TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nl5xsk1

Hangovers? Never again!

Has anyone else seen that commercial for Chaser, the hangover preventer? It's on late at night, and seems so over-the-top that I thought that there was no way it was real. But, lo and behold, a little search online finds the following:

http://www.doublechaser.com/default.htm

Of course, it still seems relatively sketchy, what with the "Generally Recognized as Safe" description on the front page. I mean, if I'm looking for safety I'd like it to be universally accepted as safe, not just generally. But maybe that's just me.

So, has anyone seen this ad? Has anyone known anyone that's tried Chaser, and lived to tell about it? Is anyone willing to be the guinea pig that risks life and limb by being the first on TSM to try this "generally safe" drug?

Goddammit people, how thick are you?

It's probably just a friggin sugar pill or some shit, designed to sucker in the moronic college crowd and the usual alcoholics who are unable to recognize the "too good to be true" element of this and will gladly throw their money away over this stupid bullshit.

Some people are still alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

::Throws up the X::

It's probably just a friggin sugar pill or some shit, designed to sucker in the moronic college crowd and the usual alcoholics who are unable to recognize the "too good to be true" element of this and will gladly throw their money away over this stupid bullshit.

I was digging your post until you ended it by quoting the shirt that Tom Metzger wore at AryanFest.

And I doubt that it's a sugar pill or placebo, the FDA wouldn't let them sell it if it were ... to steal from the webpage's Q&A:

Q: What are Chaser hangover pills made of?

A: Chaser is a patent-pending formula of activated calcium carbonate and vegetable carbon (activated charcoal). Calcium carbonate is the active ingredient in most calcium supplements and antacids. Vegetable carbon has been used for centuries to absorb toxins and is still used in hospitals today. Both ingredients are Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) by the FDA.

Q: How does Chaser hangover prevention work?

A: Chaser absorbs the elements in beer, wine and spirits that cause hangovers. These elements, called congeners, are the byproducts of the fermentation process that gives alcoholic beverages flavor, aroma and color. When released into your bloodstream, congeners cause a reaction leading to inflammation and pain. In other words, a hangover. Chaser attracts and absorbs congeners, keeping them in your digestive tract where they are harmless.

Of course, having said (and copied and pasted) all that, I don't see me trying the shit anytime soon. The occasional hangovers that I get aren't bad enough to try something that's considered kind-of safe. (and Squirtle!, getting hangovers comes with getting older, not from being a pussy. I've suffered from more hangovers in the last 2 years or so than I did from the ages 18-28.)

Guest FrigidSoul

In other words this pill is a can of Tomato Soup in tablet or capsule form. Just buy a damned can of Campell's Tomato soup or a jug of V8.

Guest BDC

I don't even drink I know to avoid hangovers you just stay hydrated. I have a friend that always has water in proximity to his alcohol and never gets a hangover.

I was digging your post until you ended it by quoting the shirt that Tom Metzger wore at AryanFest.

And I doubt that it's a sugar pill or placebo, the FDA wouldn't let them sell it if it were ... to steal from the webpage's Q&A:

Q: What are Chaser hangover pills made of?

A: Chaser is a patent-pending formula of activated calcium carbonate and vegetable carbon (activated charcoal). Calcium carbonate is the active ingredient in most calcium supplements and antacids. Vegetable carbon has been used for centuries to absorb toxins and is still used in hospitals today. Both ingredients are Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) by the FDA.

Q: How does Chaser hangover prevention work?

A: Chaser absorbs the elements in beer, wine and spirits that cause hangovers. These elements, called congeners, are the byproducts of the fermentation process that gives alcoholic beverages flavor, aroma and color. When released into your bloodstream, congeners cause a reaction leading to inflammation and pain. In other words, a hangover. Chaser attracts and absorbs congeners, keeping them in your digestive tract where they are harmless.

Of course, having said (and copied and pasted) all that, I don't see me trying the shit anytime soon. The occasional hangovers that I get aren't bad enough to try something that's considered kind-of safe. (and Squirtle!, getting hangovers comes with getting older, not from being a pussy. I've suffered from more hangovers in the last 2 years or so than I did from the ages 18-28.)

I'm refering to the vast majority of people/dumbasses around here.

And hell, I've said that line long before some racist wore it as a t-shirt.