TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USC Wuz Robbed!

Xbox Owners

There is probably another thread talking about Xbox, but it's probably too old.

I have a PS2 and a Gamecube. Those consoles satisfies me immensely, PS2 for the Smackdown games and some select RPGs, and Gamecube for their quirky games like Animal Crossing and Wind Waker.

However, after some thinking, I decided to ask this.

Back in October last year, I decided to get a Xbox. Tragedy struck, when I was promptly mugged in the mall parking lot on the way home. The Xbox was one of the properties mugged from me. Back then the Xbox cost 200 bucks, and I was badly burnt for it. My question is.... should I get another one now that it's cheaper? There's a deal on Gamespot where I would get a preowned Xbox for 120.00 plus Knights of the Old Republic, Morrowind and Splinter Cell for free..... is it a good deal or should I just focus on expanding my ever so large collection of PS2/GC games?

There's a deal on Gamespot where I would get a preowned Xbox for 120.00 plus Knights of the Old Republic, Morrowind and Splinter Cell for free..... is it a good deal or should I just focus on expanding my ever so large collection of PS2/GC games?

That is a fantastic deal. Get it.

There's a deal on Gamespot where I would get a preowned Xbox for 120.00 plus Knights of the Old Republic, Morrowind and Splinter Cell for free..... is it a good deal or should I just focus on expanding my ever so large collection of PS2/GC games?

That is a fantastic deal. Get it.

Yeah that was my thinking. But the only thing I worry about is it seems like a lot of games require XBox Live, which I do not want.

Get it. As far as I know, X-Box Live is basically an option for most games. It's not required. The only ones I think basically require it is the Phantasy Star Onlines. I could be wrong, but I think Morrowind is a MMORPG, in which case you'd pretty much need X-Box Live to enjoy it.

Some one else here might know.

Oh, get Metal Slug 3 while you're at it. :)

Morrowind is an offline game.

Mostly...Live is just an added feature on some games. There are some (like Rainbow Six 3) where the single player isn't nearly worth the price of the game without having Live...but for the most part there is a fully developed single player to go along with Live.

Hell...three of the best XBox games (and maybe the 3 best) Halo, KOTOR and Ninja Gaiden are almost completely without Live play (a download for KOTOR, and the Master Ninja tournament thing for NG are the only features).

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

9 times out of 10 I would rather have an X-Box game than a PS2 game.

9 times out of 10 I would rather have an X-Box game than a PS2 game.

It seems like, to me, that the ratio of quality to crap on X-Box is higher than PS2 also.

Sony lets lots of a crap be made for their systems. Take a look at your nearest Gamestop/EB at the used PS1 rack. The number of lousy titles you have to sift through to find anything good is astounding.

The X-Box also has its share of quirky titles that are worth a shot. Try out Whacked! if you'd like a good offline party game. The gameplay isn't anything too innovative, but the presentation and humor are awesome.

Honestly this is the perfect time to get an Xbox. Not only will you get three of the best games for the Xbox in Knights of the Old Republic (which was the best RPG of last year), Morrowind (which is another good RPG), and Splinter Cell (which is a fun game if you don't mind slow paced games), but Xbox has a lot of really good games out or coming out. Your gonna need Halo, every Xbox owner should be required to own Halo. There's also Ninja Gaiden, Theif 3, Metal Slug 3, Fable, then the most antipacited game EVER Halo 2 on Nov. 9th. Everyone and their mom will have this one, really you don't even know how many parents have been asking me when Halo 2 is coming out so they can play it. This would be the perfect time for you to get a Xbox, so get one AND FEEL THE POWER! (Calp hands and points at you)

Your gonna need Halo, every Xbox owner should be required to own Halo. There's also Ninja Gaiden, Theif 3, Metal Slug 3, Fable, then the most antipacited game EVER Halo 2 on Nov. 9th.

Halo, Halo, Halo--**** Halo!!

I simply refuse to play a game where I need to use the two analog sticks to perform basic movements. Not my bag.

However, yeah I could see that if you don't mind that you'd like that game. <_<

Actually I played Halo on a friend's Xbox. Overrated IMO. I am not getting it. It's good that people have a game that they can enjoy with the world community, but I'm not about to join that community of Halo owners.

You know its funny how people say Halo is overrated but yet its still the 4th most selling Xbox game today, hmmmm.

Just because it sells good doesn't mean it's not overrated.

I might think a game is amazing and go tell 10 friends how good it is, and then they go and buy it and 4 of 10 might not think the game is good, but the sale is already in the books.

I know this is a hypothetical situation but it is possible.

Your gonna need Halo, every Xbox owner should be required to own Halo. There's also Ninja Gaiden, Theif 3, Metal Slug 3, Fable, then the most antipacited game EVER Halo 2 on Nov. 9th.

Halo, Halo, Halo--**** Halo!!

I simply refuse to play a game where I need to use the two analog sticks to perform basic movements. Not my bag.

However, yeah I could see that if you don't mind that you'd like that game. <_<

You can change the settings, you know.

Guest Vitamin X

Yes. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that that deal is worth it.

Also, if any game comes out multi-platform, you'd be a fool to get the PS2 version over the Xbox version, unless you're particular to playing the online PS2 version. The reason behind this is the improved graphics quality, smoothness, and MUCH faster loading times than on a PS2.

After I sold my PS2 last year, I went and bought an Xbox, didn't touch a Ps2 for quite some time after that. Tried playing a game on PS2 which I was used to on Xbox (I think it was Madden) and got real fuckin frustrated because it felt as slow as a PS1 to me, being used to it.

Oh, and Halo is way overrated. I honestly don't understand how it stands out from just about any other first person shooter on any system, even Xbox.

Get Live and Project Gotham Racing 2 just so you can play with me, internet sensation that I am.

Out of curiosity, how much is Live? And how does Live work? Does it require a dialup modem or could I use a cable modem?

Pfft. Halo haters are nothing more that they want Halo on their systems.

I have an X-Box. I just don't like dual-analog movement or even First Person Shooters (I like Metroid Prime, but that's not technically a FPS).

You can change the settings, you know.

What are the options?

Oh, and Halo is way overrated. I honestly don't understand how it stands out from just about any other first person shooter on any system, even Xbox.

It was the only X-Box launch title worth a damn?

Guest Vitamin X
Get Live and Project Gotham Racing 2 just so you can play with me, internet sensation that I am.

Out of curiosity, how much is Live? And how does Live work? Does it require a dialup modem or could I use a cable modem?

Live is $50 for an annual subscription, though it could be far less now, or $5 a month. Basically from my understanding, it works kind of like MSN or AOL, in which it has its own interface to which you log on to and play games from. And it REQUIRES a broadband connection.

Actually it only REQUIRES a high speed internet connection..DSL can also be used for Xbox live.

Halo LAN Multiplayer is where the fun is at.

I'm still not tired of it, after 3 years, I could play it all day.

Actually it only REQUIRES a high speed internet connection..DSL can also be used for Xbox live.

So in theory I could get Live. But I ain't paying 50 bucks for it... no way in hell.

50 bucks gets you the headset, the plug in you need for it to recognize you're on Live and Two full years of service.

KOTOR is one of the best games to come out in years and is worth $120 alone.

I think the Xbox is pretty lame though.