TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

There's a thing in this past weekend's Boston Globe that indicated that Grapes was out (after TWENTY-THREE YEARS doing Coach's Corner) and that Hull was the one most likely to replace him.

Guest Museite

Does anyone see Colorado going over SJ? ALso I need help...hehe Q - Which was the last team to overcome a 3-0 playoff defecit, has it even been done?

EDIT Team

The '75 (I think, it was around then, anyway) Islanders did it against Pittsburgh and the '42 Leafs did it in the Finals against Detroit.

There's a thing in this past weekend's Boston Globe that indicated that Grapes was out (after TWENTY-THREE YEARS doing Coach's Corner) and that Hull was the one most likely to replace him.

Well, it's nice to see that at least one other person thinks like I do.

Or, maybe that's not a good thing, I dunno...

FYI: Esche is supposed to be starting tonight. The Flyers settled on "the flu" as the explanation. Supposedly, they gave him some drugs, and he felt better. Makes sense, since Rechhi had the flu earlier in the series. The Flyers are bringing Niitymaaki (sp???) as a 3rd goalie with them just in case.

I think that whoever gets out of the SJ/Ave match up will lose to Calgary.

SJ will be deflated from almost letting a series slip from them, and the Aves will be too freaking tired from that series to keep up with the Flames.

So I say the Flames are already in the Finals. Who they face from the East is the question.

Guest hockeytown9321

Even if Detroit wanted to trade Cujo, they couldn't. Cujo was the sole reason Detroit was in the last 3 games of the series. Detroit scored a total of 3 goals in their 4 losses.

A team like Vancouver would kill for Cujo, especially after his performance in the playoffs this year. I don't think Detroit is dumb enough to trade the guy, even if Hasek decides he wants to play again.

Guest hockeytown9321

Vancouver is not going to pay CuJo $8M.

If Hasek plays, it most definitely will not be for Detroit.

When Detroit won the cup in 97, 98, they had a solid defence, and didn't really have to rely on goaltending to carry them to the cup. Detroit had no defence through the entire playoffs, and if the defence played very well, CuJo would not be starting at all through the playoffs.

Guest hockeytown9321
When Detroit won the cup in 97, 98, they had a solid defence, and didn't really have to rely on goaltending to carry them to the cup. Detroit had no defence through the entire playoffs, and if the defence played very well, CuJo would not be starting at all through the playoffs.

Defense was the least of Detroit's concerns. They gave up 20 goals in 12 games.

Steve Yzerman should just play it safe and call it quits. It's probably not worth the risk at this point. Shame, because Yzerman's great but he's one of those "forgotten players," overshadowed by his teammates.

If Legace doesn't start, let him start in another town. It's a travesty what that guy goes through.

Even if Detroit wanted to trade Cujo, they couldn't. Cujo was the sole reason Detroit was in the last 3 games of the series. Detroit scored a total of 3 goals in their 4 losses.

What they should really do, is talk to CuJo and ask him what he wants them to do.

If he wants to be traded, ask teams around and look for young prospects

or if he wants him to stay and retire as a red wing when his contract is up, let him stay, maybe he'll take a paycut though because 8 million is a lot even if he deserves it.

Defense was the least of Detroit's concerns. They gave up 20 goals in 12 games.

Defence was a huge issue, most of the goals they let in this year was from poor defensive play.

BTW...

1-0 Flyers!!!

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

My main man Bobby Clarke and the Flyers are going to defeat the Leafs for a second straight year. Thats gotsta hurt.

My main man Bobby Clarke and the Flyers are going to defeat the Leafs for a second straight year. Thats gotsta hurt.

Not as much as Ottawa are hurting from The Leafs putting them out what 4 times in the last 5 years or 5 times in the last 6.

Anyways it seems as if my Leafs are going to have to get out the old golf clubs for another summer come 13 minutes from now. Guess I'll be rooting for The Flame here on out.

Leafs score!!! Maybe there is still a glimmer of hope yet.

CuJo deserves to stay on this team, With all hes been through....the only way I see the wings trading Cujo is if another team wants him and they offer YOUNG players....well that would be the smart decision though they might still have to eat part of his contract maybe if they traded him.

Enter Ottawa...I could see them parting with a Havlat to pick up CuJo.

1-0 for the Sharks so far.

I may have to face reality in about 10 minutes.  Anybody know where I can get a Flames avatar?

Dont you go looking for that Flames Avatar yet my friend, the Leafs have just tied it up. That glimmer of hope just grew a bit. Go Leafs Go!

I may have to face reality in about 10 minutes.  Anybody know where I can get a Flames avatar?

Dont you go looking for that Flames Avatar yet my friend, the Leafs have just tied it up. That glimmer of hope just grew a bit. Go Leafs Go!

Yeah. Leafs are fucking brilliant at giving their fanbase a collective heart attack...

Leafs are fucking brilliant at giving their fanbase a collective heart attack...

Dont I know it. God there such magnificent bastards! But hey what can I say. I love em. I just hope overtime will love them just as much tonight