TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Yankees/Devil Rays Tomorrow!

Tomorrow the first official game of the MLB season kicks off as the Yankees face the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. The game starts at 5am, eastern time. Of course I'm watching live, even though I'm not a fan of either time. Its quite amusing trying to explain this to friends......

ME: "Yeah, I'm waking up at 5am to catch the game."

Friend: "Why don't you just tape it and watch it later."

ME: "You just don't GET it, do you?"

Game is on ESPN2, except for those of you in the NYC and Tampa Bay areas, who get the local feeds. Usually the YES broadcast is annoying as fuck, but they are at least sending an actual crew to broadcast the game. ESPN2 is just taking the Japanese feed and commentating from Bristol.

Hell no. It starts at 4 a.m. here. I get up at 5 (and not a moment earlier) every day, but unfortunately, have to get dressed and go to work. Perhaps I'll have it on in the background for a whole 20 minutes or so.

And may I just say how fucking RETARDED it is to have the start of the season in Japan. Selig has lost his mind on this one. I just cannot see how it's a good thing, making two teams travel all the way over there, play two games that count and then fly back to continue their exhibition seasons. Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I don't have a problem with Japan itself, but starting your regular season in the wee hours of the morning is quite a silly idea.

And for those of you with YES, they will replay the game twice tomorrow.

Another thing: why the Devil Rays, big, bad ambassadors of the game they are? Why not Seattle? Ichiro vs. Matsui! Plus, the Mariners are a better team than Tampa, and you'll be more likely to get a competitive pair of games.

Oh, and, one more thing: how are they doing the rosters for this game? Teams haven't made all their final cuts yet, but the Yanks and D-Rays are supposed to play a regular season game? How's that work?

Yeah I also don't understand the logic of the all american "more american than apple pie!" sport starting in Japan.

Have you seen the Tom Selleck classic movie Mr. Baseball?

Yeah I also don't understand the logic of the all american "more american than apple pie!" sport starting in Japan.

Have you seen the Tom Selleck classic movie Mr. Baseball?

Sure..........*runs to video store*

Forgot to mention the starters.......

Game 1: Mike Mussina vs. Victor Zambrano. If Zambrano wins, he sets the all-time Devil Rays record for wins, with 27.

Game 2: Kevin Brown vs. Jeremi Gonzalez

That'd be 2 am local time for me but I am up every morning at 4:30 am now so guess I'll catch the end of the game unless it's a quick one.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Am I the only one up watching it? Fuck Giambi, at least A-Rod struck out.

Only quoting so I'd be able to post LOL

Good start for my fantasy league so far. Matsui with a double and run, Giambi with a 2 run Home Run, and Lofton with a triple. Too bad A-Rod and Posada struck out.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I'm watching. Thanks to an unfortunate bout with sore throat, I've been awake since 3:30 anyway.

Having these soars on my mouth probably is more irritating...

go Yankees! (does the dance that has its own gay song that I don't know how to spell)

I'm up watching, getting ready for work :(

Screw A-Rod, as I made him my #1 overall pick yesterday in a fantasy draft(money league).

Guest OctoberBlood

I've been watching the whole game, but from the bed. Great game. Loving the new look Devil Rays.

I, uh, don't get YES.

?!?! Assuming you have Cablevision - YES, MSG, and FSNY just came back to family cable without any additional charges.

Of course, if you don't have CV, just ignore this.