TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

WB Cancels Angel...

Food for thought there. Probably won't surprise you that I never really watched Buffy though. No real reason - I just never did...

I never watched Firefly up until well after it was cancelled. It can take just one episode to make you get into a show. But if you don't see that episode, you'll probably never watch it. A recent example, for me, would be with CSI. I never really watched the show before, but I ended up catching a bit of it and watching it the whole way through and really dug it. I can see myself easily making this my replacement show for Angel.

Guest Miss Indy Queen

This is depressing. I finally get into Buffy and Angel because of a friend and now that i'm so into Season 5 they cancel the damn thing. I already signed both petitions, but what are the odds of someone else picking it up? I read on WB's site, it's the second highest rated show in the age range of 18-24. I can't believe this is being cancelled yet, Charmed, which i've never sat through the whole thing is STILL on the air! Unbelievable!

I never watched Firefly up until well after it was cancelled. It can take just one episode to make you get into a show. But if you don't see that episode, you'll probably never watch it. A recent example, for me, would be with CSI. I never really watched the show before, but I ended up catching a bit of it and watching it the whole way through and really dug it. I can see myself easily making this my replacement show for Angel.

I've always found that CSI and Law and Order are easy shows to get into because there really isn't a whole lot of baggage associated with it. You can watch an episode and not worry too much about whatever came before it.

Speaking of baggage, I really should start renting Babylon 5 as I can now watch it without getting confused by ongoing plots...

This is depressing. I finally get into Buffy and Angel because of a friend and now that i'm so into Season 5 they cancel the damn thing. I already signed both petitions, but what are the odds of someone else picking it up? I read on WB's site, it's the second highest rated show in the age range of 18-24. I can't believe this is being cancelled yet, Charmed, which i've never sat through the whole thing is STILL on the air! Unbelievable!

I just made the same point on the WB's message boards. It pisses me off that crap like Chamed is being kept on the air yet Angel gets the axe. Hell, it'd be like WWE firing Kurt Angle and making A-Train their WWE champion... :P

Food for thought there. Probably won't surprise you that I never really watched Buffy though. No real reason - I just never did...

I really need to rent Firefly. I have urges to buy it just based on the great reviews it gets, but I think I want to preview it first. Maybe I should download an episode or something. :)

I've always found that CSI and Law and Order are easy shows to get into because there really isn't a whole lot of baggage associated with it. You can watch an episode and not worry too much about whatever came before it.

They are also good because they solve mysteries. When you can "share" an experience with the viewer, it is easier for that viewer to become connected and stay with you.

Speaking of baggage, I really should start renting Babylon 5 as I can now watch it without getting confused by ongoing plots...

Babylon 5 and Farscape are two shows that I _should_ be into, given my preferences, but have yet to fully realize.

I really need to rent Firefly. I have urges to buy it just based on the great reviews it gets, but I think I want to preview it first. Maybe I should download an episode or something

Well, lemme put it this way, I watched Serenity and was hooked. As were every single person I've showed it too. So, watch Serenity first. Hell, I'd send a copy of it on disc to anyone who wanted to watch it if I ever figured out how to do that :)

This is depressing.  I finally get into Buffy and Angel because of a friend and now that i'm so into Season 5 they cancel the damn thing.  I already signed both petitions, but what are the odds of someone else picking it up?  I read on WB's site, it's the second highest rated show in the age range of 18-24.  I can't believe this is being cancelled yet, Charmed, which i've never sat through the whole thing is STILL on the air!  Unbelievable!

I just made the same point on the WB's message boards. It pisses me off that crap like Chamed is being kept on the air yet Angel gets the axe. Hell, it'd be like WWE firing Kurt Angle and making A-Train their WWE champion... :P

Well you can't really compare that. Charmed does get better ratings than Angel. It isn't like A-Train draws more fans than Angle.

This is depressing.  I finally get into Buffy and Angel because of a friend and now that i'm so into Season 5 they cancel the damn thing.  I already signed both petitions, but what are the odds of someone else picking it up?  I read on WB's site, it's the second highest rated show in the age range of 18-24.  I can't believe this is being cancelled yet, Charmed, which i've never sat through the whole thing is STILL on the air!  Unbelievable!

Well you can't really compare that. Charmed does get better ratings than Angel. It isn't like A-Train draws more fans than Angle.

Yeah yeah, no semantics please. You know what I meant. :P

Don't worry, the WB has a fresh and quality and original Vampire show coming;

DARK SHADOWS!

Well actually, it's a remake of an old school soap opera. But still.

ANGEL out for DARK SHADOWS. May god have no mercy on the souls of who thought THAT was a good idea.

I was thinking about watching that show, but since Angel is getting canceled I won't do it.

Actually, I think I might boycott the WB in general. Then again, the only show I watch on the WB is Angel.

It's funny because some people bash Angel because it is a WB show, but it really isn't like their other shows. It has that thing called "good quality."

I tried hard to get into Smallville but I must have caught Kristen Kruek at a bad time cause her "acting" made me want to rip my hair out of my scalp.

Plus, I can't help but say "HEY! He was in Gremlins 2" every time I see Lex's dad. It totally ruins every episode for me.

Guest EQ

I've always liked Smallville better than any other show just because I'm a huge Superman fan. Both Smallville and Angel have been really, really good this season.

I'm getting into Smallville now. But as a Buffy fan...I can't get out of my head how bad this show wants to be Buffy. They may as well call the show "sunnydale" with all the monster of the week episodes that run through the first season (at least). Instead of the hellmouth...they have Kryptonite. But both do feature teenagers with incredible power who have to keep their secret from everyone. They both have two nerdy friends too. Oh well...if you're going to mimic a show...it's best it be one of my favorites.

Guest JMA
I used to watch Dawson's, but once Joey and Pacey got together the show sucked so I stopped.

Ditto. Although I did check out the final two episodes when they premiered.

Guest JMA
I'm getting into Smallville now. But as a Buffy fan...I can't get out of my head how bad this show wants to be Buffy. They may as well call the show "sunnydale" with all the monster of the week episodes that run through the first season (at least). Instead of the hellmouth...they have Kryptonite. But both do feature teenagers with incredible power who have to keep their secret from everyone. They both have two nerdy friends too. Oh well...if you're going to mimic a show...it's best it be one of my favorites.

They should really get Whedon to write an episode of "Smallville." I believe he's a big Superman fan (as well as a fan of comics in general).

Guest EQ

I don't think this makes any sense

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Dude, that's ridiculously stupid.

OMG SUPERMAN IS JUST A COPY OF ANGEL~! WHEDON R0XXXORS!

I'm getting into Smallville now.  But as a Buffy fan...I can't get out of my head how bad this show wants to be Buffy.  They may as well call the show "sunnydale" with all the monster of the week episodes that run through the first season (at least).  Instead of the hellmouth...they have Kryptonite.  But both do feature teenagers with incredible power who have to keep their secret from everyone.  They both have two nerdy friends too.  Oh well...if you're going to mimic a show...it's best it be one of my favorites.

Dude, that's ridiculously stupid.

OMG SUPERMAN IS JUST A COPY OF ANGEL~! WHEDON R0XXXORS!

No you moron, he said Smallville, not Superman, copies BTVS formula.