TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jm29195

Foley/Outsiders In Goldberg Out

Guest jm29195

Goldberg has pulled out of his scheduled match against Toshiaki Kawada at the 5/8 HUSTLE-3 event in Yokohama, Japan. Goldberg apparently pulled out due to some sort of injury.

He will be replaced in the match by Mick Foley, who will be returning to wrestle in Japan for the first time since 1996. Foley is already in Japan getting ready for the match. He is not currently under WWE contract which is why he is able to work in Japan.

Kevin Nash & Scott Hall are also set to work the event. They will face Shinya Hashimoto and Naoya Ogawa. This is the first time the Outsiders will work in Japan since the height of the nWo's popularity years ago.

Credit: PWInsider.com

You're that big of a Nash fan?

Seriously, it's cool to see Foley back in Japan. And he's probably going to have five times the match Goldberg would have had.

Guest Hot Ticket

Seriously, it's cool to see Foley back in Japan. And he's probably going to have five times the match Goldberg would have had.

i really dont know....Kawada's pretty good and Goldberg's a power wrestler with some kicks, like a really crappy version of Kawada....Mick Foley is a bumper so unless he gets kicked in the face a lot this might not be too good

thats it im moving to japan

Why? Foley/Kawada probably won't be much outside of a markout moment and Outsiders vs. Hash/Ogawa will be pure shit.

Guest Black Tiger

At least we know Foley will sell in the match, plus I'd bet Kawada has more respect for Foley than he did Goldberg. Now Kawada is a lock to keep the Triple Crown. I wonder what JR thinks, since Foley is wrestling in a place that is "sucking pond water"?

Guest thatdude21601

I'll end up getting this on dvd,just out of curiosity.

What is on the undercard?

I'll end up getting this on dvd,just out of curiosity.

What is on the undercard?

From KrisZ at the DVDR boards:

HUSTLE-3

5/8 – Yokohama Arena

1. Cinthia Moreno/Mascarita Sagrada/Oscar Sevilla/Pimpinela Escarlata vs. Fabi & Gran Apache/Mini Abismo Negro/Polvo de Estrellas

2. Zebra Man vs. X

3. Kaz Hayashi & Spanky vs. Low-Ki & TAKA Michinoku

4. Steve Corino vs. Dusty Rhodes

5. Tomoaki Honma/Tetsuhiro Kuroda/Masato Tanaka vs. Kintaro Kanemura/Mike Awesome/Sabu

6. King Adamo vs. Riki Choshu

7. Dan Bobish & Mark Coleman vs. Shinjiro Otani & Wataru Sakata

8. Triple Crown: Toshiaki Kawada © vs. Mick Foley (this could be non-title though)

9. The Outsiders (Scott Hall & Kevin Nash) vs. OH Gun (Shinya Hashimoto & Naoya Ogawa)

Edit: Something interesting form KrisZ's post:

Triple Crown Champ Toshiaki Kawada was very angry today when he heard that Bill Goldberg pulled out of his match against Kawada on HUSTLE-3 at Yokohama Arena on 5/8 and Kawada basically called Goldberg a coward for doing that. Kawada said that he will be working the match injured, so why couldn’t Goldberg, but Kawada said that he thought that Goldberg was actually a man, which he doesn’t really believe anymore. Kawada then basically buried his new opponent Mick Foley by saying that only fans of hardcore wrestling in Japan know who he is and he isn’t worthy of a shot at the Triple Crown. Kawada said that Takada Monster Army Generalissimo Nobuhiko Takada should come out and apologize to the fans before the HUSTLE-3 show for Goldberg not being there and for having Foley being a substitute.

Guest Hot Ticket
Kawada then basically buried his new opponent Mick Foley by saying that only fans of hardcore wrestling in Japan know who he is and he isn’t worthy of a shot at the Triple Crown

lol and how many average american fans know Kawada?

I think someones a bit bitter that they work for the shit fed that does not have any sort of actual roster beyond 10 or so people so they have to do this shit with goldberg,outsiders,etc.

Guest Black Tiger
I think someones a bit bitter that they work for the shit fed that does not have any sort of actual roster beyond 10 or so people so they have to do this shit with goldberg,outsiders,etc.

DSE is putting on the HUSTLE shows, and Kawada doesn't work for DSE. Kawada works for All Japan, who definitely have a roster beyond ten or so people. I think the chain goes that Zero-One works with DSE, and All Japan works with Zero One.

Guest duck420

yes. my 5 favorite wrestlers in order:

1. mick foley

2. raven

3. scott hall

4. kevin nash

5. rocky

3 out of five is not bad

Triple Crown Champ Toshiaki Kawada was very angry today when he heard that Bill Goldberg pulled out of his match against Kawada on HUSTLE-3 at Yokohama Arena on 5/8 and Kawada basically called Goldberg a coward for doing that. Kawada said that he will be working the match injured, so why couldn’t Goldberg, but Kawada said that he thought that Goldberg was actually a man, which he doesn’t really believe anymore. Kawada then basically buried his new opponent Mick Foley by saying that only fans of hardcore wrestling in Japan know who he is and he isn’t worthy of a shot at the Triple Crown. Kawada said that Takada Monster Army Generalissimo Nobuhiko Takada should come out and apologize to the fans before the HUSTLE-3 show for Goldberg not being there and for having Foley being a substitute.

Is Kawada playing the heel here?

How many average American fans know American Dragon?

Guest Hot Ticket

Is Kawada playing the heel here?

How many average American fans know American Dragon?

If you got the joke then you wouldn't think I was an amdrag fan.

Guest Contentious C
Kawada then basically buried his new opponent Mick Foley by saying that only fans of hardcore wrestling in Japan know who he is and he isn’t worthy of a shot at the Triple Crown

If Kawada came to the US and challenged for the WWE title in his first match, you might have a point.

Or was it just a "joke" that we didn't get?

Guest RickyChosyu

Then maybe it should occur to you, after the 7th or 8th time youv'e done this, that you shouldn't be responding in this folder in the first place. You're trolling, and if Mike would do his job, you'd already be gone from the folder.

Ricky is right.

Trolling isn't allowed here at TSM and is one of the few automatic ban worthy matters. You've also made a nuisance out of yourself in the HD and LSD folders and have managed to bring your ignorance to the Puro folder as well.

Later Hot Ticket.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Yeah, Foley is an accomplished and respected worker in America and Japan, and is a multi-time WWE Champ. He's a name by any stretch of the imagination, and Kawada should respect him for that. Not to mention what Foley has given to wrestling fans over the years of himself, physically and emotionally is a true testament to the man's love of the business. That's not to take away from what Kawada has given, by any means.

Yeah, Foley is an accomplished and respected worker in America and Japan, and is a multi-time WWE Champ. He's a name by any stretch of the imagination, and Kawada should respect him for that. Not to mention what Foley has given to wrestling fans over the years of himself, physically and emotionally is a true testament to the man's love of the business. That's not to take away from what Kawada has given, by any means.

I'm pretty sure it was a work to build heat for the match.

Guest Contentious C

Foley did fuck-all in Japan. He was a curtain jerker in AJPW, and his Death Match stuff was completely off the radar, other than to hardcore garbage fans. Hence, this line:

"Kawada then basically buried his new opponent Mick Foley by saying that only fans of hardcore wrestling in Japan know who he is and he isn’t worthy of a shot at the Triple Crown."

Kind of hard to miss that.

Also kind of hard to miss that Foley is getting this shot because of his WWF run, not his dedication or his work in Japan.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I was under the impression that Foley was at least a mid-carder in All Japan.

This is my first and last contribution to the Puroresu folder.

He wasn't.

Goodbye.

:lol: .....I'm sorry but that was funny shit right there.......