was huge, just some.

Guest Brian

I'm really surprised their not waiting for Cena's big breakthrough. I assumed thta was why they opted out of doing a whole mix for Cena and put him with the rest of the stuff on that album. He's got a lot of cross-over appeal, and yet nothing substantial in his career to back up a DVD release.

They should just give me another three volumes of Flair. They know it'll sell.

Guest Deviant
"And here's the match he lost to Lesnar...And the match he lost to Taker...And the match he lost to Angle....BUT JUST LOOK at how many ways he can call someone gay!"

I know that it's the second time that's been quoted, but somebody needs to hire Anglesault for a marketing position.

They didn't steal that font from GTA or anything...

GTA stole their font from Starsky and Hutch so it's ok.

On topic, seriously, what has Cena done to deserve a DVD? Ooh, he raps......I mean, he's mildly entertaining and all but he still needs tons of work in the one place where it SHOULD matter, the ring. Why not make a DVD for say, Chris Jericho? He's wrestled in 3 federations that WWE owns footage from. Then you can have your amusing promos AND good wrestling.

I love Cena, and I think he has definite potential, but a DVD this early is pretty weird. They shouldn't oversell Cena too fast, or he might wear off, which is why I was against a complete face turn. However, Cena's done well (by not making friends with faces or heels). They should just stick to Cena's t-shirts to sell out first, and maybe in a year or two give him a DVD. All of his big matches (Taker, Angle, Benoit, Brock) resulted in a clean loss.

It'll make money and WWE are a business.

God, it's not hard people.

Will it, though? That's the point.

Brock's done a hell of a lot more than him, and when I go to FYE I'm practically tripping all over the unsold Brock DVDs. Now, this one has almost nothing on it.

Cena is possibly WWE's most marketable star right now (certainly out of the new breed of wrestlers). Look how many smarks were drooling over the Flair DVDs. To the casual mark, a Cena DVD will be the same thing. You can't deny that WWE's average fan would rather buy a Cena DVD than a Lesnar DVD. IMO, it isn't being marketed as a DVD of Cena's greatest matches, but as a DVD of Cena's greatest moments.

I'd be willing to bet it'll outsell the Lesnar DVDs by a comfortable margin.

Cena is possibly WWE's most marketable star right now (certainly out of the new breed of wrestlers). Look how many smarks were drooling over the Flair DVDs. To the casual mark, a Cena DVD will be the same thing. You can't deny that WWE's average fan would rather buy a Cena DVD than a Lesnar DVD. IMO, it isn't being marketed as a DVD of Cena's greatest matches, but as a DVD of Cena's greatest moments.

It'll definitely sell, I know a lot of guys who are wrestling fans, and probably 80% of them are Cena fans. I'm just weary of the WWE milking him too soon, because it'll be stupid if he gets stale by the time he's 28-29.

Guest Brian

He's not the most marketable star right now but he definately has the most potential. And he really has very little to show for it all. I also know a lot of guys who are Cena fans but would be weary of buying a DVD of his at this point in time.

Guest Choken One

Who's the most marketable star?

Benoit? HA.

Angle? Nope.

MAYBE EDDY but Cena is CLEARLY aside from the big name(HHH, Rock, Foley, Austin, 'Berg, Taker) the biggest marketable name WWE has right now.

Guest Brian

But that's a big leap, because clearly as big as Cena is with the fans, what basis do you have to put a DVD out of his? It's the flip side of marketability, not just a consumer base but something to offer the customer. And Cena has nothing on the bigger guys in that right other than his crossover appeal in music, and that's not going to cut it on the DVD-side of things.

The Flair DVD has, you know, content on it.

And Cena's biggest moments? He's lost all his big matches, and the only other thing they can put on it would be promos and profile stuff. Stuff that's already been shown on TV a lot.

Guest Corino 1000

Crap Cena with a dvd not the right move right now for cena. Don't wan't to sound repetitive but my good man John Cena has no big win's and not alot of good matched that are dvd worthy.

Don't get me wrong I love Cena's character but is there anyone else that can't bear him in the ring? He's getting a little better though.

Crap Cena with a dvd not the right move right now for cena. Don't wan't to sound repetitive but my good man John Cena has no big win's and not alot of good matched that are dvd worthy.

Don't get me wrong I love Cena's character but is there anyone else that can't bear him in the ring? He's getting a little better though.

Exactly. Cena hasn't had a single big win that I can think of. Even his mini-feud with Eddy he lost.

I don't think you should shy away from including some matches that some one lost on their own DVD, but if you can't find many or any that he won...that's a problem.

Well--maybe they can include his win over Jericho back when he was in his vanilla-gay-tights phase?

...his biggest win is over Jericho, for cryin' out loud. Everyone's beaten Jericho.

The problem is, yeah, people might buy the DVD just because Cena's name is on it, but when they watch it, he'll look like a big-mouthed loser and choker. That's kinda counterproductive, ain't it?

Well, I guess you can count the TV wins he racked up on SD prior to the Brock match, but those aren't too important other than him winning them.

Guest Choken One

About the cover itself...I like It.

It stands out from the other darker color WWE DVD Boxes.

I think that color works great with the boxes like Flair's but no so much the normal snap boxes most DVD's come in.

As I said, it looks like the DVD will contain Cena's promos and "raps" as much as or more than his matches. This DVD isn't aimed towards smarks, it's aimed towards marks who think Cena is cool, and there are a hell of a lot more marks than smarks out there.

Also, this DVD will almost certainly make money without contradicting a DVD they can make of him in a few years time when he's done some good matches. It'll almost certainly sell as well as any Jericho, Benoit or Guerrerro DVD IMHO, so let the WWE do it.

Guest Anglesault
As I said, it looks like the DVD will contain Cena's promos and "raps" as much as or more than his matches.

But which promos are worthy of a DVD?