TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest OraleHolmes

Which actors do you wanna see make a comeback?

Guest OraleHolmes

Personally, I'm rooting for Sylvester Stallone, Jean-Claude Van Damme, and Andy Kaufman. Kidding about the last one, of course.

DeNiro hasn't done a good movie since Analyze This, so if he started making good movies again, would that count as a comeback?

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking
DeNiro hasn't done a good movie since Analyze This, so if he started making good movies again, would that count as a comeback?

The fact that he now gets put in retarded comedies is the ultimate insult. Look at The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Where the fuck is Janeane Garofalo?

I just want to see who Tarantino reaches back into the seventies and revives next. I'll say David Soul. Or he should go out on a limb and put Robert Blake in a movie.

How about Louis Gossett, Jr.?

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking
I just want to see who Tarantino reaches back into the seventies and revives next. I'll say David Soul. Or he should go out on a limb and put Robert Blake in a movie.

How about Louis Gossett, Jr.?

Somehow I can't see Quentin Tarantino and Robert Blake seeing eye to eye. Somehow.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Eddie Murphy hasn't made a good moving since Trading Places.

188666.jpg

You were saying?

Guest NCJ

I can't remember if 48 hours was before or after trading Places, but Coming to America, Beverly Hills Cop 2, Harlem Nights, Nutty Proffessor, and Life were alll good Murphy movies

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20
Eddie Murphy hasn't made a good moving since Trading Places

t02561quprr.jpg

Care to repeat that ?

Anyway, I really want to see Eddie Murphy get his career back together. I haven't care for many of his movies in the last 5 years (Expect for Shrek and Life).

Guest Choken One

Eddie is doing just fine...He has had a SLEW of hit movies lately...

other then Pluto Nash and I Spy but Shrek, Daddy Day Car (both getting sequel treatment)...Dr. Dolittle was a big hit.

Bowfinger was a VERY under rated comedic gem...Mulan was good. Nutty Professor 1 & 2 were big hits.

I'm willing to say if he didn't have Nash and I Spy on his resume...He'd be RIGHT up there with Hanks in terms of drawing power.

so he can't make a "comeback" if he's doing just fine.

Good Eddie Murphy after Trading Places:

Beverly Hills Cop

Golden Child

Coming to America

Nutty Professor

Harlem Nights

Beverlly Hills Cop 2

Boomerang

Metro

Vampire in Brookilyn (Hey I liked it)

Life

Shrek

Shrek 2

The problem has been the kid movies- Dr. Dolitte, Pluto Nash, Daddy Day Care, Haunted Mansion.

He's still had some great performances. I-Spy sucked, but I had no problem with Eddie's performance. Showtime sucked more because of De Niro's lack of energy than Eddie. His voicing in Mulan was classic.

If I'd been asked before Kill Bill came out I'd have said David Carradine. Let's just hope he starts choosing good projects from now on.

As for others, I've always been a fan of Rutger Hauer for some reason, so I'll throw his name in there as well.

Guest El Satanico
As for others, I've always been a fan of Rutger Hauer for some reason, so I'll throw his name in there as well.

He'll be in Batman Begins, so he's off to a good start.

Eddie Murphy still has a good career, he's just gone in a different direction.

Joe Pesci and he hasn't been in a movie since 1998.

My Cousin Vinny is very, very underrated. I don't normally like Pesci in comedies cos they're so stereotypical and that's what I expected, but it was very well written.

I want to see Harold Ramis do more acting.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20
Good Eddie Murphy after Trading Places:

Beverly Hills Cop

Golden Child

Coming to America

Nutty Professor

Harlem Nights

Beverlly Hills Cop 2

Boomerang

Metro

Vampire in Brookilyn (Hey I liked it)

Life

Shrek

Shrek 2

The problem has been the kid movies- Dr. Dolitte, Pluto Nash, Daddy Day Care, Haunted Mansion.

He's still had some great performances. I-Spy sucked, but I had no problem with Eddie's performance. Showtime sucked more because of De Niro's lack of energy than Eddie. His voicing in Mulan was classic.

Metro and Boomerang weren't bad movies, I liked them. Harlem Nights was underrated, Beverly Hills Cop 2 was a good sequel.

The only thing I Spy had going for it was Murphy and Wilson, who worked well together. Showtime was boring.

Yeah, as you said. The problem is the family friendly route he's been taking. But, he's only doing it because it's been working.

Marc Anthony

razazteca, I don't know if you were serious. But, Marc Anthony is in Man On Fire.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Chalk up another nod for Joe Pesci. I think the last movie he was in was 8 Heads in a Duffle Bag, and he wasn't even the star of it.

And when was that "Gone Fishing" (w/ Danny Glover I think) movie made? That just completely tarnished anything he's done before it.

Wait, was The Score before or after Analyze This? I thought that was pretty good.

Larry

B.

Scott

Has he been in anything since the 80's? Might as well throw Curtis Armstrong in there as well while you're at it.

Mickey Rourke(he's on the verge of coming back as a supporting actor) and Eric Roberts are my picks.

You mean Eric's not "king of direct-to-video" anymore?

Larry B. Scott was in Revenge of the Nerds, Snake Eater, the classic hip hop parody Fear of a Black Hat and a cameo in The Breaks.

Eric Roberts is on a sitcom on ABC with other great B grade sitcom actors Andy Dick and Will Sasso.

Guest MissMattitude

If we're talking about popularity comebacks I would say Christian Slater. I have alwas been a big fan.

Guest MikeSC
Where the fuck is Janeane Garofalo?

Air America Radio, boring both listeners on a regular basis. Her career shows how far one can go with no discernible talents.

As for actors needing a comeback, I'll agree with Michael Keaton. Jesus, do a comedy once in a while.

-=Mike