TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest glennsoe

wwe asks Ultimo Dragon to sign release....

Guest glennsoe

A few readers have asked me about Ultimo Dragon's status with World Wrestling Entertainment. I have heard WWE recently asked Dragon to sign a release that would prohibit him from appearing on American television for the next year. Dragon is currently wrestling in Japan and has made several appearances in Mexico as well. There had been talk he would return to WWE in the Fall after taking a sabbatical, but I am hearing more and more that he's finished with WWE at this point.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this could mean No Ultiom Dragon in wwe, wa tna or Ring Of Honor..

Id say he wouldnt want to work for any american promotions for a while anyway, after the mockery the WWE made him. ?Hopefully we'll see him again in some shape or form for someone like RoH

Guest Trivia247

I'm upset though. You know its hard to find decent material without coughing up some money to see good wrestlers from the orient I got Ultimo on two tapes the Super J Cup 95 and Toryumon Comes to Japan.

They want Cruiserweights but they don't want Cruiserweights to wrestle like Cruiserweights. Ultimo was too...what was the word vince... Airy? What the Hell is Airy? Sounds like something light a fluffy. they keep hiring Xpac back and he can wrestle ground base (Whenever he is motivated and not smoking the B-O-N Double G in Roaddoggs Grandma's basement.

They want Cruiserweights but they don't want Cruiserweights to wrestle like Cruiserweights. Ultimo was too...what was the word vince... Airy? What the Hell is Airy? Sounds like something light a fluffy.

You have seen his kicks, haven't you? They make Tajiri's look like Kawada x 5. They make Lance Storm's punches look like Terry Funk's punches.

Plus, due to injuries he's been a sloppy worker in his WWE matches. Not as bad as Kidman, but hardly worthy of a big push.

However, Vince didn't know his style before signing him. He ASSUMED he was a Japanese Rey Jr. You know, how he assumed Bradshaw is the next breakout main eventer, Nathan Jones would be a great acquisition, and--well, we'd be here all day, wouldn't we?

Well, that's okay I suppose. I mean, it's not like he's been doing anything note-worthy on WWE TV since his arrival. He's always just seemed kind of like he belonged at the lower-card anyway. Yes, he'd make a hell of a cruiserweight title contender, or even champion, but we don't even have to look at the division to know that there is no chance of him getting the strap, and his faults are too obvious to ignore.

If I was Ultimo Dragon I would sign that paper as damned fas as I could. The WWE has made him look like a joke ever since he got there. Maybe next time Vince signs a crusierweight he should watch a few of his matches first.

I didn't know that Vince himself signed Ultimo (or Nathan Jones). I thought Jim Ross was, and now Johnny Ace is, in charge of that. My boss didn't know everyone I hired, but she trusted my judgment. I'm not so sure that Vince is the person to blame here...

The reports heard at the time were that Vince pushed for Ultimo's signing since HE thought he was a Japanese Rey Mysterio. JR was the main person pushing for Jones, but Jones met with Vince, who was "impressed by his size" and planned to give him a big push (there were even photos of them together). So maybe I wasn't exactly correct, but both cases were something Vince took personal interest in, rather than just being a routine signing he didn't think much of.

The reports heard at the time were that Vince pushed for Ultimo's signing since HE thought he was a Japanese Rey Mysterio. JR was the main person pushing for Jones, but Jones met with Vince, who was "impressed by his size" and planned to give him a big push (there were even photos of them together). So maybe I wasn't exactly correct, but both cases were something Vince took personal interest in, rather than just being a routine signing he didn't think much of.

Thanks for the clarification.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Its so disappointing that he didn't even get a CHANCE to do anything noteworthy in the company.

Guest godofdeadlydeath

This doesn't bother me at all, because although he's a tremendous in-ring talent, or at least was, I just felt bad for him due to his inability to speak English, and therefore get over with Vince McMahon, and after the Wrestlemania entrance, I can't take him seriously in the WWE. I think he will end up a lot happier now.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Wait...if they're 'offering' that to Ultimo, would that mean Paul London can expect the same 'offer' if and when he goes.

If so, fuck.

Paul London's problem is that he looks like 12 year old boy. When he signed he should've considered two things:

a. sign with the wwe and put on muscle mass and give up some of his less exciting moves

b. spurn the wwe and realistically see that if he didn't make some drastic changes he wouldn't succeed

Personally I think he made the wrong decision. He shouldn't have been surprised how things have gone, and either should have anyone here.

I thought he'd been finished with them for about a month now. It's a shame, but it's their loss. Obviously he isn't 'Great' at this point, but if they'd at least established him as a name with a strong influence on the modern cruisers they could have used him to get someone over.

Wait...if they're 'offering' that to Ultimo, would that mean Paul London can expect the same 'offer' if and when he goes.

If so, fuck.

Paul London's problem is that he looks like 12 year old boy. When he signed he should've considered two things:

a. sign with the wwe and put on muscle mass and give up some of his less exciting moves

b. spurn the wwe and realistically see that if he didn't make some drastic changes he wouldn't succeed

Personally I think he made the wrong decision. He shouldn't have been surprised how things have gone, and either should have anyone here.

Well, I agree with all that and was never for him joining. Same with Dragon. At least AJ Styles had the smarts to know he'd be mis-used. London didn't, and he's walked himself into shit.

Which is why I'm waiting for him to go back to ROH where he fits in. This kind of release would stop that though, hence the fuckness.

Ultimo never interested me. Maybe if he'd been given some time with Rey in a feud for the title back when he first came in, then I'd probably get behind him. Hell, I would've been happy if they Tajiri-ed (soon to be Kenzo-fied) him and made him the Evil Foreigner. But that didn't happen. Oh, plus the fact that I ever only saw maybe two matches with him involved in the WWE.

On and side, yet unimportant note, I have not seen a single Paul London match. Not one. Hell, I don't even know what he looks like.

Could'nt the released wrestler find a loophole in the clause? It says no American TV but it does not say anything about appearing on video or dvds for home viewing. The way it is worded it is basically saying no PPVs from competitors like NWA TNA.

Nah, that sounds too simple and obvious (and good) to be a legit loophole. I still wonder why Ultimo wrestling on American TV would be so bad for them considering they treated him so badly during his short tenure in WWE, and it's not like he's a Goldberg of a Steve Austin. Maybe nothing WWE does will ever make complete sense I suppose.

Its the Dogma rule. If you prove Vince wrong by letting released wrestlers preform to full potential in other companies the whole world will implode onto it self and cease to exit. Vince is perfect his word is law and cannot be proven wrong.

Guest Quik

It's kinda funny, they do nothing with a wrestler and let him turn to shit. Then they release him. However, they add a clause that states they can't immediately work in the U.S. It's almost like they're admitting that they can be a threat to them in another promotion. If so, why not use them in his own promotion? It's so fucking stupid.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

Why do they give a shit if he goes to another company? I'm sure he's gonna be the guy to bring TNA to WWE's popularity level.

I'd say its just Vince showing his power or watching his back.

Who knows, maybe he will become big...on the other hand he's just fucking with him as he can go "your having a shitty time here?well if you want to leave we'll let you go.....only if you sign this thing that says you cant work in the US for a year though."

Just leave, Ultimo. Go back to where they treat you like a God. :(

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Just leave, Ultimo. Go back to where they treat you like a God. :(

My house? (covers up Ultimo Dragon shrine)

Its the Dogma rule. If you prove Vince wrong by letting released wrestlers preform to full potential in other companies the whole world will implode onto it self and cease to exit. Vince is perfect his word is law and cannot be proven wrong.

Well, now the god-damned Goon gimmick makes a little more sense...

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

It's a real shame, Ultimo's always been a huge sentimental favorite of mine. I saw his cruiserweight title match with Chavo on Velocity live and it was a blast. Sucks I'll never get that experience again.

<-needs to invest in some Toryumon tapes.

Ultimo recently did a show for CMLL. Will Galavision not be able to show that?