TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Interesting series to open up this week. The Florida Marlins visit the Philadelphia Phillies. The Phillies have struggled lately against the Marlins, but the Marlins are much worse on the road than at home. Dontrelle Willis and Vicente Padilla pitch the opener at 7:05.

The Astros (9-4) host the Cardinals (6-7). In my column, I bash the Cards lack of bench depth. They really need to pick up some wins here to avoid facing a big deficit early in the season. The Astros are on fire.

Boston (7-5) faces off against Toronto (3-9) Tuesday at the Skydome. With Pedro Martinez vs. Roy Halladay, this is as good a pitching match-up as you'll find in baseball.

Guest OctoberBlood

Wish we had an off day so our bullpen can rest a bit, but I'm exicted to see the Braves come to town. Too bad Chipper won't be playing (or is it? ;))

This series may very well decide Tosca's fate in Toronto. The Blue Jays can't always use the excuse they're in the same division has New York and Boston. Toronto has played neither, and is 3-9.

Al, you are a lucky man, because you'll most likely be able to watch all 3 games. I'll only be able to watch Thursdays game on ESPN. I'm glad Dontrelle is on the mound tomorrow, because I think if anyone can break the slump it's him. We'll see.

Al, you are a lucky man, because you'll most likely be able to watch all 3 games. I'll only be able to watch Thursdays game on ESPN. I'm glad Dontrelle is on the mound tomorrow, because I think if anyone can break the slump it's him. We'll see.

Unfortunately, scheduling conflicts will cause me to miss the first game. I'll catch the second game, and possibly the third game at college.

Wish we had an off day so our bullpen can rest a bit, but I'm exicted to see the Braves come to town. Too bad Chipper won't be playing (or is it? )

Chipper is out 5-7 days, says ESPN.com.

Guest Anglesault

The Yankees are on the highway to hell. I think they have four against Chicago and three aginst Boston.

They'll win two.

Guest OctoberBlood
Wish we had an off day so our bullpen can rest a bit, but I'm exicted to see the Braves come to town. Too bad Chipper won't be playing (or is it? )

Chipper is out 5-7 days, says ESPN.com.

That's good to hear. I've always been a Chipper fan. Ever since he broke into the league. I hope he recovers and has another great season, AFTER they leave town.

This series may very well decide Tosca's fate in Toronto. The Blue Jays can't always use the excuse they're in the same division has New York and Boston. Toronto has played neither, and is 3-9.

I don't think Tosca is in any jeopardy at the moment. Management likes him enough that he should be able to survive any rough patches.

And Toronto HAS played Boston. They lost 2 out of 3 to the Sox on Easter weekend.

Well, ESPN.com has a glitch this week in baseball

They have the O's at 4-7 and the Yankees at 8-5.

Someone made a boo boo at ESPN.

Guest Choken One

It's all to convince the world that A-Rod is really hittin .356 and that Bonds didn't merely hit 2 homeruns...he actually hit five and saved Spot from drowning in McCovey's Cove and Brought Little Billy a Swirl ice cream(because he believes in racial equalit)...

Oh and that The Oakland A's do no exist.

Alex Graman makes his MLB debut tomorrow for the Yankees. Graman K'd 110 and walked 63 in 142 2/3 IP in AAA Columbus last season. He's not really a prospect at this point, just a fill-in.

I don't think Tosca is in any jeopardy at the moment. Management likes him enough that he should be able to survive any rough patches.

And Toronto HAS played Boston. They lost 2 out of 3 to the Sox on Easter weekend.

My bad on not remembering the Sox series.

Stat Line of the Night:

Jake Westbrook of the Indians in relief: 7 innings pitched, 0 runs, 0 hits, 0 walks, 7 strikeouts.

Starter Jeff D'Amico and three other Indians relievers: 2 innings pitched, 10 runs, 8 hits, 3 walks, 2 strikeouts.

Indians lose to the Tigers 10-4.

Actor David Lander, known to generations of TV watchers as "Squiggy" from the '70s sitcom "Laverne and Shirley," is scouting for the Seattle Mariners in Southern California, AP reports.

I don't know why I find that funny..

A's & Mariners still going......top of the 14th. Chavez walked.....COME ON DYE~!

and just like that its over..Mariners win.

Now, I noticed that Bonds hit #666 last night. He should get stuck on #666 for a while..

I just saw the highlight on ESPN. How exactly was that a balk? Did the pitcher not throw it to first?

A's & Mariners still going......top of the 14th. Chavez walked.....COME ON DYE~!

Now, I noticed that Bonds hit #666 last night. He should get stuck on #666 for a while..

I just saw the highlight on ESPN. How exactly was that a balk? Did the pitcher not throw it to first?

The throw isn't the problem with the balk.

The problem is if you complete your step towards home and then turn and throw to first anyway.

The throw isn't the problem with the balk.

The problem is if you complete your step towards home and then turn and throw to first anyway.

I thought he stepped to third. The ol' fake to third, throw to first deal........

Guest Brian

He came at 45 degrees, which is umpires discretion. A lot of lefties get away with that. It looked like he went just right to go to third. Stupid Seattle announcers don't know WTF happened.

He came at 45 degrees, which is umpires discretion. A lot of lefties get away with that. It looked like he went just right to go to third. Stupid Seattle announcers don't know WTF happened.

something tells me the umps wanted to call it a night and get some rest..... :lol:

For the first time this season, the A's will have to win two in a row to win the series.