TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Guest FrigidSoul

The Yankees have a no name starter going tonight against Mark Buerhle and the White Sox.

He's 0-2 with a .90 ERA in Triple A. He's only pitched 2 games though.

Should be funny to hear AngleSault cry about it later

The Yankees have a no name starter going tonight against Mark Buerhle and the White Sox.

He's 0-2 with a .90 ERA in Triple A. He's only pitched 2 games though.

Should be funny to hear AngleSault cry about it later

what a killer farm system they Yanks have. :lol:

Good start for the Cubs, as they send the entire lineup to bat in the first, scoring four in the process. Is it always that empty for a Pirates home game? I know they're not exactly World Series material, but that crowd's depressing. And that was a web gem from Walker, if I ever saw one.

Guest FrigidSoul

Unfortunately yes. Pitts has a decent team and a beautiful park but the fans just won't go. I know they aren't going to win any championships anytime soon but I can't imagine the tickets being all that expensive and a trip to the ballpark is always nice.

Marlins already jumped up 2-0 on the Phils. The more newsworthy development, however, is Dontrelle struck out in the 2nd inning, ending his hit streak at 7 at bats.

Still has the shutout streak in tact though.

Guest FrigidSoul

The Skydome is so unbelievabley empty tonight due to Game 7 between the Sens and Leafs. The only time the Jays fans have cheered is when the Leafs scored a goal. Baseball in Canada just isn't a good idea

Unfortunately yes. Pitts has a decent team and a beautiful park but the fans just won't go.

If the Red Sox had 11 consecutive losing seasons and traded away all their best players at the drop of a hat (Kendall excepted), would you go?

The amazing thing is that they got PNC Park to begin with. I'm curious as to how they managed to get the public to go for THAT.

And the Yanks are absolutely bitchslapping the Sox. Seven - 0 and the Yanks are still batting in the first.

Speaking of bitchslapping, the Cubs are laying a pretty good beating down on the Bucs, 8-0.

Guest FrigidSoul

I'd go if that occured on one condition, the tickets had to be low priced. I've often wished I was born around a small market team and raised a fan of them...like the Brewers or Pirates. I would have done my homework as a child and then headed over to the ballpark where a seat is always guarenteed cheap.

Baseball in Canada just isn't a good idea

Uh, I and many others are probably going to disagree with you on this. The Jays were in the top 5 in the league in attendance from 1984 until 1997, and it took all the way until 2000 for them to dip back below the 2,000,000 mark.

To say that baseball is a bad idea in Canada is just wrong. Montreal is the obvious exception, but that has as much or more to do with poor ownership and baseball's screwing with the franchise now as it does a poor fanbase.

Guest FrigidSoul

If you disagree with it then go support your team. I mean if you live in or near Toronto they have a $2 for Tuesday deal on select seating. There's no excuse for Skydome constantly being empty.

To say that baseball is a bad idea in Canada is just wrong. Montreal is the obvious exception

That puts you at a good 50% then

Guest Anglesault

So, double header tomorrow allowing the Yanks to return to their embarassing ways?

Guest Anglesault
So, double header tomorrow allowing the Yanks to return to their embarassing ways?

Wednesday: Partly cloudy skies with gusty winds. High 67F. Winds WSW at 20 to 30 mph.

Looks like a great day for Yankees losing to me.

If this season has taught me anything, it's that any day is a great day for the Yanks to lose.

Since no one else has commented, the Marlins beat the Phillies 3-1, proving that no matter what happens, the Phillies can't beat the Marlins.

More importantly, Dontrelle Willis only allowed one UNearned run so he is 3-0 with a 0.00 ERA in 19 and 2/3 innings. Sophomore slump is definitely not evident.

Guest Anglesault

THE TARP IS OFF~!

::flips to other Sox::

The Blue Jays are USELESS.

Guest OctoberBlood

Ah, great game by the ACE~! Larkin starting to hit too, good sign. Very nice win.