TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest glennsoe

Sting says he'd like to work for wwe

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I'd say Smackdown could use him, but then he'd have to be heel, and that probably wouldn't fit very well.

Remember Fall Brawl 1999? Sting cheats like hell...and the crowd still cheers him.

Sting = not a good heel. Once he turned face in 87, he was stuck that way for good.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I'd say Smackdown could use him, but then he'd have to be heel, and that probably wouldn't fit very well.

Remember Fall Brawl 1999? Sting cheats like hell...and the crowd still cheers him.

Sting = not a good heel. Once he turned face in 87, he was stuck that way for good.

Normally I would agree with that, but Sting has been out of the average fan wrestling eye for sometime now. Thus I feel if done the right way he could easily become a heel. But it would take some work from the WWE booking committee(good luck there) that I really doubt they would be able to handle......

Guest Trivia247

Sting: I'll sell my soul to you Satan..Errrr I'll sign the Contract Vince

Vince: Bwahahahahaha oh I mean, yes that will be mutual beneficial.

Sting: Oh just one thing though.

Vince: Huh?

Sting goes and opens the door and there is Lex Luger folding his baseball hat trying to give Vince Puppydog eyes through drugged out bloodshots...

Sting: He signs...I sign.

Vince: Ah Shit.........

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I think that's a little wrong..

Vince: Hey...how you doing Lex? I think I'll give you that World Title run I promised you ten years ago. Someone get me Chris whatshisname. His title reign bombed, so it's time to give it to a real champion.

Sting: What about me?

Vince: Uh...you can have that other title on the shitty show.

Sting: NWA-TNA?

Vince: HAHA! Just for that, you get the title instead. Lex, you'll have to wait some more.

I would almost say give Luger a chance but after the first fuck up his ass is thrown out the door, since surely he wouldnt be lasting to long....ALMOST but not quite.

They were going to do that at WM19? The same WM Austin was having heart attacks the night before and planned on simi retiring at?

And from SAFECO FIELD? RIIIIGHT. That has disaster written all over it.

They were going to do that at WM19? The same WM Austin was having heart attacks the night before and planned on simi retiring at?

Actually, outside the show that year, prior to anyone going in and seeing what the rigging looked like, there was rumors running around in the line that the dome would open up and Sting would arrive in a helicopter.

The dome is really fast to open as far as sports domes go, so most people assumed it might happen until they noticed the big thing hanging from the ceiling.

Guest CronoT
In an interview with IGN.com (to promote the upcoming new Legends of Wrestling game), Sting says he wants to work for WWE.

"If it were done properly, I would do it. This last Wrestlemania would've been a good one, Wrestlemania XX, just the fact that I've never been a part of one. I would definitely do it. You know, Vince and I have talked several times over the past few years. The Wrestlemania before, he wanted me to repel out of the ceiling and do something with Stone Cold Steve Austin, and we were set to do it, we were going to do it, but once the attorney's get going, and it's not my attorney, he's only doing what I ask him to do, but once their attorney's get involved, it's tough. When I talk to Vince, it's easy. Anyway, I had to call Vince and tell him that we couldn't do it. He's been great every time I've talked to him, so you never know. It's something I'm interested in."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When "The Stinger" shows up in wwe, i'll mark out like a bitch !!

What do you say ?? Yes or No to Sting ??

Work.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

SmackDown could really use him. Even if it means turning Eddie heel.

I think it'd be great if Eddie formed his own little 'minority' stable and raised hell, feuding with the likes of Undertaker & Sting.

Before I'm torn to shreds, I know it only sounds good on paper. Forgive me, my Taker sense blinds my judgement.

I love you, Mark.

UYI

I think it'd be great if Eddie formed his own little 'minority' stable and raised hell, feuding with the likes of Undertaker & Sting.

Before I'm torn to shreds, I know it only sounds good on paper. Forgive me, my Taker sense blinds my judgement.

I love you, Mark.

UYI

oh yes, bring back the LWO.

Im sure the WWE would do the stable more justice than WCW did.

I loved that so much. Sting is already loved, he turns heel, and they loved him even more! Just like with Eddie. :D

Im sure the WWE would do the stable more justice than WCW did.

Hey, at least Disco Inferno isn't around. :P

Guest Anglesault
I know it only sounds good on paper.

It sounds good on paper?

The last thing the WWE needs is another washed up "star" in his 40s who can't wrestle anymore. He's a good fit for a fed like TNA that's desperate for name value, but he wouldn't do anything for the WWE.

Sting is about the biggest name in American wrestling that Vince could bring in, that hasn't already been brought in. Plus, merchandise wise, Vince can hardly lose with Sting.

It'd certainly do Smackdown no harm to bring Sting in, even if it's in an Undertaker type 'makes irregular apperances' role. How you'd turn him heel effectively though is beyond me.

Guest DeputyHawk

And from SAFECO FIELD? RIIIIGHT. That has disaster written all over it.

I think he probably meant two years ago, ie WMX8 at the Skydome. I vaguely remember chat about Sting getting involved in the NWO Invasion angle when they were going with Austin vs. Nash & Hall. That at least makes more sense.

What's worse than an unmotivated wrestler on SD? A highly paid old unmotivated wrestler with facepaint on SD.

Either that, or a whole big bunch of nothing on Smackdown except Eddie, Taker and Dupree's Wang.

Guest M. Harry Smilac

A Flair/Orton Vs. Shelton/Sting match would be cool.

Sting may be washed up but his offense is not like Scott Steiner's in that you need to be in your prime to do alot of your moves.

The only thing I could see him not doing anymore is maybe press slams.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Sting may be washed up but his offense is not like Scott Steiner's in that you need to be in your prime to do alot of your moves.

Judging from his TNA matches, he is in great physical condition, and hasn't changed at all excedpt for his age.

And I think he still does press slams, but I'm not 100% sure.

Guest MikeSC

Judging from his TNA matches, he is in great physical condition, and hasn't changed at all excedpt for his age.

And I think he still does press slams, but I'm not 100% sure.

Except, of course, Sting lost the desire to even put forth EFFORT in the ring back around 1997.

The man has taken the worst stretches of UT's work, combined them with piss poor mic work and iffy, at best, drawing prowess --- and stretched it over 7 years.

-=Mike

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Well when you consider how he was booked from mid 98-end of WCW in 2001, you'll get the answer why.

If I was Sting, I would've half assed the nonsense feuds with Luger and Vampiro too.

Guest MikeSC
Well when you consider how he was booked from mid 98-end of WCW in 2001, you'll get the answer why.

If I was Sting, I would've half assed the nonsense feuds with Luger and Vampiro too.

If you're going to half-ass work because you're not thrilled with your booking (even though you do wield considerable clout IN your booking) --- then you are DEFINITELY not needed in the WWE. They already had one Goldberg.

-=Mike

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Well when the writers tell you to sit 50 feet above the ring instead of wrestle for 15 months, I guess he has no right to complain about being mis-used for four years.

Guest MikeSC
Well when the writers tell you to sit 50 feet above the ring instead of wrestle for 15 months, I guess he has no right to complain about being mis-used for four years.

The writers didn't tell him to do it --- he fulfilled his contract, refused to renegotiate, so they pretty much had few other options.

He COULD have decided to churn out WATCHABLE matches after that --- but he didn't. His work was horrid. He was BAD --- by WCW under the Bisso regime standards.

-=Mike

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Well that's getting carried away. Watch for example GAB 99, and you'll see 10 of the shittest matches ever.

And our ol pal Sting has to pretend he's viciously attacked by DOGS.

Guest MikeSC
Well that's getting carried away. Watch for example GAB 99, and you'll see 10 of the shittest matches ever.

It's not like that idiocy was any worse than the match he was involved in.

I thought the dogs were at Slamboree, not Bash.

-=Mike

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

It's not like that idiocy was any worse than the match he was involved in.

I thought the dogs were at Slamboree, not Bash.

-=Mike

I'm pretty sure it was GAB 99. Maybe it happend at both, but either way, it was Grade A Retarded.

Guest Trivia247

Anyone mention the Vampiro feud with Sting

with graveyard matches and that Match involving Fire.