TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HarleyQuinn

OAO 2004 MLB Games Thread

Guest FrigidSoul

I feel like an idiot for not pitching Brandon Webb but I wanted to see what he can do in the number 2 spot before placing him up against good offenses. His performance tonight shows that I can just leave him in my rotation without concern.

Guest FrigidSoul

Just to piss off AngleSault

Jeff Weaver - 7innings pitched ERA 1.29

Mike Mussina - 9innings pitched ERA 11.00

Well...I found the Yankee game on my 4th try.

It wasn't on the Extra Innings because it was blacked out here...which makes sense because it's on ESPN.

So I turn on ESPN...and I get ESPN News. Ok then...I'll try the YES network.

Yes Network doesn't have it...so I finally find it on PAX...a station I didn't know existed...and still don't know what it's there for.

I'm not liking the Cubs game, because I doubled up on Cubs for the free fantasy games on MLB.com. I have Derek Lee in beat the streak and the Cubs over the Reds in MLB survivor, and I don't like what's been going on so far.

Guest Anglesault

Nice to see the legends come out today.

Jeff Weaver - 7innings pitched ERA 1.29

Just makes me hate him more.

Guest Anglesault

Jeter makes an error. And so it starts. Just leave the man alone.

Guest FrigidSoul
so I finally find it on PAX...a station I didn't know existed...and still don't know what it's there for.

They play Kojak, Golden Girls, and sometimes Empty Nest.

Guest Anglesault

Knock on wood, but we're just really totally outclassing Chicago today.

Guest FrigidSoul

The White Sox pitcher can't hit the strike zone and the Yankee hitters are walking numerous times. You're not "outclassing" them, its just that Schoenweiss is no Paul Abbot hehe

Edit: They also just showed Martha Stewart is a Yankees fan...see AngleSault, we aren't just saying they're the Evil Empire for nothing. You should feel ashamed and disgusted to have common interests with Martha Stewart.

Guest Anglesault
The White Sox pitcher can't hit the strike zone and the Yankee hitters are walking numerous times. You're not "outclassing" them, its just that Schoenweiss is no Paul Abbot hehe

We're outpitching them, having better offensive innings and generally playing better.

And of course, Wilson pulls that stunt.

So, everybody's talking about the Yankees possibly beating the record for most runs scored in a season but, now that I'm watching the Cardinals game, I gotta ask - what's the record for most runs allowed in a season?

Guest OctoberBlood

And this one belongs to the REDS! :)

Reds take the series. Boo-Yah.

I gotta ask - what's the record for most runs allowed in a season?

What is the most for an inning? The Mets gave up 11 in a game the other day!

Guest FrigidSoul
I gotta ask - what's the record for most runs allowed in a season?

What is the most for an inning? The Mets gave up 11 in a game the other day!

That's nothing, the Red Sox got 11 off of the Marlins last year in interleague play in the first inning before an out was ever recorded. They ended up with 14 overall in the inning.

The 11 before an out was recorded ended up being a record.

Guest FrigidSoul
As much as it pains me to embellish the Yanks, Javier Vazquez is just cruising along, pitching a hell of a game.

I'm not going to take anything away from him as he did pitch a good game, however the White Sox hitters were often impatient and allowed Vasquez to cruise along. If you watched Frank Thomas he was patient and had the best at bats against Vasquez. So when Vasquez faces more patient hitting teams like Boston, Texas, and Baltimore will be the test. I'd include Anaheim but Vlad, Jose Guillen, Glaus, and Kennedy don't work counts at all.

Switched to the Tigers game, 6th inning down 3-0 Sanchez leads off with a solo homer, Vina doubles, Pudge and Rondell White drive him in. 3-2. Can't stop-CAN'T STOP The Tigers!

Ouch, and Carlos Guillen standing on deck was drilled in the leg by a foul line drive from Carlos Pena. You don't see that often. He appears to be ok.

I'm really hoping the Phils don't win tonight. I had them picked today in my MLB.com survivor and then switched to the Cubs. Now I lost...I will win that $100 mlb.com gift certificate yet!

Guest FrigidSoul

of course after Alex Sanchez's crappy performance over the past couple days I bench him. Doesn't matter though if he's hitting homers, I have enough guys to do that...I need his steals.

Guest FrigidSoul

Detroit starts the season with 4 wins....and proceeds to go 4 and 158~!