TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

The OAO Raw Thread, 2/23/04

Okay, I'm back. What did I miss?

No, I didn't watch the main event. Wasn't it all promo? I doubt there was even a match.

Not much. Just Vince announcing two shitty matches, having a pointless match with Bischoff, and Lesnar appearing on Raw to give Austin an F-5.

Sort of felt like a filler Raw this week.

I'm glad Vicky won the title, but I was sort of hoping she would finally win it at WM XX. But of course, just like what they are probably doing with the CW division, it's get-as-many-people-as-you-can-in-one-match for the Ladies Title. Too bad; they really could of built Molly/Victoria pretty nicely.

And dear god, what the hell was with Lita? I don't think I've seen a match with so many blown spots in a long while. Someone, for the love of god, teach her how to wrestle, STAT! That, or put her in the role she was before; manager who interfered a lot and got the crowd popping with her two moves. It wasn't just this match. I don't recall a singles match she's been in since she's returned that I would consider even decent. I'd say even Gail Kim is better. At least as a heel, she blew less spots and was working a bit smarter before she got injured.

As much as I'm against a three-way match at WM for the World Title, I'm a little relieved at the build. I was afraid this would be like the Jericho/Benoit/Austin build from KOTR '01 where Jericho and Benoit were pretty much working together to beat Austin but still didn't beat him. At least it's actually every man for himself.

I feel asleep halfway during the show, and just watched some of the stuff I missed. I know it's not a real match or anything, but McMahon's offense against Bischoff bugged the hell out of me. Would it have killed him to sell a little for Bischoff? It's not like anyone watching the show buys Vince as some sort of tough guy or anything.

The last segment was the only thing I actually took the time to watch that bugged me. I really enjoyed the Evolution/Benoit/Shawn segment (is it just me, or have HHH's mic skills improved in the last few weeks?), as well as Benoit/Batista. I still say they need to give Benoit some kinda hype video to build him up stronger going into Wrestlemania, since they still haven't gotten his whole story across to the Raw fans. Foley's promo was great, and I enjoyed the Trish/Christian thing. I also wish that Molly had kept the Women's belt til Mania...or at least had her lose it one on one. At least we'd have had a better match.

Overall, Raw was ok.

Guest Ray
and Austin gets to steal heat.

What the fuck?

It's called getting one of the biggest names in the company on the card.

Nice to know that Vince WON'T sell for Eric...Eric should have won!

Oh come on guys, Besus is imitating your Orton-Hate and everyone falls for it. That's sad.

Well when it's about Orton the pops are non-existent(sad but true, even

Headcheese and Too much had more heat than this kid), RVD still gets pops like crazy, even more than Benoit. Now somebody saying that Rob has no crowd reaction just because he thinks is funny just needs to go get a life instead of wasting it on starting arguments in a forum or sending personal messages for no apparent reason.

After Raw Notes

After Raw, Austin sold the F5 as death for a while.

Lesnar drank a few beer and than rode Austin's

four-wheeler around the ring, sending the camera crew

running, as Lesnar had some trouble driving it.

Lesnar went back in the ring, drank beer, and Austin

snuck up from behind and stunned him. At this point,

Vince came back out and of course Austin stunned him

and Lesnar again, after Vince told Austin he didn't

like his beer. Vince and Lesnar were stunned again

and had beer poured on them before Austin drove off.

They both got up, and Vince said "Brock Lesnar has

made his first and last appearance in Omaha."

Nevermind that he was here before, in 2001 in a dark

match, of course, that's ancient history. Austin came

back out and chased them off in the 4-wheeler, drank

some more beer, and that was the show. Overall, it

was a very hot crowd, with Austin and Benoit getting

the best reactions overall, and Evolution getting a

lot of heat. RVD, Kane, Vince, Lesnar, Booker T, and

Trish all had storng reactions also, although the

crowd pretty much reacted to everything. And there

were very heavy Goldberg chants during the Vince

stuff, and after the show. It was a sellout, with a

small portion of an upper deck tarped off, which was a

mistake, as a lot of people were trying to buy tickets

outside beforehand. I would estimate that since this

was the first WWE show in the new Qwest Center, which

is much larger than the old Civic Auditorium, that

this was the largest crowd to see wrestling in Omaha

history. Also, a SmackDown house show was announced

for Saturday, April 7th, during an intermission, with

tickets on sale this Saturday.

Credit: WrestlingObserver

I was hoping someone would say where Brock came from. Under the ring, through the crowd, etc.

Guest Besus

Now somebody saying that Rob has no crowd reaction just because he thinks is funny

I don't think it's funny,I never try to be funny here.

When I denied Rob's reaction,I didn't try to be funny like you,when you deny Orton's heat.

just needs to go get a life instead of wasting it on starting arguments in a forum

That was posted by someone that post negative remarks about Randy Orton every day,not diffrent remarks but the same insults.

"This has more heat than Orton"

"This is a heatless,kid"

"Orton isn't over"

"Orton sucks",etc

You know,the same insults that gets posted by you and others every day.

I could tell you to get a life but I'm not because,it's the stalest insult on the Internet and I don't consider it an insult coming from someone that reply to every thread about a wrestler to post the same old insults that gets posted every day.

Your life is Randy Orton obviously,you will not let a day go bye without insulting him.

If someone post a comment about Orton,you'll post some old insult like "AC's has more heat than Orton" . If it's not you or Mixx,it's MIGHTY.

I would get a life before I tell someone to get a life. HINT! HINT!

or sending personal messages for no apparent reason.

I had a reason.

Guest PowerPB13

Benoit had better figure out a way to put the Crossface on both Triple H and Shawn Michaels at the same time, it might be the only way for the WrestleMania match to have a "satisfying finish".

-Patrick

Guest Choken One

He should have HHH in a regular Crossface and as Shawn comes to break it up, Trip him down via his legs and Crossface with his Legs...

Guest Mosaicv2

I have to get this off my chest... RAW just plainly sucked last nite... the openin match was not in my taste & they had a main event that nobody gives a shit about... & I loved how the WWE screwed up the little Bischoff video that it was dated back May 1998... it was actuallly back May of 1999!!! AHHH!!! no match & storyline was interestin... & the Jericho & Trish angle is just gettin old... their doin the somethin everyweek. Its funny that RAW has been pretty good recently & they had to do this to me. Thats all of my opinions & im stickin to them... WAT ELSE IS NEW?!!

I loved how the WWE screwed up the little Bischoff video that it was dated back May 1998... it was actuallly back May of 1999!!!

You sure it was 99??? I stopped watching WCW in July 98 and I've actually seen that promo before.

Guest MikeSC
I have to get this off my chest... RAW just plainly sucked last nite... the openin match was not in my taste & they had a main event that nobody gives a shit about... & I loved how the WWE screwed up the little Bischoff video that it was dated back May 1998... it was actuallly back May of 1999!!! AHHH!!! no match & storyline was interestin... & the Jericho & Trish angle is just gettin old... their doin the somethin everyweek. Its funny that RAW has been pretty good recently & they had to do this to me. Thats all of my opinions & im stickin to them... WAT ELSE IS NEW?!!

EB wasn't ON TV for almost all of 1999. He almost never appeared on camera for the entire year.

I don't even know what video you are referencing (if it is him challenging Vince, it was for Slamboree 1998 --- Slamboree 1999 had Nash winning the World Title and an excellent World Tag Title match opener), but I can say that it wasn't from 1999 if EB was on it.

Heck, he was GRAY in 1999.

-=Mike