TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

Any more site columns

First of all, its not a critique, I think the sites great, but will any more column's be added in the near future as sometimes the page is static for a while sometimes, although saying that, it is good that quality control is excercised, rather than just throwing shit to the page and hoping stuff sticks

Guest FrigidSoul

I wouldn't expect any more columns to go up.

J-Hawk seems to be doing a nice job filling in for Dames who disappeared into the obscurity of Conn.

Alkeiper is the only person I've met who admittedly knows more on the game of baseball than I do, so his weekly baseball columns are good.

Laz is keeping up with TNA, Truitt still does the Shoot Tapes(my favorite column to read on the site personally), and people still do the video game and DVD stuff.

I don't see what more you could want for columns personally...everything is just about covered and covered well.

I'd say that the site's always open if someone with talent presents themselves.

The problem is that I'm not even sure who'd make the calls on bringing on new talent these days, as Dames is Lost In Connecticut and most of the old guard (Dr. Tom, Helmet, Spree, OR Polk, etc.) have moved on or are rather inactive.

Actually, Teke, I'm the one bringing in the new blood. When Spree went into his semi-retirement, I recruited Alex to do the DVD reports, now called the DVD Discharge, and I think he's done a smashing job. I also brought our baseball guru Alkeiper into the fold as a writer. My regret is that I don't have the time to write as much as I used to. That seems to be the case with some others, too.

So, to sum up: I'm awesome. :D

My regret is that I don't have the time to write as much as I used to. That seems to be the case with some others, too.

*Waves*

Well that, and it seems like every Confidential is either a repeat, or has only 20% new material, and it's getting cancelled soon anyway, so I just stopped doing it.

I'll probably come back and do SOMETHING as the summer nears.

*calls first dibs on an Inside College Football weekly column*

Anyone else want to be in on this come August? I know I can cover the SEC and Conference USA like a mo-fo but I'd be spotty on most of the western conferences at the least.

Guest Contentious C

I'm sure Tom and Sass and the others are working harder on this than you know. They probably have a lot of things in mind, but one would have to think there's more to it than just 'finding the right people.'

I don't see what more you could want for columns personally...everything is just about covered and covered well.

Because Mr. Death here just loves to take the best opinion based columns from this site and cross post them on message boards (accidentally forgetting to point out that he didn't write it). DVD reports and TNA reviews don't quite have the same rip-off potential.

I particulally liked his tribute to Nick Mondo, it was very personal and well written. The addition of a tape review on the end was a nice plus.

Used to do it on the UKFF (left after getting outed), dunno if he's done it elsewhere (cross posting may not have been the word I was looking for). Recently seen various columns from over the net including various SmartMarks columns (and in fact pasting Kinetics 'make contentious statements' thread word for word as his own new idea).

It's not a massive deal, he normally gets called on it. I just found it funny that he's posting here asking for more columns.

Guest Contentious C

I can't believe that thing was 13 fucking pages if I'd printed it.

Guest Dids
Someone say something stupid so we can get into Annoying April again.

Is the chick in your avatar a midget? 'Cause I'm kinda turned on by her- but not if she's a all stumpy and shit.

Stupid enough?

Just so everyone is up to speed:

It was me who brought Chris Coey on board with TSM. He is still banned from the board and he agreed that in order for this writing gig to work, that it'd be best if he didn't post here due to the history he has with some folks in these parts. No one here is going to see themselves get punted around by him in one of his CRUN-CH articles since it's a disservice to the reviews.

He is one of *the* best wrestling reviewers on the net today, bar none and I want people to see why he is.

I also asked long-time poster Judas/Jesse Baker if he would like to write for the site as well and he agreed to it.

The writers at TSM are the wheels that keep this site going. The staff here neglected them, mainly due to all the craziness with Dames leaving, but that's all going to change as of right now. Many of these guys have been here since day one and it's about time they know how much the site appreciates their contributions.

I know that many of you have felt burn out but it's a whole new ball game here at TSM and I hope you're all ready to go up to bat again because we've got 3 guys up on base and we need a home run to send everyone home.

Sorry, I love baseball.

:)

All joking aside, I hope that you all stick around here because Tom and I are going to make you guys one of our top priorities after losing you guys in the shuffle. We are going to keep the lines of communication open with all of you as both Tom and I will do our best to make sure that you guys are happy being here at TSM.

Thank you for your time folks.

Guest Contentious C

You could always ask him directly instead of making comments that amount to potshots.

Collins is actually right.

Any feedback related to Chris should be sent back to him via the e-mail address in the CRUN-CH review or else you can (try to) register at his message board at his website, which he as linked in the review as well.

He's banned here so taking shots at him looks cheap since he's not going to respond here.

I'm not taking a shot at him. You people have associated with him, so I asked a question. Call it "interest piqued". The delivery might not have been the most eloquent, i condede that.

If I send him an email about it, i will be called a goon and blocked.

I wont join his board since I know next to nothing about the main topic there, nor at this point, do I want to. Thusly, I will be called a goon and we will part ways anyway.

Questions:

1. Is Dames actually gone, kaput, never to return ever?

2. If he does come back, how will he like Chris Coey being brought to write on his site? You know, considering the shit Coey said that got him banned in the first place.

If he does come back, how will he like Chris Coey being brought to write on his site? You know, considering the shit Coey said that got him banned in the first place.

My thoughts exactly, plus I didn't even want to hear what he had to say back when he was on the board, and I sure as hell don't want to hear him now.

*calls first dibs on an Inside College Football weekly column*

Anyone else want to be in on this come August? I know I can cover the SEC and Conference USA like a mo-fo but I'd be spotty on most of the western conferences at the least.

If you needed help on the western conferences, I could do it.

Dames was on AIM for a short time in February and we spoke about Chris. He gave me his blessing on the matter after I explained to him how he could be one TSM's top assets to the main site.

Oh and Thumbtack, I see where you're coming from and I apologize if it sounded like I was taking you to task. I wasn't so my bad if so.

Guest Dids

As long as we're talking about that column.

The large font makes it look really ammature-ish. I don't know if that's a style thing, but it would look a nice more professional if it was in a nice normal font size.