TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skywarp!

Yay or Nay: Maroon 5

Guest thebigjig

Maroon 5 is a mixed bag for me... their songs, I admit, are catchy... but in my opinion, they get old fast. I loved the cd the first time I heard it... but around the third play I got kind of sick of them. I dont know... they're not bad, but their sound isnt enduring... to me at least

Definite "nay" for me. I can't stand them. The music is nothing special, typical Pop guitars, drums, lyrics, etc. The singer's voice gets on my fucking nerves to no end. If their tour bus were to somehow drive off a cliff, rendering the band unable to ever play or record another album, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Big nay. The singer is quickly moving to the top of my Guys To Punch In The Mouth list. I've heard much worse music, but this is so innocuous, bland, and devoid of camp value that I probably hate it even more.

I liked the first single they released, so I sampled the CD and thought it was ok so I bought it. Haven't got a chance to listen to it in its entirety but so far it's pretty good funky-rock music. And hey, Conan O'Brien had them on his show, and you know he's not one to feature crappy boy bands or the like.

Yay for the song "This Love" (although it's RIDICULOUSLY overplayed on MTV / MTV2 / VH1).

I've only heard one other song of theirs, and it was a definite nay.

So.....I'm kinda indifferent.