TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Listen

Look, Banky's being a shit disturber again. What a surprise...

Quit treating me like I'm the fucking anti-Christ. I voiced my opinion - others agreed. Its as simple as that.

You aren't cool enough to be the Anti-Christ.

...that hurt.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Maybe the Anti-Christ's best friend Bob though.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

What a row.

I'm a total scofflaw, so it's obvious where I stand on the matter. Not like my dialup is fast enough to view anything worth a shit anyway.

1. "It's board policy that no copyrighted materials be used" - so if it applies to videos, it should apply to _everything_. Which would suck and hurt the board as it takes the fun out of it.  Any other way and you're being a hypocrite for allowing one thing, but stopping another.  Authority without Accountability - a bad thing.

"Which would suck and hurt the board as it takes the fun out of it."

So it's not the interacting with other people about mutually enjoyable subjects that's fun, it's looking at (or posting) pretty and/or funny pictures?

Wow, I've been doing this message board thingy wrong all along.

Guest Dids

I work with copy rights and fair use a bit. Nobody is getting in any trouble for a picture in a .sig. There's a huge difference between posting full matches or themes and what most of us do.

And whether it makes sense or not is a mute point. None of our asses are on the line if anything happens, no matter how unlikely. It's Dames that will get nailed, and if that's the case, what he says goes.

I think it's fantastic that site feedback is this active, because it's cool tha people care enough about this board to voice their opinions. I think it's unfortunate that the mods seem to view that as a problem rather than something that should be nurtured and used to make the board a better place. That said, it's also unfortunate that some posters won't let things die after an issue has been dealt with.

Guest hhhruls
I've been doing this message board thingy wrong all along

u suk at teh itnernet.

hay cancur marny i know u all wan2 b liek me with ur typeng but to bad for u nooen can b liek me or hhh ether u suk jst liek JINGES and alfdog and cwm.

Guest Loss

I actually have no problem with feedback, positive or negative. I am willing to listen to criticism and adjust my actions accordingly if I feel the criticism is justified. I have shown this to be true since I've become a mod. However, often times lately, it seems to be the same posters complaining about the same issues, to a point where I wonder if it's an issue of really caring or just trying to get over for standing up to the Big Bad Mods.

Sometimes, the complaints are genuine and sometimes they're done to impress everyone and be noticed through trolling. It's not hard to tell the difference.

hay cancur marny i know u all wan2 b liek me with ur typeng but to bad for u nooen can b liek me or hhh ether u suk jst liek JINGES and alfdog and cwm.

Um...

<marks>

So it's not the interacting with other people about mutually enjoyable subjects that's fun, it's looking at (or posting) pretty and/or funny pictures?

Well... in the WWE folder... yeah. Look how many people have copyrighted material there (hell, you do in your avatar.) You can't say that taking that away wouldn't have an effect. "You can't post any pictures that are not your own", you don't think that would turn a lot of the posters off this site and onto another?

Guest Dids
I actually have no problem with feedback, positive or negative. I am willing to listen to criticism and adjust my actions accordingly if I feel the criticism is justified. I have shown this to be true since I've become a mod. However, often times lately, it seems to be the same posters complaining about the same issues, to a point where I wonder if it's an issue of really caring or just trying to get over for standing up to the Big Bad Mods.

Sometimes, the complaints are genuine and sometimes they're done to impress everyone and be noticed through trolling. It's not hard to tell the difference.

FWIW Loss, I think you've been great in these threads. If the Mods took the same approach as you and Sass, we'd be better off.

Quit treating me like I'm the fucking anti-Christ. I voiced my opinion - others agreed. Its as simple as that.

I don't think you're the Anti-Christ... just more melodramatic than you need to be.

Quit treating me like I'm the fucking anti-Christ.  I voiced my opinion - others agreed.  Its as simple as that.

I don't think you're the Anti-Christ... just more melodramatic than you need to be.

Not quite. I stated an opinion. Besides, if this went on for 5 pages, it must be because some people agree.

If the Mods took the same approach as you and Sass, we'd be better off.

Exactly what is that supposed to mean? Just because most of us don't try to make everything a public spectacle doesn't mean we don't do our jobs.

Just because most of us don't try to make everything a public spectacle doesn't mean we don't do our jobs.

Who are you?

I see APO here almost every day.

Just because he doesn't post much doesn't mean he's never here.

Guest Dids
If the Mods took the same approach as you and Sass, we'd be better off.

Exactly what is that supposed to mean? Just because most of us don't try to make everything a public spectacle doesn't mean we don't do our jobs.

Some mods (not you) have approached these discussions with a very adversarial tone. Taking things personally and firing back insults. I like that Sass and Loss have stepped up and debated issues.

So you're bent that he closed the anglesault thread that got bumped from 2002. Not to mention the general retardation that was going on in said thread.

it was funny..

Who knows top-secret information about the mods?

:::raises hand:::

:::looks around:::

Hmmm.

I don't think we need to "de-mod" anybody. APO is a good guy, as are the rest of the mod staff. The only mod that actually does anything that pisses me off personally is nik, who thinks he's God's gift to wrestling message boards...which is pretty pathetic.