ashington - IN

Rice - OUT

Saint Louis - OUT

Troy St. - OUT

Villanova - OUT

Iowa St. - OUT

Wichita St. - OUT

Air Force - IN

Oh OU is not getting into this tournament. And even as a hardened OU fanboy I'd have something to say about them getting in.

They showed fire in the Big XII tourney this year though........which means they should be pretty good next year.

I keep hearing that OSU has no longevity. That next year they won't be worth a damn in the Big XII. Anyone think that's true?

Guest LME
Way to go Maryland.  2 upsets in a row.  Now I could only wish that they stand a chance against Duke tomorrow~!

They have a chance I guess. They played Duke tight 1 of the 2 games this year.

I've heard it about 5 times already that the Terps are peaking at just the right time and I can't forget the Juan Dixon = John Gilchrist comparisons of how Gilchrist is carrying the team just like Dixon did when Maryland won the Title. We'll see....or in my case hear...

Yeah, but while Dixon was unquestionably the man, he had some help. Let's not forget that Drew Nicholas hit some big shots that year, too. Da Terps will need some significant contributions from McCray and Caner-Medley today as well if they want a shot at beating the Dookies.

Guest LME

This...is not good.

Duke's played like crap, but the Terps haven't been able to take real advantage, and has let them back into the game. They're giving up way too many drives and offensive rebounds, and they're leading at halftime. Terps fans know, leading at halftime against Duke is not the best thing to happen. heh

Should be an AWESOME~! second half, though.

Does anyone still like Dick Vitale? The guy is f'n annoying as hell. Once in awhile if he gets over-excited it is ok, but after every shot he has something to hyperventilate over.......ARRRGHHHHH SHUT HIM UP.

Maryland was in after they won that first round ACC tournament game. And as big of a Florida St fan as I am, they are out. They did good though, much better than anyone expected this season.

Vitale and Phelps are wrong, no way the ACC gets in 7 now. The line ends at Maryland. It's a shame cause it was an unbelievable tough conference and FSU hung with all of them but no way do they get in the way they finished.

Does anyone still like Dick Vitale? The guy is f'n annoying as hell. Once in awhile if he gets over-excited it is ok, but after every shot he has something to hyperventilate over.......ARRRGHHHHH SHUT HIM UP.

He's still my idol.

Guest Crazy Dan

Well congrats in order for UOP, finally making it to the tourney. First time that they have made it since they had Olowakandi in '97. I went to school there, and had no idea they were on roll until about a week ago. More than likely they will be exiting in the first round, but it is a cool feeling to see your alma mater have success. They are a hot team right now, but boy did they almost choke last night against Northridge, and that is usually what happens to UOP. In my bracket I will definately have to take them for a round, just on principle, of course unless they are playing a team that I feel could make it to the Final Four, then all bets are off on then, only because I want to win my bracket.

Man, I have no real idea who is going to win this thing this year. There is no one real dominant team, or dominant player to carry his team on his back (Anthony was this last year). And I am not sure about Stanford or St Joes. Stanford struggles against quick atheletic teams in the past, and if they get a team like this, they could be upset. St Joes has great guards and a great player in Nelson, but they also live and die by the three, and if they have to face a team who can out rebound them and their threes don't drop, then they could face an exit before the Final Four. And Gonzaga plays a better underdog, then favorite, but they could go to the Final Four depending on the draw. And Duke is just Duke. Count on them making the Sweet 16 at least, like they always appear to do. But I am not trully impressed with any of their stars. A good team, but one without that star player to take them to the promise land.

So I think those are the top four teams in the rankings. I need to wait until 3pm (west) to see what the bracket looks like. But should be a good tourney. When you have no idea who is going to win, it makes it that much more sweeter.

Guest LME

Gilchrist for ACC tourney MVP. I don't think anything else needs to be said about the matter.

...oh, and OT BAYBEE!!! YEAAAAAAHHHHHH TERPS~!!!!!

Here's my picks:

America East: Vermont

Atlantic 10: Xavier, St. Joseph's, Dayton, Richmond (Last team in)

ACC: Duke, NC State, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Maryland

A-Sun: Central Florida

Big 12: Oklahoma State, Texas, Kansas, Texas Tech

Big East: UConn, Pittsburgh, Providence, Syracuse, Boston College, Seton Hall

Big Sky: Eastern Washington

Big South: Liberty

Big Ten: Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan State

Big West: Pacific, Utah State

Colonial: Virginia Commonwealth

C-USA: Cincinnati, Memphis, Louisville, Charlotte, DePaul, UAB

Horizon: Illinois-Chicago

Ivy: Princeton

MAAC: Manhattan

Mid-Continent: Valparaiso

MAC: Western Michigan

MEAC: Florida A&M

MVC: Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois

MWC: Utah, Air Force, BYU

NEC: Monmouth

OVC: Murray State

Pac-10: Stanford, Arizona, Washington

Patriot: Lehigh

SEC: Kentucky, Mississippi State, Florida, Vanderbilt, Alabama, South Carolina

Southern: East Tennessee State

Southland: Texas-San Antonio

SWAC: Alabama State

Sun Belt: Louisiana-Lafayette

WCC: Gonzaga

WAC: Nevada

Guest Choken One

Glad Mary WON the damn thing...now that means it keeps a AT-LARGE slot open

If anyone had told me my Terps would have been ACC champs last month I'd have laughed in their faaaaaaaaaaaace.

Fuck Duke!

Go Maryland!

I'm hearing Florida St. may STILL get an at-large because of the strength of the ACC.

On one hand, they played with every team in the conference and Maryland winning it proves just how closely stacked the teams in the conference were. However, they didn't finish strong at all.

I don't see it happening but I hope it does. When five teams in your conference are ranked, I don't think taking seven is far fetched.

Guest Jimbo
I just don't like how Vitale is an East Coast junkie. It's kind of annoying.

He only does East Coast games, so of course he's an East Coast junkie-- that's what he knows best!

Hmm.......the Big XII tourney has only been shown on local channels. Since ESPN is in love with the East that's all they show.

Well OU won something.........the Women's Basketball team won the Big XII tournament. Someone wake me when I care about Women's basketball.

Yeah, thats nice except where I live all I could get was the SEC game on CBS and the NBA Game on ABC. No Raycom sports here.

and Im pissed off and happy at the same time because I didn't get to see the game. Im hoping it gets Instant Classic status on ESPN Classic so I can see it.

Oklahoma State just got done BITCH SLAPPING Texas. 65-49.

So OSU wins the regular season outright and then wins the conference tournament.

I dunno......the Big XII may be the only major conference where who was supposed to win in every tourney game actually won.

OSU is very good......they may just be a Final Four team if not a National Championship team.

And it was just pointed out that the Big XII had TWO teams in the Final Four the past 2 years. Wonder if they can repeat that?

Guest Smues

Oh man. EWU gets OSU in the first round, we're toast. And UW gets an 8th seed.....and would face Kentucky in the 2nd round. This is going to suck.

ok so why isn't Oklahoma State a one seed over Duke or Kentucky. They play in a strong conference and unlike Duke, they won the conference tourney title.

Duke = media darling

Wow. Gonzaga a number two? I never thought I would see the day they would be ranked that high. I figured they would find some way to get screwed over and get ranked 4th or 5th, but I guess that's the cynic in me talking. Hopefully, they will make a good showing.

Damnit I knew they would put Connecticut in Stanford's bracket. UConn has always kicked Stanford's ass when they play including last year's tournament. Hopefully they will get upset early because I'm not liking that potential regional final match-up.

Guest Smues

Oh great Gongaga is playing in Seattle. So now not only am I going to have to put up with all the stupid signs and GO ZAGS crap, but now every one is going to run over to Seattle to see them, then come back even louder. Go other teams.