NBA Jam/NBA Jam T.E.

Original:

Chicago Bulls: Pippen/Grant

Charlotte Hornets: Mourning/Johnson

Phoenix Suns: Barkley/Johnson

Tournament:

Chicago Bulls: Pippen/Kukoc/Armstrong

Seattle Sonics: Kemp/Payton/Schrempf

Wow, and I just started playing the original NBA Jam for SNES, too. I've been using Charlotte, New York, & New Jersey alot. Best part is being on fire, doing an insane flipping dunk, shattering the backboard, and having the announcer say, "Boom Skaka Laka."

I would pick Charlotte most of the time on T.E. , and Bogues would usually be swapped in for a quarter or two since he's such a quick little S.O.B.

They should make a new NBA Jam on the next gen consoles.....that'd rock.

Uh...they did.

Yeah, I mean midway/acclaim not following up a money making game?

I remember I got fooled into buying NBA Jam 99 for the N64.

CRAP I tells ya.

Except for having Bill Walton doing commentary.

Heh. My last college roommate bought that game cold, on the recommendation of the guy working at the store. He was PISSED once he got it home.

Uh...they did.

THEY DID!? DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN!? WHERE!? HOW MUCH!?

Uh...they did.

THEY DID!? DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN!? WHERE!? HOW MUCH!?

Dreamcast has Hoopz and NBA on NBC

Playstation has NBA Jam Extreme - don't pay more than $5 for this!

I believe that NBA Jam has been recently released on all consoles from Gamecube to Xbox.

My team would be the Spurs of David Robinson & Sean Elliot & Avery Johnson.

Yeah, there's a new NBA Jam for X-Box, Gamecube, and PS2. From what I hear the A.I. is a real bastard, too. That's what kind of tainted my enjoyment of NBA Jam TE for Playstation as well. It's 3D, but is supposed to be way better than Extreme.

NBA Jam Extreme I didn't like too much. It's somewhere between a normal B-ball game and Jam, which didn't really grab me.

Although not as new, you can pick up NBA Jam TE for PS1 for about $2.99 used without a box or anything at Gamestops/EBs everywhere. It looks like the arcade Jams except the flames are much better.

Jam TE on PSX/Saturn is indeed cool.

All the new Jams post TE have not been made by the original development team. That's why they suck.

Guest Skironox

Damn, LONG ass time ago, I don't remember who was on the teams even. I played this game all the time.

I always played as the Spurs (Rodman/Robinson) and the Rockets (Olajuwon/Thorpe).

Jam TE on PSX/Saturn is indeed cool.

All the new Jams post TE have not been made by the original development team. That's why they suck.

The games after NBA Jam TE were bad because Acclaim and Midway stopped working together. The games from Acclaim under the NBA Jam franchise such as Extreme killed the fun of arcade style basketball. Midway still kept the franchise alive but under different names in the arcade such as NBA on NBC which was basically the same thing as NBA Jam with create a player mode.

First of all, what about NBA Hangtime? That was awesome. I liked using San Antonio in TE. I barely played the original.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

T.E.: I was always the New York Knicks (my home team) and Orlando Magic.

I forgot who the players were, and what other player you get after beating the game.

I only ever played TE...

with the Jazz. I loved nailing buckets FROM WAY DOWNTOWN~

I can't remember what team Mark Price is on...for some damn reason...but I used that team as well for the same reason.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Hakeem was utterly dominant in TE. You could just destroy everyone with him.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I can't remember what team Mark Price is on...for some damn reason...but I used that team as well for the same reason.

He was with Clevland Cavaliers I think.

I only ever played TE...

with the Jazz. I loved nailing buckets FROM WAY DOWNTOWN~

Price and Daugherty were the Cavs, the orange lettered ones in the regular and the swishy net ones in TE.

And yes, Stockton's awesome 3-point skills + awesome clutch skills = you cna hit one from ANYWHERE.

My guess is that NBA Street Vol 2 would be better than NBA Jam..

I rented it and it was awesome.

Yes, yes it is.

Original Jam, my cousin KILLED people with the Pistons: Thomas and Lambeer. Yes, Lambeer.

He was with Clevland Cavaliers I think.

The Cavs were Craig Ehlo, Mark Price, Brad Daughtery. If I got on fire with either of the guards I would shoot half court 3s and make them!

I remember playing NBA Jam as the Sacramento Kings, which consisted of Waymon Tisdale and Spud Webb if I recall correctly. I also remember sucking really bad.

I'm more familiar with Midway's post-Jam contributions of Hangtime, Maximum Hangtime and NBA on NBC, which completely own Acclaim's contributions outright. Still played as the Kings, but with my created character (wearing a Golden State jersey) playing with Vlade Divac and Chris Webber as my CPU partner.