TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Who the hell is Alex Graman, and why is he still in after giving up all these runs?

EDIT: Never mind, he's been pulled...hey, who the hell is Scott Proctor? When did the Yankees get all these pitchers I've never heard of?

Guest Anglesault

They're gonna lose this game. They're actually gonna lose this game.

Who the hell is Proctor?

Guest OctoberBlood

Wow, you people sure do know alot about your respective teams.

BTW, there was a Tornado in Chicago. 4 missing and 1 dead after a brick building collasped.

Guest Anglesault
Wow, you people sure do know alot about your respective teams.

Guy wasn't on the damn team in the beginning of the year.

Guest Anglesault
How would I know about two guys in their minor-league system?

Ditto. I try not to get acquainted with the trade bait.

The A's offense is starting to get on my nerves. Ryan Franlkin has allowed five walks in three innings and the A's have not managed to score a single run off of any those walks. They let Freddy Garcia throw like shit last night and score nothing off of him. Up 1-0 on a solo homerun by Damian Miller.

Guest FrigidSoul

Miguel Cairo sac bunted runners to 2nd and 3rd. Then Jeter and Bernie Williams proceeded to strike-out. That's Yankees BaseBall!

Guest Anglesault

YANKEES SUCK! YANKEES SUCK! YANKEES SUCK!

Sorry, I got caught up in the moment.

It's now 8-7. I'll tell ya, if the Sox actually make the comeback in this one, I think AS will finally be justified in some bitching. In the first inning, the Yanks looked to be on pace to win this one 28-1, but now the Sox have chipped away at the lead slowly, but surely.

You guys got lucky the Lee messed up the hit and run, otherwise, there could've been some trouble. Of course, had Williams caught the flyball, there wouldn't have been any problems. Ah well, the Yanks look like they're gonna keep tacking on a run everytime the Sox score.

The Skydome is so unbelievabley empty tonight due to Game 7 between the Sens and Leafs. The only time the Jays fans have cheered is when the Leafs scored a goal. Baseball in Canada just isn't a good idea

The Jays really shouldn't play so many home games when the hockey playoffs are on, since as long as the Leafs are still in, they're a distant second. Hell, they've been 3rd behind the Raptors and their soap opera most of the season so far, too. If the Leafs and Sens hadn't been playing tonight, there probably would have been more people at SkyDome, it wouldn't have been sold out, but even a good pitching match-up isn't going to sway a lot of people into going out and missing the hockey game. Think about it this way, if the Red Sox have a playoff game the same night as an early season Bruins game (and, the Bruins have played like shit so far, especially at home), would they have a good crowd, even for cheap tickets? Is hockey in the US a bad idea, then?

If you disagree with it then go support your team. I mean if you live in or near Toronto they have a $2 for Tuesday deal on select seating. There's no excuse for Skydome constantly being empty.

It's only $2 on Tuesdays (not that regular prices are all that expensive, anyway) and it was just bad luck that it went up against the Leafs game. The building is empty most of the time since, aside from the Leafs, if you're not winning in Toronto, people won't go to your games. The Raptors are going to start feeling this, too. Hey, I wish that the Jays drew better, but 10 years of hardly doing anything after giving your fans 2 straight World Series isn't a great way to draw fans in. Neither is having the worst start to a season in franchise history.

Guest FrigidSoul

Actually the Bruins do draw quite well regardless of what's going. Right now the Celtics are our shit team and that's because Ainge traded away a fan favorite for an unproven, and injured Center, and a draft pick. Couple that with ticket prices being outrageous and you'll understand why fans aren't showing up...I doubt they sell out the playoff game coming up to be honest.

As for the Yanks-ChiSox game I hope Mariano Rivera tears his groin on the wt mound. Fuck him

Bill Bavasi's prized signing Raul Ibanez hits a walk off homerun, his second of the night, his third in two days, to beat the A's 2-1.

The A's have dropped the series and made Bill Bavasi look good for two games.

*bangs head against wall*