TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ant_7000

Best Of Biggie Smalls

Since its March 9th the anniversary of Big's death, I heard a nice little Biggie mix on the radio that got me thinking about Big and impact he had in the rap game. So whats your favorite B.I.G. songs?

I was never too much of a Biggie fan, not cause I didn't like him, I just never really got around to listening to him if you know what I mean. If this thread gets a lot of replies I'll probably use it as a springboard, cause I have been meaning to get a little deeper into his catalogue.

Anyway, in my limited experience, "Juicy" is probably my favorite song of his. "Who Shot Ya" is pretty good too. The rebuttal is probably better as a dis, but I still like it a lot.

Which one killed Kwame's career with the line about the poka dots?

"Unbelieveable" :lol: Kwame is producer now, but in a interview Kwame said when at a club and they played "Unbelieveable" after that line you mention played everybody just looked at him. :lol:

I never really got into BIG outside of what was played on the radio (because my mom wouldn't let me buy the CDs, lol), but "Hypnotize" was probably my favorite from him.

I hated him more once the reports of his involvement in 2Pac's murder became public.

Buuuuuuuttttt, as far as his best work goes.

"Juicy"

"Big Poppa"

"Party and Bullshit"

I have Biggie's first two albums (don't know how many have been released since) and the only thing I'm thinking about now is "Warning" (I think that's the title -- "Who the heck is this paging me at 5:36 in the morning...)

The reason I say this is because when I used to work at a test-scoring facility I had one answer from a kid that recited this song's lyrics. The question he was answering was "Give a time where you had to overcome an obstacale." What made this answer great was at the end of the song he just added on to: "Hold on I hear somebody coming." He said after that line, "Oh, it was my friend Rob, so we got dressed and went out."

Gold...

I hated him more once the reports of his involvement in 2Pac's murder became public.

I hope you're not referring to those bullshit LA Times reports that came out a little while back.

I hope you're not referring to those bullshit LA Times reports that came out a little while back.

I don't recall them ever being refuted though.

I don't recall them ever being refuted though.

You honestly believe that bullshit the LA times said? When it was a known fact that Biggie was in a recording studio (Studio Login transcript proved it) in New Jersey at the time Pac got shot. But my favorite songs from him:

Juicy

Big Poppa

Beef

Warning

One more Chance

Get Money (I liked the video)

I need another Bitch

Going back to Cali