Jay Briscoe

Reno

Opener:

Shashka Corbett

Injured/Rehab:

Rey Mysterio

Other competitors!

Ring of Honor (National).

They just fell to National after spending a month as Global. Needless to say, there was much rejoice within the WWF. Much like WCW, ROH picked up quite a bit of momentum from former WWF superstars, who were not getting along with head booker Ernie Rowe.

Top Five Stars:

Steve Austin

Eddie Guerrero

Christopher Daniels

John Cena

Edge

Burning Hammer of The Wrestling Gods (National)

A surprise success, considering the roster. BHOTWG has yet to pick up any television deals, but does well promoting much-talked about shows across the country. They run family-orientated shows as well, so parents have little conern exposing their children to this federation.

Top Five Stars:

Rosey

Jeff Jarrett

Donovan Morgan

Johnny Smith

Chris Candido

Xtreme Pro Wrestling (National!)

Yes, XPW is alive and well in 2006. Rob Black's business deals turned out to be a success, and XPW plays to an adult audience. Recently they acquired a retired Rob Van Dam as commisioner of the federation.

Top Five Stars:

Rob Van Dam

Ikuta Hidaka

Gedo

Johnny Smith

Chris Candido

Where are They Now?

Several big names in the WWF left within the first year and a half of Ernie Rowe's days as WWF booker. Let's take a moment and reflect on where they are now.

The Rock: Continued to have a very successful Hollywood career. He occasionally tours in Japan, due to his love of wrestling, but has not appeared in a WWF ring since Backlash 2003.

Undertaker: 'Taker hated Rowe from the minute they started doing business together. Rowe wanted to phase 'Taker out of the main event scene, which didn't sit well. As a result, 'Taker decided it was best to retire, and in the fall of 2003 he hung up his boots and now just resides with his wife and child in comfort.

Kurt Angle: It's well documented how Kurt Angle left the WWF in 2004, jobbing his WWF title to Shelton Benjamin. Since then, Angle became a big factor in the rise of Ring of Honor and has worked for numerous independent companies.

Chris Jericho: Y2J refused to re-sign with the WWF and became an angry and bitter employee. Rowe released him from his contract a few months early in 2005, after WrestleMania XXI. Since then, Jericho has been a regular in Japan and works Indy dates on the side.

Big Show: See "Undertaker."

Kane: See "Big Show" and "Undertaker."

Batista: Dave Batista was released from his contract in late 2003. From there, he became a huge star in Ring of Honor. When his contract was up, Rowe brought Batista back for a short run in late 2005, early 2006. Batista was just used for star power and enjoyed a run as IC Champion. Now Batista is back to working the independent feds and hasn't returned to Ring of Honor as of yet.

Eddie Guerrero: Once again, Eddie became burnt out from the WWF schedule and was not happy with his role most of the time. Basically, when Eddie was holding the WWF Championship on Smackdown or the World Championship on Raw, he was happy. Whenever he wasn't, he was angry. Guerrero was released in 2005, and became a full-time Ring of Honor star.

John Cena: Cena was on the verge of breaking out in 2003, but Rowe was reluctant to push him further, based on his average in-ring work. Cena achieved immense popularity, but was never turned face. He spent about eight months holding the tag titles on Raw with Rhyno, as well as three Intercontinental Championships. Despite some attempts to push Cena and make him happy, Cena just became more miserable. In the summer of 2005, Cena lost his IC and Tag titles within weeks of each other and was given his release. He now tours in Japan, and is said to be learning a lot.

Brock Lesnar: Same scenario as in real life, more or less. WrestleMania XX was Lesnar's last night in the WWF, but he didn't quit voluntarily. During his match with Chris Benoit on the show, Lesnar half-assed the entire match and no-sold several of Benoit's offense. What could of been a five-star masterpiece turned into a train wreck, and Benoit did all he could to hold it together. Lesnar was fired immediately after the match, and has gone on to work in Japan since.

Chris Benoit: Benoit left the WWF in 2004 as well. He wasn't happy backstage and he just wanted time to get his passion back. Benoit worked for Ring of Honor for a little over a year, but returned to the WWF in early 2006. Now he's the reigning World Heavyweight Champion on Raw.

Edited by TheManErnieRowe

Raw

November 6th 2006

The pyro explodes and Mike Tenay and Al Snow welcome us to another exciting episode of Monday Night Raw! The crowd is hot tonight, and there is much excitement when a graphic is played on the titantron, announcing that tonight’s main event is Austin Lee and Adam Hastey vs the World Tag Team Champions Brian Kendrick and J.R. Ryder in a non-title match.

Take Me Out to the Ball Game...

Music plays, and Bubba Ray Dudley and Johnny C. are making their way down the ramp for a match. As they reach the bottom, Evolution comes running in from behind them! Adam Hastey and Austin Lee both have baseball bats and Chris Benoit is carrying a chair with him. Hastey and Lee take turns hitting Johnny with the bats while Bubba Ray takes two stiff chair shots from the World Heavyweight Champion!

This prompts out Bryan Danielson, J.R. Ryder, and Brian Kendrick! Danielson starts brawling with Benoit, while the R&S Connection goes after Hastey and Lee. The Degenerates lose their bats, and Evolution regroup and the trio makes it into the ring. Danielson, Kendrick, and Ryder pick up their weapons and start circling the ring. After a few seconds of tense silence, HBK’s music plays and Raw GM Shawn Michaels makes his entrance.

HBK: That was the final straw, Benoit! You three have really pissed me off this time! Now is not a good time to do so either, because one of my favorite pay-per-views of the year, Survivor Series, is coming up in just a couple short weeks! I’ve been thinking about what Raw should contribute to this legendary pay-per-view, and I’ve sort of been short of ideas. However, now I know what I want. I want Evolution gone from Raw! So at Survivor Series, I want a classic eight man elimination tag match to take place. The three of you are going to team up with Steve Corino (Benoit looks disgusted at this point). Your opponents will be the “American Dragon” Bryan Danielson, Brian Kendrick, J.R. Ryder… and me! (Hastey and Lee both look nervous when HBK announces himself in the match, Benoit grabs a mic).

Benoit: So what’s this? Another attempt by you to get rid of Evolution? Did we not just go through this after Unforgiven? And Steve Corino? This is far from fair, Michaels, and you damn well know it. However, I’m going to accept these terms. I will accept having to team up with Corino, who is my enemy, and I will accept the thought of losing the Evolution heritage… but under one condition! At Survivor Series, this will be the last time you EVER put our existence on the line. After Evolution wins that survivor match, you can NEVER take any means to break us up!

HBK: You know what, Benoit, I accept those terms! I have enough faith in my team of protégés, and I have faith in myself! If we lose at Survivor Series, I’ll leave Evolution alone. In the meantime, I reserve the right to revoke this cause should any of you go and attack superstars at random like you just did.

Tenay: Yes! Shawn Michaels is taking Evolution into his own hands! At Survivor Series, we will witness Michael’s first in-ring performance since WrestleMania!

Snow: I’m just glad to see that Evolution is getting what’s coming to them! When I saw them take down Johnny C. and Bubba Ray Dudley just now, it reminded me of what they did to me, Shane Helms, and Shannon Moore! Too many superstars have been put out of action because of Evolution and their baseball bats!

Intercontinental Championship: Matt Stryker © vs Matt Hardy Version 1.0

Match Background: This match is for the WWF Intercontinental title. Matt Stryker has been WWF Intercontinental champion since 30 October 2006. Stryker promised Hardy that if he won the IC title last week, Hardy would be the first to receive a title shot.

The Match: Standing leg lariat by Matt Stryker on Hardy. Hardy flips out of a Matt Stryker bodyslam attempt. Back suplex on Stryker. The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. Delayed BRAINBUSTAH~! by Hardy who held onto that one for ages. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Stryker counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Spin kick by Matt Stryker to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Superkick by Matt Stryker practically knocks out all of Matt Hardy Version 1.0's teeth! Covers for a quick two count. Springboard dropkick from Matt Stryker. Nicely done. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Matt Hardy Version 1.0 pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Stryker walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Stryker blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! The referee bumps after catching a wild right hand and is down. Matt Hardy Version 1.0 floors Stryker, then signals for the Twist Of Fate. Meanwhile, Matt Stryker has something in his hands. Hardy comes over...and gets nailed with a set of brass knuckles! The referee wakes up to see the pinfall: 1....2....3! It's over. Tommy Dreamer has grabbed a chair. Hardy walks over...and gets floored with a hard shot. Stryker also takes a hard shot. Dreamer has laid everybody out!

My Opinion: Nothing offensive, but nothing too special either. **1\2 rating.

Tenay: Matt Stryker just cheated to win over his best friend, Matt Hardy!

Snow: But an irate Tommy Dreamer came and did what he does best!

Tenay: You mean lay waste to Mattitude 2.0?

Snow: Exactly!

Winner at 5:01 and STILL Intercontinental Champion: Matt Stryker

Hardy Har Har

After the break, we see Matt Hardy thrashing around in the backstage area. Stryker is trying to calm him down.

Hardy: You jerk! You no-good, rotten, little weasel! Since when do you carry about brass knucks!

Stryker: Give me a break, man! I just won this belt, you think I’m ready to hand it over just now!

Hardy: Dammit, I’m your best friend, how could you… (Stops when he sees CM Punk and Julio crossing by). What the hell are you two looking at?

Punk: You two are both ridiculous. You’re fighting over that belt the same way two little boys would fight over a toy truck.

Hardy: Well, I think you should watch yourself, Punk.

Punk: From you two? Why should I. Since you’ve arrived on Raw, you have been unorganized, unprepared, and all around worthless. I’m amazed your little pal had enough in him to win that Intercontinental title. As far as I’m concerned, you are both worthless.

The two teams start brawling in the hallway. Referees have to run in and break them up.

Trish Stratus vs Gail Kim

Match Background: Trish has been sort of targeted out amongst the struggling Raw talent as of late.

The Match: Trish hits a right hand. Gail Kim comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Kim hits a right hand. The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. Spear! Trish is down! Cover, but there's no one to count for Gail Kim! Trish blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Bodyslam by Trish. Trish Stratus hits a bulldog off the ropes. Covers for a quick two count. Spear! Kim is down! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Kim counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Big piledriver on Trish. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Gail Kim misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Test comes running down the aisle and into the ring! Gail Kim turns around. Test spins Trish around. Test hits the Running Big Boot!

My Opinion: Slightly above average match. Only gets a **3\4 rating from me.

Tenay: What the hell was that?!? Test just interfered in that match, and for NO REASON!

Snow: He took Trish down with that awful big boot!

The music of John Jeter hits, and he comes running down the aisle into the ring. Test bails from the ring, and is joined by Christian.

Tenay: I’m receiving word over my headset that Shawn Michaels has ordered Test to wrestle John Jeter after the commercial break, as part of his punishment for interfering in the match!

Snow: Test must have forgotten about the New Rule! Jeter vs Test is next!

Winner at 4:13: Trish Stratus

John Jeter vs Test (with Christian)

Match Background: Jeter just saved Trish Stratus from an attack by Test.

The Match: John Jeter hits a rolling kick on Test. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Lightning kick by Jeter on Test. There's a two count on the pin. John Jeter misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Test hits a right hand. BIG clothesline on Jeter. Hooks the leg for a two count. Brutal sit out powerbomb on Jeter! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. BAAACK Body drop by Jeter gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Jeter counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Spinning bulldog in the corner and Test is down! There's a two count on the pin. Tor-NADO DDT from John Jeter, Test got planted! Pin, but Test is out just before the three count. John Jeter hits a rolling kick on Test. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. John Jeter connects with a back heel kick on Test and gets back up quickly. Test pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Flying shoulder tackle by Test sends Jeter CRASHING to the mat. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Test just KILLS John Jeter!

Tenay: Someone is running down the aisle?!? Who is that!!

Snow: Wait a second, that’s CHRIS CHETTI!

Chris Chetti comes running down the aisle and into the ring! John Jeter turns around. Chris Chetti spins Jeter around. Chris Chetti hits the Amityville Horror! Chetti leaves the ring, the damage done! The ref gets into position, administers the three count, and it's over. Test pins Jeter. Chris Chetti pushes the referee aside, then continues to assault Jeter! Right hands rain down on John Jeter, pounding him into the canvas. Satisfied with his work, Chris Chetti turns and leaves the ring, the damage done.

My Opinion: Good bout. In my estimation, it's about ***3/4.

Tenay: Wait, does this mean that Chris Chetti is a new member of the Beautiful People?

Snow: Sure as hell looks that way to me! I bet Shawn Michaels must be furious over outside interference in two straight matches!

Winner at 13:01: Test

Another New Match

HBK enters a locker-room, where Tommy Dreamer is practicing his kendo stick moves. He stops and greets HBK.

HBK: Tommy, my man. You know, it’s remarkable that you held the Intercontinental Championship for eight months! That is the longest IC title reign in probably a decade! And I agree with you about Matt Hardy and Matt Stryker. They are pains in the ass, and something should be done about them. But I can’t approve of you attacking them from behind every ten minutes the same way I can’t tolerate Evolution’s base-ball attacks.

Dreamer: I understand.

HBK: However, I want to give you an opportunity for a fight. Since you are a popular guy in the back, and Hardy and Stryker are not, why don’t I make the three of you opponents in a ten-man elimination tag match at Survivor Series. I know it won’t be hard for you to find four team-mates, but I’m going to enjoy watching Hardy and Stryker squirm.

Dreamer: As will I. Thank you, Shawn.

The two shake hands.

Bryan Danielson vs Steve Corino

Match Background: These two will be fighting on opposite teams at Survivor Series. Corino has been placed on Evolution’s team, despite not being a part of the group.

The Match: Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Bryan Danielson by Corino. Remember when that was a legit finish? Spear by Steve Corino. Covers for a quick two count. Steve Corino misses a clothesline. Bryan Danielson kicks the leg, knocks Corino down, and goes to work on it. Spin kick by Bryan Danielson to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Danielson walks into a drop toe hold. Full nelson slam on Danielson. Steve Corino hits some punches. How generic. Bryan Danielson powers out of a Steve Corino headlock. THERE IT IS! Wait! Corino has pulled something out of his tights. Bryan Danielson walks over...and gets floored by a punch! No, the referee saw the brass knuckles! We have DQ decision!

Tenay: Danielson wins by a disqualification! But what the hell, here comes Benoit!

Snow: What’s Benoit doing out here? I thought he hated Corino?

Tenay: He must hate Danielson even more!

Chris Benoit comes running down the aisle, and gets into the ring! Chris Benoit drops Danielson to the canvas. Chris Benoit quickly locks on the Crippler Crossface! Bryan Danielson has been left down on the canvas.

My Opinion: This match gets two stars from me. Nothing more, nothing less. **

Tenay: There is still tension between Benoit and Corino. You can see it in their eyes.

Winner at 3:19 by DQ: Bryan Danielson

CM Punk and Julio Dinero (with Raven) vs The New Rainbow Express (with Ozzy Benton) vs Frank Shamrock and Lance Storm

Match Background: This will be a triangle bout. The New Rainbow Express used to be a regular team, but have been inactive for a while. Whether this match will lead to a reformation as an active unit remains to be seen. Shamrock and Storm are teaming up for the first time tonight, whether or not this leads to them being a regular team has yet to be seen.

The Match: A kick from Lodi is delivered to the leg. Lodi hits a spinning back kick. All those spinning kicks look alike, don't they. Lodi tags out to Lance Storm. Big dropkick by Lance Storm, who got a ton of air on the move. Hooks the leg for a two count. Punk counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Tag to Julio Dinero. Punk and Dinero whip Storm into the ropes and hit a double backdrop.

Tenay: Ozzy Benton just jumped onto the apron, and Raven pulled him off!

Snow: It just supports my theory that everyone hates Ozzy Benton.

Tag between Lance Storm and Frank Shamrock. Frank Shamrock connects with a HARD right hand, sending the opponent down to the mat again. Frank almost belly-to-belly suplexes Julio Dinero through the mat. What? It's possible. Tag between Julio Dinero and Rico. Rico gets caught with a short powerbomb from Frank. Frank goes for a splash but Ozzy Benton pulls Rico out of the way. Frank Shamrock is in trouble. Spinning Leg Lariat! 1....2....3.

My Opinion: *** rating for an above average match.

Tenay: Did you see what Ozzy Benton just did! He just helped Rico and Lodi win the match!

Snow: And everyone knows it!

Ozzy rolls into the ring and starts celebrating with Rico and Lodi. The trio is overjoyed to have a victory, and they don’t notice that CM Punk, Julio, Raven, Lance Storm, and Frank Shamrock are standing all around them, looking really pissed off. Ozzy is the first to notice and he literally yelps! He tries to run, but Raven nails an evenflow DDT on poor Ozzy. Likewise, Julio helps CM Punk set Lodi up for a Pepsi Plunge, and Shamrock and Storm double team Rico. The Rainbow Express and Ozzy Benton are layed out.

Snow: It would appear that no one was too amused with Ozzy’s antics tonight.

Winners (?) at 8:32: The New Rainbow Express

Enemies?

Steve Corino is sitting in his locker-room, already changed from his match earlier. Chris Benoit comes in and the two of them lock eyes.

Benoit: Steve. I just want to lay everyone down and talk to you straight. I don’t like you. I don’t trust you. But at Survivor Series, we have to work together. My colleagues, Adam and Austin, have informed me that they most enjoyed teaming with you last week. If you’re good enough for them, then I suppose you are good enough for me too.

Corino: Look, Chris. I’m going to be straight with you too. I don’t like you either. I don’t trust you either. But I’ll be a team player at Survivor Series. Under one condition.

Benoit: What’s that?

Corino: After we win the match, you let me become a part of Evolution.

Benoit: (cringing)… fine!

The two share a reluctant (not to mention tense) hand-shake. Benoit exits, and the main event is after the next break!

Non-title Match: R & S Connection vs Adam Hastey and Austin Lee

Match Background: R & S Connection are the reigning World Tag Team champions, and have been since 25 September 2006.

The Match: Dropkick connects to the BUTT of the jaw and Kendrick goes down. Kendrick takes a flying neckbreaker from Adam Hastey. There's a two count on the pin. Hastey tags out to Austin Lee. Hastey and Lee whip Kendrick into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. There's a two count on the pin. Implant DDT by Austin Lee! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Brian Kendrick pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Flying reverse elbow by Brian Kendrick. There's a two count on the pin. Kendrick tags out to J.R. Ryder. Lee takes a NICE hurrancarana from J.R. Ryder. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Ryder uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Austin Lee is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Implant DDT by Austin Lee! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Tag between Austin Lee and Adam Hastey. Adam Hastey kicks the leg, knocks Ryder down, and goes to work on it. Tag to Brian Kendrick. Spin kick by Adam Hastey to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Adam Hastey ducks a Kendrick clothesline and does a quick roll up. Hastey has a handful of tights! The referee hasn't seen it: 1....2....3!! Hastey and Lee nod at each other...and they attack R & S Connection! The element of surprise works in their favour, and they have soon left R & S Connection down and out on the canvas.

My Opinion: A badly blown spot prevents me from giving out more snowflakes. ***3/4

Tenay: This doesn’t bode well for Shawn Michael’s plans! The World Tag Team Champions have been laid to waste by the Degenerates!

Snow: I hate those two so much!

Tenay: Well, this is not going to sit well with Shawn Michaels. Next week is the last stop on the road to Survivor Series! Be here next week to find out what HBK does in response to his never-ending madness by Evolution!

Winners at 22:01: Adam Hastey and Austin Lee

Thanks for the info dude.

I was wondering what happend to most of the superstars of the WWE. When I first started reading this diary, I thought it was going to be one of those kind where you get all of the popular indy stars that would never be in the WWE in the first place, but now I really realize why you did it, you had no choice!

But anyway, great diary. Keep going dude.

Oh, one last thing, do you have TEW?

Thanks for the info dude.

I was wondering what happend to most of the superstars of the WWE. When I first started reading this diary, I thought it was going to be one of those kind where you get all of the popular indy stars that would never be in the WWE in the first place, but now I really realize why you did it, you had no choice!

But anyway, great diary. Keep going dude.

Oh, one last thing, do you have TEW?

Hehe, you're welcome. I didn't hire all the popular independents at once :) In fact, I made sure that when I did hire them that I integrated them into the game as realistically as I could.

I'll admit, when I started the game I picked up CM Punk, Raven, and AJ Styles, but I didn't throw them into main event programs. Raven did sooner than later because he got over so fast, and CM Punk got over after a while too and became a main eventer as a result. I made AJ Styles win the Cruiserweight title first, and then he spent most of the next year as United States champion.

Low Ki actually just arrived on Smackdown earlier in 2006, and Bryan Danielson just debuted last month in my game. By now, the WWF has become a place where it's not unrealistic to see these types of talent.

So yes, many of them have become main eventers/upper mid-carders, but as you said, I ran out of options.

And nope, I don't have TEW. I tried the trial version, and even though it was really neat, I still stuck with my EWR (and I didn't want to pay for TEW either).

Thanks for reading :)

Smackdown!

November 9th 2006

The crowd roars as the pyro explodes, and another exciting episode of Smackdown! is about to begin! Already announced for tonight is an exciting tag team main event, putting Chad Collyer and Paul London against the team of Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. Tonight, we will also see United States Champion Rodney Mack put his belt on the line against none other than Orlando Jordan!

JC Ice and Scoot Andrews vs Frankie Kazarian and Johnny Stamboli (with Erik Watts)

Match Background: JC Ice and Scoot Andrews have both become servants in the Acid Cult, after being abducted by Sean O’Haire. Trent Acid has somehow managed to manipulate these superstars into doing his bidding. Kazarian and Stamboli have been close to being abducted by O’Haire in the past.

The Match: Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Johnny Stamboli ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. Fallaway slam by Johnny Stamboli puts down Scoot Andrews. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Johnny Stamboli and Frankie Kazarian. Johnny Stamboli scoops up Scoot. Kazarian bounces off the ropes and hits a flying Hart Attack clothesline. There's a two count on the pin. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Scoot blocks a punch. Scoot crushes Kazarian with a running senton. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Scoot Andrews and JC Ice. JC Ice crushes Kazarian with a sweet running senton. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! JC Ice hits a rolling kick on Kazarian. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Kazarian reverses a waistlock. Kazarian uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Kazarian tags out to Johnny Stamboli. JC Ice gets slammed down hard and winces in pain. Tag to Scoot Andrews. BIG clothesline on Scoot. Jamie Noble comes running down the aisle with a chair! Stamboli whips Scoot Andrews into the ropes. Noble jumps onto the apron with the chair! Collision between Noble, Scoot, and the chair! Scoot Andrews staggers back into a roll up! 1...2...3! It's over! JC Ice \ Scoot are left down and out in the ring thanks to the attack of Kazarian, Stamboli and Noble.

My Opinion: The psychology was sound, the work was crisp, but a few awkward moments drag it down to about ****1\2.

Tazz: What the hell was Jamie Noble doing out here?

Cole: The Acid Cult interfered in several of his matches, not to mention he’s their opponent at Survivor Series! I normally cough on outside interference, but I think Jamie Noble has just reasons to be angry.

Winners at 15:01: Johnny Stamboli and Frankie Kazarian

The World’s Greatest Tag Team

Haas and Benjamin are arriving at the arena, and they bump into Paul London.

Benjamin: Look what we have here. It’s one of those wimps who is always crying “That mean old Rhyno won’t give me a title shot whenever I want, waaaa!”

London: It’s not like that and you know it. Come on, Shelton. You’re a former WWF Champion. Wouldn’t you want…

Benjamin: What I wanted when I was champion was to not defend the belt unless it meant something. Rhyno wants the fans to be charged to see his title defenses on pay-per-views. What the hell is wrong with that?

London: It’s an old way of thinking. It worked wonders in the past, but our fans want more in this day and age. They want to see fighting champions, who don’t use old school ways of thinking to hide the fact they are cowards!

Haas: Rhyno, is not a coward. The only coward I can think of is you, London. We’ll see you in the ring tonight.

United States Championship: Rodney Mack © vs Orlando Jordan

Match Background: This match is for the WWF United States title. Rodney Mack has been WWF United States champion since 14 September 2006. Rodney has also been left out of Team Rhyno at Survivor Series under the idea that he’ll be given a singles match at the show.

The Match: Mack slams Orlando Jordan. Jordan powers out of a headlock. Back suplex on Mack. Rodney Mack charges, Jordan moves, and the referee is knocked silly! Front legsweep slam aka The Stroke by Orlando Jordan. Hooks the leg, but the referee is still out! Mack reverses a waistlock. BAAACK Body drop by Jordan gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Spear by Rodney Mack. There's a two count on the pin. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Rodney Mack connects and Orlando Jordan is down! Pin, but Jordan is out just before the three count. Jordan blocks a kick from Rodney Mack. Mack takes a quick lariat. Pin, but Mack is out just before the three count. Rodney Mack reverses a hip toss. Orlando Jordan gets whipped into the corner by Mack, and flips all the way over to the outside! Jordan stays down on the outside, hurt. The referee reaches a ten count, and this one is over.

My Opinion: Almost got a **** match, but was lacking in certain areas, so i'm knocking off a quarter of a star. Yes, there is such a thing as a quarter star. ***3/4.

Cole: That was a damn shame to see the match end that way, but what the hell?

Nunzio and Tracy Smothers come running out with a stretcher. They load Jordan onto the stretcher and strap him down. Jordan comes to a bit and realizes what is going on! They wheel the stretcher up to the top of the ramp, onto the stage (yes, Smackdown has a stage in 2006).

Tazz: Are they going to do what I think they’re going to do?

Cole: Someone needs to stop this!

Tazz’s fears are justified, as the FBI gets a running start and sends Jordan’s stretcher flying off the stage like a torpedo. The stretcher lands on it’s side among a bunch of numerous tables and boxes.

Cole: I cannot believe this! How is Orlando Jordan going to be ready for Survivor Series now!

Real EMT’s come running out to Jordan’s aide, while Nunzio and Smothers quickly exit.

Winner by Count-out at 7:21 and STILL United States Champion: Rodney Mack

More Handicapped Fun

Don Callis, AJ Styles, and Low Ki are sitting in their locker-room, going over some strategies when Rhyno and Mike Sanders come in. Callis and Sanders shake hands.

Sanders: On behalf of SARS, I’d like to thank you again for your help in the ten-man tag at Survivor Series.

Callis: Think nothing of it. My clients here are always in the mood for beating on Chad Collyer and Paul London.

Styles: Especially Paul London.

Low Ki: Yes, both London and Collyer lack honor!

Rhyno: Yeah, well… wait, what’s that racket? (The room is overfilling with loud techno music being played in another locker-room. The group gets up and goes to investigate. They find in the next room, Jimmy Rave and the Blue Meanie are dancing to the music with a few girls that the Meanie must have brought with him. Nova is sitting in an easy chair, reading.

Rhyno: TURN THAT NOISE DOWN! (Blue Meanie just flips Rhyno the bird).

Rhyno gores the Meanie into a locker! The girls all scream and go running out. Meanwhile Low Ki takes the stereo and smashes it into the ground.

Rave: Dammit, man! That was my brand new stereo! I hadn’t even bought the warranty on it!

Rhyno: Want to fight about it!

Rave: Yes, I want to fight about it! It’s one thing to hurt the Blue Meanie, but my stereo is another story!

Meanie: Hey…

Nova: Why don’t you all just leave and let’s call this even.

Sanders: I have a better idea. My team needs to get ready for Survivor Series, so why don’t they get a chance to work as a team. Rave, Nova, you two have a special handicap match tonight It will be against Rhyno, Low Ki, and AJ Styles! Good luck with that, you morons!

Cole: Another handicap match? That’s three in two weeks!

Doug and Danny Basham vs Reno and Chuck Palumbo (with Bill DeMott)

Match Background: Basham Brothers are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. Reno, Palumbo, and DeMott are no longer a part of SARS, but are continuing to work together anyway. The Bashams are hungry for another shot at the WWF Tag Team titles.

The Match: Reno slams Doug Basham down and motions to the crowd. Basham walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag to Chuck Palumbo. Palumbo \ Reno whip Basham into the corner. Chuck Palumbo whips Reno in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. Running knee lift from Chuck Palumbo. Hooks the leg for a two count. Basham is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Doug Basham once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Doug Basham scores with a standing spinebuster. Tag to Danny Basham. Danny Basham with a spinning neckbreaker on Palumbo. Full nelson slam on Palumbo. Palumbo powers out of a headlock. Palumbo tags out to Reno. Massive backbreaker on Danny and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. High Angle DDT by Reno just SPIKES Danny Basham down! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! STIFF~! chop lights up Danny who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Danny counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Spear by Danny Basham. Reno is in big trouble...Double DDT!! 1....2....3!

My Opinion: Ohh, looky. A **3/4 match!

Cole: The Basham Brothers pick up a good victory!

Tazz: It’s obvious to me, Cole, that these two want those tag titles back, and in a bad way!

Winners at 4:19: Doug and Danny Basham

In the back…

Josh Matthews is standing by with Chad Collyer.

Josh: Chad, what are your thoughts on your big tag match tonight against Haas and Benjamin?

Collyer: It’s going to be quite the challenge, but I think Paul and I are up for it. We’ve been through a lot of battles the past couple of months, thanks to Rhyno and SARS, but at Survivor Series our struggle will come to a climatic end!

Josh: Have you and Paul found any new team-mates for Survivor Series.

Collyer: Actually, we have. I cannot wait to see the look on Rhyno’s face when he finds out who it is.

Jimmy Rave and Nova bust in.

Rave: Hey, Chad-man. Low Ki just broke my stereo and I want revenge.

Nova: Well, Rhyno also gored the Blue Meanie and forced us into an unfair handicap match tonight, but sure, just think of the stereo.

Rave: Yeah! We want to be on your team at Survivor Series!

Collyer: I’ll have to discuss this with London first, but I don’t think he’ll mind.

Rave: Yeah!

Collyer: Good luck with the handicap match, guys. I’ve been in your shoes, I know it’s tough. Just remember, Rhyno is obsessive about holding onto his WWF title. Now he’s going to consider you two to be a greater threat. Use his desperation against him!

Nova: Gotcha. Okay, Jimmy, let’s go meet our destiny.

3 on 2 Handicap match: Rhyno, AJ Styles, and Low Ki vs Jimmy Rave and Nova

Match Background: This will be a 3 on 2 handicap bout. Rhyno is the reigning WWF World champion, and has been since 16 July 2006. Rave and Nova are now a part of Team Collyer (assuming Paul London agrees, which the chances are good).

The Match: Rave takes a headbutt from Rhyno. Jimmy Rave charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Tag between Rhyno and Low Ki. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Pin, but Low Ki is out just before the three count. Nova hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Low Ki counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Low Ki tags out to Rhyno. Nova charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Tag between Rhyno and AJ Styles. Styles \ Rhyno whip Nova into the ropes and hit a double back elbow. Styles bounces off the ropes and hits a flying Hart Attack clothesline. Styles uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be Nova kicks AJ Styles in the gut to reverse the momentum. Nova tags out to Jimmy Rave. Rave crushes Styles with a running senton. Tag to Low Ki. Second rope flying axe handle, Low Ki goes down. One day, Rave might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Lightning kick by Rave on Low Ki. Tag between Low Ki and Rhyno.Rhyno flips out of a Jimmy Rave bodyslam attempt. Rhyno scores with a NASTY spinebuster. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Jimmy Rave powers out of a Rhyno headlock. Tag to Nova. Flying elbow from Nova connects. Nova crushes Rhyno with a huge legdrop. Tag to Jimmy Rave. Jimmy Rave and Nova whip Rhyno into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Rhyno powers out of a headlock. Jimmy Rave is in trouble. Gore! 1....2....3.

My Opinion: They definitely need to hook up again, I don't care what anyone says. ***1\2

Cole: Rave and Nova fought valiantly, but they just could not overcome the numbers game!

Tazz: Still, now Rhyno has picked up some experience teaming with Styles and Low Ki. I think momentum has seriously shifted towards Team Rhyno going into Survivor Series.

Winners at 9:14: Rhyno, AJ Styles, and Low Ki

The WWF’s very own cult!

In the back, the Acid Cult has completely darkened one of the locker-rooms. Scoot Andrews, JC Ice, and Sean O’Haire are sitting around Trent Acid, who is reading out of a book.

Acid: The master is angered by recent events. Your loss earlier tonight, and your failures to bring him Kazarian and The Bull. Our master is kind though, as he will give you all a chance for redemption. At Survivor Series, he demands a victory. If that happens, he will bestow his great power onto each of us, and we will become unstoppable!

The light-switch gets turned on and Mike Sanders enters.

Sanders: What the hell are you weirdos doing now! I want some explanations! I want…

Acid: Brother O’Haire, please silence the good GM.

O’Haire gets into Sander’s face. Sanders is anticipating a blow, but O’Haire just raises his finger up to his mouth and makes the “shhh” gesture.

Acid: We are good people, Mr. Sanders. We have our own agenda just like you have yours.

Sanders: Well, it’s getting on my nerves. Remember what I said to you though, no more abductions! If that happens again, you are all fired.

Chad Collyer and Paul London vs Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas

Match Background: Haas and Benjamin are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. These four men will be a part of the main event at Survivor Series, with Rhyno’s inactivity on the line. Haas and Benjamin earned the chance to be in Team Rhyno by defeating Paul London in a handicap match last week.

The Match: Standing leg lariat by Chad Collyer on Shelton. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Hooks the leg for a two count. Collyer tags out to Paul London. Collyer and London whip Shelton into the corner. Chad Collyer whips Paul London in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. There's a two count on the pin. Second rope flying axe handle, Shelton goes down. One day, London might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. London goes for a splash but Shelton puts the knees up. Doctor Bomb and London is hurt. Covers for a quick two count. Shelton tags out to Charlie Haas. Haas crushes London with a huge legdrop. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Paul London charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Paul London once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. London hits a dropkick on Charlie Haas and gets right back up. Tag between Paul London and Chad Collyer. Chad Collyer connects with a back heel kick on Haas and gets back up quickly. Tag between Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin. Spin kick by Chad Collyer to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Shelton Benjamin slides out and grabs a chair! Collyer goes to climb out of the ring...and takes a chair to the head! The referee has no hesitation in calling for the bell! Disqualification.

Cole: Damn that Shelton Benjamin! That was uncalled for, and wait… what’s that music? I would know that music from anywhere!

Kurt Angle just came out of nowhere with a chair! Shelton Benjamin turns...and gets planted with a big shot to the head! Charlie Haas runs over...but also gets dropped with a vicious chair shot! Kurt Angle has put Haas and Benjamin down by himself!

Tazz: It’s KURT ANGLE! What the hell, it’s Kurt Angle back in the WWF!

Cole: We haven’t see Kurt Angle in over two years! He must be the team-mate that Chad Collyer was hinting towards earlier!

Tazz: Collyer was right, I would love to see the look on Rhyno’s face right now!

In the ring, Angle has the ankle-lock in place on Shelton Benjamin. Benjamin is tapping out. Meanwhile, Collyer and London send Haas outside to the floor. Angle lets go of Benjamin and embraces with Collyer and London. Rave and Nova also limp their way to the ring and join in. Kurt Angle spins around and looks overjoyed to be back!

My Opinion: This match had it all! Big bumps, incredible, crisp moves, sound psychology. Simply one of the best matches of the year. *****!

Winners by DQ at 17:55: Chad Collyer and Paul London

In the back, we see Mike Sanders, Rhyno, Don Callis, AJ Styles, Low Ki, and Rodney Mack watching the monitor. Rhyno looks as if he’s seen a ghost.

Sweet. 5 star match!

:) Yep. Now if only that would happen on a pay-per-view...

Final Survivor Series Card:

Rhyno, AJ Styles, Low Ki, Shelton Benjamin, and Charlie Haas vs

Chad Collyer, Kurt Angle, Paul London, Jimmy Rave, and Nova

Chris Benoit, Steve Corino, Adam Hastey, and Austin Lee vs

Shawn Michaels, Bryan Danielson, J.R. Ryder, and Brian Kendrick

Trent Acid, Sean O'Haire, JC Ice, and Scoot Andrews vs

Johnny Stamboli, Jamie Noble, Frankie Kazarian, and Ultimo Dragon

Randy Orton and John Jeter vs Test and Chris Chetti

WWF Tag Team Championship: Ken Shamrock and Simon Diamond vs The Basham Brothers

Tommy Dreamer, CM Punk, Julio Dinero, Lance Storm, and Frank Shamrock vs

Matt Hardy, Matt Stryker, Rico, Lodi, and Ozzy Benton

Inferno Match: Orlando Jordan vs Nunzio

Raw

November 13th 2006

The music plays, the pyro explodes, and the half-filled arena is thrilled to be at another exciting episode of Monday Night Raw! Mike Tenay and Al Snow welcome us to the program and hype Survivor Series, this Sunday, live and only on pay-per-view! Some big matches have been named for tonight, including J.R. Ryder, Brian Kendrick, and Bryan Danielson vs Steve Corino, Adam Hastey, and Austin Lee as tonight’s main event. We will also see World Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit in action. But first…

CM Punk and Julio Dinero (with Raven) vs The New Rainbow Express (with Ozzy Benton)

Match Background: Last week the New Rainbow Express won a three-way tag match by interference from Ozzy Benton. CM Punk and Julio Dinero were in that match, and participated in beating down all Rico, Lodi, and Ozzy after the match, along with the other participants, Lance Storm and Frank Shamrock.

The Match: Julio Dinero takes a right hand to the temple from Rico. I bet those hurt more than Sgt. Slaughter's Noogies. Rico hits a right hand on Julio Dinero. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Rico and Lodi. The New Rainbow Express whip Dinero into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. There's a two count on the pin. Julio Dinero takes a knee lift from Lodi. *sigh* Running knee lifts always remind me of the late Curt Hennig. Dinero blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Flying cross body off the top rope! There's a two count on the pin. Tag to CM Punk. SUPER frankensteiner on Lodi, who hit hard and is loopy as a result. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. BAAACK Body drop by Lodi gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. CM Punk misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Punk takes a hard, stinging chop from Lodi. One word: Ow. Lodi tags out to Rico. Uninspired brawling from Rico. Tag to Julio Dinero. Rico hits an arm drag on Dinero, follows it up with about 3 more and locks in an armbar for good measure. Rico grapples with Julio Dinero, and positions himself so that the referee can't see...and hits a low blow! He rolls up the stunned Julio Dinero: 1....2....3!! What a cheap shot!

My Opinion: I can be generous sometimes. Well, depends on your definition of generous. **1/4.

Tenay: Rico just stole that victory from Julio Dinero!

Snow: And look at those three cowards! Rico, Lodi, and Ozzy are leaving before any revenge can be taken on them!

Winners at 4:31: The New Rainbow Express

The Beautiful People

In the back, Test, Christian, and Chris Chetti are walking through the backstage area, when they stumble into Randy Orton.

Christian: Randy, my man! You, my friend, are a good looking man! I think we’d have a spot in the Beautiful People for you!

Randy: No thanks. I’ve been seeing what you’ve been doing to Trish Stratus and other Raw divas. Unlike you, I respect women.

Test: C’mon, Randy. It’s not that we disrespect women… we just plain hate them!

Chetti: Yeah, women are good for one thing and one thing only… and I think you all know what I mean. (The group starts laughing)

Christian: Yeah, doing laundry, and that’s about it!

Randy: You three make me sick. Besides, what kind of man doesn’t want women around? Hmmm…

Test: What are you implying?

Randy: Only the obvious.

Things are about to get tense when Shawn Michaels enters the scene.

HBK: Whoa, now! The last thing I want is another brawl back here! First off, “Beautiful People” I’ve got a bone to pick with you. Interference in two consecutive matches? That’s ridiculous. And you, Chris Chetti? On your first night? Do you want to get fired!?!

Chetti: NO! I was just…

HBK: Shut up, I can’t stand to listen to any more explanations. Test, Chetti, you two have a match at Survivor Series. I want you to take on John Jeter and Randy Orton. Orton has already learned the cost of outside interference, and it’s your turn now. Should you two lose the match, both of you are fired. Likewise, Christian, tonight you go one on one with Randy Orton. I will fire all three of you on the spot if there is any interference tonight. Got it.

Chetti: You mean my job is on the line already!

HBK: Yeah. Welcome to Raw!

Women’s Championship: Victoria © (with Stevie Richards) vs Alexis Laree

Match Background: This match is for the WWF Womens title. Victoria has been WWF Womens champion since 25 September 2006. Since there won’t be a Women’s title match at Survivor Series, HBK booked a title defense for Victoria tonight.

The Match: Victoria slams Alexis Laree. Laree counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Alexis Laree connects with a back heel kick on Victoria and gets back up quickly. Victoria reverses an irish whip...and Alexis Laree runs into the referee! Diamond Dust from Alexis Laree and Victoria is out! Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Victoria reverses a hip toss. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Alexis Laree by Victoria. Remember when that was a legit finish? Victoria hits a piledriver on Alexis Laree. That used to end matches, you know. Covers for a quick two count. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Victoria connects and Alexis Laree is down! Pin, but Laree is out just before the three count. Laree counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Flying reverse elbow by Alexis Laree. Pin, but Victoria is out just before the three count. Laree charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Alexis Laree can barely stand. Vertical Suplex! 1....2....3. Victoria remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

My Opinion: *** rating for an above average match.

Tenay: I must admit, that was an impressive match. Victoria defended her belt without cheating or without help from Stevie Richards.

Snow: Alexis fought tooth and nail as well. This match showcased the very best of our Women’s division.

Winner at 6:19 and STILL Women’s Champion: Victoria

It All Comes Together

In the back, Lance Storm, Frank Shamrock, CM Punk, and Julio Dinero are sitting around, waiting for someone. Tommy Dreamer comes in.

Dreamer: Now I bet you’re all wondering why I asked you in here tonight.

Storm: We have a pretty good idea.

Dreamer: Yeah, I was hoping you could be my team-mates at Survivor Series, against Team Mattitude.

Punk: Ah God, you don’t have to ask me twice. I’m in.

Julio: Me too.

Shamrock: Count me in. I’d like to get my hands at the Intercontinental Championship, and if Matt Stryker is in the match, I’ll at least get a shot at him.

Storm: You have my support, Tommy. I have more respect for you than just about anyone in this world.

Dreamer: That’s awesome. Shawn Michaels was right, I had no problem putting a team together. I wonder how Hardy and Stryker are doing…

Non-title Match: Chris Benoit vs Billy Kidman

Match Background: Chris Benoit is the reigning World Heavyweight champion, and has been since 27 June 2006. HBK made this match to warm Benoit up for Survivor Series, as HBK wants to fight Benoit at his very best.

The Match: Vicious back suplex! Billy Kidman got nailed big time! Chris Benoit brings out a jumping powerbomb to nearly murder Kidman in the ring! DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Chris Benoit just KILLS Billy Kidman! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. BIG clothesline on Kidman. There's a two count on the pin. Billy Kidman fights out of a grapple. Kidman uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Spinning bulldog in the corner and Benoit is down! Kidman goes for a splash but Benoit puts the knees up. Nice piledriver on Kidman. Chris Benoit floors Billy Kidman. Crippler Crossface!!! Billy Kidman taps out! Chris Benoit slides to the outside and grabs a chair, then climbs back into the ring. Kidman turns around...and gets planted with a huge chair shot to the head! He is left down and out on the canvas.

My Opinion: Solid bout, but they could do a lot better. ***

Tenay: The frustration of Chris Benoit has never been more evident! He just took out all of his rage on Kidman!

Snow: First Michaels puts him in a must-win match at Survivor Series, with Evolution’s existence on the line, then teams him up with an enemy in Steve Corino, and then starts teaming up his Evolution friends with Corino in tonight’s main event! I’d be more scared if Benoit wasn’t pissed!

Winner at 7:42: Chris Benoit

Another team assembled…

Rico and Lodi are exiting their dressing room, when Ozzy Benton comes back… with Matt Hardy and Matt Stryker with him. Stryker and Hardy are eager to shake Rico and Lodi’s hands.

Hardy: Matt and I just wanted to thank you for your support.

Stryker: Yes, we know we’re not very popular backstage here, but it’s nice to know that someone out there will have our backs.

Mattitude 2.0 exit.

Rico: Ozzy… what was that all about?

Ozzy: Oh, no need to thank me. I just got us involved in a big match!

Lodi: Wait…did you do what I think you did?

Ozzy: I got us a spot on Survivor Series! We’re now teaming up with Hardy and Stryker in that ten-man tag match!

Rico: Ozzy-honey… are you aware that the other team consists of everyone who beat us down after that three-way last week?

Ozzy: It’ll be great, and… what?!? When did that get announced!?!

Lodi: Probably while you were dealing with Mattitude! Argh, we’re dead!

Ozzy: Oh crap.

Tenay: Now that’s funny! Ozzy thought he was doing his clients a favor, but now they are going to be fed to the wolves at Survivor Series!

Randy Orton vs Christian

Match Background: Randy Orton is facing Christian’s companions in a tag match at Survivor Series. Due to outside interference, Chris Chetti and Test will have to win that match if they want to remain employed.

The Match: Orton takes a back suplex. Christian drives a HARD forearm into the chest of Orton. Randy Orton takes a butterfly suplex from Christian. Orton gets caught with a short powerbomb from Christian. Randy Orton powers out of a Christian headlock. A Gut buster connects on Christian and hits hard. Orton hits a piledriver on Christian. That used to end matches, you know. Hooks the leg for a two count. Christian ducks a wild right hand. Orton walks into a jaw breaker. Covers for a quick two count. Front legsweep slam aka The Stroke by Christian. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Christian walks into a drop toe hold. Randy Orton hits some punches. How generic. Christian counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Big dropkick by Christian, who got a ton of air on the move. Randy Orton slams Christian, who rolls onto his stomach. What is Christian doing? Randy Orton picks him up and signals for a powerbomb. He raises Christian up...but then falls backward, getting crushed by his opponent in the process! Christian is on top! 1....2....3

My Opinion: Smack dab in the middle of the star spectrum for an average match. **1\2.

Tenay: This isn’t a good sign for Survivor Series! Christian just pinned the man his companions need to beat at Survivor Series.

Winner at 4:59: Christian

Evolution will never die.

In the back, Jonathan Coachman is standing by with Steve Corino, Adam Hastey, and Austin Lee.

Coach: You three have a huge match coming up next against your opponents at Survivor Series. How do you feel about your chances, and this odd alliance you’ve formed?

Corino: Adam, Austin, and I have already proven ourselves to be an effective working unit, and I have made things clear with Benoit. There is nothing odd about this alliance one bit. At Survivor Series, we shall prevail and I shall become the newest member of this legendary group.

Austin: That’s about all there is to it. I just also want to mention that every second that J.R. Ryder remains on Raw, is agonizing to me. He’s a Smackdown superstar and needs to go back to where he came from! I just want to remind him and “Spanky” that Adam and I are going to be coming back after those tag team titles! And when we win them back, it’s goodbye to Ryder!

Adam: Damn right. And as far as tonight goes, I think everyone in the audience will be in for a treat. That’s because we’re going to give them a preview of Survivor Series, because we’re going to lay waste to HBK’s merry men the same way we will this Sunday on pay-per-view!

Meanwhile…

Christian is returning to his locker-room all excited, but stops dead in his tracks. Chetti and Test have been knocked out and the room has been trashed. There is also marker writing on the wall, and it says “Christian, hope you get used to being all alone. See you at Survivor Series. –John and Trish” Christian becomes very pissed off and starts throwing things around.

J.R. Ryder, Brian Kendrick, and Bryan Danielson vs Steve Corino, Adam Hastey, and Austin Lee

Match Background: R & S Connection are the reigning World Tag Team champions, and have been since 25 September 2006. This match is a preview for the Raw main event at Survivor Series.

The Match: J.R. Ryder strikes Corino. Spin kick by J.R. Ryder to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Tag between J.R. Ryder and Bryan Danielson. Flying elbow from Bryan Danielson connects. Lightning kick by Danielson on Corino. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Bryan Danielson and Brian Kendrick. Danielson \ Kendrick whip Corino into the ropes and hit a double back elbow. Flying elbow from Brian Kendrick connects. Kendrick walks into a drop toe hold. Steve Corino with a spinning neckbreaker on Kendrick. Tag to Adam Hastey. Hastey uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Vicious chokeslam byAdam Hastey! I'd compare it to Akira Taue, but then that would start another argument on the TSM Forums. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Kendrick takes a flying neckbreaker from Adam Hastey. Hastey tags out to Austin Lee. Standing leg lariat by Austin Lee on Kendrick. Second rope flying axe handle, Kendrick goes down. One day, Lee might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Austin Lee gets taken down out of nowhere! Tag between Brian Kendrick and J.R. Ryder. Ryder hits a dropkick on Austin Lee and gets right back up. Lee tags out to Steve Corino. Ryder takes a headbutt from Steve Corino. Nice piledriver on Ryder. Steve Corino moves in for the kill. Old School Expulsion! 1....2....3.

My Opinion: Some blown spots really drag this match down a notch, so its ***1\2 for you.

Tenay: Steve Corino picked up the win!

Snow: You know, Corino has proven himself to be a very worthwhile addition to Evolution. This is not the first match he’s won for Evolution.

Tenay: The scary thing is that he didn’t even cheat to win this week. I’m scared for what could go down at Survivor Series!

Winners at 24:21: Steve Corino, Adam Hastey, and Austin Lee

Tenay: Speaking of Survivor Series, let’s run down the card for this Sunday.

Eight Man Elimination Tag Match (Evolution on the line): Shawn Michaels, Bryan Danielson, J.R. Ryder, and Brian Kendrick vs Chris Benoit, Adam Hastey, Austin Lee, and Steve Corino

Randy Orton and John Jeter vs Test and Chris Chetti

Ten Man Elimination Tag Match: Tommy Dreamer, CM Punk, Julio Dinero, Frank Shamrock, and Lance Storm vs Matt Hardy, Matt Stryker, Rico, Lodi, and Ozzy Benton

Snow: That’s it for tonight! See you at Survivor Series!

Smackdown!

November 16th 2006

The pyro explodes and the last Smackdown before Survivor Series begins! Michael Cole and Tazz welcome us to the program, and are all excited because tonight Paul London is getting a shot against United States Champion Rodney Mack. Also on the card, Jimmy Rave wants sweet revenge against the man who destroyed his precious stereo last week, Low Ki. But first…

Angle Returns!

Kurt Angle’s music plays and Cole and Tazz get all excited at the sight of Angle and his pyro exploding for the first time in years! It’s been long enough that many in the crowd aren’t quite sure how to react to Angle, but he gets a decent pop. Angle gleefully makes his way into the ring and grabs a microphone.

Angle: It’s been over two years, but Kurt Angle is back in the WWF, baby! I know a lot of you might be new fans and not quite remember who I am, but let me fill you in. I’m the first ever Olympic Gold Medal winner to ever compete in the WWF! I am a former WWF Champion, Intercontinental Champion, European Champion, Tag Team Champion, and King of the Ring! I’ve been gone for a couple of years, but I just recently signed a new WWF contract with Shane McMahon, and he gave me my choice of whether I wanted to return to Smackdown or become a Raw superstar! I thought long and hard, and I knew I had to return to Smackdown! Not only is Smackdown my home, but there is a grave injustice going on here. That injustice is the lousy excuse for a WWF Champion in Rhyno! Who does he think he is… (Angle is cut off by the music of Shelton Benjamin).

Shelton: Kurt, my man! Remember me? I’m your former protégé!

Angle: Yes, Shelton. I see you’ve come such a long way too! That was sarcasm, if you couldn’t tell.

Shelton: Well, Kurt, I couldn’t. Maybe it’s because the last time you were in a WWF ring, you were busy staring at the ceiling while I pinned you to win the WWF Championship!

Angle: Thanks for bringing that up, Shelton. That sounds like a challenge to me. Why don’t you get your worthless BUTT down to this ring and step up to me like a real man!

Shelton follows Angle’s advice, and rushes the ring. The two start brawling. Angle takes the advantage and grounds Shelton. As Angle turns around, Rhyno has come out of no where. Rhyno nails a nasty GORE on Angle, and he’s down. Rhyno takes the microphone and crawls onto Angle.

Rhyno: Well, if it isn’t my old buddy, KURT ANGLE! Let ME be the FIRST to welcome you back to MY SHOW! Things have CHANGED since you’ve been gone. You think I’m a WORTHLESS Champion?!? We’ll see at SURVIVOR SERIES. I’ll GORE YOUR ASS then just like I did NOW!

Cole: This wasn’t exactly the homecoming that Angle was expecting!

Tazz: Rhyno is showing that he’ll back down to no one!

Cole: Unless they are looking to challenge for his title.

Tazz: Shut up, Cole.

Nunzio vs Sonjay Dutt

Match Background: Nunzio is preparing for his Inferno match against Orlando Jordan at Survivor Series. Last week, Nunzio and Tracy Smothers launched Jordan off the stage on a stretcher.

The Match: Nunzio gets up and gives a Belly to belly suplex to Nunzio. Sonjay Dutt just WALKS into a stiff lariat clothesline from Nunzio. Nunzio snap suplexes Dutt. Hooks the leg for a two count. Stun Gun from Nunzio! I still can't believe that was Austin's finisher at one point. Covers for a quick two count. Dutt blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Sonjay Dutt kicks the leg, knocks Nunzio down, and goes to work on it. There's a two count on the pin. Lightning kick by Dutt on Nunzio. Nunzio counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. NASTY Tiger Suplex by Nunzio on Dutt. Nunzio floors Sonjay Dutt. Sicillian Crab!!! Sonjay Dutt taps out! Nunzio remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

My Opinion: I'll give this a ***1\4 rating. If I left it up to you, you'd probably think it was the greatest match ever! Keep trying...

Tazz: Nunzio picked up an impressive win. He’s got the momentum heading into Survivor Series.

Cole: I’m not even sure Orlando Jordan will make it this Sunday. We haven’t heard anything on his condition since Nunzio and Smothers attacked him last week.

Winner at 6:12: Nunzio

The Remnants of SARS

Mike Sanders and Rhyno are in the SARS locker-room when Rodney Mack comes up to him.

Rodney: Sanders! What is this I hear that I’m not on the card at Survivor Series!

Sanders: Sorry, Rodney. There just wasn’t room for you.

Rodney: The hell there wasn’t! You promised me a chance to defend my title at the pay-per-view as the reason for not including me in Team Rhyno! What’s the deal!

Rhyno: Relax! Why are you in such a rush to defend your title anyway?

Rodney: I enjoy defending the United States title! It’s thrilling! I don’t live in mortal fear of losing my title like you do.

Rhyno: I DO NOT LIVE IN FEAR! You are starting to sound A LOT like the members of TEAM COLLYER, Rodney. Just who’s side are you on anways?

Rodney: Yours.

Rhyno: Then shut up and enjoy defending your belt against Paul London. And don’t go crying to me if you lose the belt, since you put yourself in this position by agreeing to defend it.

Jimmy Rave vs Low Ki

Match Background: Jimmy Rave is out for revenge because Low Ki destroyed his new stereo last week. Less importantly, they are opponents in the ten-man tag match at Survivor Series ;)

The Match: A Gut buster connects on Rave and hits hard. Low Ki almost belly-to-belly suplexes Jimmy Rave through the mat. What? It's possible. Hooks the leg for a two count. Rave powers out of a headlock. Rave just WAFFLES Low Ki with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Hard back suplex on Low Ki. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Hooks the leg for a two count. Low Ki walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one though? Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Jimmy Rave hits a rolling kick on Low Ki. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Jimmy Rave gets taken down out of nowhere! T-Bone suplex by Low Ki, Rave got folded in half to the point that he was almost able to fellate himself. Mighty impressive, don't you think? Hooks the leg for a two count. Low Ki scores with a NASTY spinebuster. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Jimmy Rave takes a butterfly suplex from Low Ki. Low Ki connects with a HARD right hand, sending the opponent down to the mat again. Rave counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Second rope flying axe handle, Low Ki goes down. One day, Rave might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Tor-NADO DDT from Jimmy Rave, Low Ki got planted! Low Ki gets whipped into the corner by Rave, who charges in with a clothesline. Low Ki grabs the referee and pulls him in the way! The referee calls for the DQ as he collapses to the mat in pain.

Cole: That hypocrite, Low Ki, just got himself disqualified. I suppose this is his idea of being honorable?

Low Ki gets out of the ring and walks off, having taken the cheap way out. Nova comes running down the aisle, and gets into the ring! Nova spins Low Ki around. Nova hits the Spin Doctor! Low Ki has been left down on the canvas.

My Opinion: Some blown spots really drag this match down a notch, so its ***1\2 for you.

Tazz: Nova just took out Low Ki!

Cole: Tensions are high all around going into Survivor Series this Sunday!

Winner by DQ at 7:31: Jimmy Rave

The Cult is at it again…

Erik Watts is walking through the backstage area on his own, when suddenly Trent Acid and JC Ice jump him. The push him up against the wall and Acid looks mad.

Acid: I’m torn right now, Erik. My master insists we abduct you tonight, but he also insists we remain employed by Smackdown. I just wanted to let you know that the only thing keeping you from joining us is Mike Sanders and his pitiful threats. Tell your boy, Johnny The Bull, that at Survivor Series, we are all under strict orders to make sure he never wrestles again.

The evil duo push Watts down, and leave.

Cole: I’ve had enough of this! I’m not sure if Trent Acid really believes he’s under the control of a demon or if he’s just manipulating these other superstars, but he needs to be stopped!

Tazz: Sanders has already put an end to the abductions, what more do you want?

Cole: What I want is for Sean O’Haire, JC Ice, and Scoot Andrews to go back to normal! Smackdown was a much better place before we had the Acid Cult terrorizing the backstage area!

Jamie Noble and Ultimo Dragon vs Sean O'Haire and Scoot Andrews

Match Background: Jamie Noble is the reigning WWF Cruiserweight champion, and has been since 28 September 2006. O’Haire abducted Ultimo Dragon months ago as ordered by Trent Acid.

The Match: Scoot takes a flying neckbreaker from Ultimo Dragon. Super kick by Ultimo Dragon. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag between Ultimo Dragon and Jamie Noble. Noble \ Ultimo whip Scoot into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Jamie Noble hits a rolling kick on Scoot. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Hooks the leg for a two count. Jamie Noble gets up and gives a Belly to belly suplex to Noble. Scoot counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! SHINING WIZARD~! on Noble by Scoot! Scoot tags out to Sean O'Haire. BIG clothesline on Noble. Full nelson slam on Noble. Noble blocks a kick from Sean O'Haire. Tag to Ultimo Dragon. O'Haire takes a quick lariat. Tiger suplex on O'Haire. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, Bloody Hell! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! O'Haire gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Ultimo! O'Haire counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Spinebuster by Sean O'Haire. Sean O'Haire moves in for the kill. Here it comes - Prophecy. 1....2...3, it's finished.

My Opinion: A ***3/4 rating! Yay!

Cole: Look at that. The Acid Cult picks up a victory, and the momentum, heading into Survivor Series.

Tazz: Hold on, Cole. Look at this…

Sean O’Haire is looking up to the sky, when he suddenly collapses. Trent Acid and JC Ice come out to the ring and help lift him up.

Tazz: When O’Haire has served his purpose, it would seem that his “master” puts him to sleep.

Cole: Listen to yourself! Don’t tell me you’re buying this crap! I refuse to believe there is any demon controlling them, I just think Trent Acid has somehow hypnotized these poor superstars into believing this!

Winners at 11:45: Scoot Andrews and Sean O’Haire

Chad Collyer vs Charlie Haas (with Shelton Benjamin)

Match Background: Charlie Haas is a member of Team Rhyno, and will be battling Team Collyer at Survivor Series.

The Match: Collyer is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Standing leg lariat by Charlie Haas on Collyer. Flying elbow from Charlie Haas connects. Charlie Haas hits a rolling kick on Collyer. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Collyer ducks a wild right hand. Flying elbow from Chad Collyer connects. Collyer crushes Haas with a running senton. There's a two count on the pin. Haas reverses a Chad Collyer hammerlock. Haas crushes Collyer with a huge legdrop. There's a two count on the pin. DDT from the top rope by Charlie Haas. That looked KILLER. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Charlie Haas misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. STIFF high kick on Haas by Chad Collyer. Haas blocks a kick from Chad Collyer. Haas hits a dropkick on Chad Collyer and gets right back up. Shelton Benjamin jumps into the ring! Chad Collyer turns around. Shelton Benjamin spins Collyer around. Shelton Benjamin hits the Super Kick! Shelton leaves the ring, the damage done! ONE...TWO...THREE. Haas defeats Collyer. Haas and Shelton are putting the boots to Chad Collyer.

My Opinion: A badly blown spot prevents me from giving out more snowflakes. ***3/4

Cole: Someone should stop this! Haas and Benjamin are beating down Collyer!

Paul London runs in to make the save, but Haas and Benjamin slide out of the ring. London helps Collyer to his feet, and threats are exchanged.

Winner at 10:56: Charlie Haas

#1 Contendership for WWF Tag Team Championship: Doug and Danny Basham vs Mark and Jay Briscoe

Match Background: Basham Brothers are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. The winners of this match will face Ken Shamrock and Simon Diamond at Survivor Series.

Before the match begins, Diamond and Shamrock join Cole and Tazz at the commentary booth.

Tazz: Welcome! It’s a pleasure to have you here.

Simon: It’s a pleasure to be here.

Shamrock: Hm.

Simon: Don’t mind him.

The Match: J.Briscoe uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! J.Briscoe crushes Danny with a huge legdrop. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe. Briscoe Boys whip Danny into the ropes and hit a double back elbow. Second rope flying axe handle, Danny goes down. One day, M.Briscoe might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Covers for a quick two count. STIFF high kick on Danny by Mark Briscoe.

Cole: So gentlemen, any preference in who wins this match?

Simon: It doesn’t really matter, Cole. Both of these teams suck, and we will easily defeat the winners of this match at Survivor Series. Don’t forget, Shamrock and I are the greatest team in the history of Raw and we’re well on our way to becoming the greatest team in the history of Smackdown!

Shamrock: Hmm.

Danny counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Spear! M.Briscoe is down! Danny tags out to Doug Basham. BAAACK Body drop by M.Briscoe gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Doug Basham hits a bulldog off the ropes. Mark Briscoe comes up with a right hand out of nowhere.

Simon: Look at how the Bashams are struggling against these Briscoe brats! Shamrock and I would’ve had them beaten by now!

Tag between Mark Briscoe and Jay Briscoe. Spinning bulldog in the corner and Basham is down! Tiger suplex on Basham. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, Bloody Hell! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Jay Briscoe kicks the leg, knocks Basham down, and goes to work on it. J.Briscoe drops an elbow...but Doug Basham moves out of the way. Massive backbreaker on J.Briscoe and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. Jay Briscoe is in big trouble...Double DDT!! 1....2....3!

My Opinion: Tremendous tag team contest! The experience of both teams paid off, and a ***3/4 rating is warranted!

Cole: So that’s it! The Basham Brothers are challenging you at Survivor Series.

Simon: Awesome, dandy. Best of luck to them.

Shamrock: Hmm?

Simon: Of course I’m kidding, come on, let’s beat the crap out of them.

Shamrock and Diamond rush the ring with their tag titles. The Bashams are celebrating, when they are both simultaneously taken down by belt shots to the heads by the Tag Team Champions! Shamrock and Diamond pose with the belts over the two Bashams.

Winners at 8:38: Doug and Danny Basham

United States Championship: Rodney Mack © vs Paul London

Match Background: This match is for the WWF United States title. Rodney Mack has been WWF United States champion since 14 September 2006. These two met at Fully Loaded in July for the U.S. belt, where Rodney Mack won it for the first time from London.

The Match: Fallaway slam by Rodney Mack puts down Paul London. Big piledriver on London. Covers for a quick two count. Mack goes for a splash but London puts the knees up. Spinning back kick from Paul London. Mack takes a flying neckbreaker from Paul London. Hooks the leg for a two count. Springboard dropkick from Paul London. Nicely done. Pin, but Mack is out just before the three count. Flying elbow from Paul London connects. Rodney Mack fights out of a grapple. London walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. There's a two count on the pin. Rodney Mack scores with a big spinebuster. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Mack slams Paul London down and motions to the crowd. Mack scoops and slams Paul London. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Rodney Mack misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Paul London hits a rolling kick on Mack. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Tor-NADO DDT from Paul London, Mack got planted! Paul London has Rodney Mack down on the canvas and is ascending the corner. Off the top - London Calling, forget about it. 1....2...3!

Cole: We have a new United States Champion! Paul London is has won the title for the third time!

AJ Styles comes running down the aisle with a chair, and gets into the ring! Styles hits London with a chair to the back! Paul London goes down to the canvas, hurt. This brings out Chad Collyer, who rushes to make the save. This calls out Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin who jump Collyer. This brings out Jimmy Rave and Nova, which brings out Low Ki and Rhyno. A brawl erupts, and Kurt Angle comes rushing out to join the chaos!

Cole: All ten men who will be fighting over the future of Smackdown at Survivor Series are brawling in the ring!

Tazz: They are out of control! How is the referee going to keep this from happening this Sunday!

Referees come pouring into the ring to try and stop the chaos. They separate the two groups, but Kurt Angle and Shelton Benjamin fall to the outside. Angle grabs a chair, and Shelton flees. The show ends with Kurt Angle waving the chair in triumph.

Winner at 14:42 and NEW United States Champion: Paul London

As the show goes off the air, a special hype video for Survivor Series plays. It runs down the final card:

Rhyno, AJ Styles, Low Ki, Shelton Benjamin, and Charlie Haas vs Chad Collyer, Kurt Angle, Paul London, Jimmy Rave, and Nova

Inferno Match: Orlando Jordan vs Nunzio

Sean O’Haire, Trent Acid, JC Ice, and Scoot Andrews vs Johnny Stamboli, Jamie Noble, Ultimo Dragon, and Frankie Kazarian

WWF Tag Team Championship: Ken Shamrock and Simon Diamond © vs Doug and Danny Basham

Coming up next: Survivor Series!

Guest Prof_Plague
Yay!  ...And Collyer lost.  ...Huh.

Yes, Chad Collyer does lose the occasional match. I wouldn't want the fans turning on him ;)

Yeah, true.

Survivor Series

November 19th 2006

First, it’s time for Sunday Night Heat! Josh Matthews and Stacy Kiebler host the festivities, which include Stacy worrying to a great extent whether or not Orlando Jordan would be making it to the pay-per-view tonight. The show highlights:

-Rhyno’s history with the WWF Championship.

-The dramatic return of Kurt Angle.

-Footage of numerous Evolution beat-downs.

-Tension between Steve Corino and Chris Benoit

-Recapping the debut of Chris Chetti.

Mike Tenay and Al Snow take their places at the commentators booth.

Billy Kidman vs Johnny C.

Match Background: Special Heat match, designed to pop the crowd and try and influence some fans watching at home to call their local cable providers and hook them up with Survivor Series, which will be starting in about ten minutes. This is the first time we’ve seen Johnny C. since he and Bubba Ray Dudley were made victims to another base-ball bat attack from Adam Hastey and Austin Lee.

The Match: A good little pop-corn match. Johnny C. is a skilled technician and Billy Kidman is a solid performer. Johnny picks up some momentum and gets several near-falls on Kidman. Finally, Kidman knocks Johnny down and climbs to the top-rope for the Shooting Star Press. Kidman gets the win, and the live crowd pops.

Tenay: Kidman delivers a beautiful shooting star press to end the match!

Snow: That was a pay-per-view caliber performance, folks, Kidman and Johnny C. are really stepping up to the plate!

Tenay: That’s right!

Winner at 6:12: Billy Kidman

With that, a hype video for Survivor Series plays. It’s set to the big new single by Ill Nino, and it hypes both the Team Rhyno vs Team Collyer match as well as Evolution vs HBK’s Merry Men.

SURVIVOR SERIES BEGINS!

Pyro explodes and the capacity arena is thrilled. Tenay and Snow welcome us and thank us for joining them on pay-per-view!

Team Dreamer vs Team Hardy

Match Background: Team Dreamer consists of Tommy Dreamer, CM Punk, Julio Dinero, Frank Shamrock, and Lance Storm. Team Hardy consists of Matt Hardy Version 1.0, Matt Stryker, Rico, Lodi, and Ozzy Benton. This will be a survivor series bout. Matt Stryker is the reigning WWF Intercontinental champion, and has been since 30 October 2006.

The Match: First Fall : Running clothesline on Tommy Dreamer from Rico was actually MIGHTY sloppy. Weak bodyslam by Rico. Covers for a quick two count. Dreamer flips out of a Rico bodyslam attempt. Tommy Dreamer scores with a big spinebuster. Tommy Dreamer moves in for the kill. Here it comes - Dreamer Driver. 1....2...3, it's finished.

Snow: Rico was eliminated within minutes!

Tenay: There is a lot of heat on the members of the New Rainbow Express after the way they have acted the past couple of weeks.

Second Fall : Dinero walks into a spinning heel kick which almost causes a decapitation! Flying elbow off the top rope by Lodi, getting as close to zero air as possible. Hooks the leg for a two count. Dinero powers out of a headlock. Powerbomb on Lodi. Julio Dinero moves in for the kill. Theater of Dreams!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!!

Snow: Both Rico and Lodi have been eliminated!

Tenay: Everyone in Team Dreamer are out to get the Rainbow Express for their cheating ways!

Third Fall : Spinning back kick from Lance Storm. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. There's a two count on the pin. Benton counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Side suplex from Benton. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Lance Storm once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Gutwrench into a stomach breaker. Benton may be winded. ONE...TWO...THREE. Storm defeats Benton.

Tenay: And Ozzy Benton has been eliminated! Hardy and Stryker are in big trouble, as this match has turned into a five on two affair!

Fourth Fall : Running knee lift from Matt Hardy Version 1.0. Massive back suplex! CM Punk got snapped in half, but not literally because that would just end the match now wouldn't it. Covers for a quick two count. Punk counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Spear! Hardy is down! CM Punk sets Matt Hardy Version 1.0 up in the corner. Pepsi Plunge, forget about it. 1....2...3!

Tenay: Could you see the panic in Matt Hardy’s eyes? He knew he was in trouble!

Snow: But look at Matt Stryker! I don’t think Stryker has been intimidated one bit!

Fifth Fall : Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Matt Stryker by Dinero. Remember when that was a legit finish? Spear by Julio Dinero. Covers for a quick two count. Matt Stryker once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Slingshot senton by Stryker, crushing the chest cavity of Dinero. Julio Dinero is in trouble. Stryker Driver! 1....2....3.

Tenay: You may not like Matt Stryker, but what a show of guts from him! He was down one against five, yet he managed to pick up a victory over Julio Dinero!

Sixth Fall : Vertical suplex on Stryker by Lance Storm. There's a two count on the pin. Stryker walks into a stiff sit-out jaw breaker. Emerald Fusion by Lance Storm on Stryker! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Matt Stryker fights out of a grapple. Storm reverses an irish whip...and Matt Stryker runs into the referee! Lance Storm can barely stand. Stryker Driver!!! That shook the ring. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Flying elbow from Matt Stryker connects. Lance Storm powers out of a Matt Stryker headlock. Storm tags in Frank Shamrock. Shamrock immediately grabs Stryker and sends him through a fireman’s carry. With Stryker down, Shamrock goes for a choke. He let’s go right before the referee would have disqualified him. Stryker gets back to his feet, but Shamrock is waiting and nails a vicious neckbreaker onto the Intercontinental Champion!

Tenay: Going into this match, Shamrock said he wanted a shot at the IC Champion, and he’s taking the fight to Stryker!

Shamrock goes for a pin, but Stryker gets his shoulder up at 2! Meanwhile, the former IC Champ, Tommy Dreamer is begging for a tag. Shamrock is sympathetic to Dreamer’s cause and tags him in. Stryker looks on in fear and gets caught in a Dreamer Driver! Dreamer goes for a pin, and 1….2….3! Team Dreamer wins!

My Opinion: Oh, look out...almost ***, but not quite. **3/4.

Tenay: What a dominating performance by Team Dreamer!

Snow: I think it’s safe to say that both the New Rainbow Express and Mattitude 2.0 have been humbled by tonight’s events.

Tenay: We can only hope so.

Survivors at 12:12: Tommy Dreamer, CM Punk, Lance Storm, and Frank Shamrock

WWF Tag Team Championship: Ken Shamrock and Simon Diamond © vs Doug and Danny Basham

Michael Cole and Tazz also take a moment to greet the fans watching at home, and hype the Smackdown matches for the evening.

Match Background: Basham Brothers are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. This match is for the WWF Tag Team titles. Shamrock and Diamond have been WWF Tag Team champions since 26 October 2006, winning the belts from the Bashams on an episode of Smackdown! The Bashams defeated the Briscoe Boys to get this shot tonight.

The Match: BAAACK Body drop by Diamond gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Spinebuster by Doug Basham. Covers for a quick two count. Tag between Doug Basham and Danny Basham. Basham Brothers whip Diamond into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Simon Diamond by Danny. Remember when that was a legit finish? Covers for a quick two count. Danny Basham connects with rights and lefts and Simon Diamond is down! Danny drops an elbow...but Simon Diamond moves out of the way. Simon Diamond scores with a big spinebuster. Tag to Ken Shamrock. Ken Shamrock with a badly-executed spinning neckbreaker on Danny. One more performed that badly and this match will end on a bad note, if you get my drift. Big clothesline from Shamrock. Danny reverses a waistlock. Tag between Danny Basham and Doug Basham. Massive backbreaker on Shamrock and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Doug Basham just KILLS Ken Shamrock! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Doug Basham hits some punches. How generic. Basham drops an elbow...but Ken Shamrock moves out of the way. Basham takes a quick lariat.

Cole: Hey, wait! There’s another man in the ring!

The mystery man is in the ring and is dressed very similarly to Simon Diamond! Doug Basham turns around. The new guy spins Basham around and hits the Iron Fist! The Simon Diamond wannabe leaves the ring, the damage done! The ref gets into position, administers the three count, and it's over. Ken Shamrock pins Basham. Basham Brothers are beaten down three-on-two by the combined forces of Shamrock, Diamond , and the strange new-comer.

My Opinion: A **** rating is well deserved for the competitors in this match.

Cole: What the hell! The Basham Brothers were in the right spot to win back their titles when this wacko wearing the Simon Diamond outfit ran in!

Tazz: He’s obviously affiliated with Shamrock and Diamond! You have to believe that the Tag Team Champions had this planned all along.

Winners at 9:40 and STILL WWF Tag Team Champions: Ken Shamrock and Simon Diamond

Meanwhile…

J.R. Ryder is walking down a corridor when he runs into Mike Sanders. The two have a tense stare-down.

Sanders: I see you still hold that Raw tag title.

Ryder: Yes, I do. Quite proudly as well.

Sanders: You are disgusting. You have betrayed your own brand. Just remember, I decided to keep your Smackdown contract intact. Just remember, when you lose that belt, you are coming directly back to Smackdown, where SARS will be waiting for you.

Ryder: That might scare me, but you know what, I’m not going to lose this belt. Kendrick and I are an awesome team. And for the record, if I do lose this belt, I’m not the one who is going to be in trouble. You are.

After a tense few moments, the two go their separate ways.

Randy Orton and John Jeter (with Trish Stratus) vs Test and Chris Chetti (with Christian)

Match Background: Raw GM Shawn Michaels made this match with the stipulation that if Chetti and Test lose, they are fired.

The Match: Test and John Jeter start the match off. Jeter lands some punches on Test and flings Test into the corner. As Jeter charges, Test gets his foot up and nails Jeter in the face. Test goes for a pin in the early going, but Jeter gets his shoulder up. Test tags in Chris Chetti and they deliver a double suplex onto Jeter. Test gets out of the ring, while Chris Chetti goes for another cover. Once again, Jeter gets his shoulder up. Chetti takes this opportunity to waste some time and point and talk some smack towards Randy Orton, who has yet to become involved in the match-up. This gives John Jeter a chance to recover. Chetti notices and charges Jeter. Jeter jumps in the air as Chetti runs underneath him. Jeter lands on his feet, and jumps again, for when Chetti turns around he gets nailed with an awesome hurricanrana! Covers for a quick two count. Tag to Randy Orton. Spear by Randy Orton. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Randy Orton continues to dominate on Chris Chetti for a few minutes until Chetti reverses a hip toss. Chetti hits a dropkick on Randy Orton and gets right back up. Tag to Test. Orton takes a headbutt from Test, which knocks the referee into the corner. Tag to John Jeter. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on John Jeter by Test. Remember when that was a legit finish? John Jeter slams Test, who rolls onto his stomach. What is Test doing? John Jeter picks him up and signals for a powerbomb. He raises Test up...but then notices that outside the ring, Christian is going after Trish Stratus. Jeter becomes upset and drops Test, and runs after Christian. Christian notices that Jeter is coming after him, and tries to get away. Meanwhile, the referee has gotten back up and just sees Randy Orton being double-teamed by Test and Chetti in the ring. He orders Chetti out, but Test is able to land a big-boot onto Orton. Test goes for a cover and 1….2….3! Test and Chetti keep their jobs!

My Opinion: Let me practice my math. 13 quarter stars equal a ***1\4 rating, right? Yeah, it does. That's what you get.

Snow: Damn, I was looking forward to seeing the end of Test on Raw.

Tenay: Christian had John Jeter preoccupied, and the Beautiful People took advantage and defeat Randy Orton!

Winners at 8:13: Test and Chris Chetti

Inferno Match: Orlando Jordan vs Nunzio (with Tracy Smothers)

Match Background: This will be an inferno bout. Where to start? Back in August, Nunzio began having some fun at Orlando Jordan’s expense. Annoyed, Jordan challenged Nunzio to a match at Summerslam, which was instead answered by Tracy Smothers. From there, Nunzio refused to let Jordan be, but also refused to simply wrestle Jordan one on one. After Nunzio and Smothers assaulted Jordan with a garage door, they were scheduled to have a contract signing for a match at No Mercy in October. Jordan took this opportunity to retaliate and power-bomb Nunzio through the desk. At No Mercy, about ten minutes into the match, Nunzio panicked and had Tracy Smothers interfere on his behalf once again, calling for a DQ. Smothers then held Jordan still while Nunzio blooded up his face using his bare fists. After that debacle, they were scheduled for an Inferno match tonight. Jordan then tried to set fire on Nunzio in the backstage area, and the following week Nunzio and Smothers tied Jordan down to a stretcher and sent it flying off the Smackdown stage. Now there is no where for Nunzio to run.

The Match: The entire ring is surrounded by flames. Orlando Jordan is visibly hurting from the stretcher attack two weeks ago. Both Nunzio and Jordan are wearing baggy jeans instead of their normal ring attire. STIFF~! chop lights up Nunzio who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Vertical suplex by Orlando Jordan. Nunzio gets to his feet and Jordan nails him with another vertical suplex. Tracy Smothers is on the outside of the ring and keeps wanting to get involved, but the fire keeps him back.

Cole: Even though he’s hurt, Orlando Jordan is dominating in the early goings of this match.

Nunzio comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Nunzio. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. Nunzio drives a HARD forearm into the chest of Jordan. Nunzio holds Jordan near the flames. Nunzio locks on a camel clutch variation and tries to get Jordan’s head closer to the flames. Orlando Jordan comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. The two men get into a vicious punching and kicking brawl for the next several minutes until Orlando Jordan hits a stalling suplex on Nunzio. Orlando Jordan floors Nunzio...and climbs the turnbuckles. Through the air, Moonsault! Nunzio is in obvious pain. Jordan gets Nunzio to his feet and throws him over the ropes. Nunzio’s pants catch on fire, Smothers grabs a wet towel (several towels were kept at ringside as a precaution) to try and put it out. Orlando Jordan is named the winner of the match!

My Opinion: Let me practice my math. 13 quarter stars equal a ***1\4 rating, right? Yeah, it does. That's what you get.

Cole: Jordan did it! He set Nunzio on fire!

Tazz: EMT’s are coming out to get Nunzio! Who knows how severe the burns on his leg could be!

Orlando Jordan remains in the ring, looking solemn. He’s not proud of what he’s done, but he knew he had to do it.

Cole: Maybe now Orlando Jordan can continue on with his career. I think Nunzio learned a valuable lesson here tonight.

Winner at 11:04: Orlando Jordan

The Acid Cult vs Team Stamboli

Match Background: The Acid Cult consists of Sean O'Haire, Trent Acid, JC Ice, and Scoot Andrews. Team Stamboli consists of Johnny Stamboli, Jamie Noble, Frankie Kazarian, and Ultimo Dragon. This will be a survivor series bout. Jamie Noble is the reigning WWF Cruiserweight champion, and has been since 28 September 2006.

The Match: First Fall : Scoot Andrews and Ultimo Dragon start the match off. Michael Cole screams some stuff about what an awesome technical show-down these two are capable of having. Scoot crushes Ultimo with a sweet running senton. Covers for a quick two count. Ultimo powers out of a headlock. Dragon makes a tag to Johnny Stamboli, who takes some pleasure in pummeling Andrews around the ring. Tazz makes a comment about how Team Stamboli is going to try and keep the Acid Cult members from getting the slightest chance for teamwork. Stamboli tags Ultimo Dragon back into the ring. Andrews reverses a suplex and goes running off the ropes. It’s no good as Ultimo Dragon brings out a jumping powerbomb to nearly murder Scoot in the ring! Scoot Andrews is in trouble. Flipping Reverse DDT!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!!

Cole: Ultimo Dragon eliminated Scoot Andrews!

Tazz: He better watch out though, here comes Sean O’Haire!

Second Fall : Ultimo Dragon uses O’Haire’s momentum against him and snap suplexes O'Haire HARD to the canvas! And again! A pair of clotheslines follow and...yep, Ultimo is a HOUSE...EN...FUEGO~! Lightning kick by Ultimo on O'Haire. Cole sounds surprised to see how Ultimo Dragon is taking the fight to Sean O’Haire! Dragon makes a cover on Sean O’Haire, but he gets his shoulder up. Ultimo makes a tag Johnny Stamboli, which seems to upset O’Haire has he quickly tags Trent Acid into the match. Acid shows no fear and charges Stamboli. The Bull launches Acid over the top rope, and Jamie Noble climbs to the top turnbuckle and dives off onto Acid outside the ring! This gets a “holy shit” chant from the live crowd, and Tazz wholeheartedly agrees. Ultimo Dragon slides out and throws Acid back into the ring and makes it clear that he wants to be tagged back in. Stamboli respects the request and makes a tag to Ultimo Dragon. Meanwhile, Acid slides across the ring and tags O’Haire back in, to capitalize on Stamboli returning to ringside. Ultimo is flustered and walks into a drop toe hold. Ultimo Dragon is down and in trouble. Prophecy! 1....2....3.

Cole: What a game the Acid Cult is playing! It’s obvious they do not want O’Haire and Stamboli in the ring at the same time!

Tazz: Not only that, but Ultimo Dragon has been eliminated!

Third Fall : Frankie Kazarian gets in to replace Ultimo Dragon. He shows no fear against the big man, O’Haire. Michael Cole makes a comment about Jamie Noble and JC Ice not being tagged in at all yet. O’Haire catches Kazarian, and lands a powerbomb on him. O’Haire, looking very arrogant and evil, tags in JC Ice. Ice goes to work on the fallen Kazarian, with a MAIN EVENT SLEEPER! Kazarian looks as if he could be fading, but his teammates are clapping him on. Kazarian fights out of the sleeper and “hulks up.” With some stiff punches, he sends JC Ice reeling to the mat. Ice, panicking, tags in Acid. Trent Acid hits a rolling kick on Kazarian from the get-go. Acid crushes Kazarian with a sweet running senton. Covers for a quick two count. Kazarian reverses a waistlock. Diamond Dust from Frankie Kazarian and Acid is out! Trent Acid is in trouble. Wave Of The Future! 1....2....3.

Cole: What an elimination! Frankie Kazarian just took out the one and only Trent Acid!

Tazz: What does this mean for the rest of the Cult? Will the “master” be taking away their “powers?”

Fourth Fall : Kazarian is looking to catch his breath, so he tags in Jamie Noble. Meanwhile, JC Ice returns to the ring, angry at Acid’s elimination. Noble enters the match with a second rope flying axe handle, JC Ice goes down. Noble goes for the trailer-hitch and the crowd cheers on the Cruiserweight Champion! Sean O’Haire enters the ring and breaks the submission, much to the outrage of Michael Cole. BRAINBUSTAH on Jamie Noble by Sean O’Haire! The referee demands that O’Haire leave the ring, whild JC Ice goes for a cover. The ref refuses to count based on what just happened. JC Ice decides to life Noble up and kicks Jamie Noble in the gut try and put him down. He irish-whips Noble into the Cult’s corner and sets him up. DDT from the top rope by JC Ice. That looked KILLER! JC Ice goes for another cover. 1....2....3!!

Cole: That wasn’t fair! Sean O’Haire stopped Noble’s momentum dead in his tracks and now Noble has been eliminated!

Tazz: That’s not all, JC Ice just pinned the Cruiserweight Champion! You have to wonder if that just shot Ice into contention for a shot at Noble’s belt!

Fifth Fall : JC Ice is feeling cocky now. Johnny Stamboli enters the ring and is surprised with a pin kick by JC Ice to the face sends Stamboli FLYING across the ring. Lightning kick by JC Ice on Stamboli. Hooks the leg for a two count. Stamboli reverses a waistlock. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Johnny Stamboli just KILLS JC Ice! JC Ice is in trouble. Fugettabout It! 1....2....3.

Tazz: The Bull is feeling the pressure now! He just made short work out of JC Ice!

Cole: It looks like he wants O’Haire to get back into the ring!

Tazz: Well, he has to! Sean O’Haire is the only remaining member of his team!

Cole: This has turned into a two on one affair!

Sixth Fall : O’Haire reluctantly gets into the ring. A huge brawl starts between Stamboli and O’Haire! O’Haire sends Stamboli flying in the direction of Kazarian, who is awaiting for a potential tag. The referee counts it as a tag, and before Kazarian or Stamboli can think of anything, O’Haire has pulled Kazarian into the ring and is beating on him. Kazarian squirms his way out of O’Haire’s clutches, and runs off the ropes. Flying elbow from Frankie Kazarian connects. With O’Haire down, Kazarian goes for a flying cross body off the top rope! O’Haire reverses it into a powerslam. Sean O'Haire moves in for the kill. 1....2....3!!

Cole: Sean O’Haire has eliminated Frankie Kazarian! It has come down to just O’Haire and Stamboli!

Tazz: These two met last month at No Mercy, and tore the building down!

Cole: Johnny Stamboli won that match! What can we expect to see here now?!?

Final Fall : Sean O’Haire nails a BIG clothesline on Stamboli. He hooks the leg for a two count. Stamboli tries and gets to his feet, but O’Haire is waiting with a spinebuster by. Sean O'Haire scores with a standing spinebuster. Pin, but Stamboli is out just before the three count. Stamboli counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Stamboli!! Sean O’Haire is beside himself. He brings Stamboli back to his feet and is going to try a Prophecy, but Stamboli counters. The Bull whips O'Haire into the turnbuckles...and the ref is crushed! Sean O'Haire is in trouble. Here it comes - Fugettabout It. Stamboli makes a cover, but there is no one to call it! A second referee comes running down from the back and makes a two-count before O’Haire gets his shoulder up. Stamboli tries for a second Fugettabout It, but O’Haire counters and finally lands a Prophecy on The Bull! O’Haire goes for a cover, and 1…2…3!

Cole: And Johnny Stamboli has been defeated by Sean O’Haire! What a win for the Acid Cult!

O’Haire looks down on the beaten body of Johnny Stamboli. He raises him back up and CHOKE-SLAMS Stamboli!

Tazz: A choke-slam?!? We’ve never seen that move from O’Haire before!

The rest of the Cult returns to the ring and the group pose over the fallen body of Stamboli.

Survivor at 17:24: Sean O’Haire

Next, a hype video plays for the Raw main event! We get an awesome clip series of Evolution over the years, starting back in 2003 with Triple H, Batista, Randy Orton, and Ric Flair. Then we see the betrayals of Flair and Orton, and the arrivals of Simon Diamond and Ken Shamrock. The last installment shows the additions of Chris Benoit, Adam Hastey, and Austin Lee, and finally the group turning on Triple H two months earlier at Unforgiven.

Evolution and Steve Corino vs Shawn Michaels and his Merry Men

Match Background: Evolution consists of Chris Benoit, Steve Corino, Adam Hastey, and Austin Lee. Team HBK consists of Shawn Michaels, Bryan Danielson, Brian Kendrick, and J.R. Ryder. This will be a survivor series bout. R & S Connection are the reigning World Tag Team champions, and have been since 25 September 2006. Chris Benoit is the reigning World Heavyweight champion, and has been since 27 June 2006. This match has been made due to Evolution being an abusive force on Raw. This match states that if Evolution wins the match, GM Shawn Michaels will never try to break them up again. However, if HBK’s Merry Men win the match, Evolution is finished and must disband.

The teams make their entrances together. Benoit and Corino seem to be getting along fairly well. Lots of taunting between the two teams, especially between Bryan Danielson and Chris Benoit. Benoit shouts “I’m going to make you tap!” at Danielson, who is not intimidated.

The Match: First Fall : Brian Kendrick and Adam Hastey start the match off. The two go through a cycle of back and forth grappling until Hastey lifts his knee and sends Kendrick falling over it. Hastey takes the time to apply a series of knee drops on Kendrick, who is desperately trying to mount a defense. He finds his window when Hastey takes a moment to do a crotch-chop in HBK’s direction. Kendrick grabs the back of Hastey’s pants and goes for a school-boy pinfall. He almost gets it, as Hastey kicks out in time. Hastey gets up and chops Kendrick hard! Mike Tenay makes a comment about Hastey learning that art from Chris Benoit. Adam Hastey lands a SUPER frankensteiner on Kendrick, who hit hard. Covers for a quick two count. Brian Kendrick is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Power drive elbow by Brian Kendrick. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Adam Hastey can barely stand. Here it comes - The Big Spank. 1....2...3, it's finished.

Al Snow: Good for Kendrick! He just eliminated that snot-nose punk, Adam Hastey!

Tenay: Not a god start for Evolution, as they go down four against three.

Second Fall : Austin Lee is angered by his partner being the first to be eliminated. He volunteers himself next, as Benoit and Corino look on in concern. Lee just WAFFLES Kendrick with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Lee does all of this before Kendrick could even get to a fighting stance after pinning Hastey! Second rope flying axe handle, Kendrick goes down. Austin Lee is showing some tremendous intensity and is stomping away at Kendrick on the mat. It’s so savage that J.R. Ryder jumps in and drops kicks Lee. Lee falls backwards, and Ryder helps Kendrick to his feet. The ref insists Ryder exit the ring, so he does. Kendrick counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Lee walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one though? Pin, but Lee is out just before the three count. Lee blocks a kick from Brian Kendrick. Flying cross body off the top rope! The ref gets into position, administers the three count, and it's over. Austin Lee pins Kendrick.

Tenay: Austin Lee is in a fit of rage! He wouldn’t let up for one moment on his attack against Brian Kendrick, nor did he give him a chance to make any tags!

Snow: This evens things at three on three! It looks as if Benoit is smiling!

Third Fall : Benoit’s smile does not last long, because Austin Lee tags Steve Corino in rather than Benoit. J.R. Ryder enters the ring, to avenge his fallen partner. Corino takes a flying neckbreaker from J.R. Ryder. Flying reverse elbow by J.R. Ryder. Hooks the leg for a two count. Ryder drops an elbow...but Steve Corino moves out of the way. Corino goes on the offense and tries to earn his reputation for being “Mr. Old School.” He locks onto Ryder’s back and tries to ground him. When he finally does, the referee starts lifting up Ryder’s hand to see if he can keep it up. On the third try, Ryder shows some signs of life and manages to drape it over a nearby rope. The referee orders the hold be broken, and Corino waits until the very last second before letting go of Ryder. He lifts Ryder up and goes for a big clothesline. He misses, and Ryder decides to prove to Corino that he can brawl as well. The two of them exchange heavy chops and punches for a good four or five minutes! HBK and Danielson are getting edgy and want to join the match, as does Benoit. Ryder and Corino brawl into the Evolution corner and Corino traps Ryder there.. for Benoit to land a vicious HEAD-BUTT onto Ryder! J.R. Ryder is in trouble. Old School Expulsion!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!!

Tenay: Wow, Ryder and Corino were having an epic battle! I’d love to see them tie it up again in a singles competition and see it continue!

Al Snow: But this is bad, Mike! Evolution just took the advantage! It’s now Chris Benoit, Austin Lee, and Steve Corino against Shawn Michaels and Bryan Danielson!

Tenay: Not all is lost though. HBK and Danielson have both yet to see action. In fact, there goes HBK now!

Fourth Fall : Corino tags in Austin Lee, so he can get a breather! Chris Benoit is now visibly angry that no one has tagged him yet. He is heard yelling “I’m the damn captain of this team!” HBK immediately scoops and slams Austin Lee. Mike Tenay states that he has long desired to see Shawn Michaels and Austin Lee go at it. A Gut buster connects on Lee and hits hard. Covers for a quick two count. Shawn Michaels is pretty confident in the ring… maybe a bit too confident? Perhaps so, because Austin Lee powers out of a headlock. Springboard dropkick from Austin Lee. Nicely done. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Austin Lee is on a rampage and goes running backwards to taunt the American Dragon. He turns around and does a crotch-chop in Michael’s direction. HBK just shakes his finger and says “You’re doing it all wrong!” HBK responds with some crotch-chops of his own, which pops the crowd and pisses off Austin Lee. Now Corino shouts “Stop horsing around! Kick his ass!” Lee charges at Shawn, and grapples up with him. Amazingly, Austin wins the exchange and flips HBK over his head. HBK gets up and Lee hits HBK with his own variation of the Sweet Chin Music! Austin Lee is feeling good about himself until HBK does a kip-up. Lee looks horrified and charges! Shawn Michaels reverses a hip toss. HBK lands a big piledriver on Lee. ONE...TWO...THREE. HBK defeats Lee.

Tenay: Take that, Evolution! The table has turned, and now it’s down to a two on two contest!

Snow: What a comeback by Shawn Michaels! Our General Manager sure knows how to take things into his own hands!

Fifth Fall : Corino and Benoit are now arguing over who gets to enter the match next. Benoit finally just pushes Corino down off the mat. Benoit rushes into the ring, eager to make up for the mistakes of his team-mates. The intensity is getting hot, as the crowd wants Evolution gone just as badly as the commentators! Vertical suplex by Shawn Michaels. Benoit lands with a sick thud, but gets to his feet as fast as he can. He should have paced himself, as he walks into a tiger bomb by Shawn Michaels, which is nowhere near as cool as a botched Pedigree but gets the job done. There's a two count on the pin. Chris Benoit avoids a Shawn Michaels avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Benoit shouts a command at Corino. Neither Al Snow or Mike Tenay can tell what the order was, but they make a quick guess. Corino is pulling a table out from under the ring! Corino sets it up right outside the ring by the ramp. Benoit has a plan. The referee is unhappy about this whole thing, but he’s defenseless to do anything about it. Benoit takes a quick second to flip Bryan Danielson off, but then throws HBK outside to Corino. Corino stretches HBK out on the table, and Benoit climbs to the top turnbuckle! Al Snow is screaming because this is the same spot Benoit did in 2001 during a TLC match! Benoit flies off the top! Benoit puts HBK through the table! During this time, Bryan Danielson tried to make the save, but Corino cut him off. The referee is shouting for them to get back into the ring (Al Snow explains that the referee is under strict orders not to disqualify anyone during this match). HBK is laying flat on the ring. Benoit goes for the cover, but HBK gets a shoulder up. Benoit is beside himself! Corino is back on the apron, screaming at Benoit. Benoit, in a state of frustration locks on the Crippler Cross-face! Danielson is cheering HBK on to escape, and HBK is near the ropes. He is so close, but Benoit grips on even tighter and rolls over. They are back in the middle of the ring! Danielson is yelling “Don’t tap, don’t tap!” but it is no good. HBK taps out to the Crippler Cross-face!

Snow: No! Shawn Michaels has been eliminated! That just leaves Bryan Danielson alone against the World Heavyweight Champion and Steve Corino!

Sixth Fall : As HBK rolls out of the ring, the American Dragon tries to rush Benoit before he’s prepared. Tenay marks out, due to his anxiety to see Danielson and Benoit wrestle each other! The two of them are brawling, but Tenay believes that if the stakes were not so high, they would be putting on a technical clinic! Danielson tastes a high angle back suplex! Benoit decides to slow things down and tries to ground the American Dragon. Benoit goes for Danielson’s legs and locks on to his left leg. Danielson screams in pain. Corino is on the apron, half-heartedly cheering on the champ. Chris Benoit hits a stalling suplex on Danielson. There's a two count on the pin. Bryan Danielson fights out of a grapple. Corino is now insisting that Benoit make a tag, since Benoit has been in there even after putting HBK through the table earlier. Benoit spits and ignores Corino’s request. He turns around into a springboard dropkick from Bryan Danielson. Chris Benoit gets knocked to the ground by Danielson. Dragon Sleeper!!! Tenay is screaming his head off, claiming Benoit will have no chance but to tap out! Benoit is desperately trying to make it to the ropes! He does not want Evolution to disband, not on his watch! Benoit finally locks out of it and turns it into a Cross-face! Danielson quickly escapes from the Cross-face and goes for another Dragon sleeper, which Benoit reverses! The sequence is unbelievable! Benoit is shocked that Danielson is going hold for hold with him, and now wants a tag. He goes to his corner and is about to make a tag to Steve Corino… when Corino jumps down from the apron! Tenay and Snow are shocked as Corino has just turned his back on Benoit! Benoit screams “I trusted you!” It’s no good as this shock leaves Benoit vulnerable to the Cattle Mutilation from Bryan Danielson! This time the American Dragon makes sure they are set up in the middle of the ring. Benoit has no where to go! Chris Benoit taps out!

Tenay: Bryan Danielson has defeated the World Heavyweight Champion! Oh my God!

Snow: Is Corino coming back?

Final Fall: Steve Corino raises his arms in personal victory and exits the arena. The referee counts Corino out.

Tenay: That’s it! Evolution must disband!

Snow: This could be the greatest thing to ever happen to Raw!

My Opinion: I really shouldn't drink when I'm reviewing matches. Especially with Scotsman, I can't drink nearly as much, so I try too hard. It was either ** or ****, but I guess I'll have to compromise and say ***.

Benoit is in tears. Danielson takes the moment to lift up the World Heavyweight Championship and pose with it. He then drops it on the fallen Benoit and makes his exit, to a huge pop from the crowd!

Survivor at 35:31: Bryan Danielson

Mike Tenay and Al Snow wish everyone at home a great night, and the action goes back to Smackdown!

Cole: Well, Tazz, the future of Raw has just been dramatically altered forever! Now in tonight’s main event, the future of Smackdown is on the line!

Tazz: That’s right, Cole! This match isn’t just about whether nor not Rhyno has to defend his belt more than once a month, this is about wrestling ideology! Rhyno is looking things from an old-school perspective, while the members of Team Collyer are looking for wrestling to continue to evolve into newer and better things! Tonight’s main event is about the future of this business as we know it!

Team Collyer vs Team Rhyno

Match Background: Team Collyer consists of Chad Collyer, Kurt Angle, Paul London, Jimmy Rave, and Nova. Team Rhyno consists of Rhyno, AJ Styles, Low Ki, Shelton Benjamin, and Charlie Haas. This will be a survivor series bout. Rhyno is the reigning WWF World champion, and has been since 16 July 2006. Paul London is the reigning WWF United States champion, and has been since 16 November 2006. The stipulation to this match is simple: If Team Collyer wins, Rhyno must become a fighting champion. If Team Rhyno wins, Rhyno is allowed to continue to defend his WWF title as he wishes (once a month). Kurt Angle just returned to Smackdown two weeks ago, and has already ruffled the feathers of Rhyno and Shelton Benjamin. On a side note, Jimmy Rave is feeling hostility towards Low Ki, for destroying his brand new stereo!

The Match: The ten men stand in the ring. The tension in the arena is unbelievable. Rhyno holds up his WWF Championship to spite the members of Team Collyer. Finally, the tension becomes too much and all ten men begin to brawl at once! The referee tries in vain to get everyone organized, but luckily for him, most of the brawling leaves the ring, leaving just AJ Styles battling it out with Paul London. The ref calls for the bell and the match is on!

First Fall : AJ Styles and Paul London are exchanging blows to the head. Styles gets so mad he grabs London and jams his head into a turnbuckle. London, feeling pissed, returns the favor and does the same thing to Styles. They exchange this attack for several more seconds before London whips Styles into the opposite turnbuckle. He runs over and monkey-flips Styles onto the mat. By this time, the other eight men have made it to their corners. London tags Nova into the match. With Styles already down, Nova climbs to the top turnbuckle and lands a big time elbow drop! Nova goes for a cover and only gets a 2-count. Styles gets to his feet and narrowly avoids a flying elbow from Nova.. Styles backdrops Nova out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of AJ Styles. Diamond Dust from AJ Styles, Nova is out! Nova is in trouble. Styles Clash! 1....2....3.

Cole: AJ Styles made a decisive pin-fall on Nova, eliminating him first!

Tazz: Don’t get scared, Cole. A four on five ratio is not all that bad!

Second Fall : Kurt Angle makes his way into the ring! Cole makes sure everyone watching at home is reminded that this is Kurt Angle’s first match in the WWF in over two years! Kurt Angle and AJ Styles have never met in a match before, so they circle each other around. Angle is ready for a fight and Styles teases that he’s going to bring it to Angle! But it turns out to be just a tease. Styles tags in Charlie Haas. Angle is not too upset, as he is more than happy to tangle with his former protégé. Charlie Haas hits a rolling kick on Angle. Haas goes for his jumping moonsault! Angle rolls out of the way, but Haas senses it and lands on his feet. Angle goes for the Angle Slam, but Haas counters it and tries to lock on the Haas of Pain! Angle counters that, and tries for an ankle-lock. Haas quickly makes it to the ropes. Despite what the referee says, Angle lifts Haas up by his foot, with Haas jumping on the other one. Haas does a back-flip, lands, and immediately performs an overhead belly to belly suplex on Kurt Angle! There's a two count on the pin. Angle gets up and Haas walks into a drop toe hold. Charlie Haas cannot escape it this time! Angle Slam!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!!

Cole: Kurt Angle is not just back, but he’s better than ever!

Tazz: Take a look at Shelton Benjamin! Seeing his partner get taken down by Angle has him looking more than just a little nervous!

Third Fall : After seeing one of his teammates go down, Rhyno goes into a frantic rage! He climbs into the ring before anyone else can volunteer. Kurt Angle is ready for Rhyno and the two of them circle around the ring, with the crowd going nuts. Rhyno hits a right hand. With Angle in a bit of a daze, Rhyno takes advantage and hits a GORE on Kurt Angle! Angle falls into his corner and tags in Jimmy Rave! Rave is in and he’s all fired up! Rave catches Rhyno and a BAAACK Body drop by Rave gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Covers for a quick two count. Michael Cole mentions that this is a great opportunity for Jimmy Rave, to prove himself here in a main event setting. Jimmy Rave continues to take it to Rhyno and comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Using his own momentum, Rave is able to lift Rhyno over his head for a suplex! Rhyno looks frazzled, since he was not expecting a good fight out of Jimmy Rave. Rhyno quickly crawls over to his corner and tags in Low Ki! Now Rave gets really mad and starts screaming some nonsense about how Low Ki destroyed his new stereo. The two cruiserweights tangle it up and go through a series of take-down attempts. Low Ki finally escapes and sends Rave flying straight to the canvas. Low Ki connects about a dozen stiff kicks to the back of Rave’s head. Low Ki is feeling it and he climbs to the top rope and performs an amazing CORKSCREW off the top! The crowd flips out, having never seen Low Ki perform such a maneuver in a WWF ring! Low Ki has hurt himself in the process, and it takes him a few moments to roll over and make the cover on Jimmy Rave. He only gets a two count, and Low Ki cannot believe it! Low Ki tags Shelton Benjamin into the match. Shelton takes advantage of Rave being weary and sends him flying into a turnbuckle. Shelton splashes off of Rave, and Rave once again falls to the canvas. Rave tries desperately to crawl to his corner so he can make a tag, but Shelton puts an end to it. He grabs Rave’s leg, but Rave makes an enziguri out of it! Rave makes the tag to Kurt Angle, who rushes the ring, but the referee stops him! Apparently the referee was distracted when Rave made the tag, so he didn’t see it! Jimmy Rave is still the legal man! With Rave becoming more and more worn out, Benjamin flings him back into his corner. Tag is made to Rhyno!. Rhyno sets up rave and hits a bulldog off the ropes. The ref gets into position, administers the three count, and it's over. Rhyno pins Rave.

Cole: Jimmy Rave has been eliminated from the match!

Tazz: It took three members of Team Rhyno to do it, but once again Team Rhyno has the advantage!

Fourth Fall : Chad Collyer enters the ring for the first time and Rhyno quickly tags in Low Ki when he sees who his opponent is. Michael Cole says that Rhyno hasn’t forgotten about how close Collyer was to winning the WWF title from him at No Mercy, and he doesn’t want any of Collyer now. Big dropkick by Low Ki, who got a ton of air on the move. Low Ki is in prime form tonight and he takes Collyer off of his game plan! Vicious snap suplex! Low Ki locks in his own version of a dragon sleeper and Collyer being fresh in the match, is able to counter out of it. He lifts Low Ki up on his shoulders and nails his patented spinning Death Valley Driver! Low Ki goes down and makes the tag to AJ Styles. Styles enters the ring and ties it up with Collyer. For the next five minutes, Collyer and Styles try and see who can out-wrestle each other and refrain from throwing any punches (though you can bet Paul London was all edgy on the apron). Collyer, remembering how Styles refused to fight Angle earlier, takes a moment and tags in the Olympic Gold Medal winner! Angle enters the ring and clotheslines Styles before Styles can even think about making a tag. Angle and Styles then play the wrestling game, as Kurt tries to wear down Styles with a modified ankle lock! Styles makes it to the ropes, and is able to tag in Low Ki in the process. Angle is once again disappointed that his ring-time with Styles is cut short. Low Ki picks up an advantage and Kurt Angle got whipped over hard. Covers for a quick two count. Low Ki misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Blind lariat by Angle was downright NASTY! Low Ki never...saw...it coming! Kurt Angle floors Low Ki. Low Ki gets locked in the Angle Lock! Submission victory!

Cole: Kurt Angle just made Low Ki tap out!

Tazz: That ankle-lock is a real killer! I should know, I’ve had it applied on me before!

Cole: And each time a member of Team Rhyno is eliminated, you can see the fear and desperation growing in the eyes of Rhyno! What a coward Rhyno is! Would it really kill him to act like a real WWF Champion for once!

Fifth Fall : This time Shelton Benjamin enters the ring, due to his lack of fear in facing Kurt Angle. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. Angle and Benjamin forget the wrestling aspect and the tension between the two men just spills over. Angle lands some ultra stiff punches on Shelton and one of them was serious enough to bust open the younger grappler! With Shelton bleeding, Angle could smell the blood. He delivers a vicious Angle Slam onto Shelton and goes for a cover. This time Rhyno interrupts the cover, out of fear of losing another teammate! Angle chases Rhyno out, and then makes his way over to his corner. Paul London is tagged in! London crushes Shelton with a running senton. Covers for a quick two count. Paul London misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. London starts to climb the turnbuckle, so he can perform his London Calling, but Styles shakes the ropes and London falls down. Styles then enters the ring and administers a STYLES CLASH onto Paul London. Shelton is laying nearby and weakly lays his arm over London. 1…2…3!

Cole: AJ Styles just screwed Paul London out of the match!

Tazz: Wait, hold on a moment!

Sixth Fall : Kurt Angle rushes into the ring and covers Shelton as he lays there in pain. He quickly locks on the ankle lock and Shelton begins tapping within seconds!

Cole: Kurt Angle, ever the capitalist!

Seventh Fall : Rhyno is absolutely livid right now and screams at AJ Styles for not stopping it! Rhyno gets into the ring himself and Rhyno connects with rights and lefts and Kurt Angle is down! Rhyno slams Kurt Angle down and motions to the crowd. There's a two count on the pin. Kurt Angle elbows Rhyno in the face to break a hammerlock. Impaler DDT by Kurt Angle just SPIKES Rhyno down! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Michael Cole almost has a heart attack when Rhyno comes within a second of being pinned. Rhyno is fed up and lands another GORE on Kurt Angle that came simply out of no where! Angle is hurting and he tags in Chad Collyer. Rhyno is once again upset, but this time he charges Collyer. Collyer moves out of the way, and Rhyno charges right into a corner turnbuckle! With Rhyno in a daze, Collyer lifts him up for the Spinning Death Valley Driver! Rhyno counters the move, and DDTs Collyer right onto the mat! Rhyno goes for a pinfall, but only gets 2! Collyer sits up and knocks Rhyno down by his ankles. Collyer then does something we haven’t seen him do yet, he locks on a TEXAS CLOVERLEAF on Rhyno! Rhyno screams in pain, but this time AJ Styles breaks it up. Kurt Angle rushes into the ring and throws AJ out and delivers an Angle Slam on Rhyno for good measure. Collyer goes for another pinfall, and would have had it if Rhyno hadn’t gotten his foot up on the rope. Michael Cole screams something about all these near falls are giving him chills! Collyer tags Angle back into the match but Rhyno pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Rhyno seems to be catching on some second wind and he pile-drives Kurt Angle right onto the mat (keep in mind that in this universe, the only neck surgery Angle got was the post-Wrestlemania XIX surgery and he’s been fine ever since). With Angle in place, Rhyno goes for a pinfall and gets the 3!

Cole: I can’t believe it! Rhyno just eliminated Kurt Angle!

Tazz: This is reminiscent of the Raw match we saw earlier! We have a one on two situation left with Chad Collyer alone against Rhyno and AJ Styles!

Eighth Fall : As Chad Collyer makes his way into the ring, Rhyno tags out to AJ Styles. Styles uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Styles crushes Collyer with a running senton. There's a two count on the pin. Collyer blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Vicious chokeslam by Chad Collyer! Styles makes the tag to Rhyno, who lays out Chad Collyer. Then Rhyno does something strange, he goes to the top rope! As he’s positioning himself, Chad Collyer runs up behind him. He’s trying to set up Rhyno for a big back-body drop, but AJ Styles enters the ring and gets Collyer on his shoulders. Collyer is trapped in a doomsday device scenario! Rhyno leaps off the top rope, clotheslinning Collyer off the shoulders of AJ Styles! Collyer lands with a sickening thud! Rhyno goes for a cover, but the referee is too distracted trying to get AJ Styles to leave the ring! Styles realizes what he’s doing and gets out. The referee makes the count 1…2… no! At the very last second, Collyer somehow, someway got his shoulder off the mat! Many in the arena thought Collyer had just lost, it was really that close! Rhyno is furious! He tags in Styles and orders him to finish Collyer once and for all! Styles is trying to set Collyer up for another Styles Clash, when Collyer reverses it. He reverses it in such a way that it’s actually now Collyer setting up AJ for the Styles Clash maneuver! . Collyer uses Style’s own finisher against him! Styles is out cold! 1…2…3!

Cole: It was out of sheer desperation, but Chad Collyer just beat AJ Styles!

Tazz: But how much is left of Chad Collyer? He’s already taken that doomsday device move!

Final Fall : Rhyno returns to the ring with a chair. The referee takes it away from him, which allows Collyer to fly in with an elbow. Collyer is running on pure adrenaline right now! Rhyno is down on one knee, and Collyer flips him over and locks on the TEXAS CLOVERLEAF again! This time there is no one there to break up the hold! Rhyno is screaming in pain, and Cole compares this scene to that of No Mercy last month where Collyer passed out from pain. Rhyno is crawling to the ropes, but Collyer has it locked in. Collyer inches the two of them further towards the middle, and applies the move even more tightly! Rhyno is so desperate to hold onto his WWF title and not have to defend it like a modern day champion would, he’s biting his fingers to avoid tapping! Finally, Rhyno senses that Collyer’s grip has become weak from fatigue. Rhyno unwraps his legs and limps over to the rope. Collyer is sweating like mad and climbs to the top turnbuckle one more time. Rhyno, not sure where Collyer actually is, limps over and looks up to see Collyer flying at him with a huge crossbody! Rhyno uses the momentum of Collyer to roll him over on the landing. In a surprise school-boy, Rhyno makes a cover and 1….2….3! Rhyno wins the match!

Cole: No! Rhyno pulled off the victory! How the hell did Rhyno pull off the victory!

Tazz: What a war that was! Rhyno and Collyer were both in there the longest and gave it everything they had! In the end, it came down to one simple mistake from Collyer and Rhyno capitalized on it!

Cole: Well, this means that Rhyno can continue to defend the WWF Championship as he sees fit. So unless Rhyno decides to change his ways, this means we’re only going to see the title defended on Pay-Per-Views, or on Smackdown against a hand-selected opponent!

Tazz: One thing is for sure though. Smackdown is never going to be the same again after tonight!

Mike Sanders and Rodney Mack roll into the ring and help Rhyno to his feet. Meanwhile, Paul London and Kurt Angle are helping Collyer up. The enemies reframe from further attacking each other, but the bad blood is there.

My Opinion: Absolutely solid match. A few minor things brought it down, so I'm tacking on a **** rating.

Survivor at 40:54: Rhyno

Survivor Series goes off the air with a final shot of Rhyno, clutching the WWF Championship.

Thanks, guys. A new Raw should be up within the next few days (due to complications, it won't be EWR-made).

I'm going to be changing the format of the diary a bit. I'm not going to use copy and pasted match play by plays anymore. I'm going to do little descriptions like I did for the Heat match at Survivor Series. Important matches and pay-per-view matches will be totally written out like I did for the last three matches at Survivor Series as well. I'm going to see how it works out, and if it's either too annoying to write, isn't enjoyable, or just seems weird, I'll go back.

Thanks to everyone who reads this!

Guest hebtheeagle

Nicely done man...your WWE has been the best EWR series on the board...can't wait for Raw. 10/10 easy.

Nicely done man...your WWE has been the best EWR series on the board...can't wait for Raw. 10/10 easy.

Thanks a lot, man! :)

Brief update, new Raw won't likely be up until the weekend.

Note: I did this Raw without EWR due to a mistake with the game. I hope it came out okay, the next Smackdown will be EWR-made. I guess this is just a time of experimentation for me :D

Raw

November 20th 2006

There are explosions galore as the pyro sets off across the arena! There is a good sized crowd tonight, many of whom have brought signs declaring their happiness that Evolution has finally broken up! The reign of terror is over! Mike Tenay and Al Snow welcome us to the show and recap the events of the previous night's pay-per-view, particularly where Bryan Danielson made Chris Benoit tap out during the main event.

The Lonely Champion

The music of Chris Benoit plays and out comes the World Heavyweight Champion. He is no longer allowed to be associated with Adam Hastey or Austin Lee. He makes his way to the ring and takes a microphone.

Benoit: After three years of dominance on Raw, Evolution is no more. Two months into my reign as undisputed leader of Evolution and we are forced to disband! That is crap! That is unacceptable crap! (The crowd is chanting "you tapped out.") I know you all think the reason Evolution is done for is because Danielson picked up a fluke submission victory over me at Survivor Series, but you are all wrong. Evolution is done for because we made the mistake of trusting Steve Corino! Yes, I have serious issues with Danielson, but he can wait. Right now I want Corino in this ring, right now!

After a few moments, the music of Steve Corino plays and out comes the man who betrayed Benoit at Survivor Series. Corino gets some applause from the audience, but he ignores it. He takes a microphone.

Benoit: Before you say a damn word, I just want to remind you of our conversation before Survivor Series. I told you that I was going to be straight with you and you agreed to be straight with me. What the hell, Steve!

Corino: Yeah, I agreed to play fair at Survivor Series, but I stopped and thought about it for a while. Why the hell should I? Why would I want Evolution to stick around any more than Shawn Michaels did? Because I'd be allowed to join? Ha! That would be great, I could spend my career acting as an errand boy to a worthless champion like you, who holds a title that belongs around MY waist! You three gave me no choice, so I made the decision to back out at the last moment. I gotta tell you, Chris, the look on your face when I jumped down from the ring was priceless! Watching you tap out was just the icing on the cake!

Benoit has had enough and he lays a right hand on Corino. Corino responds with force, and the two begin to brawl. As the situation heats up, Bryan Danielson runs down the apron and into the ring. He catches Benoit and delivers an overhead belly to belly suplex! Corino is laughing and acting like he should be buddies with Danielson. Benoit slides out of the ring while Danielson turns to Corino and delivers another over-head. Corino takes the time to roll out as well, leaving Danielson alone in the ring, playing to the crowd.

Tenay: As happy as I am that Evolution is no more, it's obvious that Corino only had selfish intentions by turning on the group!

Snow: Danielson just took it to both men! You have to believe that there will be consequences for this!

Women's Championship Five Pack Match: Victoria © vs Erica Porter vs Ivory vs Gail Kim vs Trish Stratus

Match Background: HBK made this match featuring the most active members of the diva roster. The other members haven't been heard from much in recent months.

The Match: Total chaos would best describe this match (along with a few botched spots by Erica Porter). Trish goes after Victoria while Porter and Ivory try and double-team Gail Kim. Mike Tenay informs us that this match-up is sudden death, so the champion does not have to be pinned to lose the title. During the chaos, Ivory and Trish accidently collide, and the two start going at it. With Victoria free from Stratus, she sneaks over to where Gail Kim and Porter are trading kicks. Victoria throws Porter over the top rope and rolls up Gail for the 1...2...3!

Rating: Decent little women's brawl. Very little psychology, but it was good to see more than two divas on Raw at a time for once. **

Tenay: Victoria continues to demonstrate why she's a long-lasting Women's Champ. She calculated that pinfall perfectly!

Snow: She just fought off five challengers... hey, wait!

Snow has noticed that Taylor Matheny has come out of nowhere! Victoria turns around and Taylor lifts Victoria over her shoulders. She drops Victoria onto the turnbuckle and Victoria walks into an impressive snap suplex. Victoria is down, with Taylor standing over her.

Tenay: We haven't seen Taylor Matheny in months!

Snow: Well, she's back, and it looks as if she's after the Women's title!

Winner at 6:42 and STILL Women's Champion: Victoria

A Beautiful Offer

Randy Orton is sitting in his locker-room, reading the newest issue of Raw Magazine (with Brian Kendrick and J.R. Ryder on the cover) when Christian, Test, and Chris Chetti enter the room. Orton becomes all defensive.

Christian: Whoa, hold it, man! We just wanted to talk.

Orton: I have nothing to say to you guys.

Chetti: Hear us out, man.

Orton: You have 60 seconds before I start dishing out RKO's left and right.

Christian: We just want you to rethink our offer for you to join us! Randy, you are too good looking of a man to not be a card-carrying member of the Beautiful People!

Orton: You three are despicable, (looks at Test and Chetti) and you two shouldn't even be employed anymore!

Christian: Hey, it's not our fault that you're partner ditched you last night at Survivor Series.

Orton: Jeter was watching Trish's back. I would have done the same.

Christian: Is that how it is? Well, just remember, it cost you. You were in the main event at Unforgiven, defeating one of the biggest names in our sport, and last night you were losing a tag match. You are not a loser, Randy. We know you are a winner. But John Jeter, he made you a loser.

Orton: You're 60 seconds are up.

Christian: We'll be in touch (The Beautiful People leave).

Orton stands there, actually looking somewhat torn.

Bubba Ray Dudley vs Adam Hastey

Match Background: Hastey is no longer allowed to team up with Austin Lee. Before Survivor Series, Hastey participated in beating down Bubba Ray with a baseball bat.

The Match: Bubba Ray totally dominates the beginning. It's a good couple of minutes before Hastey can even land anything resembling offense. It's clear that Bubba's pride has been severely hurt. At about the 5 minute mark, the referee pleads with Bubba Ray to calm down on the brutality, but Bubba pushes him down, earning a DQ. He lands a Bubba-Bomb on Hastey and then looks up at sky and yells "Bubba! Get the table!" The crowd pops since he hasn't done this in a long time. Bubba sets the table up in the ring and spreads Hastey across it. He climbs to the top rope and is about to dive off onto the table when Austin Lee comes running down with a baseball bat. He nails Bubba Ray across his back, and Bubba slumps over. Lee sets Bubba up on the table and climbs to the top rope himself. Austin Lee then moonsaults Bubba Ray through the table!

Rating: A surprise squash from Bubba Ray until he went too far. Nice storytelling, but really took Adam Hastey down a couple of notches. *3/4

Tenay: Wait a damn moment! Lee and Hastey are not supposed to be working together in any way!

Snow: But we cannot prove that this was planned in advance. Hastey and Lee could not have known that Bubba Ray Dudley was going to lose his mind!

Winner by DQ at 7:15: Adam Hastey

Too Soon for a Reunion?

After the commercial, Hastey and Lee are in the back. Hastey is grateful for the save, when Shawn Michaels storms in on them.

HBK: What the hell! Are you two completely stupid?!? Did you already forget that you lost at Survivor Series last night? You two can no longer be associated!

Lee: Mr. HBK, you merely stated that Evolution had to disband! You never said anything about our tag team!

HBK is silent.

Hastey: Well?

HBK: Okay, guys. You got me! I should’ve been more specific. You two can continue to team up. Except there is one small problem. Austin Lee, you are indefinitely suspended!

Lee: What!

HBK: You heard me! Pack your bags and go home! And don’t you come back until I call you!

Lee: This is bull!

Hastey: You’re going to pay for this, Michaels!

HBK: No, you are! Next week you and Bubba Ray Dudley are going to have a little rematch! This time in a #1 Contenders match for the Hardcore Championship! You know what that means?

Hastey: Hardcore rules?

HBK: Bingo! Good luck, Adam. I think you’re going to find Raw to be a very lonely place from this day forward.

John Jeter vs Chris Chetti

Match Background: Last night at Survivor Series, the Beautiful People picked up a win over the team of Jeter and Randy Orton by distracting Jeter. They were pursuing Jeter’s “friend” Trish Stratus.

Match: Jeter and Chetti are both relative rookies to Raw. They tie up and have a good, little, competitive match. Test and Christian come out to ring side after a few minutes, but refrain from interfering. Tenay and Snow also point out that Randy Orton has appeared on the stage and is watching the match very attentively. After a series of near-falls, Chetti pins Jeter, with his feet on the ropes. Test and Christian flood the ring and a 3 on 1 attack begins.

Rating: Both men showed a lot of potential here. Given some more time, Jeter and Chetti could probably deliver a classic. **3/4.

Tenay: The Beautiful People are beating down John Jeter!

Snow: And why isn’t Randy Orton doing anything about it!

Orton watches as Chetti holds Jeter still while Test and Christian take turns punching him in the face. Trish Stratus runs out and pleads with Orton to do something. Orton just coldly looks at her, and then heads backstage!

Tenay: This is unlike Randy Orton! He couldn’t have possibly been listening to what Christian had to say earlier!

Winner at 8:31: Chris Chetti

Interview with the Dragon

Todd Grisham is backstage with Bryan Danielson. They are seated and Grisham has some notes with him.

Todd: First off, Bryan, I’d like to thank you for agreeing to this interview. Since you have debuted on Raw in September, we’ve seen you speak with your actions, but we have not really heard you speak.

Bryan: No problem, Todd. I like to think I’m a man of few words. I go out to that ring, and I have one clear thought in mind: beat my opponent at all costs.

Todd: It’s my understanding that you are a protégé of Shawn Michaels? Did that play a factor in you being brought in to Raw.

Bryan: If you’re asking me if my past relationship with Shawn was the reason I’m here, then I would have to say no. I’ve been working and training for years to become the very best wrestler on Earth. I have studied the art of technical wrestling and I have wrestled all over the world to pick up experience and learn new ways of punishing my opponents. I feel just as comfortable applying the Cattle Mutilation as I do kicking a man in the face and knocking out his teeth. It’s a shame that Chris Benoit does not have any more teeth to knock out.

Todd: Speaking of whom, you attacked Chris Benoit on your very first night on Raw. What made you want to single out the top star on Raw from the get-go?

Bryan: Why not? It’s a shame that more superstars arriving in the WWF don’t do the same thing. What better way is there than to prove you mean business than by attacking a brand’s World Champion? I have only been here for a handful of months and not only have I punked the World Champion, but I have also made him tap out during a sanctioned wrestling match. I started a fight, and I’ve proven that I can carry myself during that fight. This is why I would like to take this moment to send Chris Benoit a challenge. Next month, Raw is having a pay-per-view called Vengeance. At Vengeance, I want a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. No gimmicks, no special stipulations, just a straight-up wrestling match between two men who claim to be the very best in this business.

Todd: Wow! I guess now we can only wait to hear from the champion. Thanks for your time, Bryan.

Bryan: You’re welcome, Todd.

CM Punk, Lance Storm, and Frank Shamrock vs Matt Hardy, Matt Stryker, and Justin Credible

Match Background: Hardy and Stryker were humbled at Survivor Series when their team lost miserably to a group put together by Tommy Dreamer. Matt Stryker is the reigning Intercontinental Champion. Storm and Credible have some heat between them going back to September, where Credible turned on Storm and then cost him the World Heavyweight Championship at Unforgiven. Justin Credible is the reigning Hardcore Champion.

The Match: Storm and Credible start the match off. Some good mat wrestling by Storm leads to some weak brawling tactics from Credible to try and fight off his opponent. Storm overpowers Credible, so Justin tags to Stryker. Storm and Stryker go toe to toe until Storm is slammed into his team’s corner. CM Punk makes a blind tag and goes after Stryker. Punk overwhelms Stryker with his precise brawling abilities. Hardy enters the ring to try and stop Punk, but gets DDTed for his trouble. Punk tags to Shamrock, who continues to destroy Stryker, who has been softened up by Punk. Hardy is desperate for a tag, but it never comes. Shamrock locks a fierce armbar onto Stryker and he taps out!

Rating: Good tag match! Nice to see the bookers haven’t forgotten about the Storm/Credible situation after all! ***

Threats are exchanged as the heels huddle up with each other and back their way up the ramp. Punk, Storm, and Shamrock remain in the ring, pointing and taunting.

Tenay: The losing streak of Mattitude 2.0 continues!

Snow: When will they learn? I wouldn’t exactly recommend they keep up any sort of alliance with Justin Credible either.

Winners at 10:53: CM Punk, Lance Storm, and Frank Shamrock

Life’s Not Fair

In the back, the Coach is standing by with Steve Corino.

Coach: Steve, earlier we heard Bryan Danielson challenge Chris Benoit for the World title at Vengeance. What is your reaction to this?

Corino: I think that’s absolutely insane! Danielson thinks he’s a big man now because he beat Benoit at Survivor Series? Does he even realize that he would not have won that match if it had not been for me walking away! Had I stayed, we would’ve had ourselves a handicap match and he’d be seen as the loser he really is! Hell, if Danielson is being considered for a title shot, then that better not happen before I get MY chance!

HBK enters.

HBK: You know something, it’s great that you all are making calls on who should get a title shot, but you are forgetting something. Only one man on Raw gets to make those types of decisions. And that man is not you, Steve Corino. I have not yet reached a decision for Vengeance, but I do need a main event tonight. That is why I think our Tag Team Champions, J.R. Ryder and Brian Kendrick, should put their titles on the line against the team of Steve Corino… and Chris Benoit!

Corino: You HAVE to be joking! That’s a load of crap!

HBK: Go cry me a river, Steve. Oh, and that match is next!

World Tag Team Championship: The R&S Connection © vs Chris Benoit and Steve Corino

Match Background: Benoit and Corino are true enemies. Chris Benoit is the reigning World Heavyweight Champion. Reminder, J.R. Ryder needs to always retain his Tag Team Championship to remain on Raw. If the R&S Connection lose the titles, Ryder is being sent back to Smackdown!

The Match: Corino and Benoit get up in each other’s face. They are too focused threatening each other to not notice Ryder and Kendrick jumping them. A brawl breaks out, and it deteriorates into Corino and Ryder being the two men in the ring. Tenay mentions how much he enjoyed the Ryder vs Corino parts of the eight-man tag at Survivor Series and puts over the talents of both men. Corino overpowers Ryder, and walks over to Benoit, who is asking for a tag. Corino chops Benoit across the chest, and the ref counts it as a tag. Benoit furiously enters the ring and tackles J.R. Ryder. Ryder keeps trying to tag in Brian Kendrick, but is stopped each time. Benoit hits his rolling German suplex spot on Ryder and delivers four Germans before he is done. Benoit goes back to his corner and lands a vicious chop on Corino, trying to out-do him. Corino gets back into the ring and goes back to work on Ryder. Kendrick is getting antsy, but Ryder is still unable to make the tag. Finally, Ryder reverses a suplex by Corino and lands a neck-breaker out of desperation. He makes the tag to Kendrick. Benoit rushes the ring, but Kendrick cleans house on both him and Corino! He goes for a pinfall on Corino, but Benoit breaks it up. Benoit then aggressively helps Corino to his feet. Benoit returns to the corner, and while Kendrick is down, Corino is so mad over what Benoit did, he charges Benoit and clotheslines him off the canvas! The referee counts that as a tag, but Kendrick misses that part and rolls up Corino! The ref cannot make the three-count, and Kendrick realizes what has happened. However, to his fortune, Benoit is now doing to Corino exactly what Corino did to Benoit at Survivor Series: he is walking away. The referee counts out Chris Benoit, who is the legal man, while Ryder and Kendrick double-team Corino. Benoit is laughing.

Rating: Benoit and Corino did a good job performing as partners who hate each other. Solid stuff from Kendrick and Ryder make this a good match! ***1/2!

Tenay: How appropriate! Benoit has given Corino a taste of his own medicine!

Ryder and Kendrick pose with their titles as Raw goes off the air.

Winners at 16:45 and STILL World Tag Team Champions: The R&S Connection

Smackdown Preview for 11/24!

The fall-out from Survivor Series begins this Thursday, Live on Spike TV! WWF Champion Rhyno is said to be in a very good mood, so this can only mean bad things for the superstars who opposed him on Sunday!

Already signed for the show, Kurt Angle makes his in-ring return to Smackdown when he faces fellow former amateur grappler, Charlie Haas! Plus, Chad Collyer, Paul London, The Acid Cult, and Johnny Stamboli will be in the house!

Credit: WWF.com

Smackdown!

November 23rd 2006

The pyro explodes and the crowd pops just like they always do. Michael Cole and Tazz welcome us to the program and Cole displays his unhappiness over Team Rhyno winning at Survivor Series. Tazz is indifferent, but looking forward to hearing from the WWF Champion.

A Happy Champion

Rhyno, Mike Sanders, and Rodney Mack make their way to the ring. Rhyno appears to be overwhelmed by happiness, Sanders looks smug, and Rodney is more or less just dragging his feet. Sanders grabs a microphone.

Sanders: All I can say is “what a Survivor Series!” You know something, I was afraid for a little while there, but how could I have been so foolish. Rhyno displayed a champion’s strength and beat Chad Collyer, again, after forty minutes of grueling action! All of you stupid fans who doubt that Rhyno is the greatest WWF Champion in history can shove it!

Rhyno: Damn straight, Mike. Now that things are back on MY TERMS, I am DONE defending my title for November. I will CHOOSE my opponent next month and I can PROMISE that it will NOT be anyone from TEAM COLLYER!

Rodney: Hold on now, Champ. You are the “greatest WWF Champion ever.” Why don’t you defend against someone from Team Collyer? You already beat them all on Sunday anyways, what do you have to fear?

Rhyno: They don’t deserve it. Besides, Collyer and London had their shots and I beat both of them! Rave and Nova? Don’t make me laugh! And Kurt Angle? What has he done to deserve a shot? He disappears for three years and just shows up and acts like he never left? Rodney, your thoughts are not HELPFUL, so STAY OUT OF THIS!

Sanders: Hey, now! You two calm down. I agree with Rhyno on this one. No one on Team Collyer deserves another shot at the WWF Championship. However, I can think of someone who does. This person has done a lot of good here on Smackdown. That person is… Rodney Mack.

Rhyno and Rodney: What??

Sanders: That’s right, in three weeks, in this very ring, you two will compete for the WWF title. This is the SARS way of saying “thank you” Rodney.

Rhyno doesn’t like this one bit, but Tazz and Cole find this match-up intriguing.

Mark and Jay Briscoe vs Sean O'Haire and Trent Acid

Match Background: The Acid Cult are coming off of a big win at Survivor Series. The Briscoe Boys were last seen coming up short in a #1 Contenders match for the WWF Tag titles.

The Match: Really intense spot wrestling by Jay Briscoe and Trent Acid to start things off. The Briscoes do a good job of keeping Acid from tagging in O’Haire for a while, making frequent tags themselves. Finally, JC Ice runs to ringside and jumps onto the apron, distracting the referee. O’Haire enters the ring illegally and destroys both Briscoes. Acid covers Mark Briscoe, and JC Ice jumps down. 1-2-3, Acid and O’Haire win!

Cole: The Acid Cult continues their reign of terror on Smackdown.

Tazz: C’mon, Cole! This is not the first time a team has cheated to win.

My Opinion: Both teams clicked really well and put on a good match, considering the time given. ***1/4

Winners at 16:36: Sean O’Haire and Trent Acid

Starting Over

Orlando Jordan is walking through the back, when he comes into Chad Collyer and Paul London discussing their match strategy by a water cooler.

Jordan: Hey, guys. Did you hear what Mike Sanders announced earlier?

London: You mean the part about “no one from Team Collyer challenging for the WWF title anymore?”

Jordan: Yeah, that part.

Collyer: It’s complete crap. Sanders knows that any of us are capable of taking the belt off of Rhyno.

Jordan: I know you guys can.

London: Yeah, I can’t believe I actually want Rodney Mack to win a match and beat Rhyno in three weeks.

Jordan: Yeah… so, what are you guys going to do in the meantime?

Collyer: We’ve decided to focus our attention on the Royal Rumble. Sanders cannot stop us there.

London: And to prepare for that, we’re going after the WWF Tag titles.

Jordan: That’s awesome.

Collyer: Oh yeah. So now that you’ve got Nunzio out of your skin, any big plans?

Jordan: Well, Rhyno is going to need a challenger for the Royal Rumble. I figured why not me? Rhyno and I were the final two in last year’s Rumble match, so that’s my goal.

London: (Half-sarcastic) Wow, good luck with that. Sanders has built a force field of sorts around Rhyno, totally protecting him. Survivor Series was a disaster for our cause.

Jordan: Don’t worry guys. One of you is going to win the Rumble and meet me at Wrestlemania. I have a good feeling about it.

Non-title match: Ken Shamrock and Simon Diamond vs Chad Collyer and Paul London

Match Background: Shamrock and Diamond are the reigning WWF Tag Team champions, and have been since 26 October 2006. Paul London is the reigning WWF United States champion, and has been since 16 November 2006.

The Match: A slow start, with Shamrock and London in the ring. It builds up a bit and Diamond gets tagged in. We break for a commercial and come back to see Diamond and Collyer battling it out. Collyer tries to lock on the Texas Cloverleaf, but Shamrock breaks it up. Collyer tags London in and he tries to out-wrestle Shamrock. This results in Shamrock locking on an ankle lock, but London makes it to the ropes. The action continues for another few minutes with neither team picking up any advantage or disadvantage. Collyer keeps almost making pinfalls on Diamond, but Shamrock keeps breaking it up, so London goes over to his corner and pulls him off the apron. This leaves Collyer able to lock on the Texas Cloverleaf for real and Diamond taps!

Cole: Collyer and London officially enter the tag team division and immediately defeat the champions!

Tazz: Not a bad debut at all.

Cole: Hey wait... it's that mystery guy again!

The man dressed as Simon Diamond enters the ring and attacks Collyer from behind. London enters to try and make the save, but Shamrock trips him from outside. The newcomer lays a series of punches onto Collyer. Shamrock and Diamond make it to their feet and raise their arms up with this newcomer. Diamond takes a microphone.

Simon: Ladies and gentlemen of the audience, it is my pleasure to introduce you all to the man Michael Cole has titled "Simon Diamond wannabe." Some of you might find such a concept to be rediculous, but who else is better for impersonation? Such gratitude has earned him the spot as our right-hand man, and future United States Champion, so watch out, London! His name is Rob Conway, and he is here to stay!

Conway poses for the audience, and Michael Cole and Tazz flip out.

My Opinion: Really good match. ***3/4

Winners at 10:31: Chad Collyer and Paul London

Unhappy GM

Josh Matthews is standing by with Johnny Stamboli and Erik Watts.

Josh: Johnny Stamboli, at Survivor Series, a team captained by you was defeated by the Acid Cult. How do you feel about the loss?

Stamboli: What do you mean “how do I feel?” It always sucks to lose a match, this time was no exception. My pride was on the line though, as I know I can beat O’Haire in singles competition… (Mike Sanders enters)

Sanders: But you didn’t at Survivor Series! You need to know that the Acid Cult is driving me insane! They putting Smackdown at risk for legal troubles and are blatantly disrespecting my authority! I was counting on you to take them out at Survivor Series and you blew it.

Watts: You were “counting on us?” Let’s get something straight, Mike, my client does not do your dirty work. If you have a problem with the Acid Cult, why don’t you get your pet WWF Champion to take care of it for you!

Sanders: Rhyno is too important for that kind of crap. You know what, why don’t I book you for a match tonight, Erik. You can head out to the ring and face your client, Mr. Stamboli, right now.

Stamboli: What? That’s not fair!

Sanders: Deal with it. And the next time I am counting on you, you had better deliver.

Johnny Stamboli vs Erik Watts

Match Background: Sanders just made this match between wrestler and manager out of spite for Stamboli’s lack of obedience.

The Match: Both men are reluctant to fight, but they shake hands to start off and begin to brawl. Hardly a wrestling move can be seen, as they just punch and kick each other. It’s important to point out that no cheap shots are made either. Match ends with Stamboli reversing a suplex by Watts and setting him up for a front face crusher. Stamboli makes the cover and 1-2-3, Stamboli wins. Afterwards, Stamboli helps Watts to his feet and they shake hands again.

Cole: That wasn’t right, Tazz. Erik Watts and Johnny Stamboli should not have been made to fight each other.

Tazz: They made the best of it though, not resorting to any cheap tricks or making it personal.

My Opinion: Really boring brawl, but had a story to tell. *3/4

Winner at 5:54: Johnny Stamboli

Frankie Kazarian vs JC Ice

Before the match begins, Jamie Noble, with the Cruiserweight Championship around his waist, joins Michael Cole and Tazz at the commentator’s booth.

Match Background: JC Ice is a member of the Acid Cult and pinned Cruiserweight Champion Jamie Noble in their Classic Survivor Match at the pay-per-view.

The Match: Kazarian and JC Ice proceed to have a spot-filled match while Noble makes conversation with Cole and Tazz.

Cole: So, what brings you out here tonight?

Noble: I’m scouting my opposition, boy. One of these fellas is likely to be challenging me for this belt soon, so I gotta be ready.

Tazz: Any particular favorite here?

Noble: Frankie is a good ole’ boy! I’d gladly face him any day, but that JC Ice guy is a freaking weirdo! All this worshipping some “master” and following Trent Acid’s orders is might freaky.

Meanwhile, Kazarian slows things down and traps JC Ice in a headlock.

Noble: See, boys, this is why Frankie rules so much! He knows how to fly and wear down an opponent, which is why I like wrasslin’ him so freaking much!

JC Ice breaks out of the headlock and bounces off the ropes. He flips over Kazarian and powerbombs him. He makes a cover for a 1-2-3!

Cole: JC Ice just won the match, hey, where are you going?

Jamie Noble makes his way into the ring and gets in JC Ice’s face. The two of them stare a whole through each other and Jamie Noble holds the Cruiserweight title up. The two of them get into a fighting stance, when Trent Acid appears on the stage.

Acid: NO! Ice, I demand you to step down! Now is not the time for the fight!

JC Ice bites his thumb at Noble and leaves the ring. Noble is puzzled.

My Opinion: A total spot-fest, but a damn good one at that. Could have used without the rest-hold, but whatever. ***

Winner at 8:11: JC Ice

Kurt Angle vs Charlie Haas (with Shelton Benjamin)

Match Background: Kurt Angle eliminated Charlie Haas from the main event at Survivor Series. There is a lot of heat between Angle and Haas’s partner, Benjamin, stemming back to Angle’s departure from the WWF in 2004.

The Match: Angle and Haas start off slowly, trying to gain advantage. Finally, it explodes and Angle viciously suplexes Haas over his head. Emerald Fusion by Kurt Angle on Haas. For about five minutes, there is little else other than Angle squashing Haas, until Haas sneaks in a low blow without the ref seeing it. Angle goes down and Haas starts working on Angle’s knee as we go to a commercial. After the break, Haas has locked himself onto Angle’s knee and is twisting it ferociously. Angle is close to making it to the ropes, but Benjamin actually grabs the rope and pulls it back a couple inches, making it just out of Angle’s grasp. The ref puts a stop to it and Haas let’s go of the hold. The next five minutes are Haas squashing Angle, to even things out. Haas even manages to land a moonsault and goes for a cover, and only gets a two-count. Haas is relentless on Angle’s knee and continues to kick and elbow drop onto it. Angle unexpectedly rolls up Haas, but only gets a two count. Both men are now up, though Angle’s knee is clearly hurting him. This doesn’t stop Angle from delivering the Angle-Slam to a flustered Charlie Haas. 1….2….3! Angle wins!

After the decision, Benjamin floods into the ring and knocks Angle down. He has a chair with him, and he nails Angle’s knee with it! He is about to go for another one when Jimmy Rave and Nova come running in for the save.

Cole: Rave and Nova just saved Angle from a brutal beat-down from Shelton Benjamin!

Tazz: Who’d of thunk it, Cole? I figured their teaming up at Survivor Series was a one-time deal!

Cole: The winds of change are here, Tazz, even if Rhyno’s team did win on Sunday.

Threats are exchanged as Smackdown goes off the air.

My Opinion: Angle’s in-ring return to Smackdown disappoints no one and delivers with flying colors! ****

Winner at 15:41: Kurt Angle

Velocity Spoilers

AJ Styles and Low Ki def Alex Arion and Blue Meanie

Great match, history between Low Ki and Arion factored in here and the Blue Meanie was carried nicely. ***

Doug Basham def Reno

About what you'd expect, lots of brawling. Danny Basham got into a fight with Bill DeMott at ringside. *1/2

Rodney Mack def Funaki

Not a squash, but meant to put over Rodney Mack as the challenger for the WWF title in a few weeks. **

Raw Preview!

A huge main event has been signed for Raw on 11/27/06! GM Shawn Michaels has signed a triple threat match to determine the number one contender for Chris Benoit's World Heavyweight Championship at Vengeance! The match will feature Bryan Danielson vs J.R. Ryder vs Brian Kendrick, as an award from HBK for helping to end Evolution's grip on Raw!

Also scheduled to appear are Steve Corino, Mattitude 2.0, Hardcore Champion Justin Credible, and of course, a hardcore rematch pitting Adam Hastey against Bubbay Ray Dudley!

Credit: WWF.com

Raw

November 27th 2006

A video recap of last week’s brawl between Chris Benoit, Bryan Danielson, and Steve Corino opens the show. The pyro explodes and Mike Tenay and Al Snow welcome us to another exciting episode of Monday Night Raw! Al Snow cannot wait for the #1 Contendership match for the World Heavyweight Championship tonight, as Bryan Danielson, J.R. Ryder, and Brian Kendrick will meet in a triple threat match! The first bout of the night is ready to begin as Matt Hardy and the Intercontinental Champion, Matt Stryker, are in the ring ready for a match. The Gathering’s music plays, and out comes CM Punk, Julio Dinero, and Alexis Laree!

CM Punk and Julio Dinero (with Alexis Laree) vs Mattitude 2.0

Match Background: Matt Stryker is the reigning WWF Intercontinental champion, and has been since 30 October 2006. Mattitude 2.0 and the Gathering have crossed paths several times in the past several months, most notably dominating them during a 10-man elimination tag match at Survivor Series.

The Match: CM Punk and Matt Stryker start off, with a series of grappling and counters. Tenay puts Stryker over for being able to keep up with CM Punk. Finally, Punk gains the advantage and suplexes Stryker. The IC Champ makes a tag to Matt Hardy, and Hardy charges Punk and takes him down with a clothesline. Hardy chooses to punch and kick away at Punk until Julio tags himself into the match. Punk isn’t too happy at this, but takes it. Julio returns the punch and kick offense to Matt Hardy and Hardy is unable to get any offense in for a few minutes. After several minutes of this, Punk tags himself in, only more aggressively than Dinero had earlier. Punk begins to clear house and takes Hardy down with a series of vicious clotheslines. He locks Hardy into the Devil’s Lock, but Matt Stryker breaks it up. Julio enters the ring and throws Stryker over the ropes, but while the referee is trying to get Julio out of the ring, Hardy lowblows Punk and rolls him up. The referee turns around and 1…2….3, Hardy pins CM Punk!

Tenay: Matt Hardy just stole a victory over CM Punk!

Snow: That was a classic act of cheating we just witnessed, Mike.

Punk is outraged. Alexis tries to tend to him, but he shoves her away and leaves. Julio and Alexis are left standing in the ring, and share their confusion with one another.

Tenay: CM Punk took that loss pretty severely.

Snow: Well, he’s embarrassed. Remember, he does not consider Matt Hardy to be on his level, nor does he consider Stryker to be a fit Intercontinental Champion!

My Opinion: Hardy was his usual unmotivated self and brought this match down with his half-hearted ring work. **3/4.

Winners at 7:42: Mattitude 2.0

Something Isn’t Right

After the break, the music of Steve Corino hits the speakers and the crowd unleashes a barrage of heat onto him. Corino just soaks it up and marches his way into the ring. He takes a microphone.

Corino: Something is not right here on Raw. Tonight, three superstars will get the chance to become the number one contender for Chris Benoit’s World Title. Something is wrong though, because I am not one of them! It does not end there either! Let’s take a look at who these three men are. Bryan Danielson? He’s Shawn Michael’s little bitch boy who Michaels signed to Raw just to help him establish his power! Brian Kendrick? He’s another HBK protégé who continues to suck up to him. And J.R. Ryder? Ryder does not even BELONG here on Raw, he is a Smackdown superstar who is only here because Shawn Michaels needs him! This is a conspiracy and everyone knows it! This is … (cut off by HBK’s music).

Shawn Michaels makes his way to the ring and dances around for a bit. As he faces Corino, his expression becomes serious. He yanks Corino’s microphone out of his hand.

HBK: Steve, I’m detecting some jealousy from you tonight. I am also detecting some lack of judgment. Is it true that the three superstars competing tonight for the title shot at Vengeance are friends of mine? Yes. Are they receiving this chance because they are my friends? No. They are being given this chance because over the past several months on Raw, they have picked up victory after victory and have proven to me that they are championship material. You, Steve Corino, have not. If you want a title shot, you need to earn it. You can start by showing me that you are a capable team player. Tonight I’ve scheduled you to compete in a tag match against a couple of guys who I really want to learn to get along. They are Randy Orton and John Jeter. Your tag partner tonight will be none other than Chris Benoit!

Corino is outraged by this announcement. He starts shouting at HBK.

HBK: Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold it there, Steve! You didn’t let me finish! If you and Benoit can coexist in your tag match, then next week you will face the winner of tonight’s triple threat match. If you win next week, then you will get a place in the main event at Vengeance and will compete for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Corino: Hold it now, what’s to stop Benoit from starting crap with me just so I’ll attack him and give up my chance!

HBK: Who’s to say he won’t? I’m not testing Benoit tonight, I’m testing you. Regardless of how Benoit treats you tonight, you must not use physical force against him, even if he’s chopping the hell out of you. If you lay a hand on him, walk away from him, or avoid a tag from him, you will lose your shot next week. Understood.

Corino: (Reluctantly) You’re on!

Tenay: Steve Corino is beside himself! He thought he could just demand a title shot, but our GM is going to make him earn it!

Snow: For his sake, let’s hope Benoit has cooled down since last week!

Hardcore Championship: Justin Credible © vs Tommy Dreamer

Match Background: This will be a hardcore bout. This match is for the WWF Hardcore title. Justin Credible has been WWF Hardcore champion since 16 October 2006.

The Match: Dreamer immediately lays into Credible and the brawl spills onto the outside floor within seconds. Dreamer has brought out a shopping cart full of weapons, so he leaves Credible long enough to grab his kendo stick. While he does this, Credible pulls a fire extinguisher out from under the ring. As Dreamer charges, Credible turns it on and it gets all over Dreamer. With Dreamer in a stupor, Credible goes for a super-kick and it hits Dreamer with a sickening force. He goes for a cover when Lance Storm jumps over the guard rail and breaks up the cover. Storm lands some punches on Credible and as he stands up, nails Credible with a super-kick of his own. Tenay is upset because Storm is breaking up HBK’s rule of no interference, but then Storm does something surprising. He puts Credible’s arm over Dreamer and the referee counts the pinfall. Justin Credible retains the Hardcore title!

Tenay: What the hell did Lance Storm just do?

Snow: I think he is trying to avoid consequences from Shawn Michaels, so he is making it so his interference did not matter. Justin Credible still wins the match, only he is in much more pain than he might have been.

Tenay: Well, I don’t think Tommy Dreamer is going to be too happy with either man when he wakes up.

My Opinion: That was hardly a match, 1/4*.

Winner at 2:03 and STILL Hardcore Champion: Justin Credible

A Champion in Crossroads

In the back, Todd Grisham is standing by with the World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Benoit.

Todd: Chris, recent events have…

Benoit: Save it, Todd. Don’t even try and spin what’s been happening here on Raw in your own words, it just makes you sound pathetic! I know I have a lot of obstacles ahead of me, and guess what, it does not matter! Bryan Danielson making me tap out sucked, but it did not kill me. Evolution being forced to disband also sucked, but I will survive? I didn’t need back-up any way! And now, Shawn Michaels has given me a marvelous present in Steve Corino. He cannot lay a hand on me or he’ll lose a chance to face me for this title. It must be my birthday. I am in no trouble, Todd. I am the World Heavyweight Champion, and I am getting stronger with each passing week.

Taylor Matheny vs Jazz

Match Background: Taylor returned to Raw last week by attacking Women’s Champion Victoria. Jazz has not been seen in a while.

The Match: The crowd gives Taylor some massive face heat, but Jazz gets very little reaction. Taylor and Jazz have a typical popcorn match, with Taylor dishing out most of the offense. She goes to the top rope for her signature flying cross-body, but Jazz moves out of the way. Jazz goes for a cover but only gets a 2-count. Jazz locks on a sloppy STF, and puts the pressure on. Taylor fights her way out of the hold and locks on her own version of the STF. Jazz has no choice but to tap out!

Tenay: Taylor Matheny just made Jazz tap out with her own submission hold!

Snow: Taylor clearly hasn’t missed a beat while she’s been gone! I can’t say I’m surprised though, she was trained by me afterall!

My Opinion: Taylor brought the good, but Jazz brought the suck. *1/2

Winner at 4:23: Taylor Matheny

Troubled Partners

Randy Orton is sitting in his dressing room, taping up his wrists for his match. John Jeter enters.

Jeter: Randy, I need to know, are you and I going to be cool in our match tonight?

Orton: Why wouldn’t we be?

Jeter: Well, there is that instance of last week when I was being beat down by the Beautiful People and you stood by and watched.

Orton: Oh, that. What are you going to do about it.

Jeter: I was going to kick your ass, until Trish talked me out of it.

Orton: Ha, do you always do what Trish tells you to?

Jeter: … No.

Orton: Whatever, it does not matter, John. I would say that after last week, you and I are even. Let’s just go out there and win a match.

Jeter: Sounds good to me.

Randy Orton and John Jeter (with Trish Stratus) vs Chris Benoit and Steve Corino

Match Background: Chris Benoit is the reigning World Heavyweight champion, and has been since 27 June 2006. HBK made this match because both pairs of partners have had trouble getting along. At Survivor Series, Jeter left Orton hanging while he tried to save Trish Stratus from an attack, which caused Orton to be pinned. Last week, Orton stood by and did nothing while the Beautiful People beat up Jeter. Meanwhile, Corino cost Benoit a match at that same show, only intentionally. As a result, Evolution was forced to disband due to prior announced stipulations.

The Match: There is heavy tension all around. Orton and Jeter are clearly at least pretending to get along, but Benoit and Corino make no attempt to disguise their hatred of each other. Benoit reminds Corino of what happens if he hits him, which makes Corino even angrier. Finally Jeter and Orton jump Benoit and Corino, and the ref calls for the bell, with Jeter and Benoit being the legal men. Benoit totally dominates Jeter in the early going, including landing his triple German Suplex spot in early. Benoit, feeling confident, goes to his corner and chops Corino across the chest as a way of tagging him in. Corino, looking angrier by the minute, responds by saying “Live it up now, Champ, I’m taking your belt away at Vengeance.” Corino lifts Jeter off the mat and applies a headlock. Jeter is fading quickly, and Trish Stratus is heard at ringside cheering him on to snap out of it. Jeter starts elbowing Corino in the kidney area and he escapes. Orton is tagged in and he clotheslines Corino to the floor. Corino slides his leg around and knocks Orton over. Corino locks on a choke hold onto Orton, which the referee counts to 4 before Corino releases him. The two men begin to brawl, until Orton gets a clear advantage. Orton goes for the RKO and hits it dead on! He goes for a cover, but CORINO KICKS OUT! No one in the arena can believe that Steve Corino just kicked out of an RKO, especially Orton! Orton is disgusted and he ups and leaves the ring. Jeter runs after him, pleading to go back. Orton just turns around and slaps the taste out of Jeter’s mouth. Jeter doesn’t take this too kindly and begins to lay a series of punches in on Orton. Meanwhile, the referee has counted Orton and Jeter out, thus giving the match to Chris Benoit and Steve Corino.

Tenay: What chaos! The sparks are flying all over the place!

The brawl between Orton and Jeter becomes bloody as they start ramming each other’s heads into the stage area. Finally, Orton lifts up Jeter and throws him off the stage onto a table. Trish is pleading with him, but Orton just looks at her coldly and leaves. Meanwhile, in the ring, Corino is still trying to recover from the RKO, but Chris Benoit jumps him and locks on the Crippler Crossface! He holds the move onto Corino until he passes out. Benoit then grabs his title and poses over the body of Steve Corino.

Snow: I have never seen anything like what just happened! John Jeter just got thrown off the stage, EMT’s are rushing over to care for him, and now Steve Corino has passed out in the middle of the ring!

Tenay: Corino kept to his word though, he never showed aggression towards Benoit! This means that Corino will get his #1 Contender’s match next week!

My Opinion: *** rating for an above average match!

Winners by count-out at 8:31: Chris Benoit and Steve Corino

Bubba Ray Dudley vs Adam Hastey

Match Background: This will be a hardcore bout. The winner of this match will face Justin Credible next week for the Hardcore Championship. Right before Survivor Series, Hastey participated in destroying Dudley with a baseball bat. Last week Hastey got himself disqualified during a match against him.

The Match: Adam Hastey is clearly out of his element, as Bubba Ray dominates from the get go. Hastey has a baseball bat with him, but he does not get a chance to use it as Dudley is taking the fight to him too fast. Bubba gets a chair and whacks Hastey over the head and then a few more times when Hastey hits the mat. Bubba goes for a cover, but only gets two. Hastey reaches for his baseball bat and smashes it over Dudley’s head. Hastey goes for a cover but Bubba throws him off after a 2-count! Hastey lifts Bubba up and uses all of his force to powerbomb him. He goes for another cover but gets another two. This time, Bubba Ray Dudley lowblows Hastey, which is legal in this match. Hastey can hardly stand, but collapses in the corner, with his legs sticking out. Bubba exits the ring long enough to get a sports bag from under the ring. He has a bowling uniform in it and puts it and then pulls out an actual bowling ball! He rolls the ball into Hastey’s groin as Al Snow has a fit on commentary over Bubba Ray stealing his spot. “We are going to have words later” says Snow. Bubba Ray then looks up to the ceiling and shouts “Bubba, get the table!” He exits again and grabs a table from under the ring. He sets it up in the middle of the ring and puts Hastey on top of it. He then climbs to the top of a turnbuckle and dives off, landing right on Hastey. Dudley goes for a cover and 1…2....3! Bubba Ray faces Justin Credible next week!

Tenay: Now this is what I call justice! Bubba Ray Dudley gets his payback on Adam Hastey and receives a chance to win the Hardcore title in the process!

Snow: But that bastard stole my bowling ball spot!

My Opinion: This was a total garbage match that lacked any sort of actual psychology. It was very entertaining, but still only gets a *3/4

Winner at 6:56: Bubba Ray Dudley

After the break…

The camera turns to Mike Tenay and Al Snow.

Tenay: During the break, General Manager Shawn Michaels announced that at Vengeance, Randy Orton will face John Jeter in a match!

Snow: That’s not all, he also signed two matches for next week. Tommy Dreamer will face Lance Storm next week in another #1 Contendership match for the Hardcore title! He was not happy about Storm’s interference earlier tonight, even if it did not chance the outcome of the match.

Tenay: Not only that, but he officially signed Steve Corino to face whoever wins this next match!

#1 Contendership: Bryan Danielson vs Brian Kendrick vs J.R. Ryder

Match Background: This will be a triangle bout. R & S Connection are the reigning World Tag Team champions, and have been since 25 September 2006. All three men are allies and are friends with Shawn Michaels. The winner of this match will compete for the World Heavyweight title at Vengeance and will compete against Steve Corino next week on Raw.

The Match: All three men shake hands before the match begins. There are no heels in this match, so there is little chance of two of them teaming up against another one. Rather, Kendrick, not wanting to fight his own tag partner, throws J.R. Ryder over the top rope and goes after Danielson. The two men put on a spectacle as Kendrick jumps and flies to avoid Danielson’s stiff offense. Ryder reenters the ring and attacks Danielson. For a few minutes, the R&S Connection double-team Danielson, including a double powerbomb that almost knocks him out. Ryder and Kendrick shake hands again and tie up. They go for a test of strength, which Kendrick dominates in the early going, but Ryder makes a comeback and suplexes him. With Kendrick down, Ryder goes to the top rope and delivers a fierce moonsault. Ryder goes for a cover, but Bryan Danielson breaks it up. With Kendrick still down, Danielson goes and locks on the Cattle Mutilation onto Ryder. Ryder almost gives up, but Kendrick breaks up the hold just in time. Kendrick and Danielson start going at it again, until Ryder regains himself. He comes up behind Danielson and dishes out a German suplex. As he stands up, Kendrick is ready for Ryder and Irish-Whips him into the corner. Kendrick sets up Ryder for a huge top rope suplex, but Danielson comes running up behind him. Danielson sets up a devastating moment, as he powerbombs Kendrick, who is suplexing Ryder. With both members of the R&S Connection down, Danielson covers Ryder (who got the worse of the fall) and gets the 1…2…3!

Tenay: What an insane match! Bryan Danielson has triumphed! At Vengeance, we will see Bryan Danielson vs Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Championship!

Snow: Don’t forget, Corino is getting a chance to join the match next week! If he beats Danielson, we might be seeing a far different main event!

Tenay: Either way, it’s going to be tense! Chris Benoit’s greatest enemies are both coming after him for his World title!

My Opinion: An awesome pure wrestling match, with sound psychology! ****

Winner at 21:31 and #1 Contender: Bryan Danielson

The show ends with Danielson helping up both Kendrick and Ryder, and all three of them shaking hands and congratulating Danielson.