TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Axl Rose and Pink

Bad girl pop star Pink has shocked the rock world on several occassions during her brief music career. Making out with Tommy Lee and Kristanna Loken, writing songs about her abusive family life, but the girl with the ever changing hair color has apparently topped her pop rivals with her latest move - convincing the controversial Axl Rose to sing on her upcoming remake of the Bonnie Tyler classic Total Eclipse of the Heart, for the Wes Craven movie Cursed, starring Christina Ricci. The two projects share a similar history. Rose has been promising the release of his next CD, Chinese Democracy, for several years now while Craven's Cursed was originally scheduled to come out last summer but was pulled, shelved, then reworked to change the structure of the film and is now supposed to come out this summer.

"I'm lucky he didn't arrest me and he probably only agreed to do it to get rid of me!," Pink said of her recent time spend with Rose. It was the typical hollywood story. A friend of a friend of a member of Pink's management staff happened to run into Axl at a grocery store of all places, and when the red-haired elusive rocker mentioned that he enjoyed Pink's music the wheels started rolling. Once the message was passed on to Pink, who fits more into the Aerosmith and Kid Rock area than with pop princesses Britney and Christina, she became obsessed with contacting him.

After finding out where Rose and his new version of Guns N Roses were recording, Pink showed up unnounced at the studio.

"I practically had to bribe the security guard to let me in," the outspoken Pink laughed. "And then I practically had to blow Axl to get him to sing for me! But it's Axl fucking Rose."

While not really a duet, Rose just sings backing vocals on the song, Pink was clearly stoked to have Rose performing on her album.

"He's just singing the part at the beginning . . . a couple 'turn arounds' and 'turn around bright eyes' and then he goes off a bit later in the song, but we're not sure how it's all going to fit together yet. I can assure you though, it'll be fucking amazing. It's such a beautiful, touching song. Then you throw in Axl's growl and it's going to blow you away." Pink said she showed up and begged Rose to sing on one of her two songs for the movie. "I thought for sure he'd do D'yer, but he said that'd be too expected, so he added his vocals to Eclipse. I'm still in shock he decided to do it." Pink said Axl only agreed to do the song on one condition . . . that she not talk about what she heard him doing in the studio.

"I swore on my life I wouldn't talk about what I heard, but I have to tell you guys it kicked ass. I only heard parts of two songs and they both gave me the same goosebumps I had the first time I heard Welcome. Fucking guy was hitting notes that I can't even reach."

When asked why she decided to cover the Tyler classic, Pink lit up a cigarette, chuckled and responded. "Dude, have you heard Jessica Simpson's version of You Take My Breath Away," she responded shaking her head. No other words needed to be said.

Pink is also covering Led Zepplin's D'Yer Maker for the movie.

I got this off of a GNR message board. There's no source, so it's probably bullshit, but I still thought it was cool enough to post.

Guest Deebo
Pink said Axl only agreed to do the song on one condition . . . that she not talk about what she heard him doing in the studio.

"I swore on my life I wouldn't talk about what I heard, but I have to tell you guys it kicked ass. I only heard parts of two songs and they both gave me the same goosebumps I had the first time I heard Welcome. Fucking guy was hitting notes that I can't even reach."

doesn't that part kind of tell you that it's bullshit?

Pink said Axl only agreed to do the song on one condition . . . that she not talk about what she heard him doing in the studio.

doesn't that part kind of tell you that it's bullshit?

Now wait just a min........

Shit, you're probably right........

I'm glad Pink's last album has done shit. That's what she gets for dumping Linda Perry 1/4 of the way through the album and jumping on the pop punk bandwagon by working with the idiots from Rancid.

Now that failed, she can go crawl back to praising artist like Aerosmith, GNR, Bon Jovi, Zeppelin, Janis, etc,.

Guest FrigidSoul

Anything that has "Axl Rose" and "work" in it is bullshit. I bet he pressed two keys on a keyboard and then told Pink "Now don't you go telling anybody!".

I'm glad Pink's last album has done shit. That's what she gets for dumping Linda Perry 1/4 of the way through the album and jumping on the pop punk bandwagon by working with the idiots from Rancid.

Now that failed, she can go crawl back to praising artist like Aerosmith, GNR, Bon Jovi, Zeppelin, Janis, etc,.

Yeah, seriously. I loved the second album.

So what, now she's gone from rap, to pop rock, to punk. Maybe she'll step into metalcore for the fourth?