TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

This Week in Baseball

Marlins lost today and the Phillies won, leaving them top atied the NL East.

The Marlins are the only team in baseball to have been in first place since opening day. They had better get their heads out of their asses if they want to keep it that way.

The Marlins got shutout today, too, and it didn't dawn on me until I read it, but it was the first time all season.

You Yankees fans should be worried. I'm going to see Pedro/Halladay tomorrow, and I have only seen the Jays win about 3 times in 15 years. They win less with me in the audience than they do with Lightenberg pitching.

I'd really like to go to a baseball game with AS, just to witness 8 different emotional outburts in 3 hours.

Only five.

The second inning, the fifth, the ninth, the 12th and the 13th.

The rest of the time I sit there in a cold rage. I'm told it's quite creepy, especially when people are trying to talk to me and I just stare at them.

Psychotic people are creepy in general.

Edit: The whipping out the dick joke while staring at someone in a cold rage and not talking to them didn't seem to work right.

Guest OctoberBlood

Marcus Giles out 6-8 weeks with a broken clavical. Another collision.

Guest Anglesault
BRONX, New York - The New York Yankees made a move Saturday that could bolster the back end of their starting rotation when they acquired veteran righthander Tanyon Sturtze from the Los Angeles Dodgers for a player to be named.

New York has had problems with its rotation behind its top three of Mike Mussina, Kevin Brown and Javier Vazquez. Jon Lieber started the season on the disabled list, Jose Contreras was sent down to the minor leagues and Donovan Osborne has struggled.

Sturtze was 3-0 with a 2.50 ERA at Class AAA Las Vegas this season. The righthander has played for five different clubs from 1995-2003 and most recently was with the Toronto Blue Jays last season.

Sturtze has a lifetime mark of 29-39 with a 5.20 ERA in 159 appearances, including 80 starts.

Psychotic people are creepy in general.

Should I be offended?

Guest Anglesault
Agreed. But this quote:

The Yankees can go to hell. What a disgrace.

is going to look pretty silly when you start heaping praise on them in a couple of days.

It's all a part of being a fan.

Guest Anglesault
Sturtze is no more an answer to the Yankees pitching woes than Donovan Osbourne.

We're at the "thow shit at the wall" stage right now.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

and the Sox continue thier great tradition of losing to rookie starters.

The Giants dropped to 0-6 today when Barry Bonds doesn't play. When they don't have him in the line-up and don't have either Jason Schmidt or Jerome Wiliams pitching they field probably the worst team in baseball.

To answer the Yankees trivia earlier, along with Ford, Vic Raschi, and Allie Reynolds, three other Yankee pitchers have won six World Series. Red Ruffing, Lefty Gomez, and relief ace Johnny Murphy.

Guest Anglesault

Ruffing and Gomez I probably would have eventually guessed, but not Murphy.

Guest OctoberBlood

Todd Van Poppel: 6 Shutout Innings tonight.

JIMMAH HAYNES WHO?~! :P

Hold it bullpen. Big win if they can.

Oh, and BTW, Ryan Freel kicks major ass.

Guest OctoberBlood

#489 FOR GRIFFEY! 4-0 Reds.

Edit: Reds win. Pen holds it, but not without Jones making it interesting. Graves saves it. 4-0 Win.

Guest OctoberBlood
I just wish he'd hurry up and get hurt already.

I just wish you'd stop posting already, but hey - we don't spit it out like complete morons now do we.. you offer nothing. It would be nice if you knew anything about baseball other than mainstream garbage, but heh ... that's not gonna happen I assume. So zip it, and pop in with your ignorant posts every hour (along with your moodswings that changes every atbat) or so, but please - in between spitting that shit out, just shut out. It would improve this board greatly. Thanks.

Guest Anglesault
I just wish he'd hurry up and get hurt already.

I just wish you'd stop posting already, but hey - we don't spit it out like complete morons now do we.. you offer nothing. It would be nice if you knew anything about baseball other than mainstream garbage, .

I know that Griffey is a guy that's holding grudge against a man that's been dead a good 14 years. I also know he realized how ridiculous that made him look, so he changed the villain of his sob story.

I tend not to like Jackasses in sports.

Edit: Another thing. I must be really far off, but I had no idea that there was an underground to baseball.

Edited by Anglesault

I'll admit Steinbrenner's better now than he was 10-12 years ago (hell, back then Torre would have been fired the second the D'Backs won the 2001 World Series), but he's still a jackass.

Cleveland fans have a general rule. You're allowed to be a jackass as long as you play well for us. The second you leave and badmouth the city, fuck you. Ask Manny Ramirez and Albert Belle about that one.

Guest Anglesault
I'll admit Steinbrenner's better now than he was 10-12 years ago (hell, back then Torre would have been fired the second the D'Backs won the 2001 World Series), but he's still a jackass.

10-12 years ago {insert your pick for greatest manger ever} would have been fired after a 5-10 start.

Being an raving nutjob is different than being a jackass.

Cleveland fans have a general rule. You're allowed to be a jackass as long as you play well for us. The second you leave and badmouth the city, fuck you. Ask Manny Ramirez and Albert Belle about that one.

That's the general rule for most teams. After about 2000, I started to ignore who Roger Clemens was for a couple years. I was very wary of him for the beginning of his tenure.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Griffey is a very hard guy not to hate. He basically forced himself into Cincy and then proceeded to bitch about everything in site. Now the're good in spite of him.

Guest Anglesault
Griffey is a very hard guy not to hate. He basically forced himself into Cincy and then proceeded to bitch about everything in site. Now the're good in spite of him.

Didn't one of his rants somehow veer off onto his feelings on the Bengals?

Griffey is liked by the rest of his team. Part of his problem is he is very shy, this creates uncomfortable moments with the press. The stories you do not hear about Griffey are amazing, about how instead of having more children he adopts children in need, about how he names his boats after his children, not his accomplishments or ego, about how he is a dedicated family man. When Hal McCoy, the reds beat writer, was inducted into the hall of fame the only player to call and congratulate him was Griffey, he called as soon as he heard. During spring training all of the players are given living expenses, Griffey does not even open the envelope, he signs it all over to the club house attendents, he is the only player known to do this. In other words, lay off Griffey asshole. Because you know jack shit about what you are talking about.

Guest OctoberBlood
Griffey is liked by the rest of his team.  Part of his problem is he is very shy, this creates uncomfortable moments with the press.  The stories you do not hear about Griffey are amazing, about how instead of having more children he adopts children in need, about how he names his boats after his children, not his accomplishments or ego, about how he is a dedicated family man.  When Hal McCoy, the reds beat writer, was inducted into the hall of fame the only player to call and congratulate him was Griffey, he called as soon as he heard.  During spring training all of the players are given living expenses, Griffey does not even open the envelope, he signs it all over to the club house attendents, he is the only player known to do this.  In other words, lay off Griffey asshole.  Because you know jack shit about what you are talking about.

Exactly. And most of the shit the media spits out about Griffey is either, a, twisting his words, or b, completely false - for example, everything that comes out of Andy Furhmans mouth. "He basically forced himself into Cincy and then proceeded to bitch about everything in site. Now the're good in spite of him. " Uh, no? He didn't force himself anywhere. He wanted to come home and play, and he did just that, because Cincinnati wanted him. He bitches when he chooses to.. about the clowns like you, and in Cincinnati who continue to bash him about nothing. He's really a great guy, if you actually took the time to know what he's like outside of the media. He's totally misunderstood. BTW, has any of you caught the Best Damn Sports Show with Dunn/Jr the other night? That's classic Griffey. That's the real Griffey. Shy, but funny, and never taking any credit. All the hate comes from ignorant fans who ONLY know what they hear about someone through media, and anti-griffey circuits (espn). Give the hall of famer some respect, and try to know who he really is, and respect the man for his play on and off the field, because if anyone deserves it, it's him. Oh, heres the video: http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2400906

Edit: Bitch all you want. Hate the guy if you want, but wishing for him to get injured really shows how fucked up you are. The man gives and gives and gives, for his teammates, and for his community, and people all around, his whole career, and now all he gets is bitching and bitching. I would feel hatered to certain fans, and certain parts of the city, and certain media outlets if I was him too. Hell, I would've went off and probally knocked someone out by now. Just keep all that in mind before you make yourself look like a total retard. Thanks.