TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Guest Anglesault

If he did what he did in monument park, he's get a drubbing from me for a couple of weeks.

Guest OctoberBlood

Claussen today: 6 IP, 5 Ks, 1 Unearned Run.

His first two starts in Louisville: 12 IP, 16 K, 0 ER.

Jimmy Haynes... can you spell unemployment? :)

Guest Anglesault
It's not like he peed on one of the statues.

... though I would have found that REALLY funny. Wrong, but funny.

There are no "statues" out there.

Cubs up 6-1 in the fourth inning. Michael Barrett has two homers.

Zambrano has thrown 89 pitches through four innings. The Cubs could really use a nice 7 or 8-inning start to give their bullpen a bit of a break, but it doesn't look like they'll get it today, unless Dusty loses his mind.

Guest Anglesault
Shit, I spoke too soon. I read the scoreboard wrong. Phils go up 6-4 in the bottom of the 8th. Damn.

I liked it better the other way.

Big Choi hits number 5! 3-0 Marlins.

I thought we killed him?

Eh, I'd rather him do well than certain Marlins.

Guest OctoberBlood

Looks like the pen decides to take the day off. Norton and Wagner awful today.

But, ACEvedo pitched GREAT. He deserves better.

Well, the Marlins move to 8-1 with a series shutout of the expos (5-0, 9-0, 3-0). Benitez picks up his 6th save, Choi blasts his 5th HR and the Marlins already miniscule team ERA gets even smaller.

If only the Phillies didn't rally in the 8th to win.

The bullpen is good, but every bullpen will blow it occasionally. The big story for the reds today was Jose. He has tremendous stuff, if he pitches like this all season, and that is a big if, then the reds might be a .500 team. That would be quite the accomplishment considering how many people picked them as one of the 3 worst teams in baseball.

Dontrelle Willis

12 2/3 innings, 12 K, 5 BB, 9 H, 0 R

6 for 6, double, homer, 3 RBI, 3 Runs

Dontrelle Willis: is he a better as a pitcher or as a hitter?

(Dontrelle has a career .313 average [20 for 64], 2 HR, 3 BB, 8 K)

Dontrelle has 7 hits in his last 7 AB, going back to his last game in 2003

The Cubs are back on track, finally, winning 4 of their last 6. I had a great time at the game today, my first time at Wrigley since I was 8 years old.

Guest Anglesault

Pedro and Ponson had nothing today. Both are good things for the Yankees

Watching the Cubs game, I think it's painfully clear that Michael Wurtz has absolutely no business throwing in the major leagues right now. His "performance" today was disgusting. Of course, the Cubs' running on the base paths haven't helped matters, either.

Guest OctoberBlood
Watching the Cubs game, I think it's painfully clear that Michael Wurtz has absolutely no business throwing in the major leagues right now.  His "performance" today was disgusting.  Of course, the Cubs' running on the base paths haven't helped matters, either.

I don't understand why Dusty has used him so much. 7 out of 10 games? (Actually, I know that answser - but I'll keep quite ;)) That is nuts, especially for a youngster. That Juan Cruz trade, might work in the future, but right now it looks to be hurting the Cubs more than helping.

I'm loving it though. ;)

;) Yeah, I don't agree with the trade (nor did I ever ;) ). As you can imagine, I'm not enjoying the game too much, but I'm keeping optimistic that eventually, the injuries will start piling up for the Reds ;) . Yeah. ;) ;)

That was...odd. I won't take sides yet since it seems like there were errors in the lineup cards, but I find it odd that the Reds didn't complain about the order until after Martinez hit the double.

I think this game's over, though, because no way are the Cubs gonna get a fair shake at the plate now that Baker and the home plate ump had that intense confrontation.

With runners at second and third with only one out, you think about what might have been, had the double not been erased from the boards. Not to mention the couple baserunning errors that would've equated to at least one run for the Cubs.

Welp, Alou and Lee drop the ball, although the ump's strike zone has been terrible today. Pitches being thrown in that inning that were being called strikes were being called balls earlier in the day.

Guest OctoberBlood

Nasty pitch by Reith. WHEW!!! I'm the one who almost had the stroke.

Guest OctoberBlood

I still don't see how anyone in their right mind can say these two are good annoucers. :throwup:

Greek God Homers.