TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Good move by Sutter to take Kiprusoff out. He needs rest for a pivitol Game 5 in San Jose.

I thought when goalies get pulled they freak out and lose confidence, and the backups get put in they buckle under pressue and lose confidence so that either way you're screwed. Hope not, as I'd rather watch the Flames in the finals.

In all fairness, The Dallas Stars, Colorado Avalanche, Phoenix Coyotes, & Carolina Hurricanes were all around before they just moved from Minnesota, Quebec, Wennipeg, and Hartford repectivly to where they are now, but the point still stands Bettman is a complete and utter idiot.

Wait ... are you implying that's a good thing? Taking hockey out of Minnesota, and putting it in Texas? Taking it from Winnipeg, and putting it to be ignored in the desert? I won't criticize Colorado, because the fans there seem to really care about the team, but I'm curious to see what will happen if/when the Avs aren't a successful team; I lived there when the Nuggets were bad, and they were as ignored as a pro sports team could be.

And don't get me started on the Hurricanes; they draw less in Carolina than they did when they were a 'failure' in Hartford. It's a farce that the league doesn't admit it's mistake and yank that franchise out of Carolina.

Relocation is only marginally better than expansion.

I think I'm the only one here rootin for the Sharks.

I am also rooting for the Sharks. I actually have been hoping for a Lightning-Sharks Stanley Cup Final, since the First round. The Lightning are my favourite NHL team, and the Sharks are probably my favourite team in the West.

I'm rooting Sharks, too, even though it'd bother me to have an all Sun-Belt Cup.

I've been rooting for the Sharks to win the West since Vancouver got eliminated, so I don't want to jump off the bandwagon now.

I'm still rooting for the Flames, since I'm from Alberta and all, but I wouldn't doubt that the Sharks can win it. After watching the last two games, the Sharks know how to beat the Flames, and so, tonight's game will be big indeed.

Well, I don't suppose I have to say who I'm rooting for.

Flames in 6 was my prediction, and I'm standing by it.

Well, I don't suppose I have to say who I'm rooting for.

Flames in 6 was my prediction, and I'm standing by it.

Well looks like you are right.

AND WOO!!! Conroy scores and the Flamies are up 3-0 with about 7:01 left to play.

Sharks defense was terrible last night.

Kiprusoff looked very sharp, and Iginla again stepped up when he needed to. Looks like the Flames will win and go to the Cup Finals.

Calgary played tremendous defence, probably the best defensive game this whole postseason for them. Play like this in game 6, and I will be happy.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
YEAH!!!!!!!

3-2 Tampa...hope they can close it out in Philly on Thursday.

Bitter?

YEAH!!!!!!!

Bitter?

I thought that CanadianChris would want Philly, beacuse they beat Toronto, who beat Ottawa, who he likes. Unless he doesn't like Philly because last year they pushed Ottawa to 6 which made them possibly lose to the Devils in 7.

ahh my head

YEAH!!!!!!!

Bitter?

I thought that CanadianChris would want Philly, beacuse they beat Toronto, who beat Ottawa, who he likes. Unless he doesn't like Philly because last year they pushed Ottawa to 6 which made them possibly lose to the Devils in 7.

ahh my head

What, does everyone have sigs off?

I think Bobby Clarke is the biggest asshole walking God's green earth, and wish him every possible unhappiness life has to offer. That extends to the team he ostensibly manages.

Flames go up 2-0...looks like I'll have a rooting interest in the Cup final no matter what.

Question for the Eastern Canadian team fans: How does it feel to have the Flames in the finals? Are you just happy to have your country back in the finals, or is there still an East-West rivalry there?

No, it was amazing, and I was hoping that Calgary made it to the finals from the start.

Winning it would be so much better.

Well, I'm happy for the Calgary fans and the players after years of nothing, but I'm not going to be running around town with a Canadian flag going 'Woohoo, Calgary's in the finals!! GO CANADA' or anything like that. I'll be cheering for them over Tampa or Philly in the finals, though.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Personally I wouldn't be able to handle an Eastern Canadian team in the final. I have no strong connection to Eastern Canada...an American team means as much to me as them. But for a Western Canadian team, with numerous players from my city..and even more from my province - I couldn't be more thrilled about the Flames succes.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

My friends and I went totally nuts when the Flames won. We're fucking jacked that a Canadian team is in the finals again.

We're going to have a monster party on game day for the first game of the finals.

Guest Crazy Dan

I am not a big hockey fan, but damn, I really was hoping for the Sharks to make it to the Finals. I know many in the Bay Area were very excited about the Sharks run they went on. It was just heartbreaking that the Sharks could not win at home, which proved to be their downfall. But I am still proud of them, and I hope that this carries over to the next season. Believe it or not, but the Sharks have some of the most loyal and best fans in the Bay Area. San Jose has only the Sharks, and the community supports them no matter how much they win or lose. Tickets for their games are very tough to get. Just a shame that they couldn't win at least one game at home, so that would be the most disappointing thing about their series lost to the Flames. And with Hockey, you never know when your team will get that close again. So I hope the Sharks can build on this and make it back next year.

But I will take my hat off to the Flames. They definately earned this trip to the Finals. They could win on the road, and that is why they are still alive. Being also to finally win at home prove to be the back breaker for the Sharks. So good luck to the Flames. I am sure everyone in Canada will be pulling for the Flames to win it all, especially if Tampa Bay makes the Finals.

I think that is the one cool thing about Hockey is that any seed has a chance of making it to the Finals, and possibly winning it all. Unlike other sports, where you know that a 6th seed usually has no chance in hell of ever being able to go far in the Playoffs, in Hockey, you do get those scenerios. And like I said, I am not a big hockey fan, but I can appreciate the fact that anyone who makes the Playoffs has a chance. That is the aspect I like the best. Well that and fighting being allowed and bone crushing hits, but all kidding aside, Hockey definately has many cool aspects to it. These Playoffs are definately exciting for sure.