TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

The One and Only 2/19/04 WWE SmackDown thread...

Guest Anglesault

Why does the recently turned on face ALWAYS use the backstabber to try and help himself up?

Eddy was basically climbing up Angle there.

I do love the spot, though. Great visual.

I would have prefered Eddy beating him at Mania then having Angle turn heel after not pulling out the win.

I'd love for Angle to snap after Mania like he did after Summerslam 01: except more evil. Putting anyone who even tries TALKING to him in various painful submission holds and such.

Guest FrigidSoul

the 97 screw job match had JR trying to explain he had no idea what was going on to Bret(with his headset off). JR also turned to Vince and asked what was going on and Vince told him to sit down and shut his mouth. As far as post match stuff goes that is.

Why does the recently turned on face ALWAYS use the backstabber to try and help himself up?

Well, they don't know where they are, in theory. They are kinda dazed after all.

I am really glad I got out of class early tonight to see this, I am actually excited for the product for the first time in a long time.

I would have prefered Eddy beating him at Mania then having Angle turn heel after not pulling out the win.

Except thats what they did before Summerslam last year with Kurt and Brock.

Kurt's been acting heelish all night, but it was still a good turn.

Guest Anglesault

Well, they don't know where they are, in theory. They are kinda dazed after all.

Ah.

I was always under the impression that it had something to do with them be in such shock that they're friend/relative/whatever turned on him that they were almost appealing to the guy for an answer.

Is there a rule that says any solid match on free TV needs to have a Dusty Finish?

From the WWE Creative Team Regulations Manual;

Article 4, subsection 3, paragraph 6:

In the event a Pay-Per-View caliber match takes place on broadcast or cable television, the ending must be in some way inconclusive.  To do otherwise will risk possible future Pay-Per-View buy-rates or potential for fan interest in a rematch at a later date.

Guest PowerPB13

Just to remind everyone...

THEY...WILL...SCREW...IT...UP.

It's WWE. They can't fucking help themselves. THEY WILL SCREW IT UP.

-Patrick

Is there a rule that says any solid match on free TV needs to have a Dusty Finish?

In the event a Pay-Per-View caliber match takes place on broadcast or cable television, the ending must be in some way inconclusive.  To do otherwise will risk possible future Pay-Per-View buy-rates or potential for fan interest in a rematch at a later date.

Does that include the Lesnar/Angle Iron Man Match and the Foley/Rock match from WAY back when?

But they still had to do that elaborate scheme with Vince and Brock working together to set Kurt up. I'd have liked it a lot better if Eddie beat Kurt, went for the handshake post match, then had Kurt just snap and break his ankle or something. Have it seem like more of a heat of the moment type thing. That kind of turn is a lot more believable than what they've been doing.

But they still had to do that elaborate with Vince and Brock working together to set Kurt up. I'd have liked it a lot better if Eddie beat Kurt, went for the handshake post match, then had Kurt just snap and break his ankle or something. Have it seem like more of a heat of the moment type thing. That kind of turn is a lot more believable than what they've been doing.

Except that WrestleMania is SUPPOSSED to be without those kinds of things most of the time...at least in the main event.

Tonight's show was a really good example of how to book a show, with very few matches on it. We can expect shows like this though from now to WM, so I'm ok with with.

I liked most of what was on the show tonight, and it had two of my favorite moments in years on the show. The first being, as I said before, Eddie's celebration, and the other being Kurt Angle's heel turn.

It was perfectly booked, and came across great on TV. They booked it so that you almost didn't even notice Angle was the ref (other than Cole/Tazz mentioning him a few times here and there) so when Eddie did the Frog Splash, you expected him to count the pinfall...and then they got you by having him just stare at Eddie, and then beat the crap out of him.

At least this WWE Championship match at Wrestlemania looks to have a better build-up to it, unlike *cough cough* Benoit vs. The Kliq *cough cough*. Still, I'm not holding out hope for WWE not screwing Eddie/Angle up before Wrestlemania.

Does that include the Lesnar/Angle Iron Man Match and the Foley/Rock match from WAY back when?

You really expect the WWE to follow its own rules ALL the time?

You really expect the WWE to follow its own rules ALL the time?

TOuche...

*..for some reason, is remembering the day after Royal Rumble 99...when Austin and Michaels were talking...*

<HBK>It says right here in the WWF Rulebook...(pulls up a bottle of liquor, then blinks) Wait, that isn't it..

Guest PowerPB13

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't expect this to turn out exactly the same way as every other WWE angle over the past three years...

-Patrick

Guest Choken One

Foley/Rock was a major hyped Superbowl show that grew big ratings...

Lesnar/Angle was already done on PPV twice at that point...so it wasn't risking PPV Buyrate potential...

However if they were to put on HHH/Benoit before Mania...that would count.

But they still had to do that elaborate with Vince and Brock working together to set Kurt up. I'd have liked it a lot better if Eddie beat Kurt, went for the handshake post match, then had Kurt just snap and break his ankle or something. Have it seem like more of a heat of the moment type thing. That kind of turn is a lot more believable than what they've been doing.

Except that WrestleMania is SUPPOSSED to be without those kinds of things most of the time...at least in the main event.

Yeah, but they've got a double main event, and Benoit's match will probably be the last on the show anyway since he won the Rumble. They could make it work in the midcard, and it could've been a great Wrestlemania moment.

It's WWE. They can't fucking help themselves. THEY WILL SCREW IT UP.

-Patrick

I really wish that you would either quit trolling, or the mods would do something about it.

It's one thing to express dislike (you weren't even doing that now though, you are expressing dislike which isn't even here) but it's another to post shit over and over again, which I can't explain in any other way other than you doing so to piss everyone off to get people all fired up.

Listen, and I mean this. When you actually use your head, and we can all tell when you do so, you are a pretty solid poster, but when you spout off crap like this over and over and over again, it's not only irritating, but it's just old already.

It's WWE.  They can't fucking help themselves.  THEY WILL SCREW IT UP.

-Patrick

I really wish that you would either quit trolling, or the mods would do something about it.

It's one thing to express dislike (you weren't even doing that now though, you are expressing dislike which isn't even here) but it's another to post shit over and over again, which I can't explain in any other way other than you doing so to piss everyone off to get people all fired up.

Listen, and I mean this. When you actually use your head, and we can all tell when you do so, you are a pretty solid poster, but when you spout off crap like this over and over and over again, it's not only irritating, but it's just old already.

patrick, are you the duder that keeps saying that the wwe is going to die? ;)