TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

David Arquette apologizes...

From 1wrestling...

"David Arquette has apologized to those he offended for his WCW Title run.

"The fact of the matter is it really upset a lot of people and I’m sorry for that. I don’t write the storylines. If it’s sports entertainment and entertainment is what it’s all about, then what’s the big deal? I got so much shit. It was ridiculous, hearing on the radio these morons tearing me apart."

The interview during which Arquette discussed his ill-fated tenure n professional wrestling is posted at MoviePoopShoot.com."

Guest T®ITEC

...And only 500 years too late! Seriously, though. WCW's been gone for three years. Why even bring it up at this point?

I remember him talking about the whole ordeal in an issue of Fangora as the magazine interviewed him as they were promoting Eight Legged Freaks. I remember it being an interesting read on that part, I wish I bought that issue.

Guest Coffey

How is that an apology? He said it in a somewhat sarcastic way, as if to say "Damn, I'm sorry you got upset over that nonsense." Hell, in the same breath he goes on to call the wrestling fans that we clowning on him "morons."

Must not be a big fan of standing up for what you believe it? Apparently if a wrestling fan said that it was ignorant for him to get the run, it means they're a moron?

Yeah, David didn't write the storylines, but he agreed to that shit.

I could never really fault Arquette himself for the whole thing. I mean, seriously: if someone came up to you and offered to make you World Champion for a couple of weeks, can anyone honestly say that you'd turn them down?

Also, in his first book, Bobby Heenan said that Arquette gave his entire salary that WCW paid him to the families of Brian Pillman and Owen Hart, which makes me have a HELL of a lot more respect for him.

Guest Coffey
I could never really fault Arquette himself for the whole thing. I mean, seriously: if someone came up to you and offered to make you World Champion for a couple of weeks, can anyone honestly say that you'd turn them down?

Well, I'm sure there are a fuckton of people whom would turn it down...of course you didn't ask the question to an NBA.com community, you addressed it to a wrestling community, so what do you think the answers would be?

Also, in his first book, Bobby Heenan said that Arquette gave his entire salary that WCW paid him to the families of Brian Pillman and Owen Hart, which makes me have a HELL of a lot more respect for him.

Wow. I was not aware of that, so from now on I will never bash Arquette.

Guest Choken One

reminds me of How Asshole Nash announced at the Pillman show he was writing a check for 20 grand to Pillman's Family...He never wrote it.

reminds me of How Asshole Nash announced at the Pillman show he was writing a check for 20 grand to Pillman's Family...He never wrote it.

I'm not sure you can prove whether he did or didn't.

I think the important thing is David Arquette has all but disappeared from television and movies today. Even the films he does star in don't advertise his presence at all. I guess it's a good thing he married Courtney Cox when he did.

Guest MikeSC

Maybe he was writing fiction.

-=Mike