TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikey2Dope

The "What Film(s) Did You Watch Today" Thread

New York Minute - D-

Eurotrip - C

Win a Date with Tad Hamilton - F

Shrek 2 - B

I watched some bad bad bad movies this past week.

Robots - B+

It wasn't as good as Ice Age, but it still was a pretty good cartoon. I have yet to see a bad CG cartoon.

Dodgeball - 7/10

Not quite as inspiredly daft as something like Baseketball but still enjoyable. I particularly enjoyed Stiller's silliness.

kill_vol1.jpg

Kill Bill vol. 1 - 6.5

I'd never seen this before, even though it's been hyped to death to me by virtually everyone I know who's seen it.

And can I say? Decent enough action flick, but overall, GREATLY OVERRATED.

I don't know, maybe after I've seen vol. 2, my opinion will change a little, but by and large I wasn't too impressed. Enjoyed it, but not nearly as good as I was expecting it to be considering who made it.

Had a good long week of movies

mptv1.gif

Man On Fire - 6/10. Good acting from Danzel and Dakota. Marc Anthony didnt ruin anything. Style which they used to show subtitles was pretty funny, most likely aimed for the lazy eyed audience, topped with sing along music which took away the grittyness of the film that I was expecting to be more dark.

LilyPoster.jpg

All About Lily Chou Chou - 8/10. Movie i almost saw in 2001, but didnt due to 9/11. It's completely mesmerizing with imagery and music. It's a film which shows no hurry to to bring us the ending. It keeps floating with an ease, though some things could have been detailed further, like Hoshino's process in transformation to becoming a "monster".

Don't Tempt Me - 5/10. Interesting concept done in the most subtle fassion without even trying to bring out viewers emotions toward the characters.

Flirting Scholar - 5/10. One of the least likeable Chow films. Even Gong Li couldnt save this with her looks. Thus not worthy of a poster.

Recently:

Glengarry Glen Ross - 7/10

Good performances by the entire ensemble (especially Lemmon and Pacino), but I just wasn't feeling the plot at all.

Shark Tale - 6/10

Fun fluff. Scorsese and De Niro were awesome, as expected.

Hero - 7/10

Another one I couldn't really get into, despite the terrific special effects and choreography.

last night, rented the bootleg from kim's on the corner:

'2046'

thumbs up, cheap pop and whatnot.

Nice review, gtd. From what I can remember I pretty much agree with you here (then again, all I can really remember from the film is the crying android on the train).