TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Eliza Dushku to be...

From Marvel.com, from Buffy.nu.

According to HotDog Magazine, Eliza Dushku, who plays "Faith" in Buffy and Angel, is Sam Raimi’s favorite choice for the role of Felicia Hardy aka "The Black Cat."

So far the message is however only a rumor and was not confirmed. But we can hope, because when Tobey McGuire was in the running for the first Spiderman, he asked his friend, Eliza, to play MJ for his auditions. As we al know, Tobey got the part. ;)

Who hasn’t read the Spiderman Comics, probably isn’t familiar with the name "Felicia Hardy". Here some informations:

She undertook a rigorous physical-training regimen that increased her strength, endurance and agility; mastered such skills as lockpicking and safecracking; and studied the martial arts. Donning a costume to conceal her identity, she set out to steal her fortune as the Black Cat.

Attracted to Spider-Man, she joined the web-slinger in his war on crime - thereby winning amnesty from the authorities. Spider-Man reciprocated her love, going so far as to reveal his secret identity. But when he discovered she lacked superhuman powers, he began to fear for her safety. The Black Cat then was injured by the tentacled terror known as Dr. Octopus, leading Spider-Man to terminate their partnership.

Distraught, the Black Cat became determined to gain superhuman powers - by any means necessary. Opportunity presented itself in the form of the Kingpin, the most powerful figure in East Coast organized crime. Seeking vengeance on Hardy for stealing a nuclear detonator that later fell into the multiple hands of Doc Ock, the Kingpin offered to grant her extra-normal abilities in exchange for her services. The Black Cat suspected her unknown benefactor to be a criminal, but accepted his proposition anyway - reasoning that she could turn him over to the authorities after fulfilling her debt.

However, the power had existed within Hardy all along: The Kingpin’s scientists merely discovered and activated latent genetic abilities. She now possessed the extraordinary talents she had pretended at before, as well as enhanced agility and speed. Only after receiving these gifts did she learn her mysterious benefactor’s identity. And there were greater, more damning revelations: The Kingpin told her that in time, her powers would bring bad luck to Spider-Man - eventually resulting in his death. To save his life, she would be forced to break off their affair. But the web-spinner put an end to their relationship himself due to her amorality, coupled with her disdain for his life apart from being Spider-Man.

Again a free agent, the Black Cat embarked on a Robin Hood-type crusade. Her days of "robbing from the rich and giving to the poor" were cut short when Dr. Strange, Master of the Mystic Arts and Earth’s Sorcerer Supreme, removed her probability-altering powers. Peter Parker had married supermodel Mary Jane Watson. Hardy began dating Parker’s friend, Flash Thompson, hoping to upset her former beau. She even confronted Mary Jane, vowing to ruin their marriage. But when Spider-Man lost his powers, the Black Cat showed her true colors by saving him from the sting of the villainous Scorpion. However, all her abilities were rendered inert by the shapeshifting Chameleon.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I think that's a fairly good casting call. She brings the right attitude for a Black Cat kind of character.

I'd actually like to see what Eliza would look like with bleach blonde hair like BC's.

Otherwise, casting her as a brunette in the movie goes against the original material which doesn't need to be changed since there are other hot bleach blonde haired babes out there who can play her.

BC has always been the big-tit blonde haired bimbo type while also being able to maintain a strong sense of dedication to her work.

I'd actually like to see what Eliza would look like with bleach blonde hair like BC's.

Otherwise, casting her as a brunette in the movie goes against the original material which doesn't need to be changed since there are other hot bleach blonde haired babes out there who can play her.

BC has always been the big-tit blonde haired bimbo type while also being able to maintain a strong sense of dedication to her work.

Well, if Kirsten Dunst can go red, Eliza Dushku can go platinum.

Very early on in the speculation for Spidey 3 though...

if you wanna picture her in the costume just watch "jay and Silent Bob Strike back" for a close enough look

watch it in slow motion like i do :)

Already did. Yummy. But starvenger is right, it's way too early to be talking about Spidey 3 since part 2 is not even out yet.

Guest Vitamin EC

Yeah, it isn't a very reliable magazine. It was actually reported by Hotdog late last year and since then, no other source has mentioned it. To me, it seems like too easy a casting call, it's public knowledge that Eliza has connections with people involved in the franchise, seems like the easiest kind of lie to pawn off on people.

Yes.

Yes, I can see this.

I want pictures of her in the catsuit. I'm going to need that to offset the pictures of Halle Berry in *her* catsuit.

I want pictures of her in the catsuit. I'm going to need that to offset the pictures of Halle Berry in *her* catsuit.

To be fair though, Berry DID look good in the "catsuit". It's just that the "catsuit" is rather crappy looking - what little of it there is, anyway.

Halle wearing what Eliza wore in J&S: SB with a Cat mask and goggles like Catwoman in the comics would be friggin' hawt.

As it stands, the costume that she'll be wearing in the movie looks like it got taken through a shredder. Just a hideous S&M outfit gone wrong.

Guest SP-1
Halle wearing what Eliza wore in J&S: SB with a Cat mask and goggles like Catwoman in the comics would be friggin' hawt.

As it stands, the costume that she'll be wearing in the movie looks like it got taken through a shredder. Just a hideous S&M outfit gone wrong.

Yeah, but that's assuming Warner Brothers respects the original medium of the characters.

Well . . . no, that's not fair of me. They, so far, seem to be heading for one of the greatest super hero movies ever made with the new Batman film. But we'll see how much they meddle in the process before that judgement can be made accurately.

I dunno. Ever since that Superman script leaked and had all that stupid crap was in it (and after the labotomy that was BATMAN AND ROBIN) I just recoil from DC movies. Warner gets first dibs and Warner isn't always intelligent or respectful to what came before.

I really wish DC would get away from its ownership and option it's characters out to other production companies.

This would be pretty darn cool to see. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Eliza in a catsuit with white hair.

Heck of a lot better than Halle as "Catwoman". It must remain in quotes, as the new movie has absolutely nothing to do with the comic.

Yeah, but that's assuming Warner Brothers respects the original medium of the characters.

Well . . . no, that's not fair of me. They, so far, seem to be heading for one of the greatest super hero movies ever made with the new Batman film. But we'll see how much they meddle in the process before that judgement can be made accurately.

I dunno. Ever since that Superman script leaked and had all that stupid crap was in it (and after the labotomy that was BATMAN AND ROBIN) I just recoil from DC movies. Warner gets first dibs and Warner isn't always intelligent or respectful to what came before.

I really wish DC would get away from its ownership and option it's characters out to other production companies.

Amen to that. I still wish DC would make a Green Lantern movie. With a good story and the effects they would use for the ring I think a GL movie would make big bucks. But, all DC wants to do is make Batman, Superman nothing else.

I think everyone thought of Brock as Venom at one point or another, I don't think anyone can claim first dibs on that.

I just don't see Dushku in the role...don't know why though