25 Green Bay

26 St. Louis

27 Tennessee

28 Philadelphia

29 Indianapolis

30 Kansas City

31 Carolina

32 New England

Where is your team picking? What do they need? What/who will they likely take? Will they trade up or down? Fill everyone in on your team's outlook for next weekend.

New York Giants

Currently hold choice #4. They've contacted San Diego about moving up to 1 to draft Eli Manning. While Eli would be a solid choice, he won't help the team get back to the playoffs this year because he'd likely ride the bench behind Kerry Collins. Assuming they don't trade up, I think Manning-Gallery-Fitzgerald will go in the top 3, leaving what for the Giants? They want the QB, but they need the OL and defense like safety Shawn Taylor of Miami, I'm not sure where he'll end up as far as the first round goes. Maybe if they are sure that Oakland is taking Larry Fitz, they could wheel and deal with 'Zona to get 3 to nab Robert Gallery if he goes that high. If they aren't able to trade up, I think they should trade down to someone desperate to get at someone like Roy Williams before anyone else gets the chance. Then they could get more choices, and take Shawn Taylor or Phillip Rivers if they really want a QB (Which I said in another thread before) I think they should focus on Gallery, however. I've heard nothing but awesome comments on him and they have one of the if not the worst offensive line in the NFL.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

supposedly the Redskins are trying to leapfrog the Giants and take Gallery.

I just hope the Vikings can make their pick on time this year. The Vikings needs someone who can stop the run either a linebacker or defense lineman.

Guest Vitamin X

Someone did a Mock Draft on the Packers on another website, that had them taking JP Losman with the 25th pick.

ANYONE is better than fucking Tim Couch as heir apparent to #4, in my opinion.

As a Giants fan I am hoping for the trade because I am a huge fan of both Peyton Manning and Eli Manning but I think Gallery would help them out a lot more than Eli but if they are not going to get Gallery at number 4 then they should definitely try to trade up for Eli at number 1.

Thanks.

Guest What_ever

My team, Arizona, will pick whoever the biggest bust is, like they do every year.

Thanks.

My team, Arizona, will pick whoever the biggest bust is, like they do every year.

Thanks.

Hey buddy, I don't want to get on you or anything but don't steal my tag line.

Thanks.

Fun With Wonderlic

here are some Wonderlic scores of notables. It's multiple choice, 50 questions, so you could just guess and get 12. Get the whole list here (scroll down)

JP Losman 31

Eli Manning 39

Philip Rivers 30

Ben Roethlisberger 25

Maurice Clarett 20

Stephen Jackson 28

Kevin Jones 15

Chris Perry 20

Ben Troupe 15

Kellen Winslow 12

Lee Evens 27

Larry Fitzgerald 18

Reggie Williams 17

Roy Williams 17

Rashaun Woods 21

Shawn Andrews 20

Robert Gallery 23

Antwan Odom 10

Will Smith 23

Kenechi Udeze 18

Tommie Harris 11

Vince Wilfork 10

Jon Vilma 23

DJ Williams 21

Chris Gamble 9

Will Poole 14

Dunta Robinson 13

Deangelo Hall 23

Sean Taylor 10

but if they are not going to get Gallery at number 4 then they should definitely try to trade up for Eli at number 1.

Thanks.

Uh...why wouldn't they just trade up and draft Gallery at #1 instead? I mean, if you're going to go through the trouble of trading up, then why not get the player you really covet? How's he worthy of the #4 pick, but not the #1 pick?

I've heard lately that many don't think Eli is going to be a star. They say he'll be a helpful QB but nobody expects him to ever be an MVP like Peyton Manning.

Well Peyton is really good and was better than Eli in college. BTW....what was Peyton drafted at?

Peyton was #1. The Chargers took Ryan Leaf at #2, which oddly enough is why they are afraid to take Peyton's brother at #1.

/rant

by the way, with the draft coming up, everyone, myself included, is making fun of the Chargers for Ryan Leaf, which is totally justifiable. But I've also heard people bashing them for trading the rights to Mike Vick, even comparing it to taking Leaf. I could be wrong here, but I seem to remember them taking some Tomlinson guy instead, who I belive was single handedly destroying defenses while the Falcons owner paid millions of dollars to push Vick around in his wheelchair. I'd say the whole thing was less than disasterous for the Chargers.

I'd like to see the Chargers take Eli, if only because then if Boston pans out you have Colts West. I'd love to see a Manning/Manning AFC championship someday.

Hey, where are all y'all getting those neat little flags, since I'm about to get flamed to death for my sig...

-Annie

I'd like to see the Chargers take Eli, if only because then if Boston pans out you have Colts West. I'd love to see a Manning/Manning AFC championship someday.

Hey, where are all y'all getting those neat little flags, since I'm about to get flamed to death for my sig...

-Annie

It wouldn't matter. As long as Marty Shottenheimer is coaching that team, the Chargers are going to win exactly two things: jack and shit.

plus they traded Boston for practically nothing

*covers genitals*

I'm covering because I have learned that Annie is a Charger fan

ps - where do you get those damn flags?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I think BenRo will be the breakout start of the draft. He's a stud.

Guest Flyboy
I think BenRo will be the breakout start of the draft.  He's a stud.

I think a lot of people, me included, believe more in BenRo than Eli.

That's laughable.. a lot of people are writing Eli off just because of his last name. Eli has the tools to be as good as Peyton -- not saying Ben won't be good, but I would definitely take Manning over Roethlisberger.

Guest Flyboy
by the way, with the draft coming up, everyone, myself included, is making fun of the Chargers for Ryan Leaf, which is totally justifiable. But I've also heard people bashing them for trading the rights to Mike Vick, even comparing it to taking Leaf. I could be wrong here, but I seem to remember them taking some Tomlinson guy instead, who I belive was single handedly destroying defenses while the Falcons owner paid millions of dollars to push Vick around in his wheelchair. I'd say the whole thing was less than disasterous for the Chargers.

How many running backs are going to lead a team to the playoffs?

Yeah.. we all know that Boldin kid is horrible.

How many running backs are going to lead a team to the playoffs?

Tomlinson, if he ever gets on a team that has even a ghost of a chance of making the playoffs.

but if they are not going to get Gallery at number 4 then they should definitely try to trade up for Eli at number 1.

Thanks.

Uh...why wouldn't they just trade up and draft Gallery at #1 instead? I mean, if you're going to go through the trouble of trading up, then why not get the player you really covet? How's he worthy of the #4 pick, but not the #1 pick?

True but I guess my fanhood is saying that I want Eli I just am really a big fan of him and I think he will suprise a lot of people. I think it will be interesting if they announce "We have a trade" when the NFL Draft goes on the air to see the reaction of the crowd at The Garden.

Thanks.

I'd rather get Gallery. I'm not someone who is going to or wants to have to wait around for a couple of years for a rebuilding mode. Collins is a solid pocket QB if you give him a decent OL. Look at his numbers from '02 with the line they had that year compared to last season. Gallery is as close to a sure thing as there is at the top of the boards, and would be a perfect cornerstone to a revamped O-Line.

I'd rather get Gallery. I'm not someone who is going to or wants to have to wait around for a couple of years for a rebuilding mode. Collins is a solid pocket QB if you give him a decent OL. Look at his numbers from '02 with the line they had that year compared to last season. Gallery is as close to a sure thing as there is at the top of the boards, and would be a perfect cornerstone to a revamped O-Line.

Yeah I agree and I believe that if they get Gallery it is basically equivilant to drafting a quarterback just because a good OL makes Collins that much better.

Thanks.

I think BenRo will be the breakout start of the draft.  He's a stud.

I think a lot of people, me included, believe more in BenRo than Eli.

That's laughable.. a lot of people are writing Eli off just because of his last name. Eli has the tools to be as good as Peyton -- not saying Ben won't be good, but I would definitely take Manning over Roethlisberger.

I'd say it's quite the opposite.

If Phillip Rivers name was Phillip Manning he'd be the prospective #1 and Manning would be behind him and Big Bust Roethlisberger.

Rumors were kicking around on the local sports radio that the Eagles were going to trade up into the 49ers spot, everyone assumes they would target one of the two Miami LBs. The rumor is John Welbourn and a pick for the 16th spot.

I don't like that trade if the pick is the first rounder. Jermaine Mayberry is in his contract season, plus when healthy a case can be made that Welbourn has been their best offensive lineman. I would much rather have Welbourn and whoever I could get at 28, then one of the two Miami LBs.

the Eagles would throw in thier 2nd rounder too.

MUHAHA