TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Kill Bill Volume 2: It's coming, August 10th!

Guest BDC

I gotta agree with the camp of "too much". The title font doesn't fit, for one. It's too big, too bulky and looks like it should be the focus of the cover, not the art.

Two, if it's going to be the art, then just leave it at the bride with the sword. The kanji script and wall textures detract.

Third, QT's credit in the lower left should NOT be there. I'm a huge fan of simplicity and that just ruins it even further. Without that, I could call it good, but that blatant bit of ego stroking just destroys it.

There is no way that abberation to graphic design is the actual cover.

Seriously...someone just made that at home.

There is no way that abberation to graphic design is the actual cover.

Seriously...someone just made that at home.

I've shown patience with DVD in the past on Black Hawk Down, Panic Room, Seven, and Goodfellas. But I'm really worried I'll break on Kill Bill.

I've got Vol. 1 and I'll get Vol. 2, so I really hope they don't release seperate Vol. 1 & 2 Special Editions before the big box set.

If the Michael Jai White deleted scene is really on the Vol. 2 release, that would be a good sign against the seperate Special editions happening (I would figure deleted scenes are something that would be held off until those Special Editions).

Both parts together are 4 hours as is. I would hope the box set's new cut of the film is either the Super long version with everthing he filmed, but I'm betting on a 3 hour reedit that will show how he would have made the whole thing flow if he had been forced to keep it as one movie instead of two. I would still want to see everythng that wasn't included in any version as bonuses.

Awww man. That new cover art isnt nearly as cool. Guess the original art will be saved for the Special Edition.

I've got Vol. 1 and I'll get Vol. 2, so I really hope they don't release seperate Vol. 1 & 2 Special Editions before the big box set.

Here's what I've been hearing;

Vol. 1 in April

Vol. 2 in August

Vol. 1 SE in Sept.

Vol. 2 SE in Oct/Nov.

Ultra Mega Kick Ass Both Volumes Kill Bill as One Editon at X-man

i've also heard that Tarantino may, instead of rereleasing each volume with a SE, just put out separate Extra disc for sale, sans the movie (like American Pie and Beneath the Crust, or the Matrix and Revisited)

I kind of like that idea. Because, then he wont have to charge as much. 10 bucks for a peripheral disc is better than 20 for the disc and the movie you already have.

-Cheex

Guest El Satanico

The artwork isn't as good, but the cover is alot better. This cover also matches the cover for Volume 1.

Guest combat_rock
Awww man. That new cover art isnt nearly as cool. Guess the original art will be saved for the Special Edition.

Here's what I've been hearing;

Vol. 1 in April

Vol. 2 in August

Vol. 1 SE in Sept.

Vol. 2 SE in Oct/Nov.

Ultra Mega Kick Ass Both Volumes Kill Bill as One Editon at X-man

i've also heard that Tarantino may, instead of rereleasing each volume with a SE, just put out separate Extra disc for sale, sans the movie (like American Pie and Beneath the Crust, or the Matrix and Revisited)

I kind of like that idea. Because, then he wont have to charge as much. 10 bucks for a peripheral disc is better than 20 for the disc and the movie you already have.

-Cheex

Yeah, but how would they do commentary? (One of the things I mark out for on DVDs)

All of the store ads today have this DVD listed at $15.99. However, Best Buy has a deal where you can get Vol. 2 and the Jackie Brown collector's edition for $25, which is a hell of a deal.

If there isn't a Best Buy near you, Circuit City has the same price for Vol. 2, and Jackie Brown for $9.99, so it's almost the same.

I can't wait for the third wave (first film release, first film DVD/second film release, second film DVD) of people spooging themselves over what wasn't really that great.

Watched most of Kill Bill Vol. 2 on dvd last night. Havent finished it yet but so far I really like it.

In other Tarantino related news Circuit City is selling Reservoir Dogs for $4.99.

Yeah, but over on fatwallet theres a thread that says some people have been able to get Vol 1 for $4.99 because theres a mistake on their website or something.

In fact, unless its been changed, here it is:

CC Weekly Ad online

You print it out, take it to CC and get it for $4.99 (or even $3.79 if they give you the 110% pricematch).

Im going tomorrow morning. If this works, a 2nd trip to CC for Vol 2 on Tuesday should allow me to get both for $21.xx or so.

I should make it clear that its only an instore deal. Clicking the $4.99 link makes it ring up the right price online.