TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cobainwasmurdered

Two Things

Guest cobainwasmurdered

1. Can you please delete my TheBlackerScorpion and ScottKeith accounts. I'll thus be down to only two accounts (and my banky account of course.)

2. I'd like to suggest we reopen registration or at least have a vote on it.

I realize that it causes alot of problems because it allows PBP's back in but I think we all know that most PBP's already have a number of "dummy" accounts already as has been seen with Eagan and Gheyme.

I think that letting in some new people would help to freshen thngs up. I think we've all seen how stale some folders have gotten and how repetitive convo's have gotten.

For every "Bad" poster we get there's a Spiderpoet, FrozenBlockofPiss, NiceGuyAdam, IDRM, JSYK, etc.

I for one know of a couple of guys who'd be interested in joining that aren't stupid or pbp's. And I'm sure there's alot more out there too.

I think it should be considered.

Thanks.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Although CWM hates my guts, I have to admit I agree on almost everything. We do need newer posters to freshen things up, and arguing with the same people is just boring. And since I have no clue who "Gheyme" is, I wouldn't care about a PBP since they are always caught in about a week (except for the KK name. That was around for a while).

Or at least open up registration for a week or two and close it up again.

It depends, I mean if they would actually post I would be all for it. But most people that registered before the site was closed don't post. It's a two-edged sword.

Totally agree CDub, 100%. New people would bring a new light inot this place, and how else are we supposed to have the next generation come through. When I came, I arrived with guys like Chave, and JSYK. There is always a new crop coming through, and the no-registration clause is preventing it from happening. And as CWM said, for every Gheyme or Johnson, there is a Piss or a Chave. So therefore, I'm supporting CWM on this one.

Totally agree CDub, 100%. New people would bring a new light inot this place, and how else are we supposed to have the next generation come through. When I came, I arrived with guys like Chave, and JSYK. There is always a new crop coming through, and the no-registration clause is preventing it from happening. And as CWM said, for every Gheyme or Johnson, there is a Piss or a Chave. So therefore, I'm supporting CWM on this one.

But do we really need annother chave?

I agree with CWM. As soon as you close off a community, it becomes inbred. Look at the HD folder this year.

Yeah, there needs to be a new crop of people coming in.

Even though we don't get along, I liked when JSYK, Frigid Soul and Charlie Ward came in. It's nice when new people come in, it keeps things fresh.

As for reopening registrations, I'd like to purge inactive member accounts before we do that. That way, we've gotten rid of old accounts PBPs may have registered and forgotten about. Considering the big fuckup that happened the last time we did a member purge, I'm going to make sure that backups are done and everything goes smoothly this time. Once that's done, then we can open the door again. But if we get a bunch of fucking tards and trolls, I'm slamming it shut on them.

Guest FrigidSoul

Mole, I have no problem with you. I rag on people...that's how I am.

Tom, when I don't feel lazy and I'm not getting ready to head to the doctor's I'll hit you up on AIM with a safe means of purging.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
As for reopening registrations, I'd like to purge inactive member accounts before we do that. That way, we've gotten rid of old accounts PBPs may have registered and forgotten about. Considering the big fuckup that happened the last time we did a member purge, I'm going to make sure that backups are done and everything goes smoothly this time. Once that's done, then we can open the door again. But if we get a bunch of fucking tards and trolls, I'm slamming it shut on them.

Mkes sense, Tom. Thanks.

Even though we don't get along, I liked when JSYK, Frigid Soul and Charlie Ward came in. It's nice when new people come in, it keeps things fresh.

For what it's worth, Mole, I'm going to apologize for ragging on you so much. In the occassional post that I see from you nowadays, you don't seem like such a bad guy. I totally agree with CWM in regards to opening registrations, but I also agree with Tom about slamming the door shut again. Purging the member directory seems slightly pointless, as far as dummy accounts are concerned. You just know that Johnson, Eagan, and Gheyme are all floating around somewhere, posting on an everyday basis, and there's not a damn thing that anyone can do about it. Deleting leftover accounts is only going to clear up server space, not neccessarily get rid of PBPs.

I think it helps that I stayed away from HD. I just get myself in trouble there because I say things before I think about what I am about to say. In "real life" I do that too, but it is funnier what I say them, instead of typing.

Meh, it's all good.

I've felt this way since probably about the beginning of the year. Now that FrigidSoul has done the mass cleanup of 0 post accounts, I am curious as to when we will open registrations again?

Guest FrigidSoul

I should have probably left this in the Mod Folder when I had the chance but I didn't think to do so. Since the topic is in here I'll just say it.

CWM - I didn't even think to delete the two alter accounts you mentioned when doing the clean-ups last night. So that's a no from me unless real mods did so.

I didn't just delete the members with 0 posts. I deleted everybody in the members grouping under 7 posts because that's when I started to recognise names of people who do show up now and again. Most notibly The Neutral President...we need to know who's on his shit list from time to time. Notable accounts that were deleted would be Henry Winkler, Superman, Emperor Zod(I believe), Jason Voorhees, etc.

I also deleted members who hadn't posted in a over a year as of yesterday. Thus abandoned accounts. If you know somebody who hasn't posted in over a year and they had an account I'd let them know, chances are they won't care.

El Brujo's post count was moved to 500 and goodhelmet's to 5000 so they wouldn't be deleted.

Also deleted the couple of accounts awaiting validation which isn't a big deal but should still be mentioned.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
CWM - I didn't even think to delete the two alter accounts you mentioned when doing the clean-ups last night. So that's a no from me unless real mods did so.

alright, that's cool. thanks.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Once again Sass comes through with the ruleage.

Now I only have two accounts and one more no one would ever suspect...mwahaha