TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Guest Anglesault
So your saying it's better to root for the uniform?

Without question.

Ok...but for the dozenth time...I have no hometown team. What is the difference of rooting for a team one state away or 20 states away? I'm equally likely to get to the stadium...and more likely to see the west coast team on the baseball package due to blackouts.

Your way has me rooting for a team that I can't go see, and can't watch on TV.

So I'm settled in last night for Braves/Marlins baseball on TBS. Three minutes to opening pitch. Cable goes out, internet goes with it. Damn! I got some dinner and scrambled over my girlfriends to see the Marlins already down 6-0. Beckett got hammered again.

I guess the Braves can dominate the Marlins like the Marlins dominate the Phillies. We'll see if it can be turned around today. If not, D-Train goes tomorrow on sunday night baseball on ESPN.

Ok...but for the dozenth time...I have no hometown team. What is the difference of rooting for a team one state away or 20 states away? I'm equally likely to get to the stadium...and more likely to see the west coast team on the baseball package due to blackouts.

Your way has me rooting for a team that I can't go see, and can't watch on TV.

What about the Bison?

Its interesting to look at the Anaheim Angels this season. Vlad, Garret Anderson, and Jose Guillen are considered low-walk guys. Then you have David Eckstein and Darin Erstad, the scrappy players. In essence, they are the anti-sabermetric club. And they're up against the sabermetric darlings, the Oakland A's. Not just today, but for the entire divisional race. I agree with Jim Caple. Screw Sox/Yankees. This is the fun series.

Guest Anglesault
We're being shut down by Bronson Arroyo. Again. I want to cry.

Arroyo in AAA last season: 149.7 IP, 155 Ks, 23 BBs, 9 HRs Allowed. Once again, DIPS.

Don't believe in it.

According to "DIPS" Jeff Weaver and Jose Contreras aren't disasters. And nothing could be more false than that.

Fucking POKEY REESE just got a hit.

EDIT: And that's fucking AAA!

Edited by Anglesault

Don't believe in it.

According to "DIPS" Jeff Weaver and Jose Contreras aren't disasters. And nothing could be more false than that.

Contreras walked 9 batters in 11 innings, along with four home runs (matching last year's total). His failure is easy to pinpoint.

Weaver's a tough case. I don't know how to explain it, other than that he should improve. But one outlier doesn't disprove an entire theory.

EDIT: And that's fucking AAA!

Doesn't matter. A pitcher with excellent K and BB ratios usually pitches well in the majors. Using defensive independent stats is even more important in the minors because defenses aren't as refined as in the majors.

Guest OctoberBlood

Arroyo pitched a no hitter in the minors last year I believe. Didn't he?

Guest Anglesault

Don't believe in it.

Contreras walked 9 batters in 11 innings, along with four home runs (matching last year's total). His failure is easy to pinpoint.

Yeah, you already told me. It's Jeter's fault.

Guest Anglesault
Arroyo pitched a no hitter in the minors last year I believe. Didn't he?

He pitched a perfect game.

I'd bet the house no one on that team was as good as these Yankees are supposed to be.

Guest Anglesault

Bases loaded, one out, and....

A yankee special, the inning ending double play.

Guest Anglesault

Usually, I stick with blondes, but that redhead in the beer commercial is one of the best looking woman I've ever seen.

Man, my fantasy team took a shalacking today. Abraeu was swinging a pretty hot bat, so of course he does little, Edmonds only draws two walks, Alou goes 0-for-4 the day AFTER I pick him up and I had Sheffield on the bench, since he's been so mediocre so far. So of course, he picks up a RBI. Better than nothing and I could've used it.

Oh, and the Yanks and Sox were quite poor-looking today. Good pitching is one thing, but these guys just pissed on dozens of chances to score today. Nice to see A-Rod doing everything of jumping off the Empire State Building just to appease the unreasonable Yankee fans. They'll fucking love him by the end of the year.

Guest Anglesault
Man, my fantasy team took a shalacking today. Abraeu was swinging a pretty hot bat, so of course he does little, Edmonds only draws two walks, Alou goes 0-for-4 the day AFTER I pick him up and I had Sheffield on the bench, since he's been so mediocre so far. So of course, he picks up a RBI. Better than nothing and I could've used it.

Oh, and the Yanks and Sox were quite poor-looking today. Good pitching is one thing, but these guys just pissed on dozens of chances to score today. Nice to see A-Rod doing everything of jumping off the Empire State Building just to appease the unreasonable Yankee fans. They'll fucking love him by the end of the year.

Unreasonable?