TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Leafs are fucking brilliant at giving their fanbase a collective heart attack...

Dont I know it. God there such magnificent bastards! But hey what can I say. I love em. I just hope overtime will love them just as much tonight

So do I, so do I...

Well, it looks like the Sharks are going to put away the Avalanche in their series, thus eliminating the last of the "Big Four." I guess this means that whoever wins the Cup will certainly be someone different.

It is sort of hard to imagine any of the teams left being Stanley Cup champions. You have a small market, Western Canadian team (Calgary), a team who, up until last year, was a perennial doormat(Tampa), a team who practically makes a yearly ritual of choking in the playoffs then firing somebody(Philadelphia), a team who hasn't won a Stanley Cup since 1967(Toronto), and San Jose. It should make for an interesting Cup Final.

God why is playoff overtime always so freckin stressful?? C'mon Leafs just one goal and you got at least one more game.....or you get out your golf clubs....C'mon you guys dont wanna play golf do you?? *sigh* damm stressful playoff over time...it will be the death of me yet.

Well dont have to worry about that stress anymore.....*sigh* guess I'll be rooting for a Flames/Tampa Bay final now.....go flames go...

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Man, nothing...and I mean NOTHING is sweater than seeing the Leafs lose. I don't know whats funny, seeing Brian McCabe cry or watching all of the fans looking like stunned jackasses in their stupid Leaf uniforms.

Man Tucker KILLED Kapanen on that hit

I hear that. Kapanen was just lying there.

And good for the Flyers. They were one of my Cup picks from the start. Flyers/TB should be a great series.

Dude, Kapanen got fucking LEVELED.

And Esche is the luckiest motherfucker alive, as he made some positively dumbassed mistakes in that overtime. I counted at least two times that the Leafs should have put it in the net, as it was WIDE open.

However, I suppose that's Toronto incompetence. Go Calgary go!

Man Tucker KILLED Kapanen on that hit

I hear that. Kapanen was just lying there.

And good for the Flyers. They were one of my Cup picks from the start. Flyers/TB should be a great series.

Well thats what happens when Tucker forarms the guys face into the glass. The hit was clean in hockey terms but it was totally unnecessary in the heat of the game. Dare I say it was close to having an intent to injure.

Man, nothing...and I mean NOTHING is sweater than seeing the Leafs lose. I don't know whats funny, seeing Brian McCabe cry or watching all of the fans looking like stunned jackasses in their stupid Leaf uniforms.

Meh, your just jealous that The Leafs have the most passionate fans in the NHL bar none and you know it.

Dude, Kapanen got fucking LEVELED.

And Esche is the luckiest motherfucker alive, as he made some positively dumbassed mistakes in that overtime. I counted at least two times that the Leafs should have put it in the net, as it was WIDE open.

However, I suppose that's Toronto incompetence. Go Calgary go!

He also fucking robbed the Leafs on numerous occasions. Face it, the Leafs just weren't good enough. They were too old. Their defense sucks. If it wasn't for Tie Domi and Mats Sundin (arguably my two despised players on that team) they woulda been fucked a long time ago.

Most overated player in the league:

Brian McCabe.

No question. The guy must have a +/- of -10 by now.

Man, nothing...and I mean NOTHING is sweater than seeing the Leafs lose.  I don't know whats funny, seeing Brian McCabe cry or watching all of the fans looking like stunned jackasses in their stupid Leaf uniforms.

Meh, your just jealous that The Leafs have the most passionate fans in the NHL bar none and you know it.

Yea, I am also jealous by their inability to win the Stanley Cup, too.

But seriously, the Flames fans were just as loud as the Leafs.

Oh well either way congrats to the Flyers....I guess...and still the Leafs have nothing to be ashamed of, they still had a great season but unfortunally just like every other year they couldnt win that big one. Oh well maybe next year...if there is a next year.

Oh well either way congrats to the Flyers....I guess...and still the Leafs have nothing to be ashamed of, they still had a great season but unfortunally just like every other year they couldnt win that big one. Oh well maybe next year...if there is a next year.

Won't you and your retarded GM get it through your heads:

You shouldn't keep signing old timers.

Niewendyk, Nolan, Roberts, Leetch, Marchment, Francis, and such just will NOT get the job done. Its sad but true.

Niewendyk, Nolan, Roberts, Leetch, Marchment, Francis, and such just will NOT get the job done. Its sad but true.

Worked for The Red Wings three times. And it might be true but still win or in this case lose I'll stick with The Leafs.

I would love a Flyers/Flames final. Two great hockey towns unlike last year (no offense to last years teams. I don't know about Anaheim, but a team that can't sell out playoff games and holds its Cup parade in their arena's parking lot with JOE PISCOPO as the grand marshal of all people is not a hockey town) going for the Cup.

Worked for The Red Wings three times. And it might be true but still win or in this case lose I'll stick with The Leafs.

Did work this year?

No.

and I wouldn't compare the Leafs roster of the players to the Wings Stanley Cups with:

Yzerman, Federov, Shanahan, Hull, Chelios, Lidstrom, Hasek, Draper, ect..

Its not even close. I'll sell by left nut on the black market if the Leafs win a Cup with that core of players. It can't be done. I can't believe how some of you have been brainwashed by the Toronto media to say that some of those players are actually superstars. I'm sorry, but they aren't. McCabe isn't even a second line D-man on a regular NHL team. Niewendyk didn't get signed by anyone else for a reason. Francis was scratched for a reason. Leetch wasn't -35 on the Rangers for no reason. Do you see a pattern?

PS. Its sickening to fear Quinn whining to keep his job by blaming injuries for his teams downfall. Look at the Flames, 3 of their top defensemen were injured in the series with the Wings, and they prevailed. McCammond, Reinprecht, and Simon were all injured. Blaming injuries is a fools way out, its a crutch for losers.

Does anyone know what the score is in the San Jose Sharks vs. Colorado Avalance game now?

Does anyone know what the score is in the San Jose Sharks vs. Colorado Avalance game now?

3-1, sucka.

I would love a Flyers/Flames final. Two great hockey towns unlike last year (no offense to last years teams. I don't know about Anaheim, but a team that can't sell out playoff games and holds its Cup parade in their arena's parking lot with JOE PISCOPO as the grand marshal of all people is not a hockey town) going for the Cup.

Yeah I think I would agree with that. A finals where both teams home towns atually hockey towns would be good for the finals before, complete with mayors saying that if there citys team doesnt win then they will wear the other teams jeresy, or do something just plain weird.

Yeah I think I would agree with that. A finals where both teams home towns atually hockey towns would be good for the finals before, complete with mayors saying that if there citys team doesnt win then they will wear the other teams jeresy, or do something just plain weird

I can't imagine Philly's mayor, that assclown Street, doing something like that. Pennsylvania Governor Rendell however (HUGE Philly sports fan) will though.

He also fucking robbed the Leafs on numerous occasions. They were too old. Their defense sucks.

Well, yeah. Esche made a lot of good saves -- the one with about a minute left in the third standing out the most -- but in overtime he cleared the puck in front of his own net several times when he wasn't even there. But, like you said, Toronto was old and worn-out, and the Flyers played excellent defence -- the coverage on Sundin in OT was superb -- to keep them from scoring.

And that was some weak-ass defence by Toronto as well. There's no excuse for any two-on-ones in an overtime period.