TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Promo: No Problems Over Here

In just a matter of hours, Lockdown will begin and already the crowds have started showing up outside the Memorial Coliseum. The crowning of new Tag Champions...and ANOTHER new World Champion...left the fans wanting more. And now it's time for the poorly paid SWF ring crew to put together the ring and the stage, in preparation of the show.

But for one person, there's business to take care of. Backstage, quite a good percentage of the wrestlers have begun showing up from their hotel rooms, or bars, or the nearest strip club. Not Alexandor Zenon though. The SWF Commissioner has been busy taking care of his usual pre-show duties, sifting through the numerous complaints, title requests and other menial paperwork related jobs that have found their way to him. It's all part of the job for him. And it's not so bad...by now; nearly everybody's on their way in, getting ready. Which leaves him in peace for the first time in a good day or so, most likely since Storm ended. And sure, his hated rival is the SWF World Champion. But besides that, Zenon hasn't had that bad of a day. He hasn't had too many of the 'boys' hassling him for this and that. He hasn't had any long-winded arguments with anyone. He hasn't...

"Hey, Zenon!"

...until now that is. Looking up from his paperwork to see his office door swinging wildly open, Zenon sighs knowing that this isn't a social call. Standing in the doorway is a particularly peeved Landon Mad…

…No. It’s just Spike Jenkins.

“What up, Z?”

“This seems a little too familiar…” Zenon thinks out loud.

“Wha?”

“Never mind.”

“You wanted to see me, man.”

“Yes, I have some thing’s I want to take care with you.”

“Sure man, whatever.” Spike sits down in the chair across from Zenon and puts his feet on the desk.

“What are you doing?”

“Wha…Oh!” Spike reaches over and grabs the bowl of complimentary peanuts off Zenon’s desk. “Thanks man.”

“Get your feet off my desk!”

“Pfft.” Spike says as he takes his feet off the desk. “So, what’s on your mind?”

“Well, I don’t know if you know this. But the other day, right after Storm in fact, a very angry Landon Maddix rushed into my office and basically got in my face about a load of his problems.”

“Yeah, that guy should chill out. Dude, he slapped me! What a punk.”

“Yeah…But do you know what his problems were?”

“Is what’s her face sleeping around?”

“What…? I don’t know!”

“Dude, she’s hot. Come on Zed tell me. You’d hit it, right?”

“That is not the point. What I’m trying to say is, he has a major problem with you.”

“So?”

“Well, he has a major problem with you. He brought it to me, now I have a major problem with you.”

“What did I do?” questions Spike as he tosses a peanut into his mouth.

“You used an illegal choke hold to beat him on Storm.”

“Dude! It wasn’t a choke hold!”

“Landon told me it was a choke hold, and I believe him.”

“You didn’t even see the match?”

“No. I’m a busy man, Spike.”

“Then how do you know it’s a choke hold?”

“Landon told me it was.”

“Dude…weak.”

“Anyway, as punishment, I am banning choke holds from your match on Lockdown. You will not be able to cheat yourself a win, tonight.”

“Dude, IT WASN’T A CHOKE HOLD!” Spike yells as he stands up from the chair.

“Don’t raise your voice to me! You are lucky I just don’t fine you right now.”

Spike slumps back down into the chair, visually annoyed.

“Have you seen tonight’s card?” Asks Zenon.

“Yeah, I got it in the newsletter.”

“Newsletter?”

“Yeah, the newsletter.”

“What newsletter?”

“Dude, I get a newsletter every week. It’s awesome. It has in what matches are going to take place and like, who is injured and junk. Hey! Did you know Tom Flesher and Dace Night are going to have a Best of Five series?!?”

“Yes…”

“Oh! So you get the newsletter?”

“No…I booked that Best of Five series…”

“So you’re the guy that sends the newsletter out?”

Zenon looks at Spike as if ready to strangle him. “Get out! Just, get out!”

“Dude, no need to go hostile about it. Smell ya later.”

Spike steps up out of chair and makes his way out of the office, leaving the door wide open. After a couple of moment’s pass, Zenon looks back down at the papers on his desk, and gets back to work. Zenon stops what he is doing, looks up into space, and wonders to himself…

“Why don’t I get the newsletter?”

Zenon shrugs and quietly goes back to work.

I like it. Crediting the original source, changes made to add humour - and I like Spike's complete-and-utter goofball character.