TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sandman9000

CZW Retribtuion

H8 Club wins the tag belts in some kind of gauntlet.

BJ Whitmer d. Jimmy Jacobs

Trent Acid shows up in the crowd, again. (He showed up last night in Reading, until Wifebeater and Nate Hatred ran him out of the building.) Scheduled to face Teddy Hart, if Acid loses he can never come back to CZW.

Chris Cash d. Nick Berk & Grim Reefer in a 3 way.

Joker d. Jon Dahmer in a XSS first-round match. That makes Gage, Maff, B-Boy and Joker in the second round of the XSS.

Dan Maff d. Aric Cannon

Sonjay Dutt d. Petey Williams and Roderick Strong for the Light-Heavy belt.

No one gave a shit about the boxing match between Rob Hartog and Rockin' Rebel.

Ruckus/Sabian d. All Money is Legal.

Jimmy Rave d. Chris Hero.

Wifebeater d. Adam Flash.

Trent Acid d. Teddy Hart.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

It's weird, CZW used to have a problem starting shows on time, now they have a problem ENDING them on time-this show, judging from the PBP, almost went till 1 am. On one hand, it's nice to have a lot of matches on tape, you get more bang for your buck, but it's gotta burn out the live crowd big time. They could have easily cut the boxing crap, Wifebeater/Flash, and Cash/Berk/Reefer from this one.

Quick thoughts:

-Really glad Acid is back, because CZW needs some viable world title contenders other than Messiah, who short of being given a dog, has been the most-buried world champion I've seen.

-Ugh, "joke is too obvious" BJ Whitmer booked and pushed in yet another major indy- shoot me now.

-Acid/Hart sounds like a great ME, def. made up for the weekend absences of Messiah and B-Boy in my opinion. They HAVE to do Messiah vs. B-Boy next show though, I saw their PCW match and it ripped shit up.

-Rave vs. Hero was one of the best matches at the 2002 TPI, hopefully this one came close to that level.

-Joker has stepped up bigtime lately, so has Dahmer, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a sleeper match on the show.

-Cannon/Maff and the junior title match also look tons of fun, if they had just cut a couple of the garbage segments out, this looks like it could have been one of the best CZW shows this year (although nothing will likely touch Overdrive until BOTB season.)

Speaking of which, it was announced that Best of the Best 4 will be held July 10th

DuskTillDawn -

Actually, this show started an hour 15 minutes later than scheduled, so they still have that problem.

Good to see AMIL getting booked. Rave/Hero and Acid/Hart should've been good. Cannon/Maff was said to be a "headdropfest."

Whitmer's decent. Like a lot of good workers who aren't charismatic, he has a stereotype about him as being kinda dull, but he knows how to work. I think it's a lack of personality and charisma that's keeping him from going to the next level - i.e. TNA.

Card looks solid (and apparently the matches were v. good). Not as blowaway looking as last months but some interesting stuff.

Glad to see the minimalising of students matches. I'm liking the depth of tech stuff on the roster especially, it's gone from 1 match to 3 or 4. Allthough Hero is still jobbing :(

Main event sounds like an absolutely nuts brawl with wrestling

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0703/ra...streetfight.jpg. Shows were probably most hurt by not being able to pull off their intended main event match and storyline stuff (B-Boy/Zandig vs. Messiah/Hart). Still look enjoyable but missing something intangible that last months shows had.

Guest DeathBecomesYou

Meh, I think Whitmer's actually pretty good, he just seems so bland. If he just showed a bit of personality, he'd be a lot better. Right now, he just reminds me of an average indy worker who's been watching too many Jun Akiyama matches.

Guest Markingout

Sounds like a really quality show again from CZW. I really want to the 3 way junior match. Sonjay just kind of seems out of place compared to the bigger Roderick and Williams.

As for BJ Whitmer as long as he can be carried he can put on excellent matches. Jacobs vs Whitmer seems like a total kill seeing as Whitmer looks like a bull compared to the 160 lbs of Jimmy Jacobs.

Guest Corino 1000
Meh, I think Whitmer's actually pretty good, he just seems so bland. If he just showed a bit of personality, he'd be a lot better. Right now, he just reminds me of an average indy worker who's been watching too many Jun Akiyama matches.

I totally agree, if he just showed some character he would be alot more fun to watch. The same thing goes for Xavier.

Guest Markingout

I totally agree, if he just showed some character he would be alot more fun to watch. The same thing goes for Xavier.

Xavier has/does show chrisma, especially in his ROH work with Daniels in 2002. Xavier's problem is putting it together in the ring. Also, since when can Xavier be compared to Akiyama?

Guest OSIcon

There's two types of wrestlers who get pinned with the "no charisma" label. There are those wrestlers who just really aren't good actors and/or completely comfortable in the ring in front of a crowd. They can go out there and wrestle good, but that performance part is something they just don't have in their personalities. If I were to ever be a wrestler for instance, I guarentee that I would have trouble with that because it is not in my personality at all. Then there are those wrestlers who can do some of the performance elements in the ring, but just need it to be brought out. Whitmer is one of those in my opinion.

Whitmer played a fine cocky heel in the ROH six man tag in Ohio. He showed great fire/instensity (which is part of personality/charisma) against Homicide on 11/1 in ROH because he was working with a good story. Thrown in the ring without much to work with, Whitmer will be lacking real charisma. Give him something to work with and he will hold is own.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

It's not just charisma though with Whitmer-I've yet to see him in a match I'd rate above **3/4, and I'm pretty liberal with my ratings.

Here's the list of Whitmer matches I've seen, off the top of my head:

ROH:

vs. Joe/Homicide/EZ Money, Expect the Unexpected -bored the crap out of me

vs. Punk, Epic Encounter -stiff match (but I don't consider "stiff=good") that lacked any heat and just seemed to be missing the "intangible" element. Kudos for having the guts to take the ending spot though

vs. Maff, Do or Die- half-assed psychology that turned into a senseless headdrop fest.

vs. Mark Briscoe, Beating the Odds- my favorite Whitmer match, but it's entirely because of Briscoes spots, and probably the fact that I saw it live.

IWA:

vs. Matt Sydal, IWA Winter Wars 2003 -Sydal's undermatched babyface intensity made this passable

vs. Hero, 3/29/03 -The only Hero match that has ever put me to sleep, literally. Oh yeah, forgot- FOUR FUCKING CHINLOCKS, 6 MINUTES LONG!

PWG:

vs. Samoa Joe, Pimpin' in High Places- it's hard to argue that Whitmer DIDN'T look like total crap in this one.

If someone would point me to some exceptionally good Whitmer matches I'd be happy to check them out, but I've yet to see one. It's not that he's just missing one thing, he seems to be missing, well, everything. He almost never plays to the crowd (which is a key component of wrestling), is uncomfortable in front of a camera, to say his look is unmarketable is an understatement, and his finisher is a transition move for most indy workers.

Yes, he's a decent tech worker who hits people really hard and seems carryable, but you could say that about a LOT of wrestlers. I wouldn't mind him so much if every fed didn't feel compelled to give him a MASSIVE push (IWA, ROH, looks to be CZW now) when he has never done anything on his own to justify it, in my view.

Edited by DuskTillDawn

Guest Markingout

I liked his match with Matt Stryker at Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies. It was just my type of match. His favorite of mine that I have seen. Just a *** 1/2 match. You should get the tape, a good and you get to watch a good Whitmer match.

The 4 way with Whitmer,Homicide,London, and Cabana was really good, but its a 4 way.

I thought Briscoe vs Whitmer was atleast *** 1/4 stars. It just had a bad ending which left a bad taste in my mouth.

Whitmer vs. Punk 4/11/03 IWAMS is a solid affair. I'm not really sure what to reccomend to you DtD, since you hated AXP vs. Havana Pitbulls, which I thought was easily the match of the night.

I liked his match with Matt Stryker at Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies. It was just my type of match. His favorite of mine that I have seen. Just a *** 1/2 match. You should get the tape, a good and you get to watch a good Whitmer match.

Yeah, this is my favourite Whitmer match. He and Striker have good chemistry, which is surprising as they both have little charisma, IMO at least.

Bleh I hated that match. Whitmer has had a lot better. He has been damn good in a lot of 4-ways and tags, but if you want singles, he outperformed Homicide on 11/1.

Guest Markingout
Bleh I hated that match. Whitmer has had a lot better. He has been damn good in a lot of 4-ways and tags, but if you want singles, he outperformed Homicide on 11/1.

Is that match any good? Anywhere on par with there match at IWA King of the Deathmatch 03' which was average.

Guest Jimbo
Whitmer vs. Punk 4/11/03 IWAMS is a solid affair. I'm not really sure what to reccomend to you DtD, since you hated AXP vs. Havana Pitbulls, which I thought was easily the match of the night.

Yeah, I really enjoyed that one as well. I figured their match later on at the 12/27 Final Battle show would have been just as good, if not better the second time around, epsecially considering it was the finals of the Field of Honor tourney, but they stunk it up hardcore and were deserving of all the boo's they got that night. Twas truly awful.

Well, Z-Barr, Jimmy Jacobs and Becky Bayless are done with CZW.

Barr quit over protest of Trent Acid coming back. All he got was a "good luck" from Zandig.

Huss and Becky quit over drama still stemming from Sabian grabbing Becky's ass at CODV. Huss and Sabian got into a fight on 4/2, with Sabian apparently winning. CZW management told the two to drop it, but Huss refused and said he would not work with Sabian anymore. This conflicted plans for Becky to join the stable of Sabian, Joker, Ruckus and Robby Mireno, so CZW reunited the two on 4/3 and now they're gone from CZW.

credit pwinsider.com

Well, sucks that Barr is gone, since he busted his ass for years to work to where he is today, and it sounds like Huss is on the wrong end of this deal here. He's the one refusing to work with someone, and now he's gone. Of course, this will probably lead to Alex Shelley leaving as well, and there goes two name talents for CZW.

Fucking sucks about Jimmy. Jacobs/Shelley/Bayless or Sabian? Wish CZW could have made the right decision :(

Both guys have been in a slew of great matches for CZW and would have been a huge asset for BoTB4

Too bad about Huss. He's obviously jealous that he doesn't possess enough PURE SEX~! to counteract the Casanova stylings of the new millennium booty-man, SABIAN~!

I watched Acid vs. Hart at Clickwrestle...really not what I expected. Not a whole lot of wrestling, at least from what they showed in the clips...just a brawl with TONS of crowd heat. They brawl outside and Acid piledrives Teddy on a car and Teddy powerbombs Acid off a car through a table. Eventually Acid hits the Yakuza kick into a chair after Zandig interferes. Anyways, just crazy crowd heat for this one.

I know I'm really late in posting this, but who cares? :)