TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

The Rock's weight.

WWE.com says it's 260, but I doubt that. I was watching him on Punk'd and I'm not sure if it was filmed before Mania or not, but he's insanely slimmed down even more from last year. He looks more like 240, if even that.

Wow.

Rocky's coming back to win the Cruiserweight title.

if Vince wanted to push the division... and beause Rock's at a stage where he'll never loose heat, I think that could actually be a fucking great idea!

Wow.

Rocky's coming back to win the Cruiserweight title.

if Vince wanted to push the division... and beause Rock's at a stage where he'll never loose heat, I think that could actually be a fucking great idea!

Not that I'm saying that he would be the second coming of the Great Sasuke, but I think he'd do great with the cruisers. Rock is always more motivated and energetic when he has matches with better workers. And his selling style is great. He'd make the 619 REALLY look good.

Knowing Rock's tendancy to oversell the shit out of moves he'd probably take the 619 by doing a triple backflip out of the ring and finish it off by knocking himself out cold on the ring bell.

Which, by the way, I would mark the fuck out for if it happened.

My friends and I laughed when he was announced at WrestleMania at 275 pounds.

Also, I was watching the Monday Night War DVD today and noticed that Rock's voice was considerably deeper in 1997 than it is today. So, it's obvious now whatever hormone he was taking back then he is off of now.

Knowing Rock's tendancy to oversell the shit out of moves he'd probably take the 619 by doing a triple backflip out of the ring and finish it off by knocking himself out cold on the ring bell.

Which, by the way, I would mark the fuck out for if it happened.

That is pretty much what I imagined happening. That or rolling around 5 times after taking a frankensteiner.

Well, WWE has a knack for exaggerating weight, lets not forget the Batista debacle. :P

Guest godofdeadlydeath
My friends and I laughed when he was announced at WrestleMania at 275 pounds.

Also, I was watching the Monday Night War DVD today and noticed that Rock's voice was considerably deeper in 1997 than it is today. So, it's obvious now whatever hormone he was taking back then he is off of now.

Personally I always thought that he tried to talk in a much deeper, lower voice when he was first "The Rock," as a way to intimidate and annoy his opponents, because if you look at promos from 99, the "If you smelllll..." portion was a lot higher pitched, which I just attributed to him being a babyface and not trying to sound all deep and "cool" anymore. I doubt it was hormonal, it sounded too forced to be a side-effect of drugs.

What exactly is WWE's weight restriction for a cruiserweight?

I know in WCW it was either 225 or 235.

225 in both promotions.

Didn't they change it when Matt Hardy went for the cruiserweight title? At one point, I think when they had the LHW title, it was as high as 230, but when Matt went for the cruiser belt last year he had to make 220.

Oh and Coffey, I really dont think Rock is 250. He was pulling in at no more than 260ish when wrestling full-time, and he has lost a considerable amount since then. I know I read somewhere that he had slimmed down to 220-230 for Mania.

Nah i think the Lightheavyweight Title was always about 220.

But yeah the rock would bring alot to the division if he wrestled in it, it would be like when RVD was Hardcore champion.

Vince would never do it though

Guest wildpegasus

I really wish someone could leak classified information on all the wrestler's true weight and heigth. That'd be real interesting stuff. As a rule, almost everybody if not everybody is exaggerated because once you do it with one person you have to do it with everyone so things at least look somewhat sensable.

Guest Black Lightning

Well, there's always this page which claims to have legitimate heights. I'm not sure how accurate they are, but they seem to at least have the right idea.

EDIT: And if I remeber correctly, the WWF Light-Heavyweight Title (circa '98) had a limit of 215. Then, when it merged with WCW's CW Title, they just kept WCW's 225 limit.

I believe Cole said that Matt Hardy "just barely" made the weight class at 220 lbs for his title defense against Rey at Mainia 19. Oh and the Rock coming back to wrestle the cruiserweights would be badass...HBK SHOULD be in that division now as there's no way he's over 220 lbs...Vince should look at the boxing world because nobody cares about the heavyweights anymore and most are in agreement that the lighter divisions are putting on better fghts....wait...that sounds like what we've been saying all along!

You can still be in the heavyweight division if youre over the cruiserweight limit, ya know? Just because Shawn is under 220 doesnt mean he cant wrestle for the World Title. And there is no way they would ever have Rock or Shawn wrestle in the cruiser division.

Yeah I think we all know that...I'm just saying that as a fan it would be very cool to have big names like HBK or the Rock wrestle for the cruiser title...no it will never happen and yes HBK belongs with the heavyweights but it would still be fun..I should have said HBK COULD instead of SHOULD