TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

Men's basketball Conference Tournament thread

Ah crap......this just wasn't OU's season. They lost Bookout, they lost Brown at the end(though he didn't do much) and they don't really have an overall star that can control the game. Plus they're all so young.

But next season......they should be pretty good next season. I predict they'll take the Big XII next season. If not the regular season then the tourney.

My friend came up with this......"How is it that our school can come up with the uncanny ability to screw up everything good that happens to us?"

I wondered the same.......this just wasn't a good season for OU sports.....we make it to the top of the mountain and then fall. Ah well......what're you gonna do?

Funny though. My dad goes "Well OSU is better than OU at everything! HAHA!" prompting me to go "Everything? How many national title have you won in Football? What was that? None! Oh bitch we have 7! How many conference titles have you won? None.....oh we have 38 biatch! How many bowl games have you won? We've won 23! Bite me!"

To bad we can't do this shit in basketball though.............

Guest Choken One

Hey, Dama...Since The Sooners bombed...Jump onto the UC bandwagon with me!

Guest Jimbo
SHIT! Oklahoma just blew there lead and lost by 3 points. God dammit........there season is over now.

Ah well......I have my list of who I root for.

And according to my list when OU isn't available I root for the other state schools..........*steals dad's OSU hat* GO COWBOYS.

Jumpin' on the OSU bandwagon, eh? They aren't rivals or anything to you Sooner fans?

SHIT! Oklahoma just blew there lead and lost by 3 points. God dammit........there season is over now.

And according to my list when OU isn't available I root for the other state schools..........*steals dad's OSU hat* GO COWBOYS.

Jumpin' on the OSU bandwagon, eh? They aren't rivals or anything to you Sooner fans?

They are my rival. But like I said.......I have a simple College Sports rooting list.

OU above all else.

If the Sooners are not available then root for another state school(OSU or Tulsas).

If the state schools are not available then root for Big XII schools.

If Big XII schools are not available then root for Michigan.

If Michigan is not available......then fuck it and root for whoever you feel like rooting for.

Guest Jimbo

If Stanford loses-- in or out?

Suddenly, St. Joe's loss isn't looking THAT bad....

btw, with Miss St. fallen, I think Pitt is next in line (especially if they win the Big East tourney over UConn), then Kentucky there after...

Guest Jimbo

They are my rival. But like I said.......I have a simple College Sports rooting list.

OU above all else.

If the Sooners are not available then root for another state school(OSU or Tulsas).

If the state schools are not available then root for Big XII schools.

If Big XII schools are not available then root for Michigan.

If Michigan is not available......then fuck it and root for whoever you feel like rooting for.

Ha, a Michigan fan too? May I ask why?

I have this weird obession with Michigan athletics, too. I have no reason..I suppose the name "Wolverines" is sorta neat, and their football helmets are kinda cool, but I thought the Bucs uniforms were awesome a few years back and now I despise them, lol.

I have no idea what attracted me too them, but I've always loved their teams and players...can't say an ill-word about any of them.

Guest Redhawk

Utah State just lost, which probably takes away someone else's at-large bid.

Some Maryland fan (Im assuming) shot themselves in the leg accidently with a gun they snuck in the arena and had to be carried out on a stretcher duringt he Terps/Demon Deacons game.

Terps are winning 75-71 with 6:00 to go.

If Stanford loses-- in or out?

Well that question was anwered.

Utah State just lost, which probably takes away someone else's at-large bid.

Yup, only their 3rd loss of the season and they were #35 in the RPI coming in. That's now two bids taken away from more deserving teams because of these pointless conference tournaments.

Guest Choken One
Some Maryland fan (Im assuming) shot themselves in the leg accidently with a gun they snuck in the arena and had to be carried out on a stretcher duringt he Terps/Demon Deacons game.

WTF?

SOMEONE BROUGHT A FUCKING GUN TO A SPORTING EVENT and got away with it?

He'll sue the Venue I'm sure.

WTF?

SOMEONE BROUGHT A FUCKING GUN TO A SPORTING EVENT and got away with it?

He'll sue the Venue I'm sure.

Thats what they said on the radio. Didnt actually see it because the game was blacked out.

The fan didnt exactly "get away with it" since the police know they had a gun, they shot their self with it and they'll probably be arrested after they get out of the hospital.

Guest MikeSC
My number 1's right now: Duke, Stanford (losing by 1 to Oregon at halftime), St. Joseph's, Kentucky.

St. Joseph's won't do it. That loss to Xavier, along with the weakness of the A-10, won't give them a #1 seed.

And, has there EVER been a more painful half to sit through of basketball than the S. Carolina/Arkansas first round game? The last 7 minutes of the game took nearly AN HOUR to finish as Arkansas was fouling on every single possession. I almost wanted to cry watching that.

Well, the Cocks are almost definitely in after dismantling LSU (even after they likely get splattered by Kentucky next round).

#1 Seeds: Duke, Kentucky, Stanford, and probably Oklahoma State.

-=Mike

Guest Redhawk

Enough with all this NCAA Tourney talk....who's gonna win the NIT? I'll root for Oregon, since my team (G'Town) is too fucking sorry to make it, and I went to high school with Oregon's PG, Aaron Brooks.

Enough with all this NCAA Tourney talk....who's gonna win the NIT? I'll root for Oregon, since my team (G'Town) is too fucking sorry to make it, and I went to high school with Oregon's PG, Aaron Brooks.

No one cares about the NIT.

sorry.

Guest Redhawk

sorry.

Oh come on, you know you do.

Guest Choken One

The NIT March Madness brackets are more fun to play anyways.

I'll go with Oklahoma.

Why do I like Michigan Jimbo? I dunno........I've just always liked to root for them in football.

Funny thing is at OU........there are TONS of Michigan shirts everywhere. For some reason Sooner fans love the Wolverine's to.

sorry.

Yup, no one cares about the NIT.

Since Miss State lost, I don't know about the # 1 seeds. I know it will be Duke and Kentucky, other than that I have no idea.

All I know is that UConn got to the Big East final with out Okafor. They are going to play Pitt, who might get a #1 seed if they win the Big East. If they don't beat UConn, they won't get the #1 seed. UConn doesn't deserve a #1 seed, but it will be great if they do. Plus, it will show that they can actually win without their best player.

March Madness this year is going to be crazy. Upsets are going to happen left and right. One team no one thought would win, will probably end up winning.

Of course I am rooting for UConn to win it all, but I know they won't. I can see them getting to the Sweet Sixteen, but I am not hoping for anything past that.

My number 1's right now:  Duke, Stanford (losing by 1 to Oregon at halftime), St. Joseph's, Kentucky.

St. Joseph's won't do it. That loss to Xavier, along with the weakness of the A-10, won't give them a #1 seed.

And, has there EVER been a more painful half to sit through of basketball than the S. Carolina/Arkansas first round game? The last 7 minutes of the game took nearly AN HOUR to finish as Arkansas was fouling on every single possession. I almost wanted to cry watching that.

Well, the Cocks are almost definitely in after dismantling LSU (even after they likely get splattered by Kentucky next round).

#1 Seeds: Duke, Kentucky, Stanford, and probably Oklahoma State.

-=Mike

Please again elaborate about this A-10 weakness? 7 of the 12 teams will get to post-season play which is about par for the course with other conferences.

The Big Ten will get three teams.

The Pac-10 will get three teams.

The A-10 will get three teams.

The A-10's conference RPI is higher than the Pac-10's.

Sorry I have been to 10 A-10 games in three days, I am bitter.

First off, when you say 7 out of the 10 A-10 teams will get post-season play, the NIT doesn't count. No one outside of the schools in the tourney care about it. The mainstream press doesn't give it any coverage, and I could care less.

Yes the A-10 will get three seeds, but none of them will get to the Sweet Sixteen, even St. Joes.

And all of the teams you said will make it, you got from ESPN.com, so you can't pull that one.

The ACC and the Big East will dominate the tourney, that is big prediction for the Big Dance.

Yup, only their 3rd loss of the season and they were #35 in the RPI coming in. That's now two bids taken away from more deserving teams because of these pointless conference tournaments.

I would take Pacific over some of these "deserving" teams (assuming they win the Big West).